Skunnymonster's Multi-Strain Perpetual LED Grow

Hi skunny

I am a very new grower just getting started and I was going to purchase a mars II from Sara. I was just wondering why you chose to buy one full spectrum and one flower. Is there an advantage to having one flower and one full. I was going to just buy a full spectrum 700w but wanted to get some advice first. If any one else would like to chime in any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! :thanks:

Skunny!!! awesome looking grid, on that flux :high-five: hope u don't mind my 2 cents below, skunny :passitleft:

ManoftheMoon, great to hear you are buying LED's thru a 420 sponsor :thumb: do your homework!!!!

you can see at least 3 journals with LED's sold by some sponsors, in progress right now.

Maybe consider KingJohnC or Light Addict , I know they discount, the newest LED panels

they are promoting in their current grows, for 420 members.

nothing against the lights you mentioned, I'm not sure I've seen them in a current 420 grow.

LMK if sara has a 420 journal????, I'd love to see as many lights in action, before I buy.:thanks:

I plan on getting a panel in late fall, the journal harvests & progress speed

will tell me a lot about what to expect, from what I buy.

I've known the 2 kings, for quite some time. just trying to help :goodluck:

here is some mars 2 1200 flower spec!!!!!
IMG_210712.JPG
IMG_210515.JPG

I've not seen anyone use the flower spectrum so I bought it as an experiment really. I would hope it gives better results but until I flip to 12/12 it's going to remain a mystery.
The downside of the flower spectrum is it can only be used in flower as it is just has reds, whites & IR's with no blues. If you are going to just get one light for one tent then the full spectrum is the obvious choice as you can use it throughout your grow from seed to harvest. It is a proven light with great results so I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to you & think it is a great choice. Since starting this journal I've spoken to someone who uses the flower spectrum & he said it gives great results but he doesn't have the full spectrum so he couldn't offer any comparison unfortunately.

I'm sorry I can't give you a full assessment on both lights but I hope what I've said helps you in some way :)

Nice one Mocha, thanks for sharing your pics. Do you have any other LED lights to compare them against? Can you give a little review to help manonthemoon make his choice? :)

when do you plan on switching to flower cycle? :thanks:

my apology if it is stated in pages behind, I tend to jump around as I skim, while looking at pictures.

You are going to have a beautiful fluxer skunny :bravo:

fyi: (found & posted damage from another caterpillar found gorging & boring, on my outdoor flux today)

Hi Trichomes, I recently soft topped the ends & some arms so I'm waiting for these to grow out & go vertical. I'm planning on 6" of vertical before the flip so I'd guesstimate about 3 weeks. This fluxing mullarkey is not for the impatient, that's for sure :rollingeyes:

I'll pop round to your yard & look at your nasty bugs, I wish I could offer you some advice but as an indoor gardener I have never suffered with any bugs

I bloody hope so Dusty, with the long veg period she should become a monster.

I'll do a picture update tomorrow with all 4 plants. The kids have had most of their fan leafs cut to encourage the branches to grow & the Toxic was soft topped last weekend. These three will be going in a scrog when I get my new flower room built. I'm planning on taking clones off the Toxic as she's a fantastic specimen & one of the Tangerine Dreams too. Neither of the Tangerines are brilliant (one is deformed) but the smoke might be amazing so I'd rather save one than regret it when it's too late :)

You need to keep tucking your growth underneath until it is around 3/4 full then flip to 12/12, your next 2 to 3 weeks of stretch will fill the rest. This is what I've picked up from following other grows & not from experience so an experienced scrog man such as CO Finest may be able to give you a bit more info but you'll be ok for now with what I've suggested :)

Doing my first scrog how high above the net should I go before fliping her to flower.

Dusty, a lot depends on the strain. The 3/4 full is a good rule of thumb. After you flip, as Skunny mentioned, you can continue to tuck for another week or a little more. Here is a picture of two plants - same strain in porta-scrogs about a week after going 12-12. The one on the left was not tucked at all after the flip, the one on the right continued to be fed under the screen. Both were plants were filling around 3/4 of the screen (or even a little more) when the light schedule was shortened.

menage.jpg

continue your incredible job mate :) it confirms your fluxer is gonna be tremendous. thanks for the details you gave to trichomes, i take for me too :ganjamon:

I like patience, as well skunny, my first flux started in December & was vegged 5-6 months, she was tortured, bent, snapped, amputated,

almost died, then about 3 weeks of recoverry after transplant, then FINALLY, allowed to start budding in May. (it keeps us busy, lol)

Patience is a fine virtue to have with our girls & it certainly pays off in the end with mucho bud :) :cheer:
Have you any pictures of yours in flower?

It's that time of the week when I treat you to a photo update :) I took a few pics earlier in the week when I bent the fan leafs on the 3 kids, these have been removed now as I got excited with my scissors & went a bit mad.

IMG_0010128.JPG
IMG_0009132.JPG
IMG_0012102.JPG
IMG_0011115.JPG
IMG_001498.JPG
IMG_0013102.JPG
IMG_0015107.JPG
IMG_001693.JPG

Here's tonights group shot & lots of pics of the flux. believe it or not the flux had a defol yesterday but today it looks no different :/
The new shoots where I soft topped are coming along nicely so the next phase is to let her go vertical :)

IMG_0018103.JPG
IMG_001994.JPG
IMG_002183.JPG
IMG_002091.JPG
IMG_002279.JPG
IMG_002378.JPG
IMG_002583.JPG
IMG_002474.JPG
IMG_002778.JPG
IMG_002667.JPG

Here's the kids, the two Tangerine dreams are typical of Barneys Farm seeds with deformed growth. I usually say you get what you pay for but these are the last seeds I'll be buying from Barneys as for the price you would expect a decent pedigree. If these have come from the cannabis cup winning mother, I'll eat my own scrotum.
The Ripper Toxic has been soft topped & she's doing well apart from one side growing faster than the other

IMG_002869.JPG
IMG_002966.JPG
IMG_003261.JPG
IMG_003162.JPG
IMG_003069.JPG
IMG_003361.JPG
IMG_003461.JPG
IMG_003554.JPG
IMG_003657.JPG
IMG_003754.JPG

These three will be going into a scrog in the future & I'll be taking a clone off each strain, just in case the smoke is amazing :)

That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed my update so keep it green & enjoy your weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom