Smoky's Grow - 1st Timer - Need All The Advice I Can Get

I was already halfway through it when you responded haha. But one question. When should I spray water on the leaves? I haven't done that but once or twice and it's been a while ago

why would you ever want to spray water on the leaves? Roots take in water, not leaves. That would be like shining light on the roots... it doesn't make sense.

(putting on my kevlar suit to withstand the onslaughts from the foliar feeding club)

Not wanting to damage your kevlar... but I do incorporate a regular small foliar feed in my routine. In veg, I use a 1/8 tsp grow mix with a touch of epsom salt and milk as a spray mix to give everything a small touch. I use the same mix for my clones.
Having said all that, I'm addressing specific needs in my garden. I can easily see how others address similar issues differently.

2 cents delivered. Kevlar intact.

So, how do I actually check the ph of my soil. I'm literally checking the ph of the water I'm giving them right now. It is 6.7 with 157 ppm

So, how do I actually check the ph of my soil. I'm literally checking the ph of the water I'm giving them right now. It is 6.7 with 157 ppm
adjust it to 6.5 and you will be doing a good thing. 6.7 is almost out of the usable range.

Measuring soil pH is done several ways, most people try to use a probe. The problem is that the pH will be different in different areas of the container and at different periods of time. Usually a correct soil pH measurement is made by adding a small amount of soil to pH neutral water and seeing how much of a change it makes. It is never done by measuring run off.

It is never done by measuring run off.

Actually... it appears to be done by many. I've never really seen anything useful come from it really... but I still see folks do it often.
I tried it once in my hempy buckets.... once... and quickly discovered that nothing but madness lies there.
I mean... I guess measuring runoff has some function somewhere, but after a day or two on this site, I have no idea what or where.

Actually... it appears to be done by many. I've never really seen anything useful come from it really... but I still see folks do it often.
I tried it once in my hempy buckets.... once... and quickly discovered that nothing but madness lies there.
I mean... I guess measuring runoff has some function somewhere, but after a day or two on this site, I have no idea what or where.
Lots of people watch run off... I guess if it wildly swung in one direction or another it could indicate buildups in the soil and the need to flush, but other than that, it is simply a nuisance to me, and I use my turkey baster to suck it out of my drip pans and into the toilet.

They are everywhere. Just I didn't expect them to get so long. Lol. So what happens? Where will the actual buds be starting? And don't the buds basically grow around everything? Leaves limbs and all?

that bit there where the pistils are coming out of, it will get bigger and bigger... that is your bud, the pistils are the flower. Each bud becomes its own little cluster. If you do real well, all the clusters below the top one will eventually merge together into one large cola. Some of mine have merged with those above them more than a foot below the top bud, and all those individual nugs now combine to make one huge arm length bud.
DSCF51302.JPG

Back
Top Bottom