I'm glad you're ok Keith, but I admit to chuckling. :laughtwo: Thankfully, no harm done. Try making some capsules with lecithin and see how fast it hits the system. Mine hit within 10 minutes and carry at a consistent level for over five hours. It's notable though that Chewey gets almost no effect from the same formula that puts me up where I like to stay. I'm interested in noting as we go along what effects they have on others. I can't try them with my daughter, with her sensitivity to the THC.

Those CBD capsules I made with the olive oil extraction of CBD Critical Cure are proving to be effective for a friend of mine with bi polar disorder. It's a new therapy for her, so I'm watching her. I wasn't sure if they'd help her, but she tells me when she takes one her head clears and calms and she can focus better. She hesitates to take her prescription meds because of the side effects, so these were a godsend for her. Let's see how it goes over time. Bi polar's a tricky disorder. This was the plant I grew, in part to help my husband's brother who has Bi Polar. Since he won't be benefitting from the harvest it's good to know someone else does.

They may also be benefitting my walking buddy, a 73-yr old woman with ADHD.

Again, pretty amazing for a plant our federal government says has no medicinal benefit in the US. :dreamy:

As you noted, BPD can be VERY tricky because of the "cycling". The patient usually needs something to treat BOTH the mania and the depression and the right balance for both. Also, BPD's never want to take their med's and have a high tendancy to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. When they're in the depression state, they believe nothing will help them and taking meds are useless; and when they're in the manic state, they think they're fine, they have no problem, and the problem is everyone else's! :goodluck:

Ingesting cannabis has never gotten me high. That, and a rather high consumption level of cannabis in other forms should be an interesting test.

My guess is that whoever was making your edibles either didn't know about decaboxylation or was cooking the edibles at too high of a temperature and the THC was vaporizing off. Possibly, they just didn't understand dosing.

Once you have some edibles made "right", IMHO it would be a mistake to assume you have a high tolerance and try to take a high dose! They will get you high and too much edibles is not fun! :)

My guess is that whoever was making your edibles either didn't know about decaboxylation or was cooking the edibles at too high of a temperature and the THC was vaporizing off. Possibly, they just didn't understand dosing.

Once you have some edibles made "right", IMHO it would be a mistake to assume you have a high tolerance and try to take a high dose! They will get you high and too much edibles is not fun! :)

A few decades ago we made oat fudge bars. We used cannabutter for the oat binder and also for the fudge. Went a long ways to get to a phish show and spent the whole show with my head hanging in my lap, feeling nauseous and unable to get up. Don't remember a single song that was played. There were three of us in a row, paralyzed and unable to do anything but feel like we were gonna puke. Worst high ever.

A few decades ago we made oat fudge bars. We used cannabutter for the oat binder and also for the fudge. Went a long ways to get to a phish show and spent the whole show with my head hanging in my lap, feeling nauseous and unable to get up. Don't remember a single song that was played. There were three of us in a row, paralyzed and unable to do anything but feel like we were gonna puke. Worst high ever.

Perfect description of too much edibles!!! :rofl:

Smoking/vaping is very different because you really can't smoke too much or get too high by smoking. Edibles is more like drinking. If you have a little, it's great. If you have too much, you end up swearing you'll never do it again. Of course, just like when you swore off drinking, you'll end up doing the edibles again, too! You're just a little wiser the next time! :)

Sue,

Ok, I am game. Give a while to gather the makings.

I have about a third of a gram of rosin (THC 56.17, CBD 13.84) that I can donate to the cause.

I confess, I have not been paying attention in class. How much of what goes into the brew? And, I thoutht you were eating something about 45 minutes before the meds in the past. Is that correct?

Ingesting cannabis has never gotten me high. That, and a rather high consumption level of cannabis in other forms should be an interesting test.

The coconut oil I can get locally. I need to order the capsules and lecithin (What kind). Anything else that I need? End of the week, first of next, I should be set.

Best

Let me get a list to you tomorrow Canyon. I'm a little buzzed tonight. :battingeyelashes:

It's liquid sunflower lecithin.

image15845.jpeg

I take apigenin 30-45 minutes before dosing with a good couple swallows of mango juice. I'm not treating any serious disease, so I only take the apigenin before my THC BioBomb capsule, and I only do that for the first one of the day. We're I treating serious disease I'd take that apigenin before each THC dose. It has therapeutic value beyond competitive inhibition, but it's value here is in being able to keep the liver enzymes occupied.

I'll work up measurements for you. How much did you want to use for this? Can you weigh out 2 mg?

As you noted, BPD can be VERY tricky because of the "cycling". The patient usually needs something to treat BOTH the mania and the depression and the right balance for both. Also, BPD's never want to take their med's and have a high tendancy to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. When they're in the depression state, they believe nothing will help them and taking meds are useless; and when they're in the manic state, they think they're fine, they have no problem, and the problem is everyone else's! :goodluck:

Thank you for this post. All traits I'm aware of. Dealing with my BIL all these years gives me personal experience, but I appreciate your pointing them out to me again. I needed that. My friend doesn't exhibit any violent tendencies, thank goodness, but she has been known to toss meds aside with reckless abandon.

I'm more comfortable with triage nurse. I'm a guide, a companion for your search for answers. I'll spend as much time as necessary helping you ferret out the information and reason out how it pertains to your case. I don't ever want the responsibility of telling someone what they should do, but I won't hesitate to tell you what I'd do in your case.

The ultimate decisions are made by the patients.

Thank you. :hug: :love:

That sounds delicious. I'd be real tempted to taste the oil on its own with Fruit Punch.

I'm glad you're ok Keith, but I admit to chuckling. :laughtwo: Thankfully, no harm done. Try making some capsules with lecithin and see how fast it hits the system. Mine hit within 10 minutes and carry at a consistent level for over five hours. It's notable though that Chewey gets almost no effect from the same formula that puts me up where I like to stay. I'm interested in noting as we go along what effects they have on others. I can't try them with my daughter, with her sensitivity to the THC.

Those CBD capsules I made with the olive oil extraction of CBD Critical Cure are proving to be effective for a friend of mine with bi polar disorder. It's a new therapy for her, so I'm watching her. I wasn't sure if they'd help her, but she tells me when she takes one her head clears and calms and she can focus better. She hesitates to take her prescription meds because of the side effects, so these were a godsend for her. Let's see how it goes over time. Bi polar's a tricky disorder. This was the plant I grew, in part to help my husband's brother who has Bi Polar. Since he won't be benefitting from the harvest it's good to know someone else does.

They may also be benefitting my walking buddy, a 73-yr old woman with ADHD.

Again, pretty amazing for a plant our federal government says has no medicinal benefit in the US. :dreamy:
Oh, we will be. Lol!!! Need to charge vape pen.

:cco:

Sue,

Whew ... I don't think I'll be starting many days off like yesterday with WAY too much CCO ingested! All good, lesson learned, slowly work up to a dose of CCO! It certainly didn't have the same effects that a spliff or bowl, or even hash produces in me. Honestly, I was using myself as a guinea pig, I couldn't possibly give my child something I hadn't tested personally, I needed to know what I was offering him wasn't bad or wrongly made medicine. Tests proved it's not toxic!:thumb:

My niece was diagnosed 4 years ago with BPD, finally after several years of various random odd behaviors. She is a licensed P.A. in oncology, is a wonderful person, and just a walking bundle of awesome positive energy ... most of the time. The past few years as she has approached her 40s, earlier little personality "quirks" became more visible and pronounced, I thought she might be tweaking on some drug, but it was BPD. She flatly refuses any Rx meds, and is currently on a spiritual journey of varying origins and destinations at all times. Unfortunately she knows she is possessed by another spirit, but I love her unconditionally. I read your BIL "fun", so sorry Sue, it sucks when family bites the hand that feeds. God bless you.

Keith

Medical Experiments, The Gathering

I did some checking and what's left of the rosin weighed out at 0.5g. I also have 0.3g of some sponge like BHO. The kick is about the same. Call the concentrate amount a combined 0.8g.

Dr. Krip mentioned decaboxylation in a different context here. I could have missed the need to do some form of it here. BHO is a cold process and rosin is extracted in a few seconds at tempters around 300.

The scale that I have will measure in tenths of a gram.

The only syringes that I have are small boor 3cc medical.

The lecithin is in the shopping cart.

Could you expand on the apigenin. There is no Jungle Prime though one is offered through others. Where is a good place to find it, how much to take, what kind?

There are some choices on the capsules. Do you have a preference?

No sacrifice is too great for.....Oh, never mind, I will just drink the Koo-laid.

