Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

The Dolatos were great, a stunning plant. Mine ended up with a nice punch, but the high was sorta just the usual, nothing real special. I'm sure some phenos line up better than others, so I hope your turn out better. Mine were fems, but I don't think they were selfed, which might put out a better product. I liked the taller, more OG looking plant more.

Sounds like you're on one of them rocks in the ocean. We get summer here, even in winter, hell is was 70 yesterday, and today we have snow to shovel. Keeps gardening interesting :rofl: Boston is a trip.

Thank man, Please do!

Unfortunately today....well, there's sour diesel everywhere, but most of it really isn't realliy that great. ;) There's only one cut that really made it famous, and it's resisted recreation. By the smell, I'd say this is her, but I won't know for sure, untill she flowers out. There were likely other seeds in the seed batch that created her, so I'm sure there's lots called Sour out there. There are also many trying to get rich using a name, by putting theirs next to it. For me - I just want to grow HER, not her friends...as she's a long lost, well known ally of mine.

In seeds making, her best traits don't often show up, as they are nearly all recessive, so it's really some work to get a nice cross. I really loved the SSSDH, and still do, and that's the SD IBL (for males) - not the clone, to a fem SSH. So, while I would normally say make sure it's the legit cut, I would also look for the IBL where it's the male or selfed pollen being used. Loompas's Underdog cut, which I think was either an ourlier ECSD S1, or the mother hit with male OG, then backed to the mother. There's the Huckleberry D, that I'm dying to run... uses the real cut, which get's great press. Their Huck male lines up well with the ECSD as the fem. Happy to let you know what I think of a cross you might consider, via PMs. :) I'm also seeking that Copper Chem to see how it compares against the aging ChemD.

I got a bucket of chem-D to smoke to I'm not complaining. Slurrie is under a 1000w Horti... and frosting like Betty Crocker. I'm hoping for no pests or blights, and if so, I may end up with a stunner. Hope the smoke is good too, fingers crossed.

Thanks NCW! I thought she was slow and dull and then she turns around in flower. I almost culled her at the flip, real glad I didn't. Smells better than all the others so far. I gotta figure out these new site changes, and pop over to see what you got cooking.

There is one breeder that has ECSD S1s that I have been tempted to buy. I have not seen enough of it to want to go for it and he is not an overly well known breeder. He started on another forum and has been doing it off and on for a few years. I grew out 3 Huck Diesels, 2 of which were males and the third threw bananas unfortunately. It looks nice and smells decent but nothing like Sour Diesel. I have a pack of Star Duster from the same breeder that uses their Ms Universe male that i think will be closer to the real deal. I have not had a chance to start any seeds of the Starduster yet but hope to be able to fairly soonish. I will have the wife try a tester of the Slurry soon and give you her impression of it. (It will probably be pretty vague, such as: It got me high af, it was ok, it could have been a lot better!)

I hear you when it comes to sourcing those elusive genetics. I've read that Rez used to/still has a very good SD IBL.

NYC Diesel seems to be very good at throwing that sour taste and smell. I've picked it up in both New Blue Diesel and Strawberry Diesel. The story goes that NYC Diesel is just Chem 91 renamed. I've smoked 91 Krypt a few times, and that was extremely sour. Tasted almost like vomit.

I will shoot you a pm though my man. I love these kinds of conversations and it would be cool to be pointed in the right direction.

So I told you I would let the wife try and get back to you about how the Slurricane smoked. First it looks fantastic and smells really nice as well. Really fruity and funky. She said it tasted amazing! Like fruity candy, the high though is not what she was hoping for. It got her high but was not as intense as the Purple Punch S1 we took recently or the 9# Hammer. This is 3 days after they hit the jar. So I am encouraged that the smoke tasted so good so quickly. I am hoping that the high gets to be a little fuller as it cures a little. As to the type of high she did not really specify but she did not pass out after! :)

Working through re-subscribing to all previous journals. Looks like you have a bunch of new plants looking sharp as usual. Those SSH leaves caught my eye.....grew out a pack of Greenhouse (I know, I know) some years ago & recall thinner leaves. Maybe they weren't authentic...wouldn't surprise me with GH. Good to be back to watch that ECSD. :Namaste:

I hear you when it comes to sourcing those elusive genetics. I've read that Rez used to/still has a very good SD IBL.

NYC Diesel seems to be very good at throwing that sour taste and smell. I've picked it up in both New Blue Diesel and Strawberry Diesel. The story goes that NYC Diesel is just Chem 91 renamed. I've smoked 91 Krypt a few times, and that was extremely sour. Tasted almost like vomit.

I will shoot you a pm though my man. I love these kinds of conversations and it would be cool to be pointed in the right direction.

Vomit mmmmm lol. I've forgotten many of the minor details over the years. That does sound about right about the 91 though, a lot was renamed or mislabeled in NY. As best I can remember, they called the Chem91, Diesel, and the Diesel, NYCD, cuz ... well no reason. Diesel#1 or Original Diesel is a great smoke too, but I prefer ChemD. I think Dr. GT does an S1 of the SD.

So I told you I would let the wife try and get back to you about how the Slurricane smoked. First it looks fantastic and smells really nice as well. Really fruity and funky. She said it tasted amazing! Like fruity candy, the high though is not what she was hoping for. It got her high but was not as intense as the Purple Punch S1 we took recently or the 9# Hammer. This is 3 days after they hit the jar. So I am encouraged that the smoke tasted so good so quickly. I am hoping that the high gets to be a little fuller as it cures a little. As to the type of high she did not really specify but she did not pass out after! :)

Thanks for that man, it's much appreciated. Sounds like it was a great plant, I hope it gets better in the jar! I was sorta planning on it being like Dolato. Wait till I post pics lol, she's covered to her tips before day 30. :) At least she'll taste great, and I'll share her with others too, so it will go quick with just the one plant. ;) Thanks big guy!

Working through re-subscribing to all previous journals. Looks like you have a bunch of new plants looking sharp as usual. Those SSH leaves caught my eye.....grew out a pack of Greenhouse (I know, I know) some years ago & recall thinner leaves. Maybe they weren't authentic...wouldn't surprise me with GH. Good to be back to watch that ECSD. :Namaste:

Thanks brother good to see you. Some new ones yep. The SSH are F2 seeds, so I've got one tall one running sativa colas filling in already and that chunky, fat, grease muppet. :) The smell is loud and hugely signalling of good things to come. I'm waiting for a squat male to pop, but I don't want to waste the females either, so grow them I must.

I have to find my subscriptions too... to all I'll get caught up when I figure out how lol.

Vomit mmmmm lol. I've forgotten many of the minor details over the years. That does sound about right about the 91 though, a lot was renamed or mislabeled in NY. As best I can remember, they called the Chem91, Diesel, and the Diesel, NYCD, cuz ... well no reason. Diesel#1 or Original Diesel is a great smoke too, but I prefer ChemD. I think Dr. GT does an S1 of the SD.

Thanks for that man, it's much appreciated. Sounds like it was a great plant, I hope it gets better in the jar! I was sorta planning on it being like Dolato. Wait till I post pics lol, she's covered to her tips before day 30. :) At least she'll taste great, and I'll share her with others too, so it will go quick with just the one plant. ;) Thanks big guy!

Thanks brother good to see you. Some new ones yep. The SSH are F2 seeds, so I've got one tall one running sativa colas filling in already and that chunky, fat, grease muppet. :) The smell is loud and hugely signalling of good things to come. I'm waiting for a squat male to pop, but I don't want to waste the females either, so grow them I must.

I have to find my subscriptions too... to all I'll get caught up when I figure out how lol.

You are welcome bud! I am not surprised she is frosted over. She put out more frost than anything I have ever grown so it is a little disappointing that the high does not live up to the looks. I feel like it probably is similar to your Dolatos. I have a Dolato S1 seed I was gifted (well I was gifted 2 but something ate one 3 days after it came up) I have been thinking about popping it but will wait a bit. Have you ever looked into Mass Medical Strains? They just dropped some newer gear and some of there stuff leans really heavy toward the sativa side of things. Their flagship strain, Star Pupil, is a fem purple strain that is supposed to be super potent for a purple and is supposed to be solid as a rock.

From all I read there is a lot of confusion around the Chems, diesels and kush strains for that matter. I see a lot of people claim that NYCD is the original and that the ECSD is either a knock off or a pheno of it.

I love hearing about it's lineage from some breeders, espeically when they are from other continents, and have never been to MA.

I forget what NYCD really was, but I suppose most everyone else has forgoten too. Despite the creative naming. It was either the 91 or the Original Diesel, or something simliar, I simply can't remember, but when it went to NY it was called something else. Which is kind of obnoxious, I don't mind saying. It's why New Yorkers have a hard time here in Boston... we frankly don't like many of them and love telling them so. Fucking yankees. ;) I can say this since BAR is on a self imposed hiatus :)

Hell, even Joebrand thought he had one thing from them (NY chem fam), and got something else. ECSD was born ~early 1992 in western MA, not for from where Chemdog lived, and just outside of Umass Amherst. It was traded to the NY crew shortly after, probably 1993. You could smell it in a pocket inside a stadium.. like that kinda lout. The cut was instantly better than anything anyone had ever smelled or smoked before, including the Chems some would say, and most certainly the Diesel/NYCD. I do think the Diesel/NYCD is pretty great too though, just not on my top 10 or possibly even 20, but up around there.

Thanks for the tip on Dr. Gt. I have checked out his stuff, and a few have said it is legit. I will take your endorsement as gospel then. Kind of pricey, but hey, if it's worth it then I don't mind paying. :thumb:

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile app has been shut down, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

I love hearing about it's lineage from some breeders, espeically when they are from other continents, and have never been to MA.

I forget what NYCD really was, but I suppose most everyone else has forgoten too. Despite the creative naming. It was either the 91 or the Original Diesel, or something simliar, I simply can't remember, but when it went to NY it was called something else. Which is kind of obnoxious, I don't mind saying. It's why New Yorkers have a hard time here in Boston... we frankly don't like many of them and love telling them so. Fucking yankees. ;) I can say this since BAR is on a self imposed hiatus :)

Hell, even Joebrand thought he had one thing from them (NY chem fam), and got something else. ECSD was born ~early 1992 in western MA, not for from where Chemdog lived, and just outside of Umass Amherst. It was traded to the NY crew shortly after, probably 1993. You could smell it in a pocket inside a stadium.. like that kinda lout. The cut was instantly better than anything anyone had ever smelled or smoked before, including the Chems some would say, and most certainly the Diesel/NYCD. I do think the Diesel/NYCD is pretty great too though, just not on my top 10 or possibly even 20, but up around there.
You definitely have a better grasp of its history than I do. I always see breeders list it as mass super skunk x chem dawg now a days though as I said sometimes the NYCD comes into play. It does seem a lot of things get skewed in NY. I know how loud it is lol. One of the few things I have come across that will stink out a house with a gram in baggies in a sock draw :rofl:

Things are going pretty well, knock on wood. No PM or mites, so I'm ahead of the game already. I've recloned all the plants and they are in soil cups, looks like they will all make it.

Smells are coming up nicely. SSH-Indica is the stinkiest so far, and at 27daysF, and it's really coming on strong before week 4. Grabed a couple of shots with the cellphone...

SSH-Ind smells like Pine sol chemical type smell. Berry too. Buds are already fat at 27 from the flip

Left F is SSH-Ind, Right F is ChemD, Rear Left, is Slurry, and Rear Right is SSH-Sat, middle is ECSD in coco. I'll do some nicer shots when I can. So much for a level canopy, I'm just glad they kinda fit.
There's four fans in there not including he 10" extraction fan. Two of those turbo ones pointing upward into back corner of the tent (where it often starts) and a occilating one down low, set on high to buzz the ladies 24/7 with a breeze that touches just above the tops of the soil, and blowing up through the bottom canopy of lowers. One more pointed up at the glass, that 1000w throws heat - making plant tissue temps of around 82F on the Slurry, and 78 on the others. Low of 62F, RH between 30-55%. Perfect conditions for flower. For now. Let's hope I get a dehumidifier before the rains comes, and the buds are fat. With about 5-8 weeks left on these, Slurry-to-ECSD, it looks like I'll the last flowers will be in the danger zone, April rains usually have a few days of persistent high RH, and enough swings to keep you on edge.

Mixing up some soil. I wish I did a few things different, and took a step backwards towards better quality...added some crab, and went back to higher coco content. Have a good sized tote to mix in. Highly mineralized, high CEC, heaps of calcium, high perosity, high fucking performance soil. ;) Should be pretty brixxy. I've run it rather medium high this run, we'll see how it goes. The Chem should do well in it, but if not, I'll load up the pot and then feed on top of it, she's a real pig, you can't not feed her, she'll take a shit in your hand...which is what I've been calling the variegation lol. This run she looks about the same as the last, which is fine by me. Next run will be better still. She's a real challenge. I may run her in coco, if I don't run into issues on this one. :)

Below is ECSD, Day 18Flower, in coco, feeding A&B 1.4ec in 100% Royal Gold Basement Mix (all coco), amended with organics and minerals. She's maybe my fourth ever plant in coco. I don't grow this way normally, but it was the fastest way to get her flowering. I flipped her in a 1g pot, then after she had already begun to flower, up-potted to a 3g pot. So she stalled out way less than a meter tall, maybe 28" or so, and about 10" from the brand new for this run, 1000w Horti bulb.... dead center. She'll look funny for this strain, as you don't normally see colas running, but she'll fill in. I wanted to keep her small but get her going too. I hope it's not too much root for this plant, making huge mold seeking buds .... (the PM... I know it's waiting...shhh) She's not yellow like she appears here, although she is lighter shade of green. Probably should get a coco based fert system if I want them to come out right. Might pick up the H&G if it's not obscene.

Slurricane, Day 27 Flower, she's a powerhouse, cranking it out, huge mf stump, pulled huge elephant ear fans.

I'll take out Slurry next, and will get some good pics, I don't even know what she looks like. I was in their to tye up the SSH-Sat, and she's looking pretty fine.

Tight in there but it sure is a beautiful sight. :bravo:

full

dayum cs looking good my brother its about time you got these out lol,they all look good you got your usual frosting going on,you no the ssh,ecsd are good after yeti's report i wonder if the slurry is going to stand up to your demanding pallet lol,good luck with your pm and mites sounds like your taking all the precautions,btw i bought a dehumidifier for a 1000 sq.ft room and it works good that bad boy will put your room at the r/h you want when theres a lot of humidity going on that thing pulls a half gal. of moisture from the air over night!:goodjob:

Look at that frost already! My Slurry had one of the biggest stalks I have had on an indoor plant along with frost similar to that. All the ladies are looking good! :thumb:

Yeah, she's a tall stump and leaf monster, but if you pull a few she looks like a model. :) Thanks elusive one. ;)

Absolutely gorgeous caretaker!!! Have u ever grown in coco. Is their a difference in flavor? I've heard the veg time is faster yield is higher

I've flowered like 3 plants total in coco lol... so I'm a still a coco noob. Flavor in coco has been a challenge to get right for me. I'll keep her greener longer to compensate. Coco with organics, I imagine might be a great way to use organics with high CEC. Veg is so much better with coco, they grow like they are in flower/soil... there's lots to like, and some downsides for me, like everything else, soil included. ;)
Tight in there but it sure is a beautiful sight. :bravo:

Lumpy, but it's green lol :) The smells are back. I was driving after washing my arms three times, and the stench was loud. When there's only 20 something days on the clock, that's real promising. Plants speak in smells... they are telling me they are happy.
dayum cs looking good my brother its about time you got these out lol,they all look good you got your usual frosting going on,you no the ssh,ecsd are good after yeti's report i wonder if the slurry is going to stand up to your demanding pallet lol,good luck with your pm and mites sounds like your taking all the precautions,btw i bought a dehumidifier for a 1000 sq.ft room and it works good that bad boy will put your room at the r/h you want when theres a lot of humidity going on that thing pulls a half gal. of moisture from the air over night!

Thanks brother man. The grills are looking and smelling sweet. The Slurry will be a nice to grow and work with, but I'm not counting on it being something I'm going to love smoking. The odds aren't in it's favor, but it could happen, that's why I tossed only one... I'm pretty sure these are show ponies, more than work horses, but they are fun as hell to grow, watch and drool over. Maybe this one will also do some good medical work when asked to. Sounds like just the dehumidifier I need. That and an H-Stat. Always shopping for my ladies :)

Ya super frosty already looking nice

Thanks Don, I'm hoping they keep pushing.

Some of the Chem D and the tent... 29 days today for all but the middle girl. Indics pheno SSH front left, ChemD front right, Slurry back left, and sativa pheno of SSH back right, ecsd in the middle

ChemD Day 29 I'm going to grow one in coco soon too. I've got another one in soil behind her, hope she likes the next new mix.

With a three month cure, she's got a golden crust, ChemD.

Back
Top Bottom