Strawberry Cough? Yes Please! LOS Grown

Why would we not assume that? Is this not so with the traditional production of trichomes in that it takes them weeks to change from clear to cloudy then to amber? The same thing with fox tails that grow new trics.
do we actually know for sure that this is the process? I submit that in the early stages there is no resin in those trichomes... that clear actually is clear, of anything. Cloudy is the first stage resin coming in and then amber is the start of actual full natured resin being imported in to the holding areas. Once there is some color to capture some of the light, this is when the light enters the equation and starts to degrade the resin, and as it interacts with the sun it darkens even more.

do we actually know for sure that this is the process? I submit that in the early stages there is no resin in those trichomes... that clear actually is clear, of anything. Cloudy is the first stage resin coming in and then amber is the start of actual full natured resin being imported in to the holding areas. Once there is some color to capture some of the light, this is when the light enters the equation and starts to degrade the resin, and as it interacts with the sun it darkens even more.

So the initial clear substance in new trics is replaced by cloudy substance, then cloud replaced with amber substance. Am I comprehending that correctly?

So the initial clear substance in new trics is replaced by cloudy substance, then cloud replaced with amber substance. Am I comprehending that correctly?

I am thinking that first comes the container, and it is empty... or clear. Then it starts getting some resin flowing into it... cloudy... And then the resin matures, and the trichomes start filling in with a now colored resin.

Cloudy is the first stage resin coming in and then amber is the start of actual full natured resin being imported in to the holding areas.

As I understand, all resin is initially clear, and it turns cloudy as it matures, then amber as it degrades.

From Here

When trichomes first form on the cannabis buds and leafs, you will notice they are clear and almost look like they are made of glass. This is the very first stage of their development, and is when they are the least potent.

After a few weeks, you will notice the trichomes start to turn a milky color and look cloudy on the inside. This is when they are full with THC and will give off an energetic high.

After another week or so, the trichomes will begin to turn amber in color, which means the THC is starting to break down into THC-A. The more amber trichomes there are, the more of a couch lock high you will get from the buds.

So, to answer the question of “When is the perfect time to harvest my cannabis buds?”
The answer is really based on your personal preference, and the type of high you would like to receive from your harvest.

Surely we are not assuming that like a wine, the resin has to sit inside the trichome for a while to "age" before it is ready.

Ummm....isn't that kind of what the whole clear, cloudy, amber thing is anyways? Different degrees of 'ripeness' for lack of better term. Growers are looking to harvest when the THC is giving them the high they are looking for.

Can't remember who kind of brought up the point of we wait for weeks and weeks for the plant to become ready (with the trichomes the way we like it) and then think 2 days of darkness is going to change it/produce more trichomes/make bigger trichomes. I hadn't really thought of it that way, but it certainly makes you think. Now having said that, I am a big advocate of experimenting any way you can. I tried it but didn't see enough to make it worth exploring further in my situation (running a perpetual). Much too hard to find an additional place to move a plant to for 36-48 hours while the other plants maintain their standard flower cycle...otherwise I would certainly be doing side by side clone comparison.

From Here

When trichomes first form on the cannabis buds and leafs, you will notice they are clear and almost look like they are made of glass. This is the very first stage of their development, and is when they are the least potent.

After a few weeks, you will notice the trichomes start to turn a milky color and look cloudy on the inside. This is when they are full with THC and will give off an energetic high.

After another week or so, the trichomes will begin to turn amber in color, which means the THC is starting to break down into THC-A. The more amber trichomes there are, the more of a couch lock high you will get from the buds.

So, to answer the question of “When is the perfect time to harvest my cannabis buds?”
The answer is really based on your personal preference, and the type of high you would like to receive from your harvest.
yes, from "maximum yield . com" and because it is on the internet, it must be true. This is the same logic that just because something was in Rosenthal's or Cervantes books, it must be true. I don't think we know for sure just what the mechanism is and that more experimentation and more actual science will eventually give us the answer.

I am convinced that it is all about the darkness, keeping it in darkness at the and and throughout the drying and the cure, and then you have no degradation due to light and a 2% amber trichome actually remains a fully activated 2% amber trichome till the time we smoke it.

because it is on the internet, it must be true.

That's not fair because to me, you, and all the rest of the members are on the internet. I personally feel that when researching new topics on the internet to search for agreement of information and that will generally lead to a consensus of what is true. I'm like VanStank with a perpetual grow and can't personally experiment, but I did want to make sure I understood your opinion on the matter so that in my research, I can compare your explanation against other information to better understand the process.

Bright light and heat volatize/degrade the terpenes and THC that are produced/exuded during the dark.
As I recall, high UV concentrations (like those at higher altitude) produce higher THC content as the plant tries to defend itself against the destructive range of the sun's spectrum. Hence growers adding UV to their tents. Are you saying that THC is only produced during the nightly dark period? Can you hit me with a link?

As I understand, resin containing THC and terpenes (and other compounds) is produced all the time. I think you are correct about intense UV being responsible for high THC levels in equatorial strains, but UV also breaks down THC (and more volatile compounds). So if you place the plant in the dark, the THC and terpenes that are produced during that period will not be degraded.
:yummy:

As I understand, resin containing THC and terpenes (and other compounds) is produced all the time. I think you are correct about intense UV being responsible for high THC levels in equatorial strains, but UV also breaks down THC (and more volatile compounds). So if you place the plant in the dark, the THC and terpenes that are produced during that period will not be degraded.
:yummy:

Can this be true after the chop, trimmed and hanging?

Back
Top Bottom