Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Hey Van,
If you were in a 4x2 tent, would you only run 1 SSH? By the looks of your healthy big lady, i just might go 1 plant in a 15gal.
My seeds came in about a week ago.
20200720_163553.jpg

Flower tent from heaven there Van :yummy:

Outdoor flowering for me usually starts anywhere between mid January and frost week of February - I figure that’s the equivalent of mid July to 2st week Aug for you so I’m sure you’ll be seeing flowering signs very soon.

:popcorn: And then they’ll go past the roof by the sounds of it!

Hey Van,
If you were in a 4x2 tent, would you only run 1 SSH? By the looks of your healthy big lady, i just might go 1 plant in a 15gal.
My seeds came in about a week ago.
20200720_163553.jpg
I would be very careful growing a SSH in a 15 gallon pot indoors. My girl is in a 19 gallon pot and is standing almost 8' and 5.5 feet wide. I know your light won't grow em like the sun will...but in that 4x2, I am assuming you are limited by height, no? Most 4x2 that I see are usually 48-60" tall. If you have ANY intention of growing in a big pot indoors, get ready for a large girl. You better be on point with your training if you are going to go in a 15 gallon pot in that size tent. Now if you aren't stuck at 48-60" tent height, you might be able to get away with it. It will also depend on your light and the minimum distance needed away from the plant. Gonna be tough if you are running a light that needs 18" of head space.

If it were me, I wouldn't go bigger than a 10 gallon in that space. Again my comments are based on the height restrictions that I assume you are under. If you have the head space, you might be alright in a 15. In all actuality, I would probably run one of each in a 7 gallon pot and get 2 strains to smoke instead of a shit ton of one. I love my variety.

Flower tent from heaven there Van :yummy:

Outdoor flowering for me usually starts anywhere between mid January and frost week of February - I figure that’s the equivalent of mid July to 2st week Aug for you so I’m sure you’ll be seeing flowering signs very soon.

:popcorn: And then they’ll go past the roof by the sounds of it!
Thanks Amy, I appreciate the info! :high-five: I figured I had to be close for a couple of the girls. The Afghani and Jack look like they are ready to start flowering for sure. A couple of the others, probably have a bit longer....hoping only a week or two! Hope things are well for you and your garden!! :passitleft:

I wanted to give you more accurate information. I called my buddy in NY and he said a couple of his girls are just in the last few days starting to show their pre-flowers so he figures another week and they will start flowering.
Ok, sounds similar to my girls. We are getting close......but nothing showing for sure.

Morning y'all! Hope everyone's garden is staying happy, healthy, green and pest free! Been a busy bit of time around the farm. We chopped down the mystery plant yesterday. It was a clone that I got from a buddy and turns out she is quite the yielder despite her looks.

I grew the mystery plant in a 5 gallon pot, where she vegged from clone for 55 days and flowered for 69 days for a total of 124 days grow time. I got the wet weights on her yesterday and she came in at 868 grams wet....from a 5 gallon. That will equate to somewhere between 175 and 215 grams or 6-7 ounces once dried. I will take that ALL DAY LONG from a 5 gallon pot!!! :headbanger:The buds smell amazing....definitely excited to try her. :Rasta:

We have also been doing a lot of work with the girls. They have been becoming a big time suck in terms of watering requirements so I have been resurrecting the old water bottle system in the flower tents, as well as working on a bigger version for the outdoor girls. We had some hiccups on the first prototypes and had to make some alterations but as of last night the 2nd attempt went very well with the tent. So that means I have to get them put up in the 2nd tent at some point today.

We got about an inch of rain last night. All the outdoor girls look amazing.....as always after a good thunderstorm rain. That water is just supercharged and the plants always show their appreciation. You just don't get that reaction from plants grown from tap water or well water. Rain water is definitely where its at!! Lets take a look at a few pics of them this morning shall we!

First up, Blue Dream from HSO. She probably grew an inch and a half to 2 inches in the last 12 hours. I also did my first foliar spray on the fence group 2 days ago. I wanted to hit them with something to try and keep these relentless bugs and beetles off of them.

She sprouted on 9 May so she's coming up on being 74 days old at this point.

Next up we have the Sour Pineapple. She was a clone that went into the pot on May 31st so she is 54 days old as of today. Pretty crazy growth rate for sure!! And she is growing so differently than her mom who is on day 25 of flower right now.

Speaking of the Mystery plant that we harvested yesterday....I took a couple cuts off her before flipping her and I through a cut in one of the outdoor blue pots. She got thrown in on June 8th so that puts her at about 45 days old.
She got a spraying from the pests a couple days ago as well. I am curious to see how she yields under the sun vs under the Spydrx.

Lets take a peek at the Stank Genetics girls and see how they are doing. First up is the KBTF or Kushberry Thunderfuck. She's filling out into a big bowl shape where her lowers are coming up and almost wrapping themselves around the plant. The pic doesn't really show it, but for lack of a better description, that's what it looks like to me lol. She is standing right at 6 feet 3 inches tall. She went into this pot on June 7th from her 2 gallon pot.

Then we have the Stankberry. She has taken over as the biggest girl, both in terms of height and diameter in the fence group. She's coming in just under 7' tall right now and closing in 5' in diameter. She's definitely got that christmas tree shape going on! Like her sister, she went into the blue pot on June 7th so they have 46 days in the big pots. I'd say they settled in nicely.

Last one of the Stank Genetics is the DTF. She is about an inch shorter than the Stankberry but she has a much narrower footprint than her bigger sister. The branches are also incredibly stout on the DTF.

That covers the fence group. What about the Deck girls? Ah yes....the Deck girls. Man they are getting big. I gotta move one of these off the deck but I want to wait til it starts flowering so the deer won't eat it. I can't even access the grill on the deck anymore. I guess thats not a terrible problem to have.

First one of the Deck girls is the Sensi Afghani. She just continues to get bigger and bigger. She's the one that looks the closest to being 'flowering'. I am hoping that in another week I will be able to say she's officially in flower. :popcorn: She went into this pot on May 15th so she's got 68 days in that pot

Beside the Afghani is perhaps the sleeper of this group....the Sour Cherries. For those paying attention, she was the one that got put into soil amended on that same day and she didn't like the hot soil for the first 2 to 3 weeks she was in it. But man after she settled into it and it cooled down, she took the F off!!! She went into her pot on May 7th so she is on day 77 in her pot

And last for this update is the biggest girl of the bunch....Greenhouse Seeds Super Silver Haze. She went into this pot on June 1st so that puts her on day 53 in this pot. She is right at 8 feet tall and almost 6 feet across. And she doesn't appear to be slowing down.

And don't you just love the new growth....man they love the rain!!

They all look awesome but the SSH has my heart.
She is awesome, but I fear she won't finish. I knew it going into it...and I will likely regret it but man she has been a fun ride so far. Just watching how differently they grow outdoors is amazing. Indoor is cool an all.....but there is NOTHING like watching them grow under the sun.

I am SO jealous!! Beautiful, just absolutely beautiful.

Thanks Beez!! Its a treat to be able to step outside and be greeted by these beautiful ladies. And best part is Ms Stank doesn't get too jealous of me drooling all over them! Not sure how she feels when she wakes up at 2am and finds me frolicking with their sisters down in the basement!!
Unbelievable Stanks!! :bravo:

Hey HH! And thank you! Good to see you swing though!

Hey HH! And thank you! Good to see you swing though!
Oh I’m keepin tabs on you guys! Lol, Jack Herer is a personal fave and I’m eagerly awaiting my own Afghani too. Watching you venture outdoors is a show I’m so diggity down for :popcorn::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom