Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

Ack, had the Huck on my mind. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sounds good to me. Cat is a switch and a nutrient combined. It's a Transplant feed with ammonia-based nutes for the negative charge, which pops soil-bound minerals off their cation sites. The minerals are held to the cation sites with a static charge, and the cation sites are primarily in the humus material in the soil. Over time, they fill up nicely and we can release them with negatively charged nutes.

Then question is how fast they refill and how dense they are in your particular soil. My thinking is that your soil is looking pretty damned healthy, the last Cat didn't cause any leaf issues, and the soil has had a chance to revert to positive after the T/water rests and the Energy feed, so there may be enough in the soil to cycle the charge again. :hmmmm:

I think your instinct to evaluate the second Cat is good. :thumb:

Thank you for the excellent explanation, GT..
What if we gradually add CAT to soil over a week or 2?
In nature what causes this reaction to occur?

(+) reps :thumb:

My understanding is that we do two in a row to be sure we've permeated the soil with negative ions.

If it's done over the same period of time, I suppose more smaller feeds might amount to the same thing. :hmmmm:

In nature I think the root exudates provide the negative charge. It's one of the tricks we can do because we have standardized soil. We can release nutrients that the plant would only receive slowly.

Flip + 46 They got a GE drench 1.5oz +2.5ml tea yesterday except for the Agent Orange. Just for fun I gave her 10ml Cat drench +0.5ml tea. She will get a light second cat and then a trans water, finishing up on GE She has 15ish days to go. I had to cull my Chem nute X4 for nanners but the HB version of X4 has no nanners to be found. Can't wait to be all HB!

Hucklebery Kush #11
Can you believe the complete lack of stretch here? The buds start right at the top of the fabric pots. I will grow her much taller in veg from now on. Amazing plant and she loves the High Brix.

FullSizeRender_6_11.jpg
IMG_55984.JPG
FullSizeRender_4_24.jpg
FullSizeRender_5_17.jpg

Agent Orange (I think the plants love the LED/HPS mix of light. Makes for some nice Easter color pics!)

FullSizeRender_1_28.jpg
FullSizeRender123.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_40.jpg

FullSizeRender_3_29.jpg

All decked out in her Easter best! :circle-of-love:

Happy Easter!
Nice Huck Kush!!
I got my Pineapple Fields, Huckleberry Kush and honey badger Haze yesterday. I will be planting in a few days.

Happy Easter Shiggity! Green blessings to all.

Back
Top Bottom