Stevehman's Advanced LED's Height Test - 720W - Gigabud - Grow 5.0

Thanks Kotton Mouthe, it all started out with a single 180 and a dream :)

Slowly building up the setup until I have stage 5 in full effect! (two 4x8 tents, undercurrent and 1,800watts per tent-three 600s or 3 three 800s, but that would be 2,400 watts).

Some of the pistils are starting to change already. Gigabud is supposed to be a 55 day finisher, so they're past the halfway mark tomorrow. I have a feeling they are going to be some fat little girls by the middle of October--just in time for trick-or-treat.

I'll be there trick or treating, you better gimme a cola, fuck that sugar candy stuff!!! BRING THE GREEN!!!!!

They are looking totally awesome and putting out like your ladies always do. Your wife must be patient and super tolerant.. we never hear about complaints of you spending so much time with your other girls!!

whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock!

links please, links. And pics, many pics.

OG, do you have a link to all the parts? Sounds like a fun project. I will have to brush up on C though, last time I used that was more than 20 years ago.

Like JZ said, check out the homepage. Started in Italy, now worldwide. Very easy to use and program, lots of stuff out in public domain. I'll start a thread if you guys are interested in start to finish. You need the microcontroller ($30), One wire temp sensors ($2), Humidity sensor ($10), Data logger (if you want $20), LCD and i2c driver ($35), a few switches, relays, LEDs (of course!!!) and wire. You program it hooked to a computer (Mac or PC or Linux), but it can run autonomously. I turn a pot to cycle thru the available inputs (I only look at one at a time). Records min and max since last reset. There are a few great books on the subject, but most everything is available thru the web homepage and some other sites that just have tutorials (most places that sell the parts have great info) I don't know if I can post links since it is not "on topic". Yours may not look as nice but is much cheaper and suits your setup cause you built it. I'd send my code if you want it....could probably paste it into the thread.
arduino-data-logger.317124

A quick photo, logging humidity level downstairs, you can see high and low temp and hum over the past several weeks. The arduino is part of the stack on upper left under the data logger shield board (also has real time clock). The bread board contains the pot(entiometer) and jumpers and pushbuttons for light controls. All the sensors come into the breadboard and then to the Arduino screw terminals. You can make this much neater and more permanent, but this is the experimental stage. I'm working on output relays now to control the two light cycles (veg and grow).:cool:

VERY impressive, OG! :welldone:

I think you should post a DIY in the DIY section! I'm pretty comfortable wiring lights & the such, and I'm a "computer & DIY guy", but that looks pretty intimidating! :adore:

VERY impressive, OG! :welldone:

I think you should post a DIY in the DIY section! I'm pretty comfortable wiring lights & the such, and I'm a "computer & DIY guy", but that looks pretty intimidating! :adore:

Alright, everyone that wants a DIY thread on this just click LIKE so I don't hijack Steve's thread here:high-five:

I'll let you know when it gets up

OG13: you know you want to do the DIY thread either way :) this is sure to be a great thread. Everybody loves making something outrageously expensive things surprisingly affordable. "DIY"

Okay, it took me a while, but now I'm caught up on both journals...:popcorn:

Day 29 in 12/12:

Back from the weekend. I leave the girls alone during the weekend and spend time with family, so Monday's are always a surprise for me.

pH: 5.7
PPM: 1113
res: 67
temp: 88
RH: 51

The results of the height test are starting to show. I am getting a good fell for the optimal height of the lights (although these are the Extreme Flower models, the DS will be different--maybe next test?). I am seeing a noticeable difference in size and frostiness of the buds. Remember these are all the same clones and same lights.

I will give the results at the end of the grow, since this is only half way done.

DSCN01644.JPG
DSCN01655.JPG
DSCN01667.JPG
DSCN01676.JPG

And here's the future moms. I have already topped most of these. The Lucy and SAGE are catching up to the Heavy Duty Fruity (which took off like rockets). The missing is hanging in there, it is a serious dwarf. The rest are looking great for two weeks.
DSCN01687.JPG

Sorry for the out-of-focus pic, but you get an idea of how they're doing. I added some cal/mag to the nutrients since they are looking like they have a def in that area. I am feeding them BPN seedling mix, I will bump them to Veg mix later this week. From initial growth, it looks like the Heavy Duty Fruity is going to be beastly.

Awesome buddy - can't believe how nice and tight those buds are and how developed they are for their age. Really going to be great when they're done. :yummy:

I have 2 of the HDFs in there, and 2 more seeds that I can pop if one of these isn't a female. I may keep the male though to do some crossing with others. It's supposed to be a big yielder, I also have a Dutch Passion Ultimate in there, which they call a "recession busting strain".

Day 33 in 12/12:

The numbers are the same as last time for the most part. The system ticks along like a Swiss watch, very little work on my part other than top-off res and adding some nutrients every 3~4 days to keep the PPMs in the rang. I need to get the dosing pumps that Maer will be using.

The Gigabud is advertised to finish in 5-6 weeks. Last grow I let them go for 65 days, which is why I think I had a few seeds in the buds, it was trying to reproduce since it was way past the target date.

I was skeptical that they would actually be ready in 35~45 days so I let them go. This time it looks like the numbers may be real. They are getting very fat, frosty and the hairs are turning orange. I created a spreadsheet to log/track finish times and put the range that the breeders advertise as their target. I started the line on G-Bud at week 6ish, I'll have to adjust that back a few days.

I think they have less than two weeks before they are ready to chop. Which I hadn't planned on, I haven't started the clones for the next run yet! I need to get busy on that.

Here are some pics of the buds:
DSCN01806.JPG
DSCN01835.JPG
DSCN01845.JPG
DSCN01854.JPG
DSCN01864.JPG

I'm thinking two weeks max and they're done.

Here are the future moms. Should have started these girls three weeks earlier, they'd be giving up clones by now.

DSCN01883.JPG
DSCN01874.JPG

Top picture, back-corner is Lucy, to her left is Sage, to her right is White Widow. You can almost make out the labels on the front row; the missing, the ultimate and blue venom.

Bottom pic, the two BIG ones are the Heavy Duty Fruity, the one to the left is the Burmese Kush (Buku).

I need to make a few additions to my Lessons Learned thread to cover a few things on timing and planning.

Last day to vote in the monthly contests, let's get the word out!

Back
Top Bottom