Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Thanks brother! Finished getting everything thing into jars this weekend. Man harvesting just kills my neck and shoulders anymore.....gotta get to the Doc and get this looked at. Been 2.5 months since I jacked it up and its getting worse. Don't think the answer lies in smoking more pot LOL. I didn't want to look at my laptop or a cell phone for the last couple days.....looking down is so freaking painful anymore. Its getting to be very uncomfortable just to sit anymore...definitely not good, but whatcha gonna do right?

So the final numbers are in for the Afghani, Gorilla Glue and Labyrinth.

Afghani - 120 grams (not counting testers) - 7 gallon pot

Gorilla Glue #4 - 108 grams (not counting testers) - 5 gallon pot

Labyrinth - 155 grams (not counting testers) - 8 gallon pot

None of those numbers are in the range I am used to seeing but we will get there. I knew yields would go down a good bit growing in 55-57 degree temps. When growing in good environmental conditions, I generally see about 30 grams per gallon of soil on good yielding strains. I think my best to date has been 37 grams per gallon. The good news is that the cold temps should only persist for a couple more months.

Ms Stank and I started working on the basement a bit. We ripped out all the old insulation (Yuck) in the basement ceiling. Going to start insulating all the pipes down there. They were a source of constant condensation in the warmer months. Then I gotta start cleaning up and labeling all the wiring down there. There isn't a whole lot we can do in the basement until we know the work we had done has solved our water issue down there.....but we will do as much of the little stuff as we can until then. We still have a lot of planning left to do. Just gotta get this neck/shoulder issue looked at.
Ahoy Mr Stank,
Your harvest numbers and explanation of your targets is just what I am looking for. I just pulled a Northern that I thought would break the scale, but she only put out 105 grams @ 62% r/h. I have three more coming down that all look bigger than the first. I wish I could bookmark this post of yours so I can come back and compare results. I had never thought in terms of grams per gallon, but I like the model. I am gonna have to look at your gig closer to see if our lights and such are comparable. Sounds like your in the basement and so am I. No control over humidity with an open well that probably dont help my garden, and my walls are bare wood instead of reflective, ect.

Trying to figure out if my results are even close to a good gardener like yourself. Some of the big dog gardeners I run with make peeing in the tall grass a real bummer, for a little guy new to the scene. They talk about a pound per plant, I give my best and only get a quarter.

Thanks for the info already :)

Thanks brother! Finished getting everything thing into jars this weekend. Man harvesting just kills my neck and shoulders anymore.....gotta get to the Doc and get this looked at. Been 2.5 months since I jacked it up and its getting worse. Don't think the answer lies in smoking more pot LOL. I didn't want to look at my laptop or a cell phone for the last couple days.....looking down is so freaking painful anymore. Its getting to be very uncomfortable just to sit anymore...definitely not good, but whatcha gonna do right?

So the final numbers are in for the Afghani, Gorilla Glue and Labyrinth.

Afghani - 120 grams (not counting testers) - 7 gallon pot

Gorilla Glue #4 - 108 grams (not counting testers) - 5 gallon pot

Labyrinth - 155 grams (not counting testers) - 8 gallon pot

None of those numbers are in the range I am used to seeing but we will get there. I knew yields would go down a good bit growing in 55-57 degree temps. When growing in good environmental conditions, I generally see about 30 grams per gallon of soil on good yielding strains. I think my best to date has been 37 grams per gallon. The good news is that the cold temps should only persist for a couple more months.

Ms Stank and I started working on the basement a bit. We ripped out all the old insulation (Yuck) in the basement ceiling. Going to start insulating all the pipes down there. They were a source of constant condensation in the warmer months. Then I gotta start cleaning up and labeling all the wiring down there. There isn't a whole lot we can do in the basement until we know the work we had done has solved our water issue down there.....but we will do as much of the little stuff as we can until then. We still have a lot of planning left to do. Just gotta get this neck/shoulder issue looked at.
The old insulation.... I’m not looking forward to this part either

Ahoy Mr Stank,
Your harvest numbers and explanation of your targets is just what I am looking for. I just pulled a Northern that I thought would break the scale, but she only put out 105 grams @ 62% r/h. I have three more coming down that all look bigger than the first. I wish I could bookmark this post of yours so I can come back and compare results. I had never thought in terms of grams per gallon, but I like the model. I am gonna have to look at your gig closer to see if our lights and such are comparable. Sounds like your in the basement and so am I. No control over humidity with an open well that probably dont help my garden, and my walls are bare wood instead of reflective, ect.

Trying to figure out if my results are even close to a good gardener like yourself. Some of the big dog gardeners I run with make peeing in the tall grass a real bummer, for a little guy new to the scene. They talk about a pound per plant, I give my best and only get a quarter.

Thanks for the info already :)

I generally like to track a few different things in my grows. You are catching the tail end of a variety grow (smaller plants...smaller pots....more variety....fill some jars) instead of what I normally do which is grow for maximum yields in my space.

I like to track the pot size to yield so I know what my soil mixes are generally giving me. I tweak my recipe here and there just cause I hate doing everything the same all the time. I spent 22 years in the Marine Corps living under strict rules and ways of living......I don't care for a lot of rules and hell, I like trying new stuff to see what it does. You can't improve unless you change.....its impossible. Not all change is improvement though! So figuring out what to change, thats the first question. Followed by, What to change it to..... :hmmmm: :rolleyes: But I digress LOL

So gram per gallon of soil seemed like the most logical measurement to track. (Tracking the right thing is imperative...especially if don't want to go down rabbit holes). But that alone isn't a true indication of how you are doing as a gardener. Someone can veg the hell out of a plant for 6 months and get a great yield relative to pot size....but does that yield paint a true picture. Not in my eyes....time is just as key of a component as the yield to me. So when I am tracking for max yields, I like to include grams per day. That is grams per day of the entire grow...not just flower. Flower allows you a loophole of vegging the shit outta something for months and months and then flipping it saying "Dude I just yielded a pound in 10 gallon pot". They sure did....but in the mean time I ran three cycles through my tents and got more than that "pound" they got.

When my soil is on point and the environment is on point, a good plant will yield me over 1.5 grams per day of the entire grow....from seed to harvest. A great plant will get me over 2 grams per day. Now that Northern Lights that just won Plant of the Year pulled off over 3 grams per day and yielded just over a pound with a 70 day veg period. She also pulled exceeded the 30 gram per gallon mark.

For shits and giggles, I checked my records....the Labyrinth was vegged 91 days and flowered 67 days for 158 days and was grown in an 8 gallon pot with a 155 gram yield. That gives me 19.4 grams per gallon and .98 grams per day. The Gorilla Glue was vegged for 51 days and flowered 64 days while being grown in a 5 gallon pot and yielding me 108 grams. That gives me 21.6 grams per gallon and .94 grams per day. Fairly comparable on paper for the most part....and not much other than quality of smoke to determine which strain is best for me to run.

Tracking these numbers allows me to see which strains are really giving me most bang for my buck since we are in one of the most expensive areas for electrical service in the country. Lets me see if its worth continuing to run a strain. So grams per day....and grams per gallon of soil. Finding the highest quality strains that will grade high in those two measurements is my goal when growing that way.

The old insulation.... I’m not looking forward to this part either
Man it was pretty freaking gross....I recommend getting respirator instead of using the breathing masks. It was nasty, nasty NASTY. We are only halfway done right now. We have everything on one side of the basement while we do the other side. Still gotta move everything to the opposite side and rip down the insulation off the other side. How high are your basement ceilings? Luckily I could reach up and just rip it out.....Ms Stank had to stop, get off the step, move it, climb back up and keep repeating. Made it much easier for me to just roll a whole strip up with the lining on the outside so it wasn't as nasty. Somehow not seeing all the nasty stuff fall out makes it not as gross. I still know its there...but I don't see it :D

Man it was pretty freaking gross....I recommend getting respirator instead of using the breathing masks. It was nasty, nasty NASTY. We are only halfway done right now. We have everything on one side of the basement while we do the other side. Still gotta move everything to the opposite side and rip down the insulation off the other side. How high are your basement ceilings? Luckily I could reach up and just rip it out.....Ms Stank had to stop, get off the step, move it, climb back up and keep repeating. Made it much easier for me to just roll a whole strip up with the lining on the outside so it wasn't as nasty. Somehow not seeing all the nasty stuff fall out makes it not as gross. I still know its there...but I don't see it :D
I'm lucky!! house was built in 99 and I have a dry walk out basement that's finished, but the insulation is still nasty shit to deal with and will still have 21 years of shit! also I have 9 foot ceilings so I'll be up and down the latter. My back is already hurting. good call on the respirator I'll also get eye hugging goggles fooook it. I just hate insulation :passitleft: I know exactly what you mean about not seeing it making it easier haha

Hats off to your 22. I did 10 with the Marines learning to play with the planes. Got recruited by the airlines and separated from service. Retired from airlines at 55 but the Best 10 of my life was active duty Marine.

Congrats on the harvests Van! Just getting caught up :rolleyes: .

When my soil is on point and the environment is on point, a good plant will yield me over 1.5 grams per day of the entire grow....from seed to harvest. A great plant will get me over 2 grams per day.
I'm feeling pretty good about last summer now! I had a couple of 2s and the rest were in the mid 1s except a runt. Ever since you first mentioned g/day I've been keeping track. Great stat. :thanks:

Hats off to your 22. I did 10 with the Marines learning to play with the planes. Got recruited by the airlines and separated from service. Retired from airlines at 55 but the Best 10 of my life was active duty Marine.
I got out and was working as a sub contractor for Siemens Medical (installing CTs, PET-CTs, MRIs, etc) for 4 years before I blew my back out. Never saw my life taking this turn, but I have embraced it fully!! :ganjamon:

Congrats on the harvests Van! Just getting caught up :rolleyes: .

I'm feeling pretty good about last summer now! I had a couple of 2s and the rest were in the mid 1s except a runt. Ever since you first mentioned g/day I've been keeping track. Great stat. :thanks:

Hey Shed, good to see ya around here brother! Glad to see someone else using that stat as well. I'm kinda on pause with it until I get my temps up where they need to be.

I just ran the numbers if I did it correct for that Northern I mentioned.
35 days above surface veg mode
55 days of flower
105 grams / 90 days = 1.16 grams per day
105 grams/5 gal = 21 Grams per gallon.

Many thanks my brother.
Noticed my veg times are way shorter, probably way too short for the big yields.
Sorry about jamming your thread.

I just ran the numbers if I did it correct for that Northern I mentioned.
35 days above surface veg mode
55 days of flower
105 grams / 90 days = 1.16 grams per day
105 grams/5 gal = 21 Grams per gallon.

Many thanks my brother.
Noticed my veg times are way shorter, probably way too short for the big yields.
Sorry about jamming your thread.
Those are solid numbers man!

There is never jamming this thread......its an open thread brother. All questions or topics are welcome. Only thing off limits are any personal attacks. There are some questions asked a couple dozen times here.....they generally involve water bottles in corners, but I am sure we will get around to that at some point LOL.

Hey man I just read your whole thread, and I know I saw it mentioned a couple dozen times, but what are those bottles strapped to the corner of your tent frame for???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Colostomy bags!
:laugh:

Dem Stank Genetics is da shit!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm lucky!! house was built in 99 and I have a dry walk out basement that's finished, but the insulation is still nasty shit to deal with and will still have 21 years of shit! also I have 9 foot ceilings so I'll be up and down the latter. My back is already hurting. good call on the respirator I'll also get eye hugging goggles fooook it. I just hate insulation :passitleft: I know exactly what you mean about not seeing it making it easier haha
Make sure you're covered head to toe...shit will be falling on you. Literally lol. I haven't seen that much mouse poop since cleaning out my brothers attic. Disgusting!

Hey man I just read your whole thread, and I know I saw it mentioned a couple dozen times, but what are those bottles strapped to the corner of your tent frame for???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm gonna bring em back......still my favorite way to water!

Back
Top Bottom