Sukafr33's Third Indoor Soil Grow

you know me i like to experiment, say it does turn out good, i'll prolly do it from here on out, but i dont wanna jinx myself so we'll se what happens, if it fails ohwell it was worth the try just to see what happens, but yea its not like im waistin some good seeds so i cant wait to see what happens..and thanks for stickin around man i appreciate it..

NO jinx! they are going to do great! the right environment and this plant will grow! even in an arid dry environment they can still grow
+rep for the experiment

thanks man i need it, rite now my temps are at 82 and my rh at 60, and my lows are 79 and 40 and my highs are 90 and 70, what do you think?? should they be alright?? cause i was told that growth stops at 85, but i dont know..

So i gotta little update, things are lookin ok, i would say their lookin their best though, i dont what it is, the heat, the ph, the new nutes im usin, i have no idea.. im gonna ride it out a little while longer to see what happens but if they dont get better im gonna have to switch shit up.. I have the ph between 6.5 and 7 and the temps are between 79 and 91 and the rh is between 34 and 58, so thats all pretty good, so i dont know what the problem is... in one of the pics the leaf on one plant looks like it was burned around the edge...if you guys have an idea let me know, this way i dont have to go lookin it up, considering my memory is shot and i know i've read about it before, but hey what are you gonna do lol... so heres some pics, only took a couple...
heres my experiment
080611195758.jpg

080611195822.jpg

this is the one with the burned leaf, closest to the bottom of the pic
080611200721.jpg

and heres some of the ones doin good
080611200358.jpg

080611200429.jpg

this is my runt of the bunch
080611201110.jpg

080611201138.jpg

well thats it for now, hopein things turn out good this time!!!! and again let me know what you guys think the problem is, thanks... :tokin:

well thats it for now, hopein things turn out good this time!!!! and again let me know what you guys think the problem is, thanks... :tokin:

Dude, your plants look great! Sometimes a plant can hit a concentration of nutes in the soil which could cause some leaf burning around the edges. It appears to be isolated to the one plant / leaf that you photographed. Also I find that the older leaves tend to show issues after they have ocurred and may have already been resolved. Your plants have that rich deep green and perkiness that says "happy plant" to me. I would keep things consistant with your current nute and watering schedule unless the burning spreads.

well i was thinkin about changin back to my old nutes just cause i think they might be better, but the nutes that im usin showed a study it did compared to other nutes and it shows a hell of a big difference so thats why i wanted to give them a try but if they dont look better within a week or so im gonna change back to my old nutes..and thanks for the kind words man i appreciate it, but yea hopefully they start to look better now that their out of the seedling stage and their startin to veg more, who knows we'll jus have to wait and see what happens..

im ph'in my water and feed at 6.5-7.0 is that good or should it be lower?? Im also tryin Hydroponix's line of nutes, i kinda wanna go back to usin the techna-flora shit, but the results they show for the hydro kind looks convincing so i kinda wanna give it a try but rite now the plants are lookin like shit, well out of 7 i would say 3 look good..i dont know, let me know what you guys think, thanks.. :tokin:

Suka, I also think your plants look fine. I would try to get your PH just a little lower though. Something like 6.3-6.8 is proper PH range for soil, so 7.0 would be just a little high (like me! :)).

hey suka sorry ive been absent for a while... i agree with kip you plants look healthy.
bring that ph down and you will be golden... i run mine at 6.2 for soil but never higher than 6.5 as they stop taking in nutes at their optimum rate.

switching nute regimins is up to you.... i generaly try not to switch lines in the middle as they can take on some shock if you do do it slow and with a flush. use what your comfortable with... i dont know enough bout the hydroponx line but IMHO i didnt like the techna-flora line, but than again i like organics :)
over all they look like they love what your doing and if you bring that ph down a notch they will love you even more!

