SmokzAlot - K.I.S.S. My CoCo and OC+

Couldn't resist, I pushed the 4 front runners into 12/12 today. They are beginning to show pre flower. Not able to tell them apart just yet, for sure. These are some of the best looking plants I have grown with little effort to this point. The others will veg a bit longer.

So I made some room and squeezed them in.
IMG_062210.JPG

so fresh and healthy looking! def some happy plants right there..

Thanks to all for stopping in and sharing some time. Nice to share when we can in this somewhat solitary endeavor. I assume most of us are not commercial growers. So that means yes I tend my garden alone. It is a wonderful place of solace and contemplation. Ones perception of time changes whilst in the garden as well. Should we mention it also helps generate patience and respect for time as we watch and tend our gardens. Appreciating each days growth.

In a Word..... :peace:

:thanks:

3 Males Down!

Well this morning's reveal was 3 out of the 4 moved to 12/12 showed male. Chop chop... Sorry to see those hardy plants go. Such is life in seed city. I moved 3 replacements in to maintain the ranks. Surging forward in the ride.

Once the coco dries I will assess it's reuse. Any veteran advice concerning reuse is welcome, as this is my first run with coco.

The new replacements for the flower room are looking good. Should be able to sex them very soon. The others showed in about 3 days. they were starting to preflower prior to placement.

On a separate dance card but same ball room, is a couple of clones I took from my last grow. I am raising them in coco and OC+ as well. Talk about a clone throwing some strange leaves.
IMG_06239.JPG

The other is progressing as well.
IMG_06249.JPG

During this grow so far here is the entire line up of support products that have been used.
IMG_06275.JPG

Updates:

Down to 2 females. One is a runt and still under veg. One lonely female in coco is flowering wonderfully. I'll get some pics up of its progress. I took 4 cuttings 12 days ago from this female and they have all rooted. I will transplant to coco soon and continue this OC+ run in coco. I also am continuing to prune my two clones from a previous grow. They are also in the OC+ circle of care with 100% coco. So far all is well.

The march of the CLONES....

First the mother...
IMG_06448.JPG

Don't she look healthy? I just had to take some cuttings she looks so promising.
100% rooted
IMG_064310.JPG

Twelve days in rockwool and the dome. Lets get them girls into a soft bed of coco and tuck them in with some OC+.
IMG_06466.JPG

Now just add water, I love it!

Here are the sativa clones I have been working. Looks like a possible mother as well. Not sure what I want to do, they are a slow growing strain.
IMG_064010.JPG

IMG_06418.JPG

That leaves me with one female from the original start. She is slow but she looks fine.
IMG_06428.JPG

I want to ad an important note. I am hand cleaning and reusing my coco. Yes there is residual OC+ in the mix. I used the old as a base of maybe 75% and topped it off with fresh and approx. 1 1/2 tablespoons of OC+. Cleaning the coco seemed easy enough at this point. Keep in mind none of this coco has been through a full cycle yet so it wasn't a solid root ball. Speaking of root development, it looked very nice with a fine network within the substrate. They were without doubt still able to handle more growth to end of cycle. It was quite easy to just run my hands through the coco letting the coco spill between my fingers. The root masses would not. A few quick passes and I felt it was ready. I am considering adding an enzyme to help consume the root matter left behind. My K.I.S.S. approach tends to say let them tell me what they need, keep it simple.

Please Don't :morenutes: the Cannabis
It has OC+ :thumb:

Pardon my novice but I have no clue what OC+ is. What is it cause I got to get my hands on some before i start my ladies. Thanks. Also I subbed and am watching the girls grow

Pardon my novice but I have no clue what OC+ is. What is it cause I got to get my hands on some before i start my ladies. Thanks. Also I subbed and am watching the girls grow

Thanks for stopping by. Osmocote Plus is what we refer to. It is a controlled release fertilizer that has a bit of a track record here. Do some searching in the journals and you will learn from others as I have about OC+.

I suggest you start here:
Osmocote plus plant food and Cannabis

Thank you smokz I do appreciate the speedy response and I'll start the research soon. I plan on starting some bagseeds to get a feel for the plan.before i work real genetics. I'll be back to chrck out the progress. Stay lifted my friend!

I am with you there. What I am growing here is all Free hand selected bag_seed. I am finding what appears to be genes good for my grow. Mostly Indica I would say and a Sativa or two. I do prefer the Indica for indoor harvests. So I have clones now of that beautiful mother that is in flower. My fingers are crossed. Always something new to learn.

Today in the GrowRoom

IMG_065711.JPG

The newly arrived girls look good.
IMG_065611.JPG

As for the cloned sativa twins, they have been raised on nothing but OC+ and coco. Growth has been fantastic which looks to be the norm. In the next two weeks I may decide to take a few cuttings off them. Now... Off to the Flower Room with you....

Clone candidate...front row seat #1
IMG_06538.JPG

Clone candidate...front row seat #2
IMG_06549.JPG

And let us not forget
Mother...second row seat #4
IMG_065213.JPG

Osmocote Plus still pushing for the finish...

Hey smokz hope all is well. Checked out my local shop and they had two types of OC+ one was for veggies the other for indoor house plants. Which would you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom