Sphnx's Norcal Outdoor Season

Your outdoor grow is truly an inspiration considering I'm in SoCal. Its just a shame that I don't have the space to accommodate our great weather down here. Still hot as shit though!

Your outdoor grow is truly an inspiration considering I'm in SoCal. Its just a shame that I don't have the space to accommodate our great weather down here. Still hot as shit though!

Thank you, brother. I'm going to be making quite a few changes next year, this was just my experimenting process :)

Here are some more pics. The biggest nugs still have 5 weeks to stack on more weight. Everything else is week 4 of 12. Still haven't gotten any rain, keeping my fingers crossed. Been having to battle caterpillars, and picking off their feces with tweazers. Little bastards. But this is giving me a chance to test my theory... the frostier the buds, the less susceptible they are to mold.

20170908_165056.jpg
20170908_165123.jpg
IMG_20170828_180538_021.jpg
IMG_20170830_154022_079.jpg
IMG_20170903_081925_560.jpg
IMG_20170904_084442_665.jpg
IMG_20170903_081925_565.jpg
IMG_20170904_160452_018.jpg
IMG_20170904_160723_434.jpg
IMG_20170906_075215_372.jpg

Ill take pics of individual plants when the sun comes up. :)

I'm spending 100 bucks a week on nutrients alone. Not including pH up and down. It's getting hard, but we're getting through it. Backing off nitrogen on a couple next week, then rest still have a couple more weeks. I lost one of the giants out at the rock beds. She got deficient and as I was trying to replentish her stock, she gave up. It was during a heat wave of 115f and above, with fires going on all around, smokey as fuck. She couldn't hang anymore. I'm still bummed about it and its been a couple weeks.. the biggest bush in the yard is just about 12x12x10ft tall and the stock is maybe 6 inches in diameter, I'll take pictures tomorrow but my dogs are going to have an amazing chew log for the winter. Doc has been stealing dried branches I'm saving, the puppies caught on and we're all doped up today. They're obsessed with the stems lol doc ended up hurting Virgils back leg pretty bad and is continuing to hurt it pretty often. Keeping him medicated has him walking around on it, instead of him cruising around like a tripod, no more pain, no more yelping with I massage the area. Fuckin medicine, guys. It truly is.

Here are some more pics. The biggest nugs still have 5 weeks to stack on more weight. Everything else is week 4 of 12. Still haven't gotten any rain, keeping my fingers crossed. Been having to battle caterpillars, and picking off their feces with tweazers. Little bastards. But this is giving me a chance to test my theory... the frostier the buds, the less susceptible they are to mold.

20170908_165056.jpg
20170908_165123.jpg
IMG_20170828_180538_021.jpg
IMG_20170830_154022_079.jpg
IMG_20170903_081925_560.jpg
IMG_20170904_084442_665.jpg
IMG_20170903_081925_565.jpg
IMG_20170904_160452_018.jpg
IMG_20170904_160723_434.jpg
IMG_20170906_075215_372.jpg

Ill take pics of individual plants when the sun comes up. :)
Hi, big fan, how have you been taking care of your caterpillar problem? I have the same issue. Well where i am we are getting drenched with rain and humidity so i deal with bud rot, so i understand tour pain.

Well..... That was worth the stop. :laughtwo: Good God, those are some impressive colas! :bravo: I admire the dedication. They always take a little more in resources than you hoped, don't they? Worth every penny spent and every minute trucking water to them. You've come through impressively this far. Another month or so and you'll be wishing we could all decend with our trimmers when they're ready.

Will you be drying them leaves and all? I've noted an uptick in terpene expression when I leave everything intact to hang dry. I used to find them easier to trim fresh, but that's changed dramatically over the years to doing as little to them for as long as possible before jarring them up.

You have much more to trim than I will in this tiny apartment. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi, big fan, how have you been taking care of your caterpillar problem? I have the same issue. Well where i am we are getting drenched with rain and humidity so i deal with bud rot, so i understand tour pain.

I have to go out with a ladder and inspect every top, nug and leaf. It takes up most of my days... as far as prevention goes, you can buy butterfly netting. They can't lay eggs through it. So that really helps. If it rains, go out there with a leaf blower and dry those suckers out as fast as possible. Good luck! Bud rot is always a bummer.

Well..... That was worth the stop. :laughtwo: Good God, those are some impressive colas! :bravo: I admire the dedication. They always take a little more in resources than you hoped, don't they? Worth every penny spent and every minute trucking water to them. You've come through impressively this far. Another month or so and you'll be wishing we could all decend with our trimmers when they're ready.

Will you be drying them leaves and all? I've noted an uptick in terpene expression when I leave everything intact to hang dry. I used to find them easier to trim fresh, but that's changed dramatically over the years to doing as little to them for as long as possible before jarring them up.

You have much more to trim than I will in this tiny apartment. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It looks like hannah and I will be trimming everything this year. We don't have money to pay trimmers and I really don't mind putting on some movies and trimming for 8 hours straight. It'll keep us busy this winter.

I normally cut the whole plant at the stock and hang em everything intact. Won't be able to do that this year, but yes I'll be keeping all of the leaves on. Slower in drying is always best. Not to mention, the plant is still alive after the chop. The air bubble blocks moisture uptake and the plant slowly dies and finishes, so that makes sense that there would be more terms. They pull everything they can from the leaves before they dry out. I've always left everything on until the trimming starts :) hopefully next year, I'll have one of those pre-fabricated metal barns I can run lines through and hang whole plants. I feel like that would be best, getting all of those juices gravity feeding into the buds ;)

Hey guys!! Thanks for keep my thread going ;)

The ladies are bulking up, I'll be uploading pictures tonight if the reception allows it. They're bulking up like crazy and the frost on some of the phenotypes are absolutely insane. It's like candy.

Popo, those plants look incredible!! I appreciate the plant pics, my thread was starting to go pictureless lol

Much love everyone. A sticky iiiiicky update will be here soon :)
What an update bro!! Thats some insane shit u growing their bro!!

Back
Top Bottom