Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Fan, time to chop and trim and hang imo. Congrats bro. Nice grow, excellent flush, and now for the dry and cure. Congrats! :)

Thank you guys for going through my first with me! I cannot wait to update you guys with some totals on weight.. I just started chopping a little at a time. This is gonna be a long tedious process but not complaining!

So the chopping has begun! Ive only made it about 1/3 of the way so far and am now taking a break.

Some super sticky sweet stuff here guys. I have a small ball of finger hash already and haven't put a dent in her yet. Doing what I would consider a 85-90% trim job now and will to some final touches before it's jar time.
Saving all of the fans that have any glands on them and trimmed sugar leaves for a batch of butter so I can make some cookies with those.

I did invest in those 62% Boveda packs for the jars so that should help.

Heres a pic. ONLY 1/3rd OR SO CHOPPED SO FAR.
IMG_053932.JPG

OK, I'm done trimming and chopping for the night. Still have about a small third of the plant to chop.

IMG_054029.JPG

So far what is trimmed is coming in at 1 pound 8.2oz wet.
With that, I'm going to guess that with what is left on the plant I will probably be just shy of 2# wet trimmed like seen.

Heres the wet trimmed bud

IMG_054132.JPG

I will get you guys some close ups of the buds here soon. These buds are pretty loaded with red hairs and they are very glittery in the light.

3 small rows hanging for the night.

IMG_054232.JPG

If just under 2# wet when I finish chopping the plant, trimmed as shown, what you guys guessing? Think I hit my 4oz goal after cure and final trimming and steming?

Wow and holy cow. The fade and yield are outstanding!
Cant wait to see where this winds up. Congrats Fanleaf, ya did yourself proud.
:goodjob:

Nice grow, Fan:thumb: Most estimates would have about 75% weight loss (wish I could do that with myself) when dried.

Thanks Golfer!

If I get 25% that would be fine and dandy with me. May be a little less than 25% of the just under 2# figure though because that weight still had some goot stems on them as you can see in the pics.

Heck, if I get 20% that should still get me well over my 4oz goal! I guess we will see soon.

Also man with the Bovedas it has been my experience that they don't remove humidity from bud well. I had some bud around 67% and my 62s wouldn't move it down any. Some say they add moisture better than removing it.

Nice grow, Fan:thumb: Most estimates would have about 75% weight loss (wish I could do that with myself) when dried.

Fan,
You are likely to double your projections. Looking at about 8 oz after d- stemming and good dry.
Be careful with the bovidas.
IME, the smell of your flowers can be compromised (diminished or muted) if they aren't dried well before you put in your jars.
Recommended you use the Boviedas for long term storage and NOT as a curing agent.

Fan,
You are likely to double your projections. Looking at about 8 oz after d- stemming and good dry.
Be careful with the bovidas.
IME, the smell of your flowers can be compromised (diminished or muted) if they aren't dried well before you put in your jars.
Recommended you use the Boviedas for long term storage and NOT as a curing agent.

Thank you Stage. I will use that advice!

So today I jarred up all of the bud and filled 5 quart jars. Each with a small RH meter reading 50%. Within about 2 hours the RH humidity readings went up to about 70-72% humidity in the jars and stayed there. At that point I hope I did the correct thing by emptying the jars back out and putting all of the bud on a screen back in a 50% RH dark room. Did I do the right thing by pulling it back out for another day of further drying?

Fan leaf
I believe you are right on.
When the rh in the jar goes above 70% you want to lay the buds out for a while till they feel dry on the outside then place back in jars. Watch your meter and repeat over next few days. Once the meter reads 70% or less you will open the jars less. Your goal is to get the buds between 60 and 65%. Once they are in that zone is called the cure zone. The longer your buds are in the zone the better the cure.

FINAL HARVEST!
Well I laid it all out for about 8 more hours total today and I think we are right where it needs to be now. It's been sitting in the jars for a few a bit now and RH is seeming to stay between 65 and 67% as it is now. I got it weighed as I put it into jars again. Ended up with 204 grams!!!!!
7.19 ounces dried and stemmed! Well over my goal of 4oz!
For future dries I may kick down the ventilation a little more right off the bat. The dry only took 3 days. Not sure if that's a little quick but It's dry and becoming RH stable.

That may drop just a sliver more grams but not much.

A little later tonight maybe I'll get some pics up for some bud shots.

SMOKE TEST

At this point this is some of the best bud I've ever smoked and I'm not just saying that because I grew it. It's very very potent! If you want to kick back with a mild buzz 2 hits of the bowl is all you need. If you want to take away some pain in the ankles and knees (me) 3-4 hits and your smoked! It's already very very smooth, not harsh even for my gf who don't smoke very much at all so watching her inhale and not choking or coughing a lung up proved it to me. Very very sweet after taste! Even after handling the bud you want to lick your finger because it has a really nice sweet flavor and it's sticky! The menthol like taste and smell I reported a while back before the dry and cure started isn't really there anymore. The bud has a very very citrus and piney smell with a bit of skunk and a taste that matches it. Very fruity taste is how I would describe it in a few words. I truly enjoy this weed!

On another note.
Even though the trichomes are 55-60% amber it's not a couch lock high for me. Earlier today I took a few tokes and found myself wanting to get a little work done. Probably because I was hurting less. And the last few days I've been smoking some I also think it actually kills my appetite! WTF is that?? I really want nothing to do with food until well after the buzz is gone. I have experienced that before with other weed and I'm glad this does the same. I've never really gotten the "munchies" from any weed but this does seem to be a suppressant to me.

REGRETS

I should have cloned this bitch! I fucked up by not doing it. It was my 1st grow and I didn't want to complicate anything any further than was already. She grew really fast and full. Harvested in a relatively short flower time with great harvest of snowy compact bud. I have more of the same seed but who knows if it's from the same parents or not. I do have the trunk and some stems in the pot and I'm considering trying to bring it back under 24/0 light and reveging to see if I can get some leafs to grow from the 1 foot tall trunk and 4 or 5 stems coming off of it.

CANNABUTTER COMING UP SOOM FROM THE SUGAR LEAVES AND FANS THAT SHOWED GLANDS!

BUD PICS

PICS COMING SOON!

Congrats Fanleaf!!!
Wonderful post man. I feel like I was standing on your left waiting for my turn. :)
You clearly have a green thumb. Not many can pull of this type of yield on a 1st time indoor grow.
You need to take a bow, hit the blunt or bowl and exhale knowing mission accomplished.
I agree on the ventilation during dry. Ideally a 5 to 7 day dry is a good time frame to shoot for.
Invite me to your next grow my dude. Front row center. :high-five:

I see you thinking about a re-veg. Um.... well one thing about re-veg is that they are very difficult to train.
Be aware the growth pattern changes drastically. I struggled to keep the plant canopy even during reveg.
With your training skills, I'm sure you will be fine tho.:Namaste:

Congrats Fanleaf!!!
Wonderful post man. I feel like I was standing on your left waiting for my turn. :)
You clearly have a green thumb. Not many can pull of this type of yield on a 1st time indoor grow.
You need to take a bow, hit the blunt or bowl and exhale knowing mission accomplished.
I agree on the ventilation during dry. Ideally a 5 to 7 day dry is a good time frame to shoot for.
Invite me to your next grow my dude. Front row center. :high-five:

I see you thinking about a re-veg. Um.... well one thing about re-veg is that they are very difficult to train.
Be aware the growth pattern changes drastically. I struggled to keep the plant canopy even during reveg.

The re-veg idea was for a slightly different goal. I'm not sure if it's even possible but what I wanted to do was see if I can get any new growth, even just a few branches is all I may need.

I was thinking if I can get a few new branches I could spray one with Tiresias mist and turn a branch male to get her to pollinate herself and make her own fem seeds that are 100% her genes. Is it slightly possible? If so, I almost feel obligated to try. This girl grew so fast and so big in just a 1 month veg and I couldn't be happier with the end result. I put a 150W Advanced LED over her stems just an hour ago on 24/7. Not sure if that's how to start but that's where I'm at now. Maybe I should start another thread on my re-veg and sex change on a branch attempt? That may be cool if it works.

Will do a slower dry for sure then on the next go round.. 1st grow and first dry so now it gave me a bit of a feeling of what to improve on next time.

Next grow will be several autos I have on hand and I'm gonna blast that small grow area I have with BIG amounts of LED wattage. Maybe 75-80 actual watts per square foot. I'll invite you for sure Stage, I enjoyed having you with me on this one for sure!

If you do let me know. I will Sub and be down for the front row seat. If it works I will be using that myself. Please please pretty please try it. lol :)

I'm on it. I'll start the thread and put a link in to it in here later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom