Soil - Hydro - 2400w Led - 2000w HPS - 8 Strains - 1 GPW+

Re: Blue Planet Nutrients-Soil-Hydro-2400w Led-2000w Hps-8 Strains-1 GPW+

look forward to the weight comparison!!

im as interested as anyone.. i am attracted by the very things that attracted you to LED's bro.. protection from the eviel eye in the sky re heat signatures and heated vents etc .. everything else is a sweet bonus i reckon. i have heard feedback on the contrary though, brother s1ingblade didnt have a very good experience with his LED's so im really wanting to research this as much as i can b4 investing.
cheers dude :Namaste:

its definetly not as easy as switching out the lights and voila!beatiful healthy plants bro, my first 2 grows with these lights were pretty much shit because there are alot of differences in what the plants like with them. Im a pretty stubborn guy so I didnt give up after the first 2 rounds and now it looks like im starting to figure them out. I feel I can get more out of them, it just takes time to dial it in imo. Eventually my new space will be all led, the tecnology is advancing in leaps and bounds so they will only get better...and hopefully cheaper.I want my new space to be completely sealed, no air coming in or going out at all, basically a styrofoam box.The safety of my family will always come first, if I need to go a little bigger to get the weight I want with led's then so be it. with a set up like Im describing the chances of getting pinched boil down to who you deal with not the grow getting discovered. I have 1 very close friend that takes all of it so once the new space is up and running the risk will be minimal:)

Hmmmm...this stuff is very interesting. first off I think I would be able to pull air from the attic for the lights if I used this, without condensation in the ductwork. second, could the eyes in the sky see a grow if this is applied on the floors walls and ceilings?
Energy Saving Products: ArmaFoil Demonstration - YouTube

Hmmmm...this stuff is very interesting. first off I think I would be able to pull air from the attic for the lights if I used this, without condensation in the ductwork. second, could the eyes in the sky see a grow if this is applied on the floors walls and ceilings?
Energy Saving Products: ArmaFoil Demonstration - YouTube

wont be picking up infared through that stuff. that could be a great cloaking device. :thumb:

:Namaste:

Hey Jon,

re the comparison... can you just compare the two rows on the end? You have too many variables to make the best comparisons, but that might be the most useful.

I'm envious of your single point of contact. I'm having trouble moving my product through my 1 guy. I may need to explore other outlets.

its definetly not as easy as switching out the lights and voila!beatiful healthy plants bro, my first 2 grows with these lights were pretty much shit because there are alot of differences in what the plants like with them. Im a pretty stubborn guy so I didnt give up after the first 2 rounds and now it looks like im starting to figure them out. I feel I can get more out of them, it just takes time to dial it in imo. Eventually my new space will be all led, the tecnology is advancing in leaps and bounds so they will only get better...and hopefully cheaper.I want my new space to be completely sealed, no air coming in or going out at all, basically a styrofoam box.The safety of my family will always come first, if I need to go a little bigger to get the weight I want with led's then so be it. with a set up like Im describing the chances of getting pinched boil down to who you deal with not the grow getting discovered. I have 1 very close friend that takes all of it so once the new space is up and running the risk will be minimal:)

yeah bro, the growing would have to be completely overhauled to suit the new lighting, for sure... ive been looking at a few things like transpiration and variations in intensity to try to get an idea of how best to approach it.. but journals like yours and ronnies and others provide invaluable information and i can see myself going that way at the very least to just set up a 2nd grow as a comparison, to see for my self and get it dialed in- as a starting point. im actually quite excited about it, even though ive been looking at LED's from a distance for some time.. not dissing them or embracing them.. just watching, im now more and more interested. thanks for the info dude! :Namaste:

that radiant barrier looks like some good stuff! im sure i use a similar flame retardant, building insulation- alluminium lined paper on my walls in my last grow... if its going to reduce loss of heat and vica versa.. and thus decrease heat signatures, its gotta be good :cheesygrinsmiley:

cool information! :thumb: :Namaste:

Just do your homework when your ready to buy some bro, theres alot of junk floating around out there. Pm me when your ready, I can point you in the right direction, Ive studied a few different brands, some are ok and some are very high quality, depends on how much you want to invest.I cant mention names here but the led's Nasa uses are about as good as it gets, but they cost close to a grand for a 120w fixture, doesnt sound like much for the money but they double the micromole output of another popular brands 300w fixture. I guess it also depends on what brands are available in your neck of the woods.I know customs down under are about the stricktest on the planet lol

drive by Jon, good weed to you and all that read this!

im trying to figure out the differences between the led side and the hps side this round. I dont have any plant numbers from last round but theres no comparison really most of the plants were sick last round bro. so how do I get acurate numbers from 6 plants under 2000w of hps and 6 plants under 2400w of led? theres 3 plants that get the overlap so they dont count. The problem is only 3 of the led plants are directly under the lights the other row is kind of in between the 2 rows of led's so I cant really just add all 6 hps against all 6 led it wouldnt be fair, so I was thinking use 3 from each side that are directly under the lights. gpw is pretty much impossible with the room the way it is, I would have to put up a wall in between the lights to get acurate numbers but at least we can compare plant for plant.....I think...does this even make sense lol...just burned a fatty:tokin:

Hey mate, beautiful photos. The colours in those buds are amazing.

I don't think it will be possible to get a 100% accurate comparison, but I reckon you'll be ale to get a pretty good indication of which one wins.
The easiest and probably the most accurate way would be average by plant. You've got three useful comparisons - hps, led & hps+led. Take the final weight of all the plants of the same strain/mother under the LEDs, the hps, and the ones that get both, and divide by the number of plants (under each light system).
The led side will be the most accurate figure because it will have the highest number of plants in the sample, so statistically the average will be closer to the true value than the led+hps plants where there are less of them. By including the maximum number of plants you can in each sample you'll help remove or 'iron out' some of the other variables that might make the yield different on one plant (position in the room for instance).

If you could be bothered to go to the trouble of weighing each plant separately and recording it as led, hps, or led+hps, and stick these values in a 3 column table in Excel you could run some quite easy calculations and stats and get a pretty good idea of the winner, and also be in a position to manipulate the data in other ways (eg. by sq ft etc)

Further to GN's post, let me offer you a tip if you want to do something that's easy and will provide meaningful data.

Jon, I know it can be a giant pain trying to record, label and keep everything separated through trimming, drying, etc, etc. Knowing that, here's how I might proceed:

1. For future reference, draw a diagram that shows each plant's location and give each plant a unique name (i.e. PK1, PK2, etc);
2. On that same diagram note the type of light it's receiving (i.e. PK1=100% LED / PK2=50% LED + 50% HPS/ etc);
3. When you harvest, cut each plant at the base and immediately weight it - the whole plant - and make note of this weight (i.e. PK1=2250 grams)
4. Make immediate use of this data to compare relative plant weights under various lighting. Sample calculation:

two (2) PK under 100% HPS = 1700 grams wet / avg = 850 grams wet per plant
three (3) PK under 100% LED = 2700 gram wet / avg = 900 grams wet per plant (cause I'm cheering for LED!)
:cheer:

Using this method, you'll be able to tell right away which plants had the most total mass, this should allow you to somewhat accurately predict relative final yield for each plant.

Now I realize that there may be some variations when things dry down. So once you have the wet weights, it is up to you whether you want to take it all the way and keep everything separated while trimming and drying to get some final, fully conclusive dry weight data.

However, if you don't want to be fucked with all that, and/or want some immediate data that'll be highly useful, then make sure you record the full-plant wet weights. Regardless of whether you go all the way and get dry-weight data or not, getting the whole plant wet weight and comparing that with your lighting/location diagram will give you some immediate and ~highly~ valuable data.

:tokin:

howdy Jon and Mrs Jon, a great weed to you all:)

Hey mate, beautiful photos. The colours in those buds are amazing.

I don't think it will be possible to get a 100% accurate comparison, but I reckon you'll be ale to get a pretty good indication of which one wins.
The easiest and probably the most accurate way would be average by plant. You've got three useful comparisons - hps, led & hps+led. Take the final weight of all the plants of the same strain/mother under the LEDs, the hps, and the ones that get both, and divide by the number of plants (under each light system).
The led side will be the most accurate figure because it will have the highest number of plants in the sample, so statistically the average will be closer to the true value than the led+hps plants where there are less of them. By including the maximum number of plants you can in each sample you'll help remove or 'iron out' some of the other variables that might make the yield different on one plant (position in the room for instance).

If you could be bothered to go to the trouble of weighing each plant separately and recording it as led, hps, or led+hps, and stick these values in a 3 column table in Excel you could run some quite easy calculations and stats and get a pretty good idea of the winner, and also be in a position to manipulate the data in other ways (eg. by sq ft etc)
Thanks GK, Ive been dropping the temps for the last few days so the colors are really starting to pop now.I dont have a program like excel but I ll record some numbers plant for plant and see what I come up with:)

Further to GN's post, let me offer you a tip if you want to do something that's easy and will provide meaningful data.

Jon, I know it can be a giant pain trying to record, label and keep everything separated through trimming, drying, etc, etc. Knowing that, here's how I might proceed:

1. For future reference, draw a diagram that shows each plant's location and give each plant a unique name (i.e. PK1, PK2, etc);
2. On that same diagram note the type of light it's receiving (i.e. PK1=100% LED / PK2=50% LED + 50% HPS/ etc);
3. When you harvest, cut each plant at the base and immediately weight it - the whole plant - and make note of this weight (i.e. PK1=2250 grams)
4. Make immediate use of this data to compare relative plant weights under various lighting. Sample calculation:

two (2) PK under 100% HPS = 1700 grams wet / avg = 850 grams wet per plant
three (3) PK under 100% LED = 2700 gram wet / avg = 900 grams wet per plant (cause I'm cheering for LED!)
:cheer:

Using this method, you'll be able to tell right away which plants had the most total mass, this should allow you to somewhat accurately predict relative final yield for each plant.

Now I realize that there may be some variations when things dry down. So once you have the wet weights, it is up to you whether you want to take it all the way and keep everything separated while trimming and drying to get some final, fully conclusive dry weight data.

However, if you don't want to be fucked with all that, and/or want some immediate data that'll be highly useful, then make sure you record the full-plant wet weights. Regardless of whether you go all the way and get dry-weight data or not, getting the whole plant wet weight and comparing that with your lighting/location diagram will give you some immediate and ~highly~ valuable data.

:tokin:
Thats a good idea Graham, I ll draw out a diagram tonight:)

The lower risk is most def. worth money to me. The other fact that it all goes in one chunk to one person is also worth something to me. Your doing it the right way Jon705, that's forsure. I was watching some videos last night about Canada's new BS laws that are possibly going to become reality? Is it really as bad as it sounds? Sure hope not. Lots of good dudes up North that I care about and would hate to hear of them getting into BS trouble. Jon your one of those dudes:)
Keep up the good work, stay as safe as possible and have a great upcoming week my brother

Back
Top Bottom