I really can't comprehend the complexity of the journey you two are on. Best wishes for a great outcome.

Started out pretty good, but she's had a couple of sleepless nights in a row now. I sprinkled a little of the leftover flower onto her nighttime snack the past couple of nights, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. With a non-verbal child, it's all just a guessing game, so it's tough to know for sure. Another thing I can't seem to get my mind off of is the fact that cannabis can increase the levels of Onfi in her blood. We got bloodwork before we started her on the cannabis, and we just took her yesterday for some follow-up bloodwork to compare the levels of Onfi in her system. My hunch is that the Onfi is what's making her sleepless and a little irritable. Hopefully the doc compares the blookwork pretty quick, and we can start dialing down the Onfi a bit. I dream of the day we can get her seizures under control and at complete homeostasis using only natural cannabis and good nutrition, and we have her completely off ALL pharmaceuticals. Of course, to ween off of these meds can sometimes takes several months - which in and of itself should tell you how harmful these meds can be!

So what would be the best process to make it ... slow cooker ...is there any links you have that would make good and decarbed oil ? The Cannabis I have is all dried and ready to glance I find the best process

For a quick and potent oil, decarb the bud in a roasting bag at 230 degrees F (110 degrees C) for 110 minutes. Toss the roasting bag into the freezer for an hour.

Crumble the cannabis to loose but not powdery, add to the oil and cook it in the slow cooker on low for 4-8 hours, stirring at least once an hour. Stirring loosens the trichomes, but there's no need to be too vigorious. You can cook it as long as you want, but after 8 hours you should have a fairly decent infusion. Strain, add your liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate at least overnight before using.

If you're looking to do this in the oven instead of a slow cooker, do the cooking the same way you would for the 36 hour oil - in a sealed jar, shaking at least once an hour, on the lowest setting.

Hey everyone

I need to use my Cannalytics test system to test THC/CBD of 5 strains

I only need to decarbe less than a gram of each

Any good ideas Todo 5 strains at once and retain as much terps and goodness of each????

Was thinking maybe 5 Mason jars with lids off

Ideas????

Hey everyone

I need to use my Cannalytics test system to test THC/CBD of 5 strains

I only need to decarbe less than a gram of each

Any good ideas Todo 5 strains at once and retain as much terps and goodness of each????

Was thinking maybe 5 Mason jars with lids off

Ideas????

Small mason jars, but with lids on but loose. That way carbon gases can escape, but hopefully the terpenes won't.

Small mason jars, but with lids on but loose. That way carbon gases can escape, but hopefully the terpenes won't.
Good call SuperSue, I'll just put the lid part on, not the screw part, two part mason lids are all I have

Have the jars drying now, think I'll decarb tonight, freeze, then test tomorrow
That would make carbon gases smarter than terpenes.
I know my gas is Uber smart...ooo wrong gas...lol

That would make carbon gases smarter than terpenes.

Yeah... I thought of that. Almost didn't post it, but I have this thing about transparency that doesn't allow me to cover the rough patches. :laughtwo:

For a quick and potent oil, decarb the bud in a roasting bag at 230 degrees F (110 degrees C) for 110 minutes. Toss the roasting bag into the freezer for an hour.

Crumble the cannabis to loose but not powdery, add to the oil and cook it in the slow cooker on low for 4-8 hours, stirring at least once an hour. Stirring loosens the trichomes, but there's no need to be too vigorious. You can cook it as long as you want, but after 8 hours you should have a fairly decent infusion. Strain, add your liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate at least overnight before using.

If you're looking to do this in the oven instead of a slow cooker, do the cooking the same way you would for the 36 hour oil - in a sealed jar, shaking at least once an hour, on the lowest setting.
Thank you so much sweetsue !! I really appreciate it !! Hopefully I can make some potent medicine ! :)

Yeah... I thought of that. Almost didn't post it, but I have this thing about transparency that doesn't allow me to cover the rough patches. :laughtwo:

Sweet sue and all..

Co 2 gas is 1000 Times smaller, than a terpine molecule. ____

Sweet/___sue...

Perhaps no tv as a treatment supplement would help everyone!?@lol

It's been >400 hours no tv/ I tried to,watch broadcast news one day.. awful..
I want to try Saturday night live. If it still sucks.. ic anfemove the dark black eye.
Sue, the change from not watching video is dramatic..
Example, time is on your side.
Nearly every thing you do takes place in 'more time' so,you do things and see them more fully cause you have more time, less mental,clutter. Less talking head voice. No commercial ads for,the dumbest things.. and no;

Shootings
Starving babies
Stabbing
Home burn down
Home break ins
Domestic shit
Gun control. But stocks. And since men don't shoot.. the coyotes population is skyrocketing /attacking suburbs.lv strong/lol
Las Vegas strong memorial /song/concert/ dinner/drink//vomit// too much already..

Started out pretty good, but she's had a couple of sleepless nights in a row now. I sprinkled a little of the leftover flower onto her nighttime snack the past couple of nights, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. With a non-verbal child, it's all just a guessing game, so it's tough to know for sure. Another thing I can't seem to get my mind off of is the fact that cannabis can increase the levels of Onfi in her blood. We got bloodwork before we started her on the cannabis, and we just took her yesterday for some follow-up bloodwork to compare the levels of Onfi in her system. My hunch is that the Onfi is what's making her sleepless and a little irritable. Hopefully the doc compares the blookwork pretty quick, and we can start dialing down the Onfi a bit. I dream of the day we can get her seizures under control and at complete homeostasis using only natural cannabis and good nutrition, and we have her completely off ALL pharmaceuticals. Of course, to ween off of these meds can sometimes takes several months - which in and of itself should tell you how harmful these meds can be!

Daddy-yo;;;;;
Been thinking a lot about u and Abby..

Ok if Abby isn’t seizing up daily, and you are giving low and regular doses of medicine you make, and know.
Then it’s ..working...

As for sleep... may I suggest the following;

As one heals what ‘ails you’ with cannabis , sometimes your sleep patterns change.

Example, you may fall,asleep much earlier after dinner say 8- 10 o’clock , instead of 11-2 am, ..

However, you may find yourself awake a t 1-3 am, fully awake. While un conventional for a ‘9-5’ world, I’ve had that cycle for a time, and occasionally it returns. Furthermore, a sleep,cycle that includes an hour or so of awake from 12-5am is great for;

Astronomical observations
Photographing sunrise and sunsets landscapes Daily. And lunar too...
Surveillance on your neighborhood, nothing like 1-4 am to,see what kind of bs is in your hometown/ garbage day..is telling..
Late night radio requests/ contest entry for great stuff.
Try not to snack/drink/smoke/....since often you just fall asleep in 20-40. Minutes .

So daddy yo.. maybe Abby is just finally mentally relaxed enough to,fall asleep,/revunenate /. Sooner..
It’s a good thing.. ???
Hope for,best.

Marc I am really enjoying your posts. My brain likes puzzles so its fun to play 'Find the Message' :thumb:

Old bear

Lol
I can do this. But I wanted to be inside the quote... lol..

Old bear .. your posts/replies/the spread sheet/approach to canna-medicine provide so much food,for thought..
magnificent..

Here a de cab chart to chew on..
A462D2EA-BE4D-46E7-B9D2-99AE11B1B2D8.jpeg

So for leafy weed.
Exposed and ventilated to heated sea level atmosphere.
Below 200,farenhight , there no no,to little decarb, therefore the threshold for decarb starts at 200 F.
This makes smoking sense, since we are trying to prepare weed to extraction by breaking cooh bond. We do this with removal of water. Boiling point is about 200F, check , and we have no base to break,the COOH oil band any other way....yet..
The water removal part kicks this decarb for me.
So ina process jar, with loose lid/no lid.toos into oil bath.. 230 F , about 42 minutes, once the weed reaches temp above 220-below 235. Oil is 230 plus 5 /minus 5.. an oven won’t hold this tight. I checked
Your home oven goes up,and down 20/30 f measure and don’t use.
Your pressure cooker is worse thermal control. Ie pressure cooker has no thermal leveling..
pressure cooker follows;
Outside /external/to cooker/ temperature
External to cooker/ air pressure//altitude/ daily atmosphere changes..
and pressure inside doesn’t help our weed cooking, at all. No effect from 1 atm to 2.25 atm.. none.
For food/spices oh pressure cooker is a Dream.. for weed not so much ..imho..

Ok,decarb for multiple re heats. Off the oil cookers especially.. you sue...lol
Each time a batch of stuff containing thc thcA is heated some thcA is converted to thc. And some thc is converted to CBN.+ all fine . Old bear concurs. All canaboids our friends. Even thcA. Ya we want to convert as much as we can/ within reason.
If you have a process where you have CCO . Either ‘pure’ from qwet/ o rendered into food oil/ when heated in 230 oil bath in glass process jar/ you can see the oil being degassed. You can see residual gas/ and the big slow CO2 bibles/-!/// then they stop. Remove heat at once/please..
So.. the whole thing can be repeated any time/ don’t get too hot ever never ever /please.
Don’t go below 200 F. Nothing happens! Not enough thermal energy to effect the bonds of COOH, with thc/ ie thcA/ . Can’t ..
201 f one breaks every minute/only 17 million to,go...it’s molcilar. So,each cooH attaches to each thc //molecule..!not the gooey stuff on the leaf. Those globs may contain several million molecules. All,need heated. Vented//. Ok???

Last.. exposure to 375 oven air...

At 375 F water vapor vanish instantly. So seconds.
At the surface. Where air .375 air.. meets the surface of say ‘batter’ .. the outer molecules are instantly vaporized. Water goes from,lauding to,steam. Thc/thcA/ cb x/ all vaporized*. In seconds..

Now. One inch below all this ‘vaporization’..

Inside the batter/ the eeg/the sugar/ butter/ flour// the coco oil// the thc inside our luscious CCO. It’s not at 375..../yet/
But it’s going to try/ it being every depth of,the batter inside a pan, inside a 375 f oven, it’s all gonna try to reach 375 F.
From the top/through the air burnt layer/ through the pan side of aluminum . The flows quickly faster than seconds, into,the batter Crimea h side/ so we vaporize batter near the pans metal sides too. This occurs instantly in 375 oven..seconds.

Oven was allowed to attain375 before batter and pan put into oven for 25-45. Impute to be a cookie/brownie/ marble cake etc..
I am concerned with so high an external source. Not a lot of the available thc survive. There may enough for a great high.
I’m thinking the oven two wants to be 300 f maxim.. for thc heated air cooking.. the data and t;.hermal physics do not support higher external temperatures. Not so, quicl]k//! Not 4-r grams of CCO ..without being able to monitor and protect heat destruction..imho and with silence/science too..lol

So for leafy weed.
Exposed and ventilated to heated sea level atmosphere.
Below 200,farenhight , there no no,to little decarb, therefore the threshold for decarb starts at 200 F.
This makes smoking sense, since we are trying to prepare weed to extraction by breaking cooh bond. We do this with removal of water. Boiling point is about 200F, check , and we have no base to break,the COOH oil band any other way....yet..
The water removal part kicks this decarb for me.
So ina process jar, with loose lid/no lid.toos into oil bath.. 230 F , about 42 minutes, once the weed reaches temp above 220-below 235. Oil is 230 plus 5 /minus 5.. an oven won’t hold this tight. I checked
Your home oven goes up,and down 20/30 f measure and don’t use.
Your pressure cooker is worse thermal control. Ie pressure cooker has no thermal leveling..
pressure cooker follows;
Outside /external/to cooker/ temperature
External to cooker/ air pressure//altitude/ daily atmosphere changes..
and pressure inside doesn’t help our weed cooking, at all. No effect from 1 atm to 2.25 atm.. none.
For food/spices oh pressure cooker is a Dream.. for weed not so much ..imho..

Ok,decarb for multiple re heats. Off the oil cookers especially.. you sue...lol
Each time a batch of stuff containing thc thcA is heated some thcA is converted to thc. And some thc is converted to CBN.+ all fine . Old bear concurs. All canaboids our friends. Even thcA. Ya we want to convert as much as we can/ within reason.
If you have a process where you have CCO . Either ‘pure’ from qwet/ o rendered into food oil/ when heated in 230 oil bath in glass process jar/ you can see the oil being degassed. You can see residual gas/ and the big slow CO2 bibles/-!/// then they stop. Remove heat at once/please..
So.. the whole thing can be repeated any time/ don’t get too hot ever never ever /please.
Don’t go below 200 F. Nothing happens! Not enough thermal energy to effect the bonds of COOH, with thc/ ie thcA/ . Can’t ..
201 f one breaks every minute/only 17 million to,go...it’s molcilar. So,each cooH attaches to each thc //molecule..!not the gooey stuff on the leaf. Those globs may contain several million molecules. All,need heated. Vented//. Ok???

Last.. exposure to 375 oven air...

At 375 F water vapor vanish instantly. So seconds.
At the surface. Where air .375 air.. meets the surface of say ‘batter’ .. the outer molecules are instantly vaporized. Water goes from,lauding to,steam. Thc/thcA/ cb x/ all vaporized*. In seconds..

Now. One inch below all this ‘vaporization’..

Inside the batter/ the eeg/the sugar/ butter/ flour// the coco oil// the thc inside our luscious CCO. It’s not at 375..../yet/
But it’s going to try/ it being every depth of,the batter inside a pan, inside a 375 f oven, it’s all gonna try to reach 375 F.
From the top/through the air burnt layer/ through the pan side of aluminum . The flows quickly faster than seconds, into,the batter Crimea h side/ so we vaporize batter near the pans metal sides too. This occurs instantly in 375 oven..seconds.

Oven was allowed to attain375 before batter and pan put into oven for 25-45. Impute to be a cookie/brownie/ marble cake etc..
I am concerned with so high an external source. Not a lot of the available thc survive. There may enough for a great high.
I’m thinking the oven two wants to be 300 f maxim.. for thc heated air cooking.. the data and t;.hermal physics do not support higher external temperatures. Not so, quicl]k//! Not 4-r grams of CCO ..without being able to monitor and protect heat destruction..imho and with silence/science too..lol

Marc, I don't believe the internal temperature of the brownies I make gets up to 350 F in the 35 minutes it takes to bake them. If it does, it won't be there for long. I use a 350 degree oven, maximum, for precisely the reasons you bring up. I'm not interested in sacrificing cannabinoids, or at least not more than absolutely necessary.

The reason I personally dose with brownies is to get 11-hydroxy THC, my favorite metabolite. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's 11-hydroxy that fuels SweetSue. :laughtwo: There's no better way to disguise the taste of cannabis than with a delicious, moist brownie. Chocolate is brain food for women, you know. :battingeyelashes:

You know Marc, I recently did a 36-hr oil that barely decarbed at 170 degrees. It took over two hours with a hot oil bath to get the bubbles to stop. That surprised me, quite frankly, even as it renewed my faith in cannabis as a healing herb. It also made me consider that I must be growing some seriously potent cannabis. Lol!

Watching the decarb bubbles as I test the pressure cooker oils has me thinking about the sheer quantity of cannabinoids, and how we only look at THC and CBD, for the most part. There's so much more going on that we haven't uncovered yet. The wonders that lie ahead........

Thank you, by the way, for sharing that. :hug: You always make me look at things from a different perspective.

Hey, can you explain to me why the decarb bubbles are such different sizes? I note three - very large, medium-sized, and small, champagne-like bubbles. They're distinct from each other enough that I keep wondering if they're released by different cannabinoids, but that sounds crazy inside my head. :laughtwo:

Hi all

The link takes you to a sheet which people can use to:

- enter the strain profile for up to 3 strains
- enter the volume of herb and volume of oil for your recipe for each of them
- calculates total cannabinoid load for the batch
- calculates cannabinoid content in mg/ml of each oil

- it is setup to allow you to create 3 different blends of oil using whatever volumes of each oil you want to experiment with
- calculates total cannabinoids in the blend
- calculates the cannabinoid profile of a dose based on whatever volume in ml you want the dose to be

- its based on an extraction efficiency of 85% but that is something you can change for each strain/method

- for now its read only because I want to test a couple of things including making sure the mods are ok with it. I want to set it up so anyone can download a copy and amend it from there, without changing the master sheet.

420 Magazine Multi-Strain Calculator

Hi all

The link takes you to a sheet which people can use to:

- enter the strain profile for up to 3 strains
- enter the volume of herb and volume of oil for your recipe for each of them
- calculates total cannabinoid load for the batch
- calculates cannabinoid content in mg/ml of each oil

- it is setup to allow you to create 3 different blends of oil using whatever volumes of each oil you want to experiment with
- calculates total cannabinoids in the blend
- calculates the cannabinoid profile of a dose based on whatever volume in ml you want the dose to be

- its based on an extraction efficiency of 85% but that is something you can change for each strain/method

- for now its read only because I want to test a couple of things including making sure the mods are ok with it. I want to set it up so anyone can download a copy and amend it from there, without changing the master sheet.

420 Magazine Multi-Strain Calculator

Thanks so much Oldbear, this is fantastic resource sharing ...

Could someone please go to File>download and copy the sheet to your device? From there, can you please advise if you can change the data in your copy?

Much appreciated.

It only gives me the option to view. If I download it, I have to ask you for editing access. FireFox gives me a link to ask for editing access from the author.

Could someone please go to File>download and copy the sheet to your device? From there, can you please advise if you can change the data in your copy? Much appreciated.

Downloaded as Excel and it opened fine. Changed the peach colored cells and the numbers changed in the formulas below. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for creating and sharing that!

It is read only if I open it in my browser, but if I save it as an xls file and then open it with excel I can edit and save it locally.

That works. Now I have to figure out how to use it. What is it using as a data source for the calculations?

Back
Top Bottom