Sour OG Clones Indoor Soil, 2017

I moved the plants into the sun windows this morning and they got about 7.5 hours. I spritzed them and adjusted the LST. I was noticing a lot of foliar growth low and inside the plant. After I moved them back under the CFL's I took out my small scissors and trimmed some of the unwanted "suckers" I believe they're called. Any way it was a controlled defoliation, I pretty much just saved the tops I want and cut the rest. Any fan leaves feeding those unwanted top were clipped too. Hopefully the plant will start to provide more production to the remaining tops, leaves, stems, and the stalk too.

As for the clone from the bio-dome, I'm seeing improvement. There is one leaf that was pressed up against the side of the dome and trained itself at 90 degrees to what it should be normally. It's slowly turning itself over. Puff Puff Pass...

Here's some pics.

IMG_75646.JPG
IMG_75624.JPG
IMG_75656.JPG

Daily progress continues. Dolly, my third clone (named her after the Scottish Sheep), is recovering nicely. She is producing daily growth, although it is slow. Her tops are starting to fill on although the growth is smallish and yellow. Fingers crossed that she will hit her stride over the next week. I'm doing my best to speed her along, but it will be what it will be. Soil moisture is good, waiting at least another day or two to water. I would like to get all 3 plants on the same feeding watering schedule.

IMG_758511.JPG

Made up some reflectors for the plants, not sure if they're helping much but I don't think they're hurting either. I flushed Mary & Jane today and tested the run off, about 6.5. I gave more ST mixture to Dolly. Adjusted LST and Ph'd some plain water. Dolly has 5 tops, all growing about the same rate.

IMG_75906.JPG
IMG_75886.JPG
IMG_758511.JPG

You have definitely educated yourself for your first grow. I kind of jumped in, started small and easy, then got smarter, bigger, and better. I'm sure you are going to love this journey and it looks like you have a great base of information to draw from. I'm sticking with my story on the light issue; we could do an experiment and leave one plant under your light and one in your "sunlight" but looking at your light setup, your sunshine might be equivalent. Again, I'm not a light expert and I only research as much as I need a not a bit more LOL I grow my clones in veg under (2) 400W HPS lights from root for about 6 weeks, then they go into my flowering room where I have (2) 600W HPS lights but I have a lot of space and I like big buds (no, I do not like big butts ha ha, isn't that a song?). I'm excited to follow along and I will never quit learning :volcano-smiley:

You have definitely educated yourself for your first grow. I kind of jumped in, started small and easy, then got smarter, bigger, and better. I'm sure you are going to love this journey and it looks like you have a great base of information to draw from. I'm sticking with my story on the light issue; we could do an experiment and leave one plant under your light and one in your "sunlight" but looking at your light setup, your sunshine might be equivalent. Again, I'm not a light expert and I only research as much as I need a not a bit more LOL I grow my clones in veg under (2) 400W HPS lights from root for about 6 weeks, then they go into my flowering room where I have (2) 600W HPS lights but I have a lot of space and I like big buds (no, I do not like big butts ha ha, isn't that a song?). I'm excited to follow along and I will never quit learning :volcano-smiley:

All depends on the grow. Im doing LST to mainline. What type of grow are you doing? And yeah, HPS will make a big difference in veg time.

I have a organic soil grow and I use very LST with stakes, most of my plants are around 5-6' at harvest.

WP_20170304_001.jpg

Not sure if that was a good pic; you can check out my gallery.

"All living things need rest..you wouldnt stay up 24/7 would you?
same thing applies to your plant.."

The above statement is clearly from someone who does not know what he is talking about. Read below from someone who does.

Need the dark?

By Ed Rosenthal -
Do plants need a dark period during the vegetative cycle?
Does marijuana require a dark period during the vegetative growth stage? I recently read a grow book that advocated an 18-6 light cycle during the early growth stages.

One way in which plants are categorized is by the way they gather and handle carbon dioxide. Cannabis is a C3 plant. It uses the CO2 it gathers during the light period, when it is photosynthesizing. Plants designated C4 also gather CO2 during the dark period for use during the light period. Many C3 plants, including cannabis, do not need a rest period. They continue to photosynthesize as long as they are receiving light.
The plant's photosynthetic rate determines its growth rate because the sugars are used by the plant to build tissue and for energy. Cannabis under continuous light will grow 33% faster than the same plants on an 18-6 light regime.

What a difference 5 days can make. Plants are still roughly 5-6 inches due to LST. They look like a snarled mess but growth is good and constant. The stems and stalks are really starting to thicken up. I've got my tent and filtration set up. Light is on the way. I found a great deal on a King Plus 600 watt for $95.00, lightning sale on amazon. How could I pass that up?

I've got 3 clones of the same strain. I've decided that I'm going to flower the two weaker plants and keep the strongest for a mother. I'll take clones from the mother when I'm ready to flower the other two. Sea of Green was not something I planned on, but hey if the opportunity presents itself...

Here's some pics of the tent and the ladies.

IMG_77786.JPG
IMG_77765.JPG
IMG_77777.JPG
IMG_77829.JPG
IMG_77816.JPG
IMG_77807.JPG

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!! I got my King Plus 600 Watt LED!!! Holy shit is that think fucking bright!!!! Had to put on my shades, that thing is blinding. I'm expecting to see some massive changes over the next week or so. I'm waiting on the 15th to order the rest of my stuff. Little shit to finish off the tent. Couple Small fans, timer, adjustable pulleys for the light. Not much change as the plants go but here's some pics.

:woohoo:

IMG_78007.JPG
IMG_78066.JPG
IMG_78057.JPG
IMG_78024.JPG
IMG_780110.JPG

I've recently been informed that we will be going on vacation for at least a week in early to mid July. That means if I start flowering today, I'll be harvesting about June 15. Then there's the drying curing time. That would give about a month of play if the plants need more time for flowering and enough time to properly dry and get enough cure time for the buds that I can leave them for a week without burping.

I'm still planning on having a mother and clones at that point so I'll just plan to leave them well watered and hope to only find them a little on the sad side when I return.

Damn vacations...

Guess it's time for that indoor push. It's a little early but what the hell, a little bud is better than none!!! I will set off the 24 hours of dark tonight. And start with the bloom booster in a day or two.

Indoor clones in Happy Frog soil. I just switched to 600 watt LED yesterday. Temp is staying around 78-80 degrees. I flushed about 2 days ago. Doing LST for about 3 weeks now. Aside from this issue the plants have had no issues.

Last feeding I gave a regular dose of Flora Nova Grow, Tappin Roots, and Super Thrive. 2 TSP FN to a gallon Ph'd at 6.2 4 tsp of tappin roots and whatever the normal dose for super thrive is. Check out the pic and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_78116.JPG

The rest of my gadgets showed up today, timer, small clip fan, & adjustable pulleys. I reran the wiring in the tent and swapped out the supports for the light. BTW, I'm really impressed with the light. I'm going to leave the lights on all night and then tomorrow around 8:30 I'm going to give the ladies 24 hrs of dark and then 24 hours later I'm going to put on the timer run 12/12. Here's some purple pictures.

IMG_78367.JPG
IMG_78378.JPG
IMG_78396.JPG
IMG_78403.JPG
IMG_78436.JPG

Im keeping one of my clones as a mother. I had some extra stuff layin round so i made a CO2 generator. This is the biggest and strongest of my clones. Practice run with the other two while i get dialed and prep some more clones. Let the sea begin!!!

420-magazine-mobile1437827067.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1576566495.jpg

I read an article here on 420 about grooming a plant to yield a pound. Im not planning to go to a 5 gallon container but it seems the mother could be a candidate for that in a few months. After she gives me several identical twins. I read up a bit more on the FIM method. Lets see this plant has 5 tops, if i FIM correctly ill get 20 tops on this plant. Hmmm we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom