Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

I’m curious what the lineage is on their Afghani. Like what regions they came from. Been starting to research some of the landraces from that area....there’s a bunch. Lol.

Congrats on Plant of the year @Van Stank - that's 2 in a row now. Yer on a roll.

My Slurricane never grew massive buds, but what she lacked in bud size she made up for with density. Seriously some of the hardest nugs I have ever grown. Only one of two strains that I could fit 5 ounces of in a 1/2 gallon jar. Most strains I am lucky if I can get more than 2 ounces in a half gallon.

This ^^^

Congrats on Plant of the year @Van Stank - that's 2 in a row now. Yer on a roll.

This ^^^
Thanks brother......was really hoping to have entered and won it with that Monster DTF girl I had going last year. If the funk wouldn't have claimed her, she would have been a sight to see. Don't get me wrong, I loved the NL and she is still one of my favorite structured plants I've grown, but what I had done with that DTF in regards to training was kinda spectacular. Thought it would have been cool to win with my own strain in my own homemade soil. Oh well....definitely think that NL was spectacular as well. Not a lot plants hit the 1 pound mark indoors in soil, and she did with only a 70 day veg period. I knew I had something special with her on day 20 LOL. I still have about a gram of her left.

Did u try the GG4 today

???????????

I did.....I didn't smoke any sativas or anything before setting her on fire. She's really nice man. Not my preference for starting the day, more of an evening or late afternoon strain. Probably not the best way to test her......harvesting two plants....but that says something about her, she got me through two plants LOL. She has a very nice flavor as well....with a nice piney aftertaste. Wish I had more of all the testers.....but soon enough I suppose. I do have more of the Labyrinth but I'm gonna save that for another day. You are gonna like the Glue brother!

Monster DTF - that was the plant that big VEG plant that did the exit stage left?? That was a monster.
1# indoors aint bad, hard as hell to manage, ceilings aint tall enough. But still that's quite a feat. I've never done that, got close but plants just outta hand that size.

Glad you liked it. That went fast! lol

I guess after your story and her performing that well... 2020 will be DTF of the year buddy :high-five: She looked so great, and the love of a own grown bean... yeah this might become your hattrick in 2020...

And if not ... your new nighttime med will prevent you from to much worries before sleep:laughtwo:

Monster DTF - that was the plant that big VEG plant that did the exit stage left?? That was a monster.
1# indoors aint bad, hard as hell to manage, ceilings aint tall enough. But still that's quite a feat. I've never done that, got close but plants just outta hand that size.

Glad you liked it. That went fast! lol

That was her! She had over 50 tops that were 6" or more. Just up n fooking died on me. That one was hard to swallow losing. Perfect plant to essentially dead in like two weeks. I was scrolling through some old pics of her just a few days ago.

Morning y'all! Started the day off with a bit of Panama Haze :ganjamon: That is a nice smoke. I think I pick up hints of menthol at the train end....so makes me think there is some of the mint that Ms Stank said she was picking up while I was trimming her off the stems. I didn't pick it up at all.....all I was getting was her dominant Lemon scent.

It always amazes me how different this incredible plant can be....especially as you get to experience the complete opposite ends of the spectrum (landrace indicas, sativas, hybrids). Speaking of landrace indicas, how about that Afghani! She stomped me good last night...with a very small amount left over from the superbowl night. I think I smoked about half a bowl....enough for one really deep, full hit in the bong at like 10pm. Ms Stank and I were going to watch some Youtube on raising chickens cause we are wanting to build our chicken coupe and get things rolling on that this spring. I think I got about 20 minutes into the video and my eyelids just felt filled with led.

Ms Stank asks me....."Hey, are you watching this?" I mumble with sincere effort "I'm trying to watch it". Needless to say I didn't succeed and apparently I was snoring there on the couch shortly there after. By the way.....there is a lot to learn about raising chickens apparently. Who would have known there is such a thing as 'crusty butt'. I woke up around midnight and finished the harvest of the Afghani and Grandpa Glue LOL. I had done everything except wash the buds so I managed to do that task in a haze of Afghani hangover. Wished I had a bit more left cause by the time I finished washing and hanging the buds, I was awake. :rolleyes:

Gotta say, doing two plant harvests isn't something I really enjoy. Was glad to get it over but I think I'll stick to one plant a day going forward. Just kills the neck and shoulders. I have the Labyrinth on the slate for harvest today, but I also have to do some up potting before I start that. Gonna up-pot the Balls Deep ladies today and a couple of the reveg clones from the Labyrinth and Jack Herer that have been hanging out in solo cups for about 45 days now. Apparently my buddy really likes the Jack so I am going to run it again. Its very nice tasting and chill, but I think I have better options for that but if he likes it...I'll run it another round.

She was grown in a 7 gallon pot....veg time I can't remember but I think about 75-80. Yield....she just got cut down yesterday so no weights yet. I think its probably about 4-5 zips.

The Glue was grown in a 5 gallon pot but was only vegged 51 days. I think she will yield around 3 zips...maybe 3.5 tops but I think closer to 3.

I think all my yields are suffering from the cold basement temps (55-58 degrees in the basement and the tents are a little warmer but still in the lower to mid 60s with lights on. These are lower than I normally get and the only variable that has changed are the temps. I imagine the summer time numbers should be better. I don't see the same energy in the plants with these cooler temps.

Looking forward to the Labyrinth.
I’m curious what the lineage is on their Afghani. Like what regions they came from. Been starting to research some of the landraces from that area....there’s a bunch. Lol.
Yes i was curious about that area the hindu kush mountains and the himalayans because they always had the most amazing charas i call it now but we just called it hash back then. Decided i will make charas out of the hindu kush sensi lowers this round. Trick is too. Use fresh flowers and roll them between your palms slowly until the trichs/resins stick to your palms.Not sure how much material you have to run but 7 to 9 grams is a full day of squeezing your huckleberries. When your hands are sticky black rub them together vigorously to flake hash onto butcher paper/parchment/newspaper underneath. Then just press it into balls.

Back
Top Bottom