I found this profile this am:

AC/DC(ACDC)

Sativa (dominant) X Indica ***HIGH CBD***
*****CBD when mixed with HIGH THC strains can take away the psychotropic effects of the THC but not the medical effects.
Terpenes – Myrcene
Parents – MK Ultra (Indica) X G13 Haze (Hybrid)
Scents – Earthy, Citrus, Sweet
Results – THCA – 0.551% CBDA – 11.70% CBGA – 0.151%
Effects – Relaxed, Focused, Happy, Uplifted, Euphoric
Conditions – High CBD, Non-psychotropic, Good for Children, Seizure Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Spasms, Gastrointestinal Distress, Anxiety, Chronic Pain, Stress, Inflammation, Depression
That's what she's taking! You found it!

So for the AC/DC (I'm pretty sure that's what you have been using):
How does she take it?
How much?
How often?
I decarbed it in the oven (baking sheet covered with aluminum foil) at 250 for 1 hour.
We used 1/4 Oz. of cannabis to 2 cups of MCT oil, and then cooked that in the Magical Butter Machine for 2 hours at 130 Degrees.
We give her a 1/2 tsp. twice daily.

You have mentioned being irritable and not sleeping through the night. Most importantly, what is this doing for the seizures?
That's definitely the best news. She's seizure free! :cheer:

The original CBD oil program could you please answer the same questions?
This makes no sense to me, but hopefully you'll understand it. It's what the pharmaceutical company provided me when I asked for information after they left us hanging:
300MG per ML (Made using sesame oil). She took a dose of 40MG per KG per day.

Also have you ever tried CBD made from hemp?
No. What's the difference?

I'm working on a recipe for Abigail.
You made my heart sing Oldbear! :thanks:

Oldbear, you sir, are a treasure. :hug:

I have some errands to run, but I'll be back later daddyherb. You're in excellent hands. :battingeyelashes: One point: if Abigail was responsive to the 40 mg per kg dose, that's where we can start. That meant she was getting a dose of 40 mg of CBD per kg of her weight. This gives us a really good starting point, and AC/DC is an industry standard for these treatments.

Like Oldbear said, you're much further along than we initially thought. Once you begin to understand the terminology and get the basics down you're going to have no trouble. :battingeyelashes:

I have to say it out loud.... It's unethical, IMHO, to present a child with a medication this effective in trials and then walk away when the trial is done to leave the family in dire straits. This is one of those things that drives me nuts about the tests they keep insisting on.

It's wrong, and we all know it. There, I feel a little better.

I have to say it out loud.... It's unethical, IMHO, to present a child with a medication this effective in trials and then walk away when the trial is done to leave the family in dire straits. This is one of those things that drives me nuts about the tests they keep insisting on.

It's wrong, and we all know it. There, I feel a little better.

I only scratched the surface on this part of our story too. When we started the study, our daughter had two types of seizures: myoclonic and absent seizures, and she was on two different anticonvulsants to curb those seizures (down to about 10-20 per day from 40-60 per day). When we started the drug study, they gave us all the "warm fuzzies" telling us that the only reason the company funding the research would end the study abruptly was if the FDA denied approval of the drug. They even said the company would do battle with our insurance company to get coverage for the medicine if the FDA approval came through. Basically, my biggest concern was that we'd get access to a medicine which worked for her, but get dropped once the company got the data they needed, and they reassured me that wouldn't happen.

Well, that's exactly what they did. We had two weeks (you've heard that part of our story). Here's the part I left out... The drug was so effective, that we had begun protocol to ween her off of her other two anticonvulsants (who wants to deal with those side effects?)... By the time we got notice to ween her off the CBD oil, she was only on a very small dose of one of the two anticonvulsants. Less than a month after she was off of the CBD oil, we went to wake her up for school, and she had a tonic clonic seizure which lasted for almost an entire minute. She'd never had this type of seizure before, so we were obviously very freaked out, and I actually had her in my arms and was about to perform the heimlich on her (we thought she was choking because of the gagging and gargling sounds she was making from her mouth), but she finally stopped seizing and went completely limp in my arms. I will NEVER forget that! Two weeks later, I happened to stumble upon an article which pointed out that the same company paying for all the research was preparing to submit some research to the FDA. In other words, they collected all the data they needed from this study, and no longer needed to fork out the money for the research, so they left all the families high-and-dry. This study was strictly for children too, so it only impacted little ones.

Luckily we're on to bigger and better things now! As great as the drug was, I always wondered in the back of my mind how much more she might benefit from a similar medicine which was actually plant-derived, and included the other greats chemicals - not just a lab-developed CBD. I'm excited where we're heading, and I can't wait to work more with you all here to help us figure out the best approach for Abigail. Thanks again for all your help! I'm already through quite a bit of your "Basic Links for Caregivers" thread, and I'm putting together some more questions.

Sue said: "So, autism and epilepsy. Quite the challenge. Before I begin I wanted to share that there's a well-known nurse practitioner in NM that discovered almost by accident that a magnesium supplement positively impacts autism in ways no one dreamed possible."

I also found out that Magnesium prevents those horrible leg cramps one gets in the middle of the night. Ever since I added ultra-Mag to my supplement regiment, I have not had a night cramp. If I forget to take them, however, the agony returns with a vengeance. I take 2 ultra-mag pills, one in the afternoon and one before bed. I think supplements, including our favorite herb, work better when taken in smaller doses over the day, rather than all at once.

The reasoning behind this is that the body eliminates what it doesn't need at the moment, and you lose part of the medicine. By dividing your meds into smaller, and more doses, the body can take what it needs, without most of it being flushed. In the case of Cannabis, I think it works better when the cannabinoids build up in the body. If memory serves, I think cannabinoids get stored in the fat cells, so have a long-lasting effect, esp if you are dosing every day.

For me, it's all about pain relief for osteoarthritis, and not getting high, so I don't decarb ahead of time. I figure the heat from preparing the edibles (real food, not just desserts) performs a partial decarb, and I get the full range of healing cannabinoids.

Whenever I bake another batch of meat loaf muffins, I eat one 2 hours before bedtime, just in case it gives me a buzz. Each batch is different, so it's best to test when you are done with the day and can sleep off the buzz.

You came to the right spot daddy. The people on this site are bar none the best. Never be afraid to ask questions no matter how stupid they might sound to you or others. All learn on these forums by being honest with ourselves. Hope for the best

DaddyH I'm doing a happy dance here that she is seizure free. That also tells me that no major change is desirable or warranted at this point. Minor tweaks, in a managed way, may be beneficial.

The strain you are using is a good one for your purposes. The recipe you are using to make the edible oil is one that is commonly used. Its been around a long time and the results are predictable and repeatable.

My advice for today is to change 1 and only 1 thing starting tomorrow. Give her 4 doses of 1/4 teaspoon daily 30 minutes after meals and a bedtime snack.

Two theories in play with this change: several small doses, creating a constant cannabinoid intake throughout the day, is better than 1 or 2 large ones; after meals is part of the maximize bioavailability equation - the liver is busy digesting the meal so more cannabinoids get in to the blood.

Suggest you monitor her reaction to this for say 3 days. There may not be any change which is fine. I'm hoping it might help reduce the irritability.

I need to go offline and crank some formulas but when you have a moment please let us know what she weighs?

:love:I appreciate the love everyone! :love:
I'm looking forward to developing a treatment plan for my daughter, and I'm pretty anxious to put together a recipe for her medicine with the three different strains I've got. I've definitely learned a bunch already just reading through all the resources that SweetSue provided.

Here's some new questions I've come up with (along with some things I've picked up on from other threads/ resources):

1. Optimal ratio for epilepsy/ autism treatment is between 8:1-20:1 (CBD:THC). As I've already pointed out, I have three different strains that I plan to make two medicines with (1 High CBD Strain, 1 High THC Sativa Strain, and 1 High THC Indica Strain). I have all the potency levels of these three strains, but now I'm not sure how to do the math in order to figure out how much of the CBD strain to put with the other two strains. Is there a good resource to help me with this, or someone who can help me do the math?

2. Once I figure out the ratio of CBD Strain:THC Strain to make the two medicines, I still have NO idea what to make! All the oils I've seen on the threads here look very dark and thick (almost like a honey consistency). The oil I made previously following the recipe I got from the dispensary was much lighter, thin, and oily compared to those. So, do I decarb in the oven, then mix in my Magical Butter Machine with an oil, strain, and call it a day, or do I make something more like this?:
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial - Tacking Method

3. [This question may be answered once I figure out the answer to question Number 2]. I'm still not very clear about dosing, and delivery method. From what I'm reading, using an oil which absorbs a little slower may be better, and the "tacking" method seems like the best way to increase the bioavailability versus just swallowing it.
Tincture is absorbed rapidly, while oil gets stored in fat cells and released over a longer span of time
Also, the "Inner Inventory" sounds great in the Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines, but I'm doing this for my 7-year old daughter who is non-verbal, so I need another way to decide what the optimal dosing level is for her once I figure out what recipe and delivery method to use (Okay, I'm getting overwhelmed again typing all this ugh)...

4. From SweetSue on Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines:
If you can toggle between strains high in each of these cannabinoids you can potentially limit the development of tolerance.
This raises a question. We've already discussed the most optimal ratio for epilepsy treatment is 8:1 - 20:1. If I use two hybrid strains (1 for daytime/ 1 for nightime), would it potentially limity tolerance development if I used a 20:1 ratio for daytime use and an 8:1 ratio for nightime use?

5. Also from SweetSue on Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines:

* Alcohol is an efficient extraction method, pulling out chlorophyll and all the cannabinoids and terpenes.

* Glycerin is less efficient than alcohol, with a lower yield. It doesn't retain chlorophyll, but does pick up the cannabinoids and terpenes.

* You can increase the potency of your glycerin tincture by doing a second round with fresh material. Strain and press out the original plant material and replace it with fresh. Follow your process once again, typically another 1-2 months.

* Oil extraction is very efficient in yield, retaining all of the cannabinoids. However, the process leaves the chlorophyll behind and the heat typically used in the process destroys the terpenes and flavonoids.
Which chemicals do you want to retain in the plant once it's converted to a delivery system? Between the Chlorophyll, Cannabinoids, Terpenes, are there specific drawbacks or benefits of any of these?

6. My daughter takes a quick dissolve Melatonin supplement before bed. Once I start a nighttime Indica dominent hybrid strain, should we stop the Melatonin?

Thank you all again for all your help. I know I'm a hot mess, and I'm asking a hundred questions. You've all been very helpful and patient!

DaddyH I'm doing a happy dance here that she is seizure free. That also tells me that no major change is desirable or warranted at this point. Minor tweaks, in a managed way, may be beneficial.

The strain you are using is a good one for your purposes. The recipe you are using to make the edible oil is one that is commonly used. Its been around a long time and the results are predictable and repeatable.

My advice for today is to change 1 and only 1 thing starting tomorrow. Give her 4 doses of 1/4 teaspoon daily 30 minutes after meals and a bedtime snack.

Two theories in play with this change: several small doses, creating a constant cannabinoid intake throughout the day, is better than 1 or 2 large ones; after meals is part of the maximize bioavailability equation - the liver is busy digesting the meal so more cannabinoids get in to the blood.

Suggest you monitor her reaction to this for say 3 days. There may not be any change which is fine. I'm hoping it might help reduce the irritability.

I need to go offline and crank some formulas but when you have a moment please let us know what she weighs?

Thanks again Oldbear! Unfortunately she is also not sleeping at night which is why I wanted to try mixing an Indica THC strain with the CBD strain for nighttime use. I also thought she could benefit from something that helps her focus during the day. She's in an Autism program at school, which incorporates alot of therapy throughout the day, so it would be ideal to find something to help her focus. We've never had her evaluated for ADD, but I'd be willing to bet she has it (alot of autistic kids do).

She weighs 65 Ibs.

I also forgot to mention that we try and keep her on a ketogenic diet. It's not "by the book," but she definitely gets a good ratio of healthy fats (omega-3's) to unhealthy fats (omega-6's) and carbs/ glucose. Not sure if this is relevant regarding absorption or anything...

Thanks again Oldbear! Unfortunately she is also not sleeping at night which is why I wanted to try mixing an Indica THC strain with the CBD strain for nighttime use. I also thought she could benefit from something that helps her focus during the day. She's in an Autism program at school, which incorporates alot of therapy throughout the day, so it would be ideal to find something to help her focus. We've never had her evaluated for ADD, but I'd be willing to bet she has it (alot of autistic kids do).

She weighs 65 Ibs.

I also forgot to mention that we try and keep her on a ketogenic diet. It's not "by the book," but she definitely gets a good ratio of healthy fats (omega-3's) to unhealthy fats (omega-6's) and carbs/ glucose. Not sure if this is relevant regarding absorption or anything...

The Ketogenic diet will definitely be helping her system to get balanced absorption of the good stuff (hey Sue! There's that ketosis thing popping up again!).

I want to mention that it's not uncommon for autism to also include a condition called pyroluria or pyrrole disorder. If this is the case it could be singularly responsible for the focus problems. It is massively indicated in conditions that include problems with sensory processing. It is super easy to test for and treat if you have a practitioner who is aware of it. Here, one needs to see an 'integrative physician' (translate: a doctor without a closed mind) but you may find it easier there.

Pyroluria is a condition whereby an excess of pyrolles in the body attach to zinc and b6 molecules, effectively hijacking them away from their purpose and causing them to be excreted in urine (this is a totally unscientific way of describing it - it's of course a bit more complex, but that the general gist). This creates a permanent systemic lack of these 2 essentials that can never be corrected but can be supplemented for. The treatment is a simple daily zinc&b6 supplementation and the effects can be astonishing.

I have pyroluria (but not autism) and I'm almost a different person when I'm diligent about my supps, as opposed to when I'm not. I have young niece who has had all kinds of 'learning difficulties' and problems at school to the point of needing to dip out and be home schooled for a year. Recently she was diagnosed with Pyroluria and her folks say she has become a new girl. Still the same, smart as a whip, inquisitive young thing, just no longer overwhelmed and she's been able to go back to school - been a couple of months now and all is going well.

I'll try to source a good reference to link you to - by many accounts it's an often overlooked but integral factor in autism.

I've seen some amazing changes in people from a very simple treatment.

Edit: 2 links that explain it well (Sue - I've thought about this re your BL as well, maybe even the daughter... just didn't want to be trying to diagnose people I don't know, but maybe it's worth thinking about).
I don't know about the forum rules and me posting links like this - I'll check them. Can't PM daddy as he's a new user still...

Pyroluria, Mental Health and the Immune System | Judy Tsafrir, M.D.

Could your child have Pyrrole Disorder? - Mum Central

There are others, but these give a decent overview...

I wanted to get this on here today. Id appreciate if people could look this over to see any errors. The yellow information is what you have shared. The rest is all based on formulas.

The AC/DC column reflects what you are doing today. There is room for the other two strains.

Abigail's Oils Version 1

I wanted to get this on here today. Id appreciate if people could look this over to see any errors. The yellow information is what you have shared. The rest is all based on formulas.

The AC/DC column reflects what you are doing today. There is room for the other two strains.

Abigail's Oils Version 1

Oldbear, that's a thing of beauty. :hug: I interpret it to be 21.27:1? Excellent!

:love:I appreciate the love everyone! :love:
I'm looking forward to developing a treatment plan for my daughter, and I'm pretty anxious to put together a recipe for her medicine with the three different strains I've got. I've definitely learned a bunch already just reading through all the resources that SweetSue provided.

Here's some new questions I've come up with (along with some things I've picked up on from other threads/ resources):

1. Optimal ratio for epilepsy/ autism treatment is between 8:1-20:1 (CBD:THC). As I've already pointed out, I have three different strains that I plan to make two medicines with (1 High CBD Strain, 1 High THC Sativa Strain, and 1 High THC Indica Strain). I have all the potency levels of these three strains, but now I'm not sure how to do the math in order to figure out how much of the CBD strain to put with the other two strains. Is there a good resource to help me with this, or someone who can help me do the math?

Oldbear's already answered this for you. :battingeyelashes:

daddyherb said:
2. Once I figure out the ratio of CBD Strain:THC Strain to make the two medicines, I still have NO idea what to make! All the oils I've seen on the threads here look very dark and thick (almost like a honey consistency). The oil I made previously following the recipe I got from the dispensary was much lighter, thin, and oily compared to those. So, do I decarb in the oven, then mix in my Magical Butter Machine with an oil, strain, and call it a day, or do I make something more like this?:
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial - Tacking Method

You're going to make an infused oil. We'll help you work through that process. It's nowhere near as intimidating as we think it is before the first time, and you've already made one batch. Decarb in the oven, and use a roasting bag to hang on to more terpenes. Then it's a simple matter of combine the carrier oil (coconut oil may be easier to consume, from a taste factor), cannabis, and liquid sunflower lecithin in the MB2 and let it work the magic it advertises. I'd recommend the eight-hour setting.

When it's done, strain, rest it in the fridge overnight, bring to room temperature and use.

It really is that easy.

daddyherb said:
3. [This question may be answered once I figure out the answer to question Number 2]. I'm still not very clear about dosing, and delivery method. From what I'm reading, using an oil which absorbs a little slower may be better, and the "tacking" method seems like the best way to increase the bioavailability versus just swallowing it.

Delivery systems that make use of the oral mucosa are preferred by many because they absorb quickly and pass through the Blood Brain Barrier more easily. When you dose through the gut you use methods to increase bioavailability. The BioBombs were designed to achieve higher levels of absorbtion of Concentrated Cannabis Oil. Untreated, CCO is difficult to get into the system. Add a good carrier oil and some liquid sunflower lecithin, refrigerate to allow the lecithin to disperse the essential oil components and surround them, and bioavailability improves dramatically.

It's an an important distinction that cannabinoids through the gut get metabolized in ways they don't when taken through the oral mucosa. Most significantly, delta 9-THC (what THCa becomes when decarbed) through the gut becomes 11-hydroxy THC, which is 4-11 times more potent euphorically than delta-9. This makes edibles a wonderful way to dose for sleep meds.

The infused oils can be swished in the mouth to allow the oral mucosa to absorb cannabinoids before swallowing. This may be a simpler method of making use of this administration pathway with Abigail. Tacking is difficult for adults to master. You have to not swallow for 20 minutes to do it effectively. It also uses CCO.

daddyherb said:
Also, the "Inner Inventory" sounds great in the Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines, but I'm doing this for my 7-year old daughter who is non-verbal, so I need another way to decide what the optimal dosing level is for her once I figure out what recipe and delivery method to use (Okay, I'm getting overwhelmed again typing all this ugh)...

Breathe baby. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: This feels daunting, but I assure you, in no time you'll start to make more sense of it.

daddtherb said:
4. From SweetSue on Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines:

This raises a question. We've already discussed the most optimal ratio for epilepsy treatment is 8:1 - 20:1. If I use two hybrid strains (1 for daytime/ 1 for nightime), would it potentially limity tolerance development if I used a 20:1 ratio for daytime use and an 8:1 ratio for nightime use?

I'm not so concerned with her developing any tolerance. It feels like it's a better idea to keep as close to the 20:1 ratio as we can. This is new to us, so it's certainly worth getting the opinion of the crew.

daddyherb said:
5. Also from SweetSue on Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines:

Which chemicals do you want to retain in the plant once it's converted to a delivery system? Between the Chlorophyll, Cannabinoids, Terpenes, are there specific drawbacks or benefits of any of these?

Theyre not chemicals, they're components. There ya go, you're first correction on terminology. :laughtwo:

When CCO is made there's a big effort to keep out everything but the cannabinoids. Some add terpenes back in, because that process destroys terpenes. The thought with CCO is that it's a super dose of pure cannabinoids, unless those lost terpenes were added back in. When we treat cancer it's typically CCO that's chosen.

When you make an infused oil, using flowers decarbed in a roasting bag, or as a fresh harvest oil, you're including all of the components in the plant. The terpenes are particularly important. They're the components that direct the action of the cannabinoids.

Think of it as the cannabinoids being the wheels of a vehicle, and the terpenes the steering control. All that power needs direction. This is why I'm so partial to infused oils. They're easier to make, IMO, require no dangerous solvents that need purging, and will contain many more of the components of the plant. The entourage effect comes more prominently into play with infused oils.

daddyherb said:
6. My daughter takes a quick dissolve Melatonin supplement before bed. Once I start a nighttime Indica dominent hybrid strain, should we stop the Melatonin?

I'd give it a try after she's been taking the indica formulation for a week. That's just an instinctive response from Doctor Mom. :battingeyelashes:

daddyherb said:
Thank you all again for all your help. I know I'm a hot mess, and I'm asking a hundred questions. You've all been very helpful and patient!

