Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

:rofl: My D ... it's hugely famous!

I have a theory I call D-happiness theory. Here's the equation

Lesbians = Zero D = Usually unhappy
Hetero = One D = Pretty Happy
Homo = D for everyone = Gay as hell lol Superrrr Happy

You need some D in your life to be happy, there's some empirical proof. ;)

SOIL Time to build my own soon. FFOF ironically has been the most reliable off the shelf soil, to provide the ratios for what I'm looking for (health/brix). To avoid the fungus gnats, bad bags, and other undesirables, I'll build my own to be somewhat similar. It's lower and slower P, K, ratio and availability works well with achieving nutrient density in the plant tissues right out of the bag.

Coast of Maine is great too, but has too much K, and P in it, so it would work better if you were already in flower and wanted to xplant. I may try it again, but only as a flower soil, and will double my amendments to see if that ratio works better before giving up on it. It's super rich, and I like a lot about it otherwise.

Roots 707 is great, ratios are better than CoM for Veg and early flower. Roots Original is being tested this run, it's got some good coco content, and the ratios should be workable, closer to the Basement Mix, although it's got slightly more peat than coco.

Off the shelf soil mix... so far my favorite has been - 5 parts (50%) FFOF, 3 parts (30%) Royal Gold Basement Mix, 2 parts (20%) perlite.
When ammended with 1TB/gal-soil Azomite, 1 tsp/gal-soil of Elemental or other calcium mix, and some microbes, it's a great substrate to achieve high health/brix plants with no soil cooking, planning or waiting. Turn key, and freelance. I'm going back to it to reifne it further before I create my own recipe.

I'm looking though to reduce my sugar content in flower, and almost eliminate it from Veg. My thinking is making the roots work a little harder, so they become stronger and more efficient. I'm also thinking of doing the same with bacteria and certain fungi. Now that I'll be running the same strains, I'll be able to really drill down to finer points. I'll share what I find if it's working well.

So Sour. To flower out a Sour in a hurry, I'm going to run the first one in Coco full salt hydro, but may try to throw some organics in there too, in an effort to up the stink, flavor and potency. Potting her up today, and will just flip her too. I'll take cuttings from the other to grow in soil, and have a soil mom already picked out too. She's kept separate from the others, she will live in my office window if I can work it, as a bonsai. I'll keep another Sour mom in the moms tent. Although I'm not keeping a current journal of them, I'll post some pics of them all here when I can. :Namaste:

Blast from the past....SSSDH.

IMAG84891.jpg

THIS is what I'm looking for. No/little burnt tips, faded to yellow but green near the bud, thick shiny/waxy leaf surface, supple plant tissues with plenty of oil still left in them. Brix, nutrition and fade - all working to finish the plant to perfection. This harvest may not be dial in quite so nice, but the CoM soil might surprise and do better later on. I'm mixing up a new batch of the older recipe soil for the new girls. Peace and pot.

You can't argue with those equations, although I won't try and put it to the test. LOL!

I wish we had so many different soils to test out here in SA. Although the freedom farms stuff is pretty good. I've been using Ionic bloom for coco with the soil in flower, and also banging plenty of calmag this round. The results are way better.

Blaze, have you read through Doc Bud's early work building a high Brix soil?

He started with some basic mineral mixes. Can you source soft rock phosphate? The gypsum and limestone shouldn't be hard ...

Mineralization itself makes a huge difference.

Doc Bud: All Organic High Brix

Thanks Graytail. I will give that a read. Hopefully it gives me a better understanding of soil in general. :thumb:

For most of the soil and soil/coco mixes I've purchased, a simple mineralization of Azomite is all it took to get high brix results, when combined with best gardening practices. The ratios need to be correct in the base soil though, and not too hot. From there, I'll dial up and down for my current keepers. ChemD will get Azoz, and extra EWC. ECSD will get the same. The indica doms will get only Mycos, no Azos and a higher dose of all ratios, simply by adding some premixed flower amendments,...and the sativas will get Mycos (and Azos if long flowering) and less amendments.

Off the shelf high brix custom tailored to each plant, with only a few simple changes.

For most of the soil and soil/coco mixes I've purchased, a simple mineralization of Azomite is all it took to get high brix results, when combined with best gardening practices. The ratios need to be correct in the base soil though, and not too hot. From there, I'll dial up and down for my current keepers. ChemD will get Azoz, and extra EWC. ECSD will get the same. The indica doms will get only Mycos, no Azos and a higher dose of all ratios, simply by adding some premixed flower amendments,...and the sativas will get Mycos (and Azos if long flowering) and less amendments.

High brix custom tailored to each plant, with only a few simple changes.
and you do a mighty fine job of it to!

Funny part is, I think great beans should probably cost a hundred or even two. You should know that you're getting something worth keeping though, and they should be the best of their kind, for whatever type of plant they are. Less for less. For these unknowns, the price is probably exceeding what they are worth. But there's some value added things ...the lure of the Unicorn, astonishingly pretty plants, exclusivity/rarity. Time will tell of that money was well enough spent, but IHG has treated me pretty well. I'm hoping to catch a nice plant....she looks and smells fantastic so far. :Namaste:

ChemD is a top favorite of all time. It's exquisitely balanced and very compelling to smoke. I look forward to when I get to relax and enjoy her, and I'm not an indica guy. She holds you up, while she rubs you down ... rinsing the stress and anxiety of the day right off. I'm smoking it almost exclusively, and have another girl in flower. Yeah hooked. Keeps you on your toes ever second though, she's so demanding. She really hates to be root bound, and I sometimes use that to slow plants to where I want them, and she goes down fast. Such a fussy brat. But really, none of this data is good, as I've got other issues going on. Hopefully this PM doesn't keep coming back. I'm going to tear down this May, trash the flower tent, clean the room down...but before that, one last run of all Sour. Famous last words lol.

Hey There CS... I'm sub'd for the Slurry flowers... Got me a pack pre-ordered at high price tag. Got my pack laying here on the table and trying to talk myself into popping a few. If it's anything similar to the Dolato I have going now, it should be a keeper..

Right there with ya on the Chem-dawg. My favorite all time (so far).

On your PM - I think you're up there near Baa-stone .... I'm in Philly... we have our fair share of PM - it's everywhere, there is no way to get rid of it permanently. All the plants in the fall eventually die from it as the growing season winds down outside in the gardens (veggies flowers etc.). The spores go airborne so you bring them into your home on your feet clothes etc a lot like spider mite fvcks.

I'm an organic farmer, had my fair share of PM specially in the summer time. I looked around for an organic solution and found that Horsetail Ferns brewed in a tea and foilered on started @ 2 weeks old, thru VEG like 1 time a week and into mid flower even (can foiler all the way to chop if you want). Once I started adding that to my IPM 1x a week (with Monterrey, Ful-power & Pro-tekt), haven't had any PM since I stated using the Horsetail Fern tea. Cool part you can find it growing like nettles in the spring, it's everywhere (likes damp places).

Add a hand full to a quart mason jar - pour in hot water like you're making a tea and let cool... put a lid on it and into the fridge. It will keep like that for several weeks. Pour a 1/4 cup or so into your sprayer with a gal water and spray like an IPM. PM gone...

This is an old time/old school biodynamic treatment for PM.. of course organic and you can drink the tea for you as well. Good stuff.

If you're not into finding local horsetail fern you can purchase thru amazon or hit me with a PM, I've got a nice stash from last fall harvest.

I'm always on the lookout for PM - it can be seen with a micro scope before it becomes a problem.

No need to trash equipment unless you want something new ... PM spores are everywhere, same with spider fvcks - just lurking waiting for the proper conditions.
There's not way to rid them permanently, and using bleach is probably the worst thing you can use .... it leaves a film behind that actually feeds mold and mildew.
So using bleach in the spring, setting up for a moldy summer. I've worked in the tile industry for many years, of course mold is a thing in showers. Bleach is a temporary treatment ... well not even that. For tile grout weak acids are the way to get rid of molds.

A nice moist fatty flower is perfect in a warm environment for mold spores to grow. Spraying early during VEG keeps the spores from grabbing hold once the flowers are large enough to create that warm moist environment they need to grow.

Hey There CS... I'm sub'd for the Slurry flowers... Got me a pack pre-ordered at high price tag. Got my pack laying here on the table and trying to talk myself into popping a few. If it's anything similar to the Dolato I have going now, it should be a keeper..

Right there with ya on the Chem-dawg. My favorite all time (so far).

On your PM - I think you're up there near Baa-stone .... I'm in Philly... we have our fair share of PM - it's everywhere, there is no way to get rid of it permanently. All the plants in the fall eventually die from it as the growing season winds down outside in the gardens (veggies flowers etc.). The spores go airborne so you bring them into your home on your feet clothes etc a lot like spider mite fvcks.

I'm an organic farmer, had my fair share of PM specially in the summer time. I looked around for an organic solution and found that Horsetail Ferns brewed in a tea and foilered on started @ 2 weeks old, thru VEG like 1 time a week and into mid flower even (can foiler all the way to chop if you want). Once I started adding that to my IPM 1x a week (with Monterrey, Ful-power & Pro-tekt), haven't had any PM since I stated using the Horsetail Fern tea. Cool part you can find it growing like nettles in the spring, it's everywhere (likes damp places).

Add a hand full to a quart mason jar - pour in hot water like you're making a tea and let cool... put a lid on it and into the fridge. It will keep like that for several weeks. Pour a 1/4 cup or so into your sprayer with a gal water and spray like an IPM. PM gone...

This is an old time/old school biodynamic treatment for PM.. of course organic and you can drink the tea for you as well. Good stuff.

If you're not into finding local horsetail fern you can purchase thru amazon or hit me with a PM, I've got a nice stash from last fall harvest.

I'm always on the lookout for PM - it can be seen with a micro scope before it becomes a problem.

No need to trash equipment unless you want something new ... PM spores are everywhere, same with spider fvcks - just lurking waiting for the proper conditions.
There's not way to rid them permanently, and using bleach is probably the worst thing you can use .... it leaves a film behind that actually feeds mold and mildew.
So using bleach in the spring, setting up for a moldy summer. I've worked in the tile industry for many years, of course mold is a thing in showers. Bleach is a temporary treatment ... well not even that. For tile grout weak acids are the way to get rid of molds.

A nice moist fatty flower is perfect in a warm environment for mold spores to grow. Spraying early during VEG keeps the spores from grabbing hold once the flowers are large enough to create that warm moist environment they need to grow.

Dude wicked good to see you brother. ;) Yeah the PM is a shit. The mites, hell mine weren't that evil, 3 sprays of Monteray and I haven't seen any since, and that one was the first. I'm in a concrete jungle and next to the ocean with barely a thing growing for a miles. I've had PM 2 other times and killed it off completely, with the last time was about 3 years ago, so I've been on easy street lol. Never seen a thing like this infection. Nothing at all. It was insidious, and the strain built huge uniform tubes and spores. Crazy fast too.

Here the thing is, since it isn't usually blowing around - once you get it, you gotta clean everything out, or toss it if you want to be free of it for a time. My tent is 3-4 years old, so it's time to go. Pretty sure I bought it to replace the last one due to outbreak. I use cleaning products, but my go-to is to use SNS 244 to wash down the room. It's made from and stinks like herbs, but it works great as a fungicide and an impromptu cleaner of sorts. I wipe down my entire tent interior, exterior, lights, cords, fans, floors with it. I don't clean the walls of the room it's in, I just blow them out with air, then reclean the floor a couple of times. Other areas, I do the same. Maybe it's all for naught - and I'm getting PM now blowing constantly due to other city growers... could be.

I thank you for your info on the bleach, I was unaware of that. I'm glad it wasn't my cleaning method. I do use those wipes in the tent though... although I think it's ammonia in them. Seems like we have the similar IPM.... same, FulPower, Monteray, Pro-tek.. Monteray is the best insecticide I've ever seen, and it's OMRI lol.

Slurricane is looking insane right now. HUGE fans. She's a couple weeks in, just starting to get some buds building. I'll post her up.

I've copied your horsetail tea recipe a couple of times. Even put the horsetail in my cart last week, before I forgot that I had no idea if what I was buying was any good. I'm almost there ;)

Dude wicked good to see you brother. ;) Yeah the PM is a shit. The mites, hell mine weren't that evil, 3 sprays of Monteray and I haven't seen any since, and that one was the first. I'm in a concrete jungle and next to the ocean with barely a thing growing for a miles. I've had PM 2 other times and killed it off completely, with the last time was about 3 years ago, so I've been on easy street lol. Never seen a thing like this infection. Nothing at all. It was insidious, and the strain built huge uniform tubes and spores. Crazy fast too.

Here the thing is, since it isn't usually blowing around - once you get it, you gotta clean everything out, or toss it if you want to be free of it for a time. My tent is 3-4 years old, so it's time to go. Pretty sure I bought it to replace the last one due to outbreak. I use cleaning products, but my go-to is to use SNS 244 to wash down the room. It's made from and stinks like herbs, but it works great as a fungicide and an impromptu cleaner of sorts. I wipe down my entire tent interior, exterior, lights, cords, fans, floors with it. I don't clean the walls of the room it's in, I just blow them out with air, then reclean the floor a couple of times. Other areas, I do the same. Maybe it's all for naught - and I'm getting PM now blowing constantly due to other city growers... could be.

I thank you for your info on the bleach, I was unaware of that. I'm glad it wasn't my cleaning method. I do use those wipes in the tent though... although I think it's ammonia in them. Seems like we have the similar IPM.... same, FulPower, Monteray, Pro-tek.. Monteray is the best insecticide I've ever seen, and it's OMRI lol.

Slurricane is looking insane right now. HUGE fans. She's a couple weeks in, just starting to get some buds building. I'll post her up.

I've copied your horsetail tea recipe a couple of times. Even put the horsetail in my cart last week, before I forgot that I had no idea if what I was buying was any good. I'm almost there ;)

Nice.... the HT Fern tea works... I always had mold to a certain degree. I stopped growing the real frosty sticky flowers in the late spring/summer run cause of it.

Once I started foiler with the HT tea.. nada. I'm in Philly... its soo ridiculously hot and humid in the summer time.... hotter and more humid that Florida in summer. The air just stops moving. Trying to grow indoors is a battle with heat, gotta grow flowers that can handle mold and heat. Not all are created equal in that regard.

That SNS stuff should work .. HT Fern is the organic solution. I have pack of the Slurry.... I decided to pop some Black Hyena that was gifted to me, then maybe a few Slurricane's for a good mix.

4 years for a tent ... that's pretty good. I wear out the floor in a few years even with the liner. Thinking of getting some flood trays and use them for the floor tho prolly harder to clean them.

G/L with the Slurrys .... If it's anything like Dolato I'm running now it will be a home run. I just chopped my Dolato #1 she was perfect in every way. Fast finish lots of big ass frosty colas and smelling up the house hanging on the hook to dry!

Nice.... the HT Fern tea works... I always had mold to a certain degree. I stopped growing the real frosty sticky flowers in the late spring/summer run cause of it.

Once I started foiler with the HT tea.. nada. I'm in Philly... its soo ridiculously hot and humid in the summer time.... hotter and more humid that Florida in summer. The air just stops moving. Trying to grow indoors is a battle with heat, gotta grow flowers that can handle mold and heat. Not all are created equal in that regard.

That SNS stuff should work .. HT Fern is the organic solution. I have pack of the Slurry.... I decided to pop some Black Hyena that was gifted to me, then maybe a few Slurricane's for a good mix.

4 years for a tent ... that's pretty good. I wear out the floor in a few years even with the liner. Thinking of getting some flood trays and use them for the floor tho prolly harder to clean them.

G/L with the Slurrys .... If it's anything like Dolato I'm running now it will be a home run. I just chopped my Dolato #1 she was perfect in every way. Fast finish lots of big ass frosty colas and smelling up the house hanging on the hook to dry!

If you dont grow frosty sticky flowers in spring/summer than I would not advise Slurry until after summer. Unless you are vegging it during the summer to run in the fall. It is seriously THE frostiest strain I have run to date. It is nice and chunky too :)

So I took the Slurry last night and got some pictures but they were not the best. Between moving plants back and forth, transplanting 3 girls into final pots and having company show up time was limited. Here are some shots of parts of her. The full plant shots did not come out great at all.

IMG_101048.JPG
IMG_101143.JPG
IMG_101441.JPG
IMG_101545.JPG
IMG_101653.JPG
IMG_101946.JPG
IMG_102046.JPG

Care I am sure you have something similar to this to look forward to. With your skills I am sure yours will look even better :)

Back
Top Bottom