thanks guys for the pointers, im definitely gonna give it a try.. im gonna go ahead and flush today with a gallon of spring water that i baught, so i'll flush all that shit out of them and then slowely interduce the other nutes to them, the techna-flora nutes are the nutes that i've used for all my other grows except for my very first grow that was outdoors but yea i kinda lik'em, its the recipe for sucess so its everything you need and they haven't let me down yet, so we'll see what happens, im gonna go ahead and lower the ph and start usin my digital ph meter instead of the liquid shit who knows maybe i'll use both to make sure i get it rite on, but i definitely thank you guys for ridin along with me and for the help i really appreciate it, thanks!!!! :tokin: :high-five:

Hey brother, be careful with the nutes, as your soil mixture is already full of nutrients. If you add nutrients to it, you will tend to cause lockout(to rich a mixture). We run a weak soil mix(neutral) so that the nutrients we feed the plants is almost all they get. If you run a rich soil mix, you should back down on the feeding, using a much weaker nutrient mix. I would suggest you try rinsing your plants with plain ph balanced water for a few days, see if they recover some.

Hey brother, be careful with the nutes, as your soil mixture is already full of nutrients. If you add nutrients to it, you will tend to cause lockout(to rich a mixture). We run a weak soil mix(neutral) so that the nutrients we feed the plants is almost all they get. If you run a rich soil mix, you should back down on the feeding, using a much weaker nutrient mix. I would suggest you try rinsing your plants with plain ph balanced water for a few days, see if they recover some.

thats crazy, i just got done reading about the same thing that you just explained out of the Greg Green Bible, im gonna be honest and say that i just now really figured the nute thing out and the differences between nutes and what each different one can do, and how to eaven your nutes out to make eaven with your soil..so yesterday i took all my little tools out that way i can make sure that my water and my feed aren't to high with some nutes, hope everybody understands what im tryna say, so yea i got my digital ph meter out and my soil ph meter that way i can make sure everything is rite on point, and i also went to the store and baught a thing of spring water and ph'ed it and washed all the old nutes out and already today they look like thier gettin a hell of alot better, so i think i'll be able to bring'em back.. and like i said before im gonna go ahead and switch back to the nutes i used for my last grows, yea i know nobody likes technaflora but i does a damn good job for me..i also think tonight im gonna give them some ph'ed water with alittle bit of thrive alive and see if that will also help, and i checked my soil again and it doesn't have any nutes in it so i dont have to worry about that, other then that i'll take some pics tonight when i water, untill then smoke on :tokin:

glad to hear that things are looking up!
sounds like you had that same "aha" moment that every grower goes threw!
TF isnt bad its just... wellll i really dont know..... it all works! everyone has their preference. you got it now!

well i wouldn't say im out the clear yet but yea i rinsed all of them out 3 days ago and today i switched the nutes, all of them at a 1/4 strength so hopefully that will perk them back up and bring them back alittle bit, but yea fingers are definitely crossed though, and thanks for the help man i appreciate it, shit i need all the help i can get rite now.. i think this bullshit is gonna keep happenin until i go and buy some real seeds, sooner or later i will.. :tokin:

Hello sukafr33! I'm RVgrower, and I've been watching your grow here and I don't see the problems you're describing, at least not from those last pics you posted..they look fine to me, and I saw a lot of other people said the same thing...I know about the indecision we face so much as new growers, not yet knowing what will really "work for us", and so we try all this stuff we hear that the really great growers with constant monster grows use, and we expect our plants to become monsters too, right like theirs, and they usually don't end up like that. But you look like you have a set of fine plants there, got a grow tent and the whole nine, I think you just are too worried and maybe trying so hard to "get it right", but you are already doing it just fine! Maybe I'm way off, but I am just trying to help..that fear for me, is still here, and it can be crippling to me at times! I have to FORCE myself to just trust in myself right now...I see that I have produced plants that are growing, and have even harvested a bad grow that all hermied on me cuz like an idiot, I left my closet's curtain drawn back at night, when they shoulda been sleeping, just to admire them...it wasn't like super bright in the room, but it was enough, that outta 6 plants I harvested, all I got was popcorn bud that I had stripped all the THC off of while trying to remove all the seeds and stuff when that happened...So I had very little smokable stuff really, and so I just used it all in a batch of mj brownies, and supplemented the schwag I get from a friend with the rest that was the "best top buds" that I saved for that purpose. It was okay, and so nice to feel that sense of accomplishment- knowing I did it all by myself- well, with LOTS of help and encouragement when I needed it most from all my buddies on here...Just trying to keep paying that forward, and let you know that your plants are beautiful! If you really think they are lacking something, just post some pics, in fact, just plan on posting pics regularly...we can all help you best that way IF there really is ever an issue, and also, it keeps people more interested in your grow when you post a lot of pics! We like to see stuff, you know? Which journal will you go for first? The one with all the pics, or the one with like 3 pics and then just pages of writing? I'm going for the one with the regular pics every time, and that's how we get our "likes" and earn our "reps" and get points donated, all that good stuff. Sorry to hear about the heat issue, that really sucks, but you seem to be dealing with it fine. I've heard of guys freezing like 24oz soda or like poweraide bottles filled like almost to the top, but leave a few inches for the ice expansion during freezing, or the bottle could burst. Then they throw them in their resevoirs when they are doing hydro, but I did kinda the same thing, when this summer it got hot here (I"m in the desert southwest-still hot, but no humidity), and I took that idea and adjusted it for my perlite "Hempy" style of medium I was dealing with- I froze the nute solution just a bit, like half way, by putting it in the back of my fridge where stuff freezes every time, and then the next day when I got to feed my plant, I pour out the icy solution from my container (I used one that we got from the deli at the store at one time with potato salad in it- it's got a wider mouth than bottom usually, and a lid- perfect for this!) So I pour it on my plant, and the ice would sit on the top, and slowly melt and the ice would obviously cool the roots and the plant too, but I think if you were to throw a bunch of plain ice cubes on the bases of the plants , that that has got to help them stay cool enough through out the worst part of the day at least. Just trying to help ya bro, by passin on my experiences with heat issues here, and just to tell you I think your plants look great, and that I think you are doing a great job. Wish you all the best my friend...:goodluck::cheer::bravo:
Oh, and I AM subbed for this grow! :surf:

Hey SuKa, just wanted to let you know I subbed up.
But dude, I really think you worry too much. Your plants look fine!! Great actually. I agree with the statements from K and Shag, regarding optimum ph in soil, but to be honest, I really dont see any deficiency....All I saw is what somebody said a page back, possibly a hot spot of nutes in the soil, and a little leaf burn. At this stage in growth, as long as you see healthy new leaves continuing to grow, then eff that leaf! I'm fairly new to growing myself, but one thing I learned right away, is that sometimes we panic, and "over-love" our plants, in an attempt to "bring them back", when, really, they may have just hit a bump in the road, and aren't in any real danger....So with all the switching, and changing, disturbing and so on, the plants end up MORE stressed than they would have been had we left them be....

Sorry didn't mean to ramble, just my two cents....Anyway, things look good over here brotha! +reps for starting another grow inspite of your males a while back!

Hey SuKa, just wanted to let you know I subbed up.
But dude, I really think you worry too much. Your plants look fine!! Great actually. I agree with the statements from K and Shag, regarding optimum ph in soil, but to be honest, I really dont see any deficiency....All I saw is what somebody said a page back, possibly a hot spot of nutes in the soil, and a little leaf burn. At this stage in growth, as long as you see healthy new leaves continuing to grow, then eff that leaf! I'm fairly new to growing myself, but one thing I learned right away, is that sometimes we panic, and "over-love" our plants, in an attempt to "bring them back", when, really, they may have just hit a bump in the road, and aren't in any real danger....So with all the switching, and changing, disturbing and so on, the plants end up MORE stressed than they would have been had we left them be....

Sorry didn't mean to ramble, just my two cents....Anyway, things look good over here brotha! +reps for starting another grow inspite of your males a while back!

And I'm thirding, or fifthing, or whatever what has been echoed. More basic TLC, and control of environment -- the girls will grow fine. Every little light spot or something is no biggie. That burn on your leaf is nothing...look at this:
Dirt_Grows_-_300.jpg
Dirt_Grows_-_296.jpg

Had I not had a flood, I was looking forward to a great chop. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom