SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is that they were living in (on) the plant, but when you disturbed their home (IOW, harvested), they emerged to seek a new one. Which could mean that you still have eggs amongst your buds. I wonder if the water killed those (I doubt it) or removed them from the sticky buds (maybe?) - or if they will hatch and then those caterpillars, too, will emerge?

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I hung them up for four days and every couple hours I was finding and killing them. A spider also moved in and had four or five in his web. He's already tripled in size from just a few days ago! I stopped seeing the caterpillars for about a day or so then jar'd the buds up yesterday. I haven't seen any in the jars, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all. There is no way there was that many on the plant or I would have seen at least some. I've been going through all the plants with tweezers and only found a couple. They must've come from eggs, there also wasn't a ton of damage. I only harvested 3/4ths of the plant and the rest seems good still too. But I did spray it with B.T. Drying it stunk up my house too much so I ordered another carbon filter and will make a box to dry the rest and hopefully contain any critters and smells.

Hey Sue thanks so much for the Rx Green recommendation, my plants are loving it. Makes me wish I hadn't already started my other four (two clones, two seeds) in soil, although I'm fairly certain one is male. I had all these great plans but these things are growing so fast, I'm rethinking them.

My adventures out on the patio with the caterpillars has had mixed results. I thought I had them under control but last week I harvested one plant and hung it to dry in my closet. OMG was that a mistake, I found at least 30 creepy crawlers around the closet walls. Thank goodness my girlfriend didn't see them. After that I started spraying the remaining plants with B.T. which seemed a safe enough solution. It works, I've found several dead ones around the plants. The buds seem fine and I washed them pretty good with plain water but it obviously wasn't good enough to kill the caterpillars. I wonder if they were eggs that hatched after harvest.

Anyways, thanks for all your positivity and great pictures, I enjoy your morning good vibes!

Awk!!! Now you know why you don't bring outdoor plants in to dry unless you can isolate them. :laughtwo: That's a move you won't try again. That spider is your friend. I cultivate relationships with my house spiders. They keep down the populations of other insects one can find in an urban setting.

LMAO .

I believe he was meaning to refer to the Boveda 62 packs you had mentioned Sue! That's funny - I have this image now of a whole lot of jars filled with lovely buds and a little naked Godiva fairy flitting around in each one! ..

Ha! That never occured to me. Makes sense now that you made the connection for me. :hug: If I start to see caries I hold you responsible. Lol