Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

Hi everyone,

I have just started a new high brix grow and journal, and Shiggity was kind enough to allow me to come here and let everyone know about it. Please come check it out when you get a chance. This is only my second grow ever and I'm as green as they come, so would appreciate any suggestions or advice. I have read through Doc Bud's entire In The Lab thread, a couple hundred pages of the High Brix Q&A thread, and quite a few of the high brix journals, so I have been trying to do my homework. But still nothing can replace the experience of growing. I just hope to make as few mistakes as possible, and your help, suggestions and advice along the way would be greatly appreciated! The link is in my signature line below.

Thanks, and sorry for the interruption!

Cationic drench time! FLIP+19
Yesterday the plants looked like they were ready for the cat drench. It is a drench that changes the electric charge in the soil. Focusing the plant toward a reproductive effort. For it to be performed the buds must be "set". Then without watering in between I perform another cat drench in succession.

So I had 10 gallons to water with and added 1 1/4 oz cat drench and 2.5 milliliters tea. When the pots are close to dry in a few days I will perform the 2nd cat drench. I'm honestly a bit nervous but hey,ya gotta make a choice.

X4

image7934.jpeg

X8

image7933.jpeg

Hk8

image7935.jpeg

Hk11

image7936.jpeg

Hk3

image7937.jpeg

Ao5

image7938.jpeg

The whole shebang

image7944.jpeg

Ziggs I peeked in this morning and I can already tell a difference. It's like a turbo charge! Thanks for your help brother. You and Smokey Mcfly were a great resource. I am hoping some veteran Brixers will post their cat drenches in that thread also.

they will..:) i will post in my thread your CD thread link

The HB growers may not have plants at the CD stage yet..:)

Just wanted to stop by and say... I'll be hitting the Brix myself very soon. I'm sold because of journals like this. +reps shigg

Been sick with the plague. I have been able to vape though with the help of my new super cheap rig. The ecig does temp control for the titanium wire encased in ceramic heating element. I will try to get a review up but sickness has me not very motivated. It's not a perfect system. It has been bouncing me out of TC mode. A wonderful cheap work in progress. When TC mode doesn't work I use 35W.
image8095.jpeg

Will take pics tonight of the girls mid cat drench week. It's super smelly in there. :)

Flip+26

6 days since first cat drench. They are still on second cat drench. Will probably water again tomorrow. Cat drench each time was 1.5 oz drench +2.5ml tea in 10 gallons divided equally among the 5 plants. Tomorrow is Brix and wa10x foliar. The aromas are super nice in flower right now. Huck Kush #11 really loves the High Brix. So does Agent Orange 5. Trichomes on both are already unreal. I am going to let these mature a bit more than in the hunger games first grow. Very happy with the kit.:thumb:

Agent Orange 5

IMG_53849.JPG

IMG_53858.JPG
IMG_538611.JPG

Huck Kush #3

IMG_53879.JPG

IMG_53895.JPG
IMG_53905.JPG

X4

IMG_53924.JPG
IMG_53964.JPG

IMG_53936.JPG
IMG_53947.JPG

huck kush #8

IMG_53973.JPG

IMG_53985.JPG
IMG_53996.JPG

Huck Kush #11

IMG_54016.JPG
IMG_54083.JPG

IMG_54026.JPG
IMG_54038.JPG
IMG_54044.JPG
IMG_54054.JPG
IMG_54063.JPG
IMG_54075.JPG

Awesome, very sexy. AO 5 and X4 are showing some heat stress, how close is your light. I did not see any other plants showing stress, you are right on the edge to maximize yields, great job.

Cheers

All the rest are about 8" away from LEDs and 8-12" from HPS. X4 is actually in the middle between two HPS so about 15" away. Ao5 is about 12"away from the led. I think it's a bit of mag deficiency flirtation. But I will keep an eye on temps. I'm about 81 at canopy level with a fan that blows just between the canopy and lights. Thanks for visiting millertm. I take all advice. I will check local temperatures tomorrow at all plants canopy level.

I'm looking at raised edges on leaves. My temps were under 80 but too much NRG raised edges of leaves. I'd say more bleaching then heat. Eh, I'll call it NRG stress. Lovely Flowers though.

Cheers

Beginning of or a current Mg deficiency will have the elevated serrations. Doc says you want to have just a slight deficiency. You can probably give some Epsom next watering. :). They look amazing!!
I did not know that. Thanks for update.

Cheers

I think I will try and use the wa10x and keep off the epsoms unless the issue worsens on those two plants. The HK#11(lavender hash pheno) is something to behold in person. Her leaves are outstanding. Just thick and healthy. I let her get a lot bigger this time before flowering. She still only stretched about 6". I will try and let her get even bigger before next run! I would love to see what she could do a bit bigger.
Subcool says the agent orange is a late producer. Last time I harvested her early. I was afraid the pollen from the other Agent orange herms would have time to make immature seeds in the buds. This time I will wait. She may herm late flower but she's gong to be the last one in there. But I think I have an atypical agent orange pheno. This one is way more crystally then the agent orange pics on Subcool's site. It looks more like the Jack the Ripper parent.

Awesome, very sexy. AO 5 and X4 are showing some heat stress, how close is your light. I did not see any other plants showing stress, you are right on the edge to maximize yields, great job.

Cheers

You mean lights as in super plural right millstream? Shigs got the light lineup, holy smoley spacoly!

Back
Top Bottom