Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Great times, great company and amazing Ribs!! couldn't ask for anything better....well maybe some more bbq:drool: were not done yet brother lol I'll be there for the final chop.
hey everyone!! sorry haven't been on here much hope all is well guys:passitleft:
Those ribs were incredible......I want to do more soon. We killed those left overs real quick.....BBQ pork pizza, left over ribs, every morsel was devoured.

I finishing up trimming the Afghani right now. Trim prison sucks ass!!

Those ribs were incredible......I want to do more soon. We killed those left overs real quick.....BBQ pork pizza, left over ribs, every morsel was devoured.

I finishing up trimming the Afghani right now. Trim prison sucks ass!!
It was hard saving some for lunch Tuesday .. Mac salad was amazing also! BBQ buffet and pizza lol I’m down

A couple years ago I reversed a Sensi Northern Light plant to make a bunch of seeds. I took some of the pollen from that project and dusted a couple buds on a Nuke Head Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 plant and ended up with about 40 seeds. A friend grew two out last summer outside and had to trim them from on a step ladder as they reached 11 feet tall. His smoke report was extremely flattering and so I decided to grow one this summer myself. Here is a photo taken today of one of the buds. It is at flip +56 days today. She will definitely go 70 days at which time I'll look at her trichromes very closely as she'll be very close or ready.

A couple years ago I reversed a Sensi Northern Light plant to make a bunch of seeds. I took some of the pollen from that project and dusted a couple buds on a Nuke Head Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 plant and ended up with about 40 seeds. A friend grew two out last summer outside and had to trim them from on a step ladder as they reached 11 feet tall. His smoke report was extremely flattering and so I decided to grow one this summer myself. Here is a photo taken today of one of the buds. It is at flip +56 days today. She will definitely go 70 days at which time I'll look at her trichromes very closely as she'll be very close or ready.
Wow! What are you naming the strain? I’m not too familiar with the protocol but it does deserve a name no?

Stanks, those outdoor potted girls are just too much, my heart can't take it..

Beez, very nice!
Gaffle, thank you bud! They were definitely a site to see in person!

We were working on a lot of clean up from the season today. Got all the pots of soil from the girls that were chopped reclaimed and onto a tarp to start breaking down. Its basically our prep work for next years outdoor growing season.

Those are the root balls from the 19 gallon pots after sitting for either a week or two weeks. Once the roots have broken down enough that I can break the balls of soil up, I will reamend with a few basic items to breakdown over the winter.

Also took a small branch off the lone plant we grew in the actual veggie garden soil. This plant is certainly nothing to look at....as she got her ass kicked seven ways from sunday by several storms. She got knocked over and was barely standing 2 feet off the ground without me propping her up. Despite that...she actually stands a bit over 6 feet tall and easily has the biggest buds on any plant I have ever grown.

The amazing thing about this plant is that she was grown with squash and cucumbers all around her. No big deal until the PM hit at the end of the season. This plant had squash vines growing through it covered in PM and she didn't even blink. No PM until just a few days ago. She went the whole August and September months in a cesspool of PM and didn't show any signs.

The other amazing thing about this plant was that after I transplanted it in July, I only watered it three times. After the third time (in August) I said I wouldn't water it until I saw signs that she was thirsty. I didn't water her after that.

Here she is after I propped her up. I know that the pic doesn't do her justice, but this is going to be a 2 lb plant EASILY.

I took a branch off her.....a small branch, about 10 inches long off her. Look at these freaking buds!!! They are massive. I have shared with @FutRfarmer a measurement I like to use, one of my own, called Bud to Branch ratio. I have seen other breeders talk about leaf to calyx ratio, which I get, but that doesn't really describe how much of a yielder the strain is....just how easy it will be to trim. The Leaf to Calyx ratio is a good measurement for ease of trimming, but Bud to Branch ratio is one measurement I like to use. Well this DTF is a perfect 10/10 on the Bud to Branch ratio. No wasted space on the branches....the branch basically turns into a stick of buds.

I weighed the branch for shits and giggles and it came in at 75 grams wet. Thats going to equate to 15 grams dried....from 6 buds off a 10 inch branch.

Now the bad news is I let it go a bit too long. We got hit with about 4 inches of rain over the last couple days and very cool temps (night time in mid 30s) and I'm seeing a good bit of bud rot. So, she will be coming down tomorrow. Not bad for an extra plant that I was going to toss but decided to throw in the ground after she got root bound in her little 2 gallon pot. Not a sexy plant, but she's the biggest yielder to date.....EASILY.

Highya VS,

Something about being in the ground. They can get so big!! Yours is living proof (at least, for a few more minutes). Great job this year! I used to let mine get so big, but I climbed a stepladder to check top buds, and the ladder broke while I was on it. So now, I top all ladies so I don't need the ladder anymore. Plants don't get so tall, but more manageable. Happy Smokin'

Not shabby at all.:bravo:

No....especially considering that she will end up being the largest yielder of the entire batch!! I'm chopping her today so we will know if she hits the 2 lb mark here in a week or so.

It's funny because I was looking at those root balls and all the roots tangled up and bound solid at the bottom, and thought to myself "I wonder how much more productive they would have been if they had been in the ground?" Then I scroll down and you answered my question! Great plant Van. :thumb:

Yeah I told Ms Stank that I would like to run a couple more in the ground next year. She is all for anything that will give her back her deck LOL. I just need a cage or something for support, the wind beats em to shit here. I
Highya VS,

Something about being in the ground. They can get so big!! Yours is living proof (at least, for a few more minutes). Great job this year! I used to let mine get so big, but I climbed a stepladder to check top buds, and the ladder broke while I was on it. So now, I top all ladies so I don't need the ladder anymore. Plants don't get so tall, but more manageable. Happy Smokin'

Hey Bode!

Yeah ladders are dangerous. I needed one for all the Stank Genetics girls as they were all 8 feet plus. I think next year I'll go shorter and more bushy.

She got a short reprieve as I didn't have any H2O2 for the bud wash bucket. She's coming down today, along with a small BCP and a Super Lemon Haze. Cheers brother!!

Its been a bit since I have posted any updates on the indoor girls. I don't have much going indoors that you all haven't seen me grow before, so these will be reruns for some of you.

In the Flower tent under the Next Light Mega we are currently running 4 plants in 5 gallon pots. We have BCP (In-House), Gorilla Glue#4 (Grandpa Token cut), Afghani (Sensi Seeds), and Alien OG. They are all coming up on day 40 in flower.

Black Cherry Punch (Clone) - In-House Genetics - Flower Day 39

Gorilla Glue #4 (Clone) - Grandpa Token - Flower Day 39

I will be up-potting some smaller stuff (clones from the outdoor grow) in prep for taking the place of the girls in the Mega Light flower tent. Most likely the next batch will be a cutting of the outdoor Blue Dream, clone of the Maine cut of MOB (Mother of Berries), Garlic Sherbert, Green Crack, and one more yet to be named.

I like to give my up-pots 2 weeks minimum after up pot before flipping. It goes a long way in maximizing yields. I know a lot of people like to up pot and flip, but I don't get good yields doing that. I get much better yields giving the girls 2-3 weeks to fill that pot up with roots before flowering them out. The extra time pays off in the long run!!

Back
Top Bottom