You're not a hot mess at all. :hug: You're doing amazingly well. In case you weren't aware, Dr. Bonnie Goldstein is an authority on cannabinoid therapies for children with seizure disorders. There are a number of YouTube videos with her you may want to explore when time permits. I load videos into an offline playlist on YouTube red and then listen when I'm out walking.

[video=youtube;GNl14Y3sV1g]https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNl14Y3sV1g[/video]

Abigail's Oils Version 1

Much Thanks Oldbear! I want to make sure I'm reading this right... For the daytime medicine, you're calculating 1 Oz. the Sativa Strain to .25 Oz. of the ACDC? And for the nighttime medicine it's 1 Oz. of the Indica Strain to .25 Oz. of the ACDC? This makes about a 20:1 ratio?? If so, perhaps I don't fully understand how they convert when decarbed, and infused into the oil because I was under the impression that since the Indica and Sativa strains have more THC than the ACDC has CBD, that I'd need WAY less of the Indica and Sativa than the ACDC. This has it the other way around? Sorry, just trying to understand the math/ science...

You're definitely speaking my language with the Excel Spreadsheet! I'm an IT Nerd by trade, so I love all the formula's you've put into this. I'm actually going to try and come up with one of my own (based on my own math). If I'm reading yours correctly, you're running general numbers on all three strains (which is great). I'd like to try and calculate how many grams I need of each strain to mix with 14 Grams of ACDC in order to get between 8:1 & 20:1. I'll probably attach something for you all to review here in a bit after I punch some numbers. LOVE SPREADSHEETS! :thumb: This is fantastic! Thank you so much for the help as now that I see the numbers, it's starting to make more sense.

Decarb in the oven, and use a roasting bag to hang on to more terpenes. Then it's a simple matter of combine the carrier oil (coconut oil may be easier to consume, from a taste factor), cannabis, and liquid sunflower lecithin in the MB2 and let it work the magic it advertises. I'd recommend the eight-hour setting.
Thanks SweetSue! I'm hoping to make her nighttime medicine tomorrow morning (letting it run for 8 hours before dinner time, so I can refrigerate it for a few hours before she takes her first dose.

I'm cutting down to some basic questions now. When you say to use a roasting bag, do I put the flowers in the bag, and put the whole thing on a baking sheet in the oven, or put the flowers on a baking sheet, and stuff the sheet into a roasting bag?

How much sunflower lecithin? (glad you said sunflower and not soy by the way) :)

What temperature should I put the Magical Butter Machine at for the 8 hours? Each batch is going to have 15-19 grams of buds, so is there a recommended amount of coconut oil to use for that kind of recipe?

Thanks SweetSue! I'm hoping to make her nighttime medicine tomorrow morning (letting it run for 8 hours before dinner time, so I can refrigerate it for a few hours before she takes her first dose.

I'm cutting down to some basic questions now. When you say to use a roasting bag, do I put the flowers in the bag, and put the whole thing on a baking sheet in the oven, or put the flowers on a baking sheet, and stuff the sheet into a roasting bag?

Try to get at least six hours for that resting stage in the fridge.

I have a small Corelle Grab-it dish that I put my buds on and stick that into the bag, then place the closed bag on the baking pan. Any small dish would do. You can also just put the buds in the bag by themselves, but it's easier to retrieve them if they're already in another dish. If you go this route, choose a nice flat dish.

I don't bother to seal the bag with the provided zip-ties, but rather twist the end and slip it under the dish to secure it. I reuse the bags until I can't anymore.

daddyherb said:
How much sunflower lecithin? (glad you said sunflower and not soy by the way) :)

The standard is one tablespoon for every cup of carrier oil. When using less than a cup of oil I typically use close to a tablespoon anyway. Lecithin is an excellent nutrient. The liquid sunflower lecithin has more nutritional and medicinal value, for our purposes, than soy.

daddyherb said:
What temperature should I put the Magical Butter Machine at for the 8 hours? Each batch is going to have 15-19 grams of buds, so is there a recommended amount of coconut oil to use for that kind of recipe?

This will be our challenge. You'll need to use at least two cups per batch in the MB2. Any smaller batches will require a different method. What Oldbear worked out for the AC/DC was based on 2 cups of oil and 7 grams of buds, so you're good.

160 degrees F is the temperature you're looking for.

Abigail's Oils Version 1

Okay Oldbear, now that I see how to do the math, and started putting some number and formulas into my own spreadsheet, I think I'm getting my head around it :thumb:

So, I'll attach what I did, but obviously this isn't going to work because the CBD:THC ratio is WAY off this way. All I did was run the same calculations that you ran (I pretty much copied your formulas :)), but I did it with the same amount of cannabis I initially planned on using to make Abigail's medicine (.5 Oz of ACDC & .25 Oz. of Sativa Strain for day - .5 Oz of ACDC & .25 Oz. of Indica Strain for night).

Here's the good that came from this:clap:

1. I now completely understand how to do this math, and run these kind of calculations on my own. :geek:
2. Everyone here can now appreciate the value that a group like this has. I was fully prepared (even felt a little good about it) to dose my 7-year old daughter at a 1.25:1 ratio instead of the minimum recommended 10:1 ratio, but this thread kinda saved me and prevented me from doing that! :adore:

Here's my problem. My daughter was sleeping through the night before we ever started using medical cannabis. When we first tried strain with higher levels of THC, she was getting the best sleep ever (probably partially because we were dosing her WAY too high - no pun intended) :laughtwo: But, ever since we've started her on the ACDC only (which is apparently the right ratio), she isn't sleeping through the night AT ALL! This doesn't bother me one bit, but my wife might have something else to say about that...

I'm just not sure where this leaves me now..?? I'm thinking I just give her strictly the ACDC during the day (seems like a no-brainer at this point), but is it wrong to give her a little Indica strain at night for good ZZzzz's... ??? Would that completely mess up the targeted ratio (10:1)? Should I just make a completely separate oil for the Indica Strain, and not even bother using the Sativa Strain?

Sorry, I thought I was finally getting my answers, but now that I see all the numbers, it just raised more questions...

Okay Oldbear, now that I see how to do the math, and started putting some number and formulas into my own spreadsheet, I think I'm getting my head around it :thumb:

So, I'll attach what I did, but obviously this isn't going to work because the CBD:THC ratio is WAY off this way. All I did was run the same calculations that you ran (I pretty much copied your formulas :)), but I did it with the same amount of cannabis I initially planned on using to make Abigail's medicine (.5 Oz of ACDC & .25 Oz. of Sativa Strain for day - .5 Oz of ACDC & .25 Oz. of Indica Strain for night).

Here's the good that came from this:clap:

1. I now completely understand how to do this math, and run these kind of calculations on my own. :geek:
2. Everyone here can now appreciate the value that a group like this has. I was fully prepared (even felt a little good about it) to dose my 7-year old daughter at a 1.25:1 ratio instead of the minimum recommended 10:1 ratio, but this thread kinda saved me and prevented me from doing that! :adore:

Here's my problem. My daughter was sleeping through the night before we ever started using medical cannabis. When we first tried strain with higher levels of THC, she was getting the best sleep ever (probably partially because we were dosing her WAY too high - no pun intended) :laughtwo: But, ever since we've started her on the ACDC only (which is apparently the right ratio), she isn't sleeping through the night AT ALL! This doesn't bother me one bit, but my wife might have something else to say about that...

I'm just not sure where this leaves me now..?? I'm thinking I just give her strictly the ACDC during the day (seems like a no-brainer at this point), but is it wrong to give her a little Indica strain at night for good ZZzzz's... ??? Would that completely mess up the targeted ratio (10:1)? Should I just make a completely separate oil for the Indica Strain, and not even bother using the Sativa Strain?

Sorry, I thought I was finally getting my answers, but now that I see all the numbers, it just raised more questions...

I'm dead tired, but I took the time to finish my study of a talk Dr. Goldstein gave at a canna conference last year. I maintain a thread where I pull together information for future threads, and this was one I had midstream. You prompted me to get it done daddyherb. It's in raw form, but you may find it insightful. Dr. Bonnie Goldstein

If you have any questions, leave them here instead of there. It's really just a dumping ground for my curious brain.

She mentioned that a low dose of THC at night will go a long way to getting a child to sleep again. You're very close to your solutions. :battingeyelashes:

Ok gang. I'm off to bed. :love:

Back
Top Bottom