Soil Questions

I don't care what is in your soil or your nutes. It ain't an organic grow unless your microbes are feeding your plants, not you. As GeoFlora has proven, you can use nothing but totally inert coco, and still get an organic grow, because they supply the raw nutrient and microbes so the magic can still happen, even in a non organic environment.

That being said, I can have the most organic supersoil there ever was and all organic everything else, and if I feed it with synthetic GH nutes, there is nothing at all organic about the grow, no matter how many worm castings I throw in.

geo isn't approved here. you can't buy it. i'm always leary of "organics" when they can't get approval.
if the nute i'm using has approval geo should have far fewer problems getting it.

geo isn't approved here. you can't buy it. i'm always leary of "organics" when they can't get approval.
if the nute i'm using has approval geo should have far fewer problems getting it.
Hmmm well someone on here recommended it. I figured id try it. At least its more natural than the BS nute system I have been using lol.

Hmmm well someone on here recommended it. I figured id try it. At least its more natural than the BS nute system I have been using lol.

do a quick search through the journals. there's a pile of folk who have had fantastic grows on it. have a look at what they did.

Can you guys get Dr earth? It's basically the same system

i've literally seen that brand in big box stores here. not cannabis specific but they have a presence. nothing at our local hydro shops though.

I don't care what is in your soil or your nutes. It ain't an organic grow unless your microbes are feeding your plants, not you. As GeoFlora has proven, you can use nothing but totally inert coco, and still get an organic grow, because they supply the raw nutrient and microbes so the magic can still happen, even in a non organic environment.

It’s pretty simple to go organic, especially now. Unfortunately big NPK has really warped people’s understanding of how plants grow so this is a misunderstood concept. This is why organic acid based nutrient systems that fly OMRI make people feel like they’re organic. It’s just a synthetic mindset with organic acids, you’re still forcing the plant to your will.

That being said, I can have the most organic supersoil there ever was and all organic everything else, and if I feed it with synthetic GH nutes, there is nothing at all organic about the grow, no matter how many worm castings I throw in.

Yikes that’s an expensive mistake.

I think folks should understand the soil food web and how it works before venturing into organics as not to get frustrated and to get an better understanding of it all your containers become they're own ecosystem.
A good read for the beginning but it's a 3 book Library every one is worth the $! I'm ALL for anyone who wants to do organic and I'll help in any way that I can to help someone achieve that 👍

IMG_20230613_154329.jpg

Can you guys get Dr earth? It's basically the same system
I read your product review of GeoFlora. It was informative and you seemed to give it a favorable review. Yet it seems like a few people on here do not like it lol im confused. And to the other comments, I udnerstand it isnt "truly organic". I guess my point in all this was just to get away from using General Hydro/Monsanto crap and try something with more natural ingredients and not loaded with salts. I dont intend on getting it certified organic, its just for me and my wifey, so that she doesnt taste chems in her vape :) But i do understand everyones point of views :) Cheers!

I read your product review of GeoFlora. It was informative and you seemed to give it a favorable review. Yet it seems like a few people on here do not like it lol im confused. And to the other comments, I udnerstand it isnt "truly organic". I guess my point in all this was just to get away from using General Hydro/Monsanto crap and try something with more natural ingredients and not loaded with salts. I dont intend on getting it certified organic, its just for me and my wifey, so that she doesnt taste chems in her vape :) But i do understand everyones point of views :) Cheers!
Cooll beans ! you'll get your own system going just research and it doesn't need to be certified to be organic just make sure you have a reliable and trustworthy source for your inputs and you'll be 👍 good luck and hang with it!!

I read your product review of GeoFlora. It was informative and you seemed to give it a favorable review. Yet it seems like a few people on here do not like it lol im confused.

only thing i don't like was the lack of availability.

And to the other comments, I udnerstand it isnt "truly organic". I guess my point in all this was just to get away from using General Hydro/Monsanto crap and try something with more natural ingredients and not loaded with salts.

it's a good idea. even if you use bottle nutes you should dispose of the runoff in the garden and not down the drain.

its just for me and my wifey, so that she doesnt taste chems in her vape

that's a different issue. good chance it has far more to do with the cure process.

I don't understand why people are saying Geoflora isn't truly organic. It does carry the OMRI label and is certified as organic. Checking the ingredients list shows that ALL of its inputs are organic.

There is nothing not organic about Geoflora. I don't understand why Canada does not allow its import, but I don't understand a lot of things about my neighbors to the north.

Check out the ingredients list, and I defy you to find something not organic that is included in the product.

The best explanation that I can find on Canada's refusal to allow GeoFlora has to do with this following clause in the Canadian Fertilizers Regulations C.R.C., c. 666 FERTILIZERS ACT
  • (5) Every application in respect of a fertilizer or supplement shall contain a guaranteed analysis of the fertilizer or supplement as prescribed in section 15.

It is my understanding that GeoFlora is not willing to give up their proprietary secrets (and why should they?) as to exactly how the product is made, and Canada requires that for certification. Until Canada can respect trade secrets such as these and follow the same standards that OMRI uses to certify an organic product in the USA, sales in Canada will not happen.

There is nothing not organic about Geoflora. I don't understand why Canada does not allow its import, but I don't understand a lot of things about my neighbors to the north.

i find it hard to understand as well. organic anything pretty much gets a pass. it's not a hard cert. omri is supported in canada and an omri cert would bypass most of the process to allow it.

The best explanation that I can find on Canada's refusal to allow GeoFlora has to do with this following clause in the Canadian Fertilizers Regulations C.R.C., c. 666 FERTILIZERS ACT
  • (5) Every application in respect of a fertilizer or supplement shall contain a guaranteed analysis of the fertilizer or supplement as prescribed in section 15.

what's the issue ? every nute company publishes one already on the bottle or bag. it's just the ingredient list by percentage.

unless there's something else going on with it.

It is my understanding that GeoFlora is not willing to give up their proprietary secrets (and why should they?) as to exactly how the product is made, and Canada requires that for certification. Until Canada can respect trade secrets such as these and follow the same standards that OMRI uses to certify an organic product in the USA, sales in Canada will not happen.

omri is fully supported em.

if you can sell it in california you can sell it coast to coast here. california has stricter restrictions, save for one or two things like edta. we banned edta.

really don't think it has anything to do with that or some silly trade secret. it's not the first nute of it's type either. possibly unique to the cannabis market, but we've got piles of tomato and garden nutes used the same way. you identified one in a previous post yourself.

pretty sure geo simply doesn't care to market outside the US. i'd hazard they don't have the capacity to supply and have made a business decision to market in the easiest and most lucrative market they can access.

there's nothing wrong with that.

or maybe it can't get certed, who knows ?

No one is saying Geoflora isn’t organic or is even bad. @bluter simply said he doesn’t like he can’t find it in Canada. We then discussed how OMRI doesn’t explicitly mean a product is good to use for organic purposes. Yes Geoflora is good but it’s like organic growing starter edition. It’s a great stepping stone into the world of organic growing and is the product I would choose if I was interested but didn’t want to (or couldn’t) fully commit to organic.

Organic growing shines the most when you can dial in your specific mixes to your strains and phenotypes. This isn’t something you can achieve with a nutrient line, regardless of how awesome it is or how often it’s applied. It can only be achieved through carefully balancing your mixes for your specific phenotypes.

I use Geoflora in my organic grows as a layer and spike from time to time. I think OPs problem is he’s reading into the conversation @seaofgreen18 and I are having.

like @Keffka says about balance in another Post, for me I use the same recipe for all my plants no matter what strain my philosophy is if the exudates from the roots tell the microbes what and when is needed nutrient wise alls I have to do is make sure there are enough of the certain microbes in the soil to do what they need to do this is accomplished by the foods we feed our microbes and the environment they live in pH, moisture,ect..... Not to mention you always can do a compost/worm casting tea to replenish microbe population for half of the amount or less if you were to top or side dress straight compost or worm castings seems to work because last run 4 totally different strains AMAZING return same recipe same container

Back
Top Bottom