[;>)

Best
canyon

Mr. Krip,
Forgive me for messing up your handle.

I have been thinking about your post and what I have to use as a reference. The few times I have tried say brownies in a group setting others have gotten high. I never tried working up to larger doses.

Another concern in the past has been the unpredictability of the results, how long, how strong.

Mostly I did not see the need to pursue eatables. Now, at 68 a few capsules or something chocolate to cut down on the smoking and vaping is starting to sound interesting.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Best

Mr. Krip,
Forgive me for messing up your handle.

I have been thinking about your post and what I have to use as a reference. The few times I have tried say brownies in a group setting others have gotten high. I never tried working up to larger doses.

Another concern in the past has been the unpredictability of the results, how long, how strong.

Mostly I did not see the need to pursue eatables. Now, at 68 a few capsules or something chocolate to cut down on the smoking and vaping is starting to sound interesting.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Best

No worries on the handle but I am a PhD away from being a "Dr." (so any advice I give is informational ONLY!). There is a seed breeder called "Dr. Krippling" so, it's close! :)

Perhaps I missed it, but what is it you're looking to make with the existing extracts? Sue's Bio-Bomb cap's, chocolate, something else? I believe the size she recommends for caps is #00 (I know it's the size I recommend! :rofl: ).

I'm more comfortable with triage nurse. I'm a guide, a companion for your search for answers. I'll spend as much time as necessary helping you ferret out the information and reason out how it pertains to your case. I don't ever want the responsibility of telling someone what they should do, but I won't hesitate to tell you what I'd do in your case.

The ultimate decisions are made by the patients.

This should be part of the hippocratic oath. Jis sayin. :adore: SweetSue :adore:
:green_heart:

No worries on the handle but I am a PhD away from being a "Dr." (so any advice I give is informational ONLY!). There is a seed breeder called "Dr. Krippling" so, it's close! :)

Perhaps I missed it, but what is it you're looking to make with the existing extracts? Sue's Bio-Bomb cap's, chocolate, something else? I believe the size she recommends for caps is #00 (I know it's the size I recommend! :rofl: ).

Congratulations on having what it takes to earn that level of education.

I am mostly following Sue's lead. She was asking for experiences others had had. I just thought, why not set up a test with the Bio-Bomb caps. Then she offered to do the math for the mix. That is about as far as we have gotten.

Depending on the results, I can try brownies and compare the effects and efficiency.
Best

Congratulations on having what it takes to earn that level of education.

I am mostly following Sue’s lead. She was asking for experiences others had had. I just thought, why not set up a test with the Bio-Bomb caps. Then she offered to do the math for the mix. That is about as far as we have gotten.

Depending on the results, I can try brownies and compare the effects and efficiency.
Best

OK, great! And, I'm sure Sue will be back to help soon, too. She's probably busy posting in one of her other dozen or so threads! :rofl:

Are any of your extracts lab tested where the % of THC is known?

Mr. Krip,

The BHO is 69% THC, CBD<1%
The Rosin is 56.17 THC, CBD 13.84

These are from NM dispensaries I visit a few times a year. I have done Ever Clear and Rosin with a hot press, though I have never had anything I have worked up tested.

If you combine the THC and CBD numbers of the two batches they add up to almost exactly 70%. That is about what I was thinking they would be but for two different processes with different strains and dispensaries to come that close, it makes me think that 70% may be close to what is practical to extract.

I never know
canyon

Mr. Krip,

The BHO is 69% THC, CBD<1%
The Rosin is 56.17 THC, CBD 13.84

These are from NM dispensaries I visit a few times a year. I have done Ever Clear and Rosin with a hot press, though I have never had anything I have worked up tested.

If you combine the THC and CBD numbers of the two batches they add up to almost exactly 70%. That is about what I was thinking they would be but for two different processes with different strains and dispensaries to come that close, it makes me think that 70% may be close to what is practical to extract.

I never know
canyon

What you have are already extractions and both less than 70% pure, so I'm not really sure where the 70% comes from, but here's what you have:

500 mg of Rosin that's 56% THC = 280 mg of THC
300 mg of BHO that's 69% THC = 207 mg of THC

TOTAL = 487 mg of THC

I'll let you work with Sue on how you want to dose the cap's, but if you were to make 25 mg doses per cap, for example, you have enough extracts to make almost 20 caps (19.48).

I hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom