Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

A buddy I work with knows another grower that paid 500 for a cut of purple punch. It turned out to be nice smoke but the price of the clone seems steep to me. Then again I'm used to them going for no more than 25 and usually around 15. From the sounds of it the dosidos is pretty killer and from what I know of the purple punch it is stellar so those should produce some mighty fine plants :) :thumb:
Ouch!!...

After seeing CS grow that killer dolato I got real interested in the Dosido crosses and IHG. Both his phenos were fire and I had to have some for myself. I almost bought a pack of Do-Latos but what fun is that. I wanted something different to share with the community after researching the strain I was sold.

Ouch!!...

After seeing CS grow that killer dolato I got real interested in the Dosido crosses and IHG. Both his phenos were fire and I had to have some for myself. I almost bought a pack of Do-Latos but what fun is that. I wanted something different to share with the community after researching the strain I was sold.
Ouch was exactly what I thought. IHG seems to have a stable of fine strains. It sounds like any of the dosidos crosses are going to be fire. How long until you decide to drop some of those beans and how many are you going to run?

Ouch was exactly what I thought. IHG seems to have a stable of fine strains. It sounds like any of the dosidos crosses are going to be fire. How long until you decide to drop some of those beans and how many are you going to run?
The bean popping party will start next week and I'll run 5 of them to get started. I'll end up making a new journal for them to celebrate.. I haven't been this excited for a strain since the TrapStars that haven't even hit flower yet... I'm easily pleased

Can't wait to see those Twox. :circle-of-love: Drop a link here please when you get the journal up. :Namaste:

I've been very happy with the smoke on the IHG stuff. Same with CSG, and Devil's Harvest. The HSO Bubba's Gift is nice, but probably won't get another go. The CaliCon Tahoe I tried again last night, and it's great, but I've kinda lost interest. Should be fun to see what the old Sensi Star brings to the Tahoe Star coming up.

Not sure what's next for me, but I'm going to put some thought into it. I still want to have new things in rotation, but also want some space for projects, longer term. I'll need a smaller tent with a shelf, and some space for moms. Might as well set up a secure connection with IR video as well. Time to use the skills of my misspent youth. :)

Like this tiny but very productive and frosty ECSDH-S1#1 that I dropped in coco. A, to see if i could grow in coco and like it. B, to see what the S1 of the plant looked like. I've run or managed more than 10 of these seeds and the phenos have good variation, so you can pick what you like - tall, small, hazy, cloney... Smoke is like SSSDH, but with more amplitude, if you get a middle or clone leaner.

I think I'll be doing more small coco pots to flower out what I need a look at. Smell is there on this girl, she's ready to pull and dry. Flowers are pretty heavy, she needed the stake. :)

She's been in flush, just getting molasses for the last 6 or so days. Still has that high shine, dense nuggets, and she's all frosted flakes. I think she'll give me ~2 oz, which is pretty great, cuz she's in one of those 52 cent "1g" pots that holds around .6 gallons. I used Royal Gold Basement mix, and synthetic nutes, no additives, boosters, or stims.

DSC_011335.jpg
DSC_010939.jpg
DSC_0109_2.jpg

Beautiful beautiful CS!! I wish I could dip into your stash and sample your wares. Looks so delicious.

BTW, I finally managed to get my hands on some strawberry diesel. The Holy smoke version. I don't know if you remember, but we spoke about this strain more than a year ago.

Wow man she is gorgeous :circle-of-love:

I wanted to post with it ... "this is what finished weed should look like" lol Some test nugs drying :)

Beautiful beautiful CS!! I wish I could dip into your stash and sample your wares. Looks so delicious.

BTW, I finally managed to get my hands on some strawberry diesel. The Holy smoke version. I don't know if you remember, but we spoke about this strain more than a year ago.

Man, I'll have to try that. I absolutely LOVE, the SSD from Devils, so there's enough interest there. :thumb:

Nice nugs on that ECSD.. They have a nice solid looking bud structure.:thumb: I'll be sure to give you a heads up on the Slurricanes once I get them started. I've been real interested in this purple punch strain lately and I think these are going to be killer. I also found some new genetics while strain hunting.

I'm not sure if any body is familiar with the Jungle Boys in LA but they have a few Purple Punch crosses and a work with The Village and they got there hands on the PP male. They just got into the seed market recently and made a Purple Punch 2.0 and a few crosses. They only sell there genetics at two dispensaries. TLC in LA and SSCC in Sac. They only drop once a week and have limits on what you can buy. People are waiting in line at 1 am to get there hands on them. No online distribution yet. There called "Symbiotic Genetics" if anybody is interested. The Jungle Boys grew some killer buds with there gear and both there instagram are loaded with frost.. I'll probably have to wait for online distribution but there definetly on my hit list. Only 150 to 200 a pack.. better than a 500 dollar cut.

Sorry for the long off topic post, I had to share with somebody and everybody in here seems to dig new strains. So, anybody live close to these dispensaries? Twox needs new beans.. lol. I really don't want to drive to Sacramento .. :high-five:

We love seed talk. Tougher ride from my driveway :rofl: but with demand like that though, it's probably worth a look for someone out that way. I know what you are going through. I have had my fits of purchases, and I feel a small one coming on. I've been a reformed seed junky for a good bit now, narrowing my interests, while trying to keep current too. :Namaste: There's so much out there to choose from, and there are finally some people doing it 'right' imo. By that I mean, breeding something worth growing. Sorry if that sounds harsh to anyone lol, but that is the final metric, and only one that really matters. We can all decide for ourselves what that means. I really enjoyed the Dolato without a doubt, both phenos, they are strikingly different in appearance, although the differences are smaller in the taste and effect. I like that in most instances, unless you are trying to recreate a classic maybe, but even then you could just hunt. :Namaste: Some plants they gotta take em deep, and tighten them up pretty well, or they won't fit in your tent lol.
--------------------------

UPDATE: New crops, ECSDH#2, SSSDH#2, Pennywise, Tahoe Star, Purple Dream
Plants are really hooking into the new soil, one by one, I can see them. Like an injection of life, after the confines of those small pots, their fingers are taking on tones of blue green neon at the core, like a paint swirl on a palette. They are going to be beautiful. They will go in as they are ready. I figure I've got plenty gas in these pots, with this new mix. I'm going to pretend like nothing changed, my amendments were pretty minor, 80% 707 Mix, Mycos, Azomite, Both types of Ca, Powdered Kelp, Gypsum, 20% Basement mix coco and 10% perlite.

ECSDH#2 is a bit more pithy and very bendy/floppy at the top vs my others, I love that. I'm not tossing #1 just yet, but I like what I'm seeing. Very clone-ish in appearance. Smells in Veg. Nodes and structure are almost perfect, but if I'm being picky, but on the thinner side. After running in coco, I'm not too worried about it... looks like a similar structure, but with more legs and nodes.

Pennywise is just stunning, if not unruly. The high count leafs, and they don't look quite like pot leafs, almost like ivy. Her roots were insane, very thick and white. She hooked in first. Watering in big pots is a bit different, so she's just now getting a breath after transplant - watering in.

Purple Dream is just puttering along. I topped and stripped her a bit, as she was slow anyway, and I didn't want her to choke herself inward... but she's still in the small pot. I never have good luck with GDP. Least favorite plant to grow, but I do like to watch others do it right. Like PotChimp here.

Tahoe Star has the good health look to her. You know it when you see it, she's telling you she's easy. My favorite. :smokin: Also has the look of 'Imma gunna stretch as much as I please' look to her too, so I'll be strapping on the stakes to her soon.

SSSDH#2 is super sharp and sativa looking. Real strong branches, shorter stature so far, but that could change quickly in the new pot. Not sure what she's going to do, she's different than the last, but lovely. I'm excited to see which way she goes.

Thinking of letting them breathe after being watered in, so they will get to dry out, before being watered. Next watering will soon enough for Tahoe Star to go in, then ECSDH a few days later. The others will go in as soon as I feel they are really hooked up and hooking into the new soil. Still waiting on sex for Pennywise, SSSDH & PD...:Namaste: If I get a male, this the last grow before a stripdown and clean, so I can break my intentional seed making cherry. :)

TL;DR: Plants are looking bomb, we're gunna have a great show!

You grow the prettiest plants Staker, beautiful form and colour on them :goodjob::bravo:

So happy to hear you enjoy them, I do love posting them. :circle-of-love:

But, we are going to step it up a notch with better photos, and this bunch is looking especially nice. And, we got Texberry starting beast mode. Off to Metallica tonight. Get to be a kid again. :Namaste:

OK, wow, Metallica was awesome last night. We were down in the pit, just off center right of the main stage, with all of Gillette Stadium behind us, and it was such a great energy. I took too much brownie, as directed. ;) Great night, great band, they seem like some cool cats for sure.

Now, plants. :)
DK's Texberry - DAY 42 Flower She's building real tight clusters and will probably swell like crazy, let's see. Frost is really coming on nicely, and it's very sweet, like syrup and berry and pine. Her last feed was only 500ppm, of nutes. I'm not adding in the same Cal/mag so my estimates were off. So she's got very little 'feed' so far. She's starting to flag and drop leaves under the canopy, which I would expect in late mid flower. They are slighly deficient, meaning I'm right on target, her core is still deep green. She's got some classic blueberry looks I think. Easy as pie.

DSC_016628.jpg
DSC_017230.jpg
DSC_017935.jpg
DSC_019336.jpg
DSC_019443.jpg
DSC_017833.jpg
DSC_019535.JPG
DSC_018238.jpg

CSG ECSDH#2, Day 0 flower with stellar nodes and floppy heads...she'll get more rigid in flower for any newbs reading. Look at those nodes, the whipsaw of the main, swinging, working, good girl...make those sticky buds. Loving the coco one I am testing now, but soil is magic, and I need some magic for this summer. The leafs on this one look more like a Chem to me, so leaning clone maybe. Same with the floppier branches. No way the clone nodes like this though. :)

DSC_019734.jpg

Real excited about this next batch. I'm digging both new phenos (#2) on the CSG gear, as I've been keeping the #1's from both strains. The IHG Tahoe Star looks like she's got a lot of Tahoe in her. I'm thinking she's going to take a big breath and stand up a bit, and pop out some bombs in the process. She's easy, so I'm expecting light to medium feed. Doesn't take much to keep color on her. None of them are fully hooked up and green yet, but they are only a day or three away from it.

IHG Tahoe Star Day 0 flower, she's starting to show the stretch a little, but is looking easy breezy like Tahoe usually is. Might be a little preflower stretch, or the too high temps, of 98F. We got hit with a heat wave and it's passed now, but so that I didn't have to watch them all get stretchy, I'll just pop them all in sooner rather than later. Pennywise went in too.

DSC_020830.jpg

TGA Pennywise Day 0 flower, pics to follow in next update.

We got CSG SSSDH#2 coming up soon, and GDP Purple Dream is getting a 5 gal, even though she's looking like she might grow soon lol.
Peace and love y'all, and thanks for looking over my shoulder. :Namaste: My sneakers this time. :thanks:

Superb looking herbs. ;)
Fantastic work on the txberry, thanks for giving her a go.
Everything has that carestaker shine just gorgeous plants every time.

It ain't that fine, if she don't have that shine. She's looking real nice man, thanks for sending her to me. :)
Gotta admit, I was a bit worried about such a big pot, and an untested plant... I've always been a turn and burn guy, now I'm growing bushes in garbage cans lol. Smells are berry, clean pine, and something earthy. :Namaste: She's behaving just fine. No sacs, no issues, she's 5 by 5 my man. Buds are starting to show character...dense, tight, blue and frosty. :thumb: How long do you think she'll run, I may have to add a feeding to get the most out of her. Thanks Dusty. :Namaste:

Oooh - If you want any photos that aren't branded, let me know and I'll dropbox them to you before I upload them.

Wow, both those ladies look huge.. Good job on getting that Texberry to grow that many tops.. It seems like all those side branches grew to the canopy and really produced some buds for you... Fantastic plant:thumb:

:thanks: Thanks Two, She's got six mains, instead of my usual four, and they all made it up...should do a half pound without being pushed at all. She's almost all natural - soil doing most of the work. :thumb:

About resin, my take...a couple of pennies worth.

If I may... don't worry about too much about what the plant looks like, resin wise. It's somewhat a crapshoot. Health is everything, and frost can be deceiving. I know, I know, it's beautiful and everyone wants to see it, and it still steals my breath when they are fully glazed, but where the rubber meets the road for most people - is in the effect.

Yeah, the taste and looks matter, but I'd smoke Tasteless Ugly much of the day, if it made me smile and tickled my nuggets just right.

Healthy, well grown plants, have the most potent resin, period. I can add more frost to a genetic by nute/water/light stressing, or extend the time so the glands add cells, to make it look hairier, but it adds nothing to the effect, and probably takes from other processes that would be better left alone....

I'm saying that if I was selecting, I'd be looking at my genetic origins above all, then effect, then everything else... and lastly yield and the time it takes to get there. I have zero margins or goals to meet. If growing in a warehouse for a commercial purposes - I wouldn't be able to hold on to many of these ideals, as margins would mandate an inversion of my whole approach. A challenge for sure, and who knows it might even be fun, but I wouldn't be smoking it. And it's not a snob thing. It's a quality of life thing. It's an independence thing. It's reclaiming our right as rulers of our own bodies and minds to choose how we commune with this great helper.

I'd also like to say something about the effect, seeds, and how it varies under different grow conditions. Some plants, especially ones with special attributes, need to be grown to a very high level before you will truly get a look at what they have to offer. Sometimes you won't even know it's special, until you've been smoking it for six months, and it still hits like the first time. :)

Growing an Auto-Chem91xSkunk versus a Reg-Chem91xSkunk, from SeedCo, in your average home grow, might not reveal a large gap in quality. With higher breeding (not SeedCo) and better than average home level growing, you should (if you are attuned to detail) notice a difference for sure in the same crosses.

In audio we call it how revealing the system is. My Dynaudio monitors will let you hear the frets, the pedals, the footfalls, clothes rustling.... you can't hide a thing. Playing an MP3 will make you want to tear your ears off, it sounds like the garbage it is. Play a FLAC file of something beautiful, and church is in session. Your hairs will stand straight up.

How revealing is your grow?

I know I'm still leaving something on the table, and will keep refining until there's nothing left. Just a thought. :)

The male parent can finish in just under eight weeks. The female parent can take up to 12 but if in the perfect environment she can be done in 10 weeks. Look for nine weeks with your professional skill level.

So, late September... :) I was thinking 9.5 or 10 by how she looks now, so we are going to feed today at 500ppm, then let her leech the leafs out and deplete that big pot of soil. I'll give her an a small side feed with benes about two days after the real feed, to repopulate any missing or depleted biota...then she's (almost) on her own. :thumb: No synths including bottled Ca. Just water, sugar, zymes, aminos, humics till 10 days out, then sugar and water only.

Loving the looks of all your girls man. That Texberry is some pretty :thumb: I haven't commented in a while but have been watching.

Your post above has some awesome bits of knowledge and I can dig your way of looking at how you grow. I do ok but know I could do a lot better especially when I look at grows such as yours. I need to get my environment under control better and I think good things will follow at that point.

As to your point about resin I have to agree. I grew out a kandy kush for a while that showed little to no visible resin. What was on it consisted of small glands that were not overly abundant. It happened to be the best thing I was growing at the time and is still better than most of what I grow now. Nothing me or my buddy were growing at the time could touch it. I had a couple of skunk crosses that were really frosty that were second rate (at best) in comparison. He had a sage and sour that was his best smoke that couldn't touch it, and even his super frosty snowbud couldn't come close. So while visible resin can be an indicator of good things it can be deceiving.

Looking forward to seeing your Pennywise. I may have to drop another bean of it to try and get a true female.

Loving the looks of all your girls man. That Texberry is some pretty :thumb: I haven't commented in a while but have been watching.

Your post above has some awesome bits of knowledge and I can dig your way of looking at how you grow. I do ok but know I could do a lot better especially when I look at grows such as yours. I need to get my environment under control better and I think good things will follow at that point.

As to your point about resin I have to agree. I grew out a kandy kush for a while that showed little to no visible resin. What was on it consisted of small glands that were not overly abundant. It happened to be the best thing I was growing at the time and is still better than most of what I grow now. Nothing me or my buddy were growing at the time could touch it. I had a couple of skunk crosses that were really frosty that were second rate (at best) in comparison. He had a sage and sour that was his best smoke that couldn't touch it, and even his super frosty snowbud couldn't come close. So while visible resin can be an indicator of good things it can be deceiving.

Looking forward to seeing your Pennywise. I may have to drop another bean of it to try and get a true female.

Great to hear Yeti. :Namaste: Thanks for sharing your experience too. It's hard to generalize about any aspect of growing - there's infinite variables, but there are things that we can suss out together, that can push us all forward in what we do. That's why I'm posting a bit more than pictures, and writing some words, thanks for the encouragement.

I have the similar experiences as with your KKush. A special genetic, even grown horribly can sometimes be great weed...like wtf are we all doing lol. Crazy right? That's why I put genetics first.

Another thing is too, why grow? If it's just to get high, the weed's specific effect might not matter that much. If all you need is something that hits like a hammer, any hammer will do. That's not to dismiss it either, it has it's place. If you are growing to provide specific properties (med & rec), either cerebral or body, the end goals would be quite a bit more specific. Maybe part of why it's hard to generalize about this plant, growing etc....we are all looking for different things. This is why effect is the #2 important for me, but it's almost part and parcel of #1.

I personally need a cerebral strain that will help me with mood and depression, while giving enough energy, and without getting me paranoid. That's a tall order if you really think about that combination. It's pretty common though. Head traumas, brain injuries, too much damage trying to medicate with poisons...we are disposable as men, there's not much support for men trying to keep themselves healthy, fulfilled and alive... RIP Chris Cornell.

I'm here mostly still to learn, and give back if I can. I'm reaching out to my fellow students and teachers, with ideas, and practices that might help in both in our common and personal goals.

Those that don't smoke/grow, that say that it's snobbery, or I'm making it more than is needed, is simply not understanding of that relationship. Those that smoke that don't need the same relief I do, won't need to look so hard, or be so discerning when it comes to genetics or effect. They just want a hammer. Or a pillow. Or something that tastes great. Or something purple lol. That's cool too... we still share love for the plant, just different needs, wants, likes, right?

Penny's looking wow man, this round is going to kill. :)

Back
Top Bottom