Smokiemcpot's Perpetual Pot Plant Paradise

I'm getting some droop action after his feeding water, I'd say overwatering but thought that was impossible in coco?
@Barney86 @farside05 @InTheShed

I use 70% coco / 30% perlite, but mix up my own using Canna Coco Bricks. I also use General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. This is my feed chart:

full

Since I generated this chart, I've increased the CALiMAGic to 1.75ml / US gal. I'm also adding 0.34 Armor Si during the aggressive vegetative stage, and 0.5ml / US gal during transition through bloom and ripening. This is my first grow with the Armor Si.

My plants are in 3.8 US gal caged grow bags. Two plants in aggressive veg stage are getting three cups of the nutrient solution three times per day. The three plants in transition are getting two cups twice a day. There is a difference in temperature and humidity between the two tents, which explains the difference. I get 10-20% run off at each watering. You can check my current journal to see the results.

Does It look like this?
2019070895183614.jpg
201907089518352895HDR.jpg
201907089518335295HDR.jpg

My lights at under 30k lux to canopy though.

My light stress looked looked more mottled. There's an example of what I deemed light stress HERE.

I use 70% coco / 30% perlite, but mix up my own using Canna Coco Bricks. I also use General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. This is my feed chart:

full

Since I generated this chart, I've increased the CALiMAGic to 1.75ml / US gal. I'm also adding 0.34 Armor Si during the aggressive vegetative stage, and 0.5ml / US gal during transition through bloom and ripening. This is my first grow with the Armor Si.

My plants are in 3.8 US gal caged grow bags. Two plants in aggressive veg stage are getting three cups of the nutrient solution three times per day. The three plants in transition are getting two cups twice a day. There is a difference in temperature and humidity between the two tents, which explains the difference. I get 10-20% run off at each watering. You can check my current journal to see the results.
Definitely appreciate this feed chart! Also interested in knowing what your water test at and where you keep your pH levels between?
I'm kinda lost a little from looking at the Chart though, is that 0.3 of rapid start in mild veg .3 ml per gallon? All increments are per gallon based on plant stage? And I have liquid Kool bloom and diamond nectar and only used a small ammont of the nectar and no Kool bloom yet but you would at my stage? And are mine considered mild or aggressive veg at almost 20 days from seed?
Thanks again everyone for keeping me informed and learning daily!

What water are you using Old Salt? I remember Penny saying he went to RO and switched back to tap after finding it difficult to get the cal-mal dialed in with 0 PPM water. If Penny has trouble, what chance do mere mortals have? :)

I use with tap water with my nutes and my plants love me!

Definitely appreciate this feed chart! Also interested in knowing what your water test at and where you keep your pH levels between?

The water is from my RO, with a TDS of roughly 10 PPM. I keep my pH at 5.8 until the transition where I raise it to 6.0. During flower I keep it at 6.2, dropping back to 5.8 for the flush. I use the flush to start preparing the coco for the next grow.

The water is from my RO, with a TDS of roughly 10 PPM. I keep my pH at 5.8 until the transition where I raise it to 6.0. During flower I keep it at 6.2, dropping back to 5.8 for the flush. I use the flush to start preparing the coco for the next grow.
Ok cool sounds good so the last question, all those numbers are in ml per gallon right? Sorry my little army brain is struggling today lol.
For example it says rapid start at 0.3 so I'm assuming 0.3 ml per gallon?

Also maybe that's why I got some burn In the plants, I've been hitting them with the other feeds at 2ml grow, 2ml micro, 1ml bloom, 2ml calmag, 1 ml diamond nectar, 1ml armor si, and a couple drops of rapid stsrt and then phing to 5.6-6.0 and feeding till run off.

Also am I in mild or aggressive veg atm? And what's your ppm and ec roughly for the level of feed my plants should be getting.

Ok cool sounds good so the last question, all those numbers are in ml per gallon right? Sorry my little army brain is struggling today lol.
For example it says rapid start at 0.3 so I'm assuming 0.3 ml per gallon?

Also maybe that's why I got some burn In the plants, I've been hitting them with the other feeds at 2ml grow, 2ml micro, 1ml bloom, 2ml calmag, 1 ml diamond nectar, 1ml armor si, and a couple drops of rapid stsrt and then phing to 5.6-6.0 and feeding till run off.

Also am I in mild or aggressive veg atm? And what's your ppm and ec roughly for the level of feed my plants should be getting.

Yes. everything on this chart is in ml or gm per US gal. I don't measure or worry about TDS/EC for drain to waste systems. TDS/EC is used in other types of hydroponic systems where the run off is re-used. In those systems that measurement is used to bring the nutrient solutions back to what it was when first mixed.

You should be in aggressive vegetation by now. The timing is about:
  • three weeks from seed or cutting for cutting/seedling;
  • two weeks for mild vegetation;
  • until the plants reach 1/3 final height for sativas, or 1/2 final height for indicas; for aggressive vegetation
  • from the start of 12/12 lighting until the first flowers appear for transition;
  • if you flush:
    • 1/2 the breeder's flowering time for bloom and ripen
    • 1/2 the breeder's flowering time - seven days for final ripening
    • seven days for the flush
  • else:
    • 2/3 the breeder's flowering time for bloom and ripen
    • 1/3 the breeder's flowering time for final ripening
I only use germination/clone for a day or two until the seeds germinate, or I'm ready to use the cuttings. The flowering timing is for a first run of a strain. That is adjusted when you know how long the it actually takes from the time the first flowers appear until harvest. Final ripening should be 2 - 4 weeks.

This chart is for folks using US gal. I work in liters, and measure everything. The water is weighed to indirectly measure volume (1l = 1Kg). The liquid nutrients are measured with oral syringes, and the dry nutrients with a scale.

full

Indirectly Measuring Water Volume

full

Nutrients Ready Use Tray

Yes. everything on this chart is in ml or gm per US gal. I don't measure or worry about TDS/EC for drain to waste systems. TDS/EC is used in other types of hydroponic systems where the run off is re-used. In those systems that measurement is used to bring the nutrient solutions back to what it was when first mixed.

You should be in aggressive vegetation by now. The timing is about:
  • three weeks from seed or cutting for cutting/seedling;
  • two weeks for mild vegetation;
  • until the plants reach 1/3 final height for sativas, or 1/2 final height for indicas; for aggressive vegetation
  • from the start of 12/12 lighting until the first flowers appear for transition;
  • if you flush:
    • 1/2 the breeder's flowering time for bloom and ripen
    • 1/2 the breeder's flowering time - seven days for final ripening
    • seven days for the flush
  • else:
    • 2/3 the breeder's flowering time for bloom and ripen
    • 1/3 the breeder's flowering time for final ripening
I only use germination/clone for a day or two until the seeds germinate, or I'm ready to use the cuttings. The flowering timing is for a first run of a strain. That is adjusted when you know how long the it actually takes from the time the first flowers appear until harvest. Final ripening should be 2 - 4 weeks.

This chart is for folks using US gal. I work in liters, and measure everything. The water is weighed to indirectly measure volume (1l = 1Kg). The liquid nutrients are measured with oral syringes, and the dry nutrients with a scale.

full

Indirectly Measuring Water Volume

full

Nutrients Ready Use Tray
Your the fucking man brother thanks for breaking it down Barney style!
Does it matter I'm growing autos at 24 hours of light? I won't introduce 12/12 and autos are supposed to take lighter nutes then photos.

Your the fucking man brother thanks for breaking it down Barney style!
Does it matter I'm growing autos at 24 hours of light? I won't introduce 12/12 and autos are supposed to take lighter nutes then photos.

If you see signs of nutrient burn, back off to about 75% of these figures. I haven't grown autos. I'd give them the transition solution when I see the first pre-flowers, until the first flowers appear.

How about a line on the side of the bucket? Seems a lot less complicated.

BTW, I LOL'd at the WeHang scale!

A line is less complicated, and less accurate. I'm always ±10ml for the 18l batches I mix. If you fill to within ±1mm from an accurate hairline, you would be ±132ml. The scale is always there, so I may as well use it.

Back
Top Bottom