Silverfox’s Organic GG#4, MK Ultra x Blue Dream: Now Flowering Under Budget LED

Keep the pics coming, @Silverfox125!!! Every time I show the missus, she gets all dreamy-eyed and I'm one step closer to a bigger tent and some more lights to augment our operation! :high-five: haha man if i could get plants even half as beautiful and chunky as those, I could die happy now :adore:

Got a quick peek at them this morning.

0978815D-30C6-49AD-A503-677C10FE2810.jpeg

7D136ACC-24D5-4D52-94D2-1D9FD91BED09.jpeg
love the colour difference between them. something special about the dark purples.

Such an exciting time!! I've got mine in 30L pots, so roughly the same size pots. I was worried it was a little on the small side, but if that's big enough to support these monsters, then happy days!! :yahoo:

I used to love trimming. Now it’s definitely a chore but well worth it. I like to hang the whole plant at once to dry as slow as possible so it gets tricky trimming that way.

thanks @Opar

Just a quick photo update today. It’s just a waiting game at this point :yahoo:

C1DA06C6-7E5E-4CF1-8487-8AC1947C9B4C.jpeg

9E2A6E2A-2BAD-4A47-8D92-9F254A166F7E.jpeg

FC525F90-F492-4E49-A033-949DBC42111E.jpeg

E801D190-DBE6-4481-9F47-2639BD935C9B.jpeg
Silverfox, at what point would you be looking to harvest and how old are they? Are GG4 what's classed as a high potency variety which is best harvested when the trichomes start to develop light Amber crystal clear heads as opposed to the ones that have the highest level of THC when they have about 40-60%milky heads? Your a few weeks ahead of me because the veg time was extended by a couple of weeks. This was because I didn't have a clue what I was doing.
Excellent grow they look really healthy. Should be worth it.

I’m at 61 days flowering today. It’s my first run with gg4 so I’m not sure my preference. I like about 30% amber so any day now I’ll take them

I used to love trimming. Now it’s definitely a chore but well worth it. I like to hang the whole plant at once to dry as slow as possible so it gets tricky trimming that way.

thanks @Opar

Little bit too much plant there to dry in the fridge without having a huge space! Haha have you mucked around with the low and slow fridge dry method? I did that my first run and was pretty happy with the results, but if I don't do it that way I'd hang the whole plant to dry like you do. Do you prefer to wet or dry trim?

I’ve only used one drying method but I bet the fridge method is nice. My first grow I cut the stems and trimmed buds. Second and all future I did whole plant and really liked it.

wet vs dry trim is an ongoing debate. I sort of met in the middle. I trim fan leaves wet. Then sugar leaves dry unless I see a potential for mold

I’m off to check the ladies now :green_heart:

Today probably should have been the day but I got carried away with the kids and catching up on the journals I was behind in that it’s now lights out lol.

honestly I have just loved this grow so much. Once I got the right light on these I had no issues at all. I had a great time and selfishly don’t want to end this journal.

I really appreciate the help along the way and the great company you all provided.

Special thanks to @Budget LED you were ready with answers anytime I had one and I’m so thankful to have found you guys.

Today probably should have been the day but I got carried away with the kids and catching up on the journals I was behind in that it’s now lights out lol.

honestly I have just loved this grow so much. Once I got the right light on these I had no issues at all. I had a great time and selfishly don’t want to end this journal.

I really appreciate the help along the way and the great company you all provided.

Special thanks to @Budget LED you were ready with answers anytime I had one and I’m so thankful to have found you guys.
Thanks for the continued support!

Nice! I think I've settled on a pretty similar method after lots of reading and debating. Chop the fans wet, and leave any sugar leaves to dry with the rest of the plant. Didn't have enough trimming to really get much finger/scissor hash the first time round, but here's hoping some of these current ladies are a different scenario!

Can't wait to see what kind of weight you're going to pull off all these!! Sure looks like top-shelf!! But i can't even imagine what a job trimming will be... haha

Ha ha it’s definitely a chore but it’s all I know. My first grow was not a scrog but all others have been. I keep trying to get away from it because it would make a perpetual grow easier to time but I can’t. I just love everything about the scrog method

Back
Top Bottom