Smokiemcpot's Perpetual Pot Plant Paradise

When would you top the 2 bigger ladies
I don't top my autos, I run LST on them
I'll be adding more co2 this week.
CO2 won't help your plants unless you are running over 1000 PPFD, at which point you will need to increase the heat and the nutrients. And I've never seen anyone run CO2 this early. Usually it's run in a flower tent because running 1000 PPFD is way more than vegging plants need to grow well. Just a waste of electricity.

I don't top my autos, I run LST on them

CO2 won't help your plants unless you are running over 1000 PPFD, at which point you will need to increase the heat and the nutrients. And I've never seen anyone run CO2 this early. Usually it's run in a flower tent because running 1000 PPFD is way more than vegging plants need to grow well. Just a waste of electricity.
From everything I've read co2 is good for plant growth at every stage of life! Natural ppm of co2 is arround 4-500 ppm in the air, raising that to 8-900 ppm can increase growth rates up to 30%
I've never read anything suggesting needing to raise temps to make co2 viable? I've read that if you are running co2 plants can live in higher temps without hurting them...
I'm not saying anyone is wrong I'm simply spitting out the info ive read from multiple sites and sources! And I already have some co2 in my tent from those co2 bags they sell called the exhale co2 I was thinking about switching to the tnb naturals co2 cannisters, no electricity needed.

When would you top the 2 bigger ladies @farside05 @InTheShed @Emilya @Buds Buddy @Old Salt ? This is day 16/17 depends how you count them. I'm thinking probably by day 20? Should have atleast 4 nodes by then.

I'll top my autos around day 19-21 and bowl train once the new growth comes up through the canopy. On the big Blue Dream I just harvested, it ended up being topped just past the 5th node.

1562611103717933202598.jpg

I'm going to top 2 of the more matured plants and lst the runts! Gotta see what method works best in my setup.

And guys by no means am I claiming to know fuck all I just research lots and lots on anything I'm into and I'm relaying the info ive read in black and white :)

I appreciate you boys and girls sticking arround to watch me hopefully not kill plants though ;)

I meant the electricity needed to get to 1000 PPFD, not for the CO2. Sorry!

Do you know how many lux you have at the canopy?
Yeah I bought the same lux meter farside has!
I tested it at the manufacturer recommended 30in over the canopy and I was at 24k lux. I brought my light down to get to 30k but ran out of cord and didn't feel like making a trip to the store :/
Only problem I noticed was my biggest plant started to get Early signs of heat and light stress but temps don't go over 81 degrees? So I raised to 30in again and will let them grow Into them!

My node spacing is rediculously close!! I'd like them to get taller then the pots lol! I should of added more coco.

I'm going to top 2 of the more matured plants and lst the runts! Gotta see what method works best in my setup.

And guys by no means am I claiming to know fuck all I just research lots and lots on anything I'm into and I'm relaying the info ive read in black and white :)

I appreciate you boys and girls sticking arround to watch me hopefully not kill plants though ;)

I've never done any reading or research on CO2 to lend an opinion. Hell, the extent of my environmental controls is when I decide to run my lights and weather to vent to the attic (9 months out of the year) or run the filter as a scrubber during the coldest months to try to keep things above 65 degrees. I don't do anything about humidity. I guess if I ever decided to get more technical I'd start with those things before I got to CO2.

Just trying to save you some money here, not change your growing style!

At 30,000 lux you're probably around 450 PPFD, so below the CO2 limited growth area. According to the manufacturer, at 30" your light maxes out at 487 PPFD dead center and drops off from there, so CO2 is not beneficial yet as you can see from the chart below:
CO2 chart.JPG

The recommendation is for upping the CO2 when your plants are getting greater than 500 PPFD, which comes toward the end of veg and into flower.

Chart source here. It's an interesting read!

You remember the Coffee Talk skits that Mike Meyers used to do on SNL?

Here's your topic: We try to get more oxygen to the roots so we do things like fabric pots, DWC, hempy, soil ammendments, and then we introduce CO2 to the tent. Doesn't that seem counter productive? Discuss.

@farside05 knows more of the ins and outs of lux at each stage of growth, so I'll let him answer that part.

If the points are curling up it could be a sign of light burn, or low humidity. The yellowing could be the beginnings of a mag deficiency, but I wouldn't do anything about it yet and see if it gets any worse.
Someone else told me cal mag def also so i upped my calmag to 2.5ml ea gallon

Under a nice bright LED like that you could probably go higher. What's the manufacturer's recommendation on that?

My cal-mag+ (Botanicare) was 5ml/gal but I would go as high as 8 for some plants. Now I'm using MegaCrop with no deficiencies that aren't handled by upping the grams/gallon.

Also, are you using tap water or something else?

Under a nice bright LED like that you could probably go higher. What's the manufacturer's recommendation on that?

My cal-mag+ (Botanicare) was 5ml/gal but I would go as high as 8 for some plants. Now I'm using MegaCrop with no deficiencies that aren't handled by upping the grams/gallon.

Also, are you using tap water or something else?
Im using distilled water so 0 ppm and ec or super filtered water at 10 ppm

Back
Top Bottom