Stony's Super-Organic SCROG

^
Thanks mate! Your breeding seems to be coming along nicely also man, I will be following.
:ganjamon:

-----------------------------------

Ok I got the liquid pH tester today, have a look at this:

Ar1.jpg

The pH is around 7.5-8.0 maybe even higher, this is just plain rain-water straight outta my tank.
Ok I'll do the test now with (half-strength) seasol and (quarter-strength) fish emulsh added:

Ar2.jpg

They look pretty much the same to me .. I guess I'll know more once I test the water the drains out the bottom of the pots next time I water. But still, that's very alkaline, not what I want for my ladies that's for sure. Can anybody confirm if this is a common reading for rain-water?

:peace:

StonyGeoff...as far as I can tell from all my reading..MOST water is around
7.0 ph . That is considered neutral. I have the same type of kit. I've been keeping my hydro solution around 6.0 and it's been working real well for me.

Your plants are looking good. :)

Peace :roorrip:

sodium bicarbonate will raise ph....
see Medical Marijuana's post here

Will have to make a trip to the shops and grab some distilled vinegar, thank you both for your replies :) I've got some red-wine vinegar in the kitchen cupboard lol, na I won't use that I don't reckon ;-p

edit: I have a question about next time I water; Should I water with ONLY rain-water, as is (pH 7.5-8.0), then test what drains out the bottom, will this give me the pH reading of my medium? Then I can make the necessary adjustments to my nutrient solution to get the pH within the correct range. OR should I get my nutrient/water at the correct pH, then water, then test what runs out the bottom, from there I can work out what to adjust my nutrient mix to (if there is any significant change in pH after draining through the soil anyway)

(DAY 33)
Just a few snaps I thought I'd throw up. Once again I apologise for the low-quality photos, it's an old mobile phone camera.

Photo-00363.jpg

Photo-00343.jpg

Photo-00352.jpg

Ar11.jpg

^
This pH test I tried 1tsp vinegar with 1L rain-water .. oops :laughtwo: I'll try 1/4 tsp next time.

Photo-00333.jpg

I reckon I'll have to do some pruning of lower branches, cut 'em right off! I may not though. This is my first scrog so I'm unsure of exactly what to expect, but I'm guessing when the tallest parts start their horizontal 'training' it will direct auxins to the lower branches, causing them to catch up and join the other bud sites amongst the screen.
:ganjamon:

Update (day 34)..

10pm- Both looking like they're starting to wilt a bit, definately thirsty. I added 1/4tsp (1.25ml) of vinegar to 1L of rain water and give them 500ml each. This brought the pH to around 5.9 :) I also just tested the water draining out the bottom and it's about the same, maybe a teeny-weeny bit more alkaline ;)

Photo-00334.jpg

Photo-00344.jpg

Look, the one on the right is poking through the screen :cheesygrinsmiley: They are getting really bushy, I think I topped them too many times. Ah well, it's a good opportunity to take some clones when I prune the lower branches and have another go at cloning.

Not sure about the Seasol, but your plants look right on track, bushy, i wana see how this turn out.Good luck

"looking good billy ray"... <--what movie is this from?

Nice going Geoff, even though I dont know my @@@ from my elbow yet those babies look very nice. Can;t wait til I get the same results.

Topdeeni

Back
Top Bottom