Stony's Super-Organic SCROG

Reese Witherspoon, still a milf .. ;-P

Question: When should I turn the lights back to 12/12 ?

Image from today:

Photo-00373.jpg

I could only upload this image of lefty today cos I ran out of ph credit. Righty is doing better than lefty ;) As you can hopefully see in this low-quality photo, they have hit the screen and are starting to poke through, so I have started to tuck the longest branches underneath.

:ganjamon:

I was under the impression I had to pull the tops underneath the screen as they penetrate? And then let it grow horizontally, continuing to pull the growth under as it continues to penetrate .. one of my local grower mates said I have to weave aswell, now I'm getting confused. Do I gotta weave the growth up and down, in between the holes in the screen?

------
Quick update, did some pruning today. Had to clear out some of the clutter amongst the lower branches, get rid of some big fan leaves that were preventing light from reaching certain parts of the plant. I also ripped out my "intake" fan and set it up in line with my exhaust fan, to double to fan power of the exhaust.

I also bought A/C tubing the other day, 3m x 100mm, I have that now running from the exhaust port on my cabinet to a window. I used bits from a cardboard box and packing tape to cover up the exposed part of the window. Originally I had the exhaust venting into the room which my grow box is in, and I had the intake fan running, drawing air from the same room. Most of the time I had the window open a crack to let in fresh air, but I couldn't leave it open all the time like that, and it just wasn't providing adequate ventilation as it was.

It's working much better now :cheesygrinsmiley: and there is virtually no smell what-so-ever in the room where my grow-box is, and in my backyard where the exhaust is being vented, the smell is undetectable .. but let's wait till they start budding and see how the smell situation is then. I will most likely need a carbon scrubber by that point, if not before, to keep my neighbours suspicions to a minimum. But I may not, we'll see how smelly it gets.

:ganjamon:

Thanks SG :) and done. I've lowered the lights a bit, they are now within 2" of the canopy, before they were 3-4". I raise the lights to get better photos, I don't always lower them back to where they should be..

update: Gave them a feed today, seasol & fish emulsh. I've never done a scrog grow before, so I don't really know when the best time to turn the lights back is, but I've read and been told EARLIER is better than LATER ;) and since this is my first time, I don't want to f**k up my scrog!

Timer set; 12/12, 10AM-10PM

Which makes tomorrow day 1 of flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:

:roorrip:

Good, i was thinking you should switch real soon. I need to get more lights and go 12/12 soon.

Edit: C'mon man i need a pic update. Daddy needs his fix. lol

Startin' to fill up the screen. Very nice.

Today is Day 2 of 12/12. I had some problems with my timer when I switched it back the other day, stupid arlec digital piece of s**t. I'm still waiting to upgrade to a nice reliable analog timer when funds allow.

This is my exhaust system. At the moment it is 'without' a filter, depends how smelly it get's during flowering to whether or not I go for a filter, or build one myself.

00321.JPG

Venting out the window. Nothing special done here, just packing tape and carboard box bits (I'm poor, I know it lol)
00331.jpg

You can see in this shot I've still got plenty of light-leak issues on this box. It's all on the list of things to do when I get time and materials.
00341.jpg

Back of the box. Packing tape used here again.
00351.jpg

Inside the box, two 4" computer fans working together, lol
00361.JPG

And a few shots of the ladies on day 2 of flowering..

00381.jpg

00391.jpg

00371.JPG

Dammit I only got those 3 shots before my phone decided to start giving me the shits :laughtwo:

Anybody think I went to flower too soon? I only set 12/12 a few days ago

:peace:

Thx guys :cheesygrinsmiley: it's magic watching the screen fill up, and seeing all the bursts of growth from lower branches when I pull the tips under the screen :)

I'm ony running 9 CFLs on this grow at the moment! If I want some heavy buds I'm gonna have to get some more put in, or maybe just upgrade what I'm using now all to MAX wattage bulbs. Still thinking about that 250w HPS.... I've been watching local hock shops for 2nd hand 250w HPS ballasts and reflectors. I won't get the bulb 2nd-hand, no way. But then I did wanna see how this does on CFLs alone. It seems to be going pretty well with what I got now, maybe I'll just leave it .. I dunno lol

These types of timers work well. I'm using one that's real old.

timer1.jpg

I remember seeing that exact one in the supermarket, but no I had to go for that "digital techy charm" and buy that one lol.

**adds timer to mental shopping list

I need to get a humidity meter aswell! What should I be looking for?

edit: Now that I've switched to 12/12 there'll be no more use of the Fish Emulsh. But I'm going to need something for flowering besides sea-weed extract aren't I? I've got quite a good medium, absolutely packed with natural goodness :cheesygrinsmiley: but will it be enough?

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom