SmokeyMcFly's First Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush - Haze - BlueBerry - LED Mars II

Re: SmokeyMcFly's first Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush, Haze, BlueBerry - LED MarsII

Thanks I spent a good week solid reading grow and smoke reports of so many strains looking for the right one. Some of the others I wanted like Girl Scout Cookies or Blue Dream you can't get the real deal in seed form. In the end I am glad I could't get those because I got something I probably wont find on my local dispensary's menu and they sound super delicious!

Since I can't flower out a 10 pack at once and pick the best one to keep I had to go with something that had good keeper phenos no matter what you ended up with and they all sound fantastic on this one.

Sounds great! If I have room in the future to grow a regular strain, I might have to try this one. I look forward to seeing it flower out. I've been pretty impressed with the TGA strain I have ( after my initial problems germinating ), so I look forward to seeing what the genetics look like.

Re: SmokeyMcFly's first Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush, Haze, BlueBerry - LED MarsII

Happy Weednsday Smokey :thumb:

I am interested in this strain now, too, after reading that description. Pink flowers! :thedoubletake: And yummy flavors to boot.... I'm excited about watching them grow. :yummy:

I've read a bunch about storing seeds and have decided on the fridge. I keep my seeds in the tiny bag they came in and fill it up with rice. I put all my tiny bags in a larger baggie and fill that with rice. That goes in a tupperware container, which, you guessed it... I fill with rice. Then I put the lid on it and it goes in the veggie drawer... which I fill with rice. Okok, joking on that part. :laughtwo: I do turn the humidity all the way down in the drawer though. I probably go overboard with the rice, but I've read that you want to keep them as dry as possible.

If you haven't already check out BID and IceMud's LED grow journals, they both have a lot more LED experience than I do but glad to have you here! The MarsII is the only LED I have ever used, before I used 1k watt HPS and T5s but I did an obscene amount of research on LED before buying it. The amount of proven results combined with the great price and customer service reports sold me and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! GL to you!

thanks for the advise, ill check out BIDS and ICEMUDS threads!

im subbed for this ride so happy growing and great choice with the plushberry i love TGA...jillybean is my personal FAV so far ive grown from him

Happy Weednsday Smokey :thumb:
Thanks Cronic! Happy Friday-Eve Brotha

I am interested in this strain now, too, after reading that description. Pink flowers! :thedoubletake: And yummy flavors to boot.... I'm excited about watching them grow. :yummy:

I've read a bunch about storing seeds and have decided on the fridge. I keep my seeds in the tiny bag they came in and fill it up with rice. I put all my tiny bags in a larger baggie and fill that with rice. That goes in a tupperware container, which, you guessed it... I fill with rice. Then I put the lid on it and it goes in the veggie drawer... which I fill with rice. Okok, joking on that part. :laughtwo: I do turn the humidity all the way down in the drawer though. I probably go overboard with the rice, but I've read that you want to keep them as dry as possible.

From what I have read there are three main phenos that you are likely to get. There is one that get some purple one that gets pink and one that stays green. The one that stays green is mostly space queen so I am hoping to get one of those along with either a pink or purple. They are all supposed to taste and smell great. When I was researching them I found pictures of pink hash someone made from the pink pheno, it looked incredible.

Nice thanks. The rice sounds like a great idea, I will try that. I also have some oxygen and moisture removing packs from my scripts that I could put in with them too. Although not sure if no oxygen would actually be good for them. Might be good to put in bud jars that have finished curing though.

thanks for the advise, ill check out BIDS and ICEMUDS threads!

im subbed for this ride so happy growing and great choice with the plushberry i love TGA...jillybean is my personal FAV so far ive grown from him

Jillybean looks fantastic too. I have room for 2 maybe 3 moms in my plant limit and I would love to have another one of his strains to go with the plushberrys, they all look so good. I really need one of my long term moms to be good at muscle relaxation and pain relief, I was also looking at his pennywise, ace of spades, and ripped bubba but they all look sooooo good lol. I have a feeling I am going to end up with 2 diff keeper phenos out of this pack though just because I have such a limited amount of mothers I can keep. If I had unlimited amounts I would prolly go for ever just trying to find one keeper lol.

The thermometer is reading 78 degrees in the germ tray this morning. They should be cooking away :D

Question
Anyone have any idea about how old they will be before I can sex them?

Jillybean looks fantastic too. I have room for 2 maybe 3 moms in my plant limit and I would love to have another one of his strains to go with the plushberrys, they all look so good. I really need one of my long term moms to be good at muscle relaxation and pain relief, I was also looking at his pennywise, ace of spades, and ripped bubba but they all look sooooo good lol. I have a feeling I am going to end up with 2 diff keeper phenos out of this pack though just because I have such a limited amount of mothers I can keep. If I had unlimited amounts I would prolly go for ever just trying to find one keeper lol.

The thermometer is reading 78 degrees in the germ tray this morning. They should be cooking away :D

Question
Anyone have any idea about how old they will be before I can sex them?

you can sex them straight from seed but may take 3 weeks to show sex because it must mature a bit first, but i would go with at least 5-7 nodes if you are looking to get sex in the 7-10 day range that is "normal" just my .02$

and as for having to keep plant count down an maximizing strain count i would def take a serious look into "GRAFTING".
here is link to youtube with exactly what im talking about...enjoy:

you can sex them straight from seed but may take 3 weeks to show sex because it must mature a bit first, but i would go with at least 5-7 nodes if you are looking to get sex in the 7-10 day range that is "normal" just my .02$

and as for having to keep plant count down an maximizing strain count i would def take a serious look into "GRAFTING".
here is link to youtube with exactly what im talking about...enjoy:

Grow a lot you just made my frickin year man, have some reps! I know about grafting but I never ever thought about it for MJ. I am totally going to do this. I might have to rethink my mom tent a little bit and plan it around 1 bigger rainbow strain mom. The thought of having one plant with all three plushberry phenos on it plus whatever else makes me very happy in the pants! Sure would be a kick in the balls to loose a plant that took years to piece together though lol.

Stay tuned update on its way. My exhaust system showed up today and I just got finished hooking it all up.

Edit I was so excited about the grafting that I forgot about the sexing lol. I don't think I fully understand what sexing the plant means. I was thinking it meant that it was old enough to see if it was male or female. I would like to know before I flip them if possible.

G'day mcfly, sounds good a grafted mum, wonder how long you could keep her going for? Do the problem trait combine with the problem trait of the mother (original plant that holds the grafts?) you would want to be keyed into each plant before grafting I would think. Peace man

I installed the exhaust fan and filter tonight along with a small fan to blow on the girls. I am getting a little bit to much negative pressure atm unless I leave one of the spare 10" ports all the way open. I might have to get a small input fan not sure yet. 2 6" vents might be enough air so im gonna try that before going with another fan. Its nice to be able to actually close up the tent and hopefully it will keep me out of there a little more and they can do there thing. I ran the exhaust to behind my door and flattened it out on the end. This way it hides behind the door but can still blow through the crack and out of the room at least some. Temps seem to be staying at 78-79 not a noticeable difference. Humidity is holding at 50% as long as I keep my humidifier cranking. It is very very dry here.

A couple of the babies in my cups are not looking that great. They are a few inches closer to the light and not sure if its that or if they are unhappy with the water. I might of messed up the ph one of the times i watered them not sure. They are very dull looking and one has a slight pattern developing on it. Here are some pics of them, let me know what you think. Its hard to see in the pictures but the top one has lighter lines with darker spots between them. The second one down the inner most part of the leaves are lighter green then the rest and they are dull looking compared to the others.

IMAG024323.jpg
IMAG024417.jpg
IMAG025014.jpg
IMAG024921.jpg
IMAG024617.jpg
IMAG025116.jpg

Thanks for looking

I don't think I fully understand what sexing the plant means. I was thinking it meant that it was old enough to see if it was male or female. I would like to know before I flip them if possible.

If you're talking about photoperiod plants on an 18/6 veg schedule it will probably be about 5-6 weeks to really clearly sex them, which is basically just waiting for their boy/girl bits to pop out between new nodal growth and stipules. Both of my current plants showed pistils at 6 and 6.5 weeks.

Sometimes you can tell earlier, but not very often unless you are using a 12/12 light schedule. Of course, by doing this you sacrifice veg time and therefore plant size and yield.

Edit: I see what you mean about the first plant . It looks a little dull, but not bad overall. I can't really tell what's going on with it though. I think the second one looks fine. I would see if moving them away from the light changes anything. I've read that LEDs can be harsh on small plants if they're too close. That's not coming from experience though, so I can't vouch.

If you're talking about photoperiod plants on an 18/6 veg schedule it will probably be about 5-6 weeks to really clearly sex them, which is basically just waiting for their boy/girl bits to pop out between new nodal growth and stipules. Both of my current plants showed pistils at 6 and 6.5 weeks.

Sometimes you can tell earlier, but not very often unless you are using a 12/12 light schedule. Of course, by doing this you sacrifice veg time and therefore plant size and yield.

Edit: I see what you mean about the first plant . It looks a little dull, but not bad overall. I can't really tell what's going on with it though. I think the second one looks fine. I would see if moving them away from the light changes anything. I've read that LEDs can be harsh on small plants if they're too close. That's not coming from experience though, so I can't vouch.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. I will have between 2-3 months for the autos to finish before I can flower the plushberries so 2 months including germ to determine sex is just about perfect. I agree with you if anything I think its the lights bothering them. I have the cups sitting on top of the big pots so those three are closer to the light by 4-5 inches and I think thats enough. I also just read that a lot of autos are sensitive to light and don't need super high powered light and the marsII are no joke. I think I am going to pull the light up another couple inches if they are that sensitive so I don't stunt the ones in the big pots that I actually care about. The ones in the cups are my Guinea pigs for now since they are going to get culled out in another week or so anyway.

Thanks!

Edit, Just raised the light 5", its at 47" now. At 42" there was zero signs of stretch or bleach but they might of been growing slower than necessary from too much light. Hopefully this kicks them in gear!

Also I forgot to mention, the first plant in the pics that looks the worst was directly under the light. The other one that doesn't look as bad was off to the far side.

I agree with Dres. I was going to say about 6 weeks. That's almost exactly when I saw the pistils on Penny 1.

Nice new tent. New setup looks good. Have fun and you will really be loving things in another 2 to 3 weeks!

I agree with Dres. I was going to say about 6 weeks. That's almost exactly when I saw the pistils on Penny 1.

Nice new tent. New setup looks good. Have fun and you will really be loving things in another 2 to 3 weeks!

Thanks CM, it sure is nice to have the stuff off the closet floor.

looks so shiney
Happy Thurweed day Smokey :thumb:

Grow a lot you just made my frickin year man, have some reps! I know about grafting but I never ever thought about it for MJ. I am totally going to do this. I might have to rethink my mom tent a little bit and plan it around 1 bigger rainbow strain mom. The thought of having one plant with all three plushberry phenos on it plus whatever else makes me very happy in the pants! Sure would be a kick in the balls to loose a plant that took years to piece together though lol.

Stay tuned update on its way. My exhaust system showed up today and I just got finished hooking it all up.

Edit I was so excited about the grafting that I forgot about the sexing lol. I don't think I fully understand what sexing the plant means. I was thinking it meant that it was old enough to see if it was male or female. I would like to know before I flip them if possible.

Thanks for the +rep very appreciated, i love grafting and as for the host plant you def dont wanna be using any plants they have any issues to begin with, always recommend healthy host and clones :peace:

sorry for the confusion by sexing them i just mean putting them under 12/12 lighting and waiting to see if you get a male or female

yep in the fridge in a dark container with something to help with the moisture like rice

Sweet thanks guys.

Small update - First Ferts.

I watered all except the AK tonight with 1/9 strength iguana juice. It calls for 4ml per liter and I used 4ml for 9 liters of water. The AK wasn't dried all the way out yet and could use another day before she gets watered. I figured since the pro-mix doesn't have anything in it that the diluted shot wouldn't hurt them. Hopefully I didn't eff-em-up.

Sweeet 100th post :cheer:

We have life :yahoo:

Both Plushberry seeds germinated and are pushing the soil up and are about to pop through. Lets hope at least one of them is a lady. I also transplanted the other Candy Kush into an air pot since it is out growing the other one so far. This way when they hit flower I can pick which one I wanna finish.

No negative effects from the iguana juice yet although I assume it would take longer than this to show if there was a problem. The AK is still not quite dried out yet so I am going to wait till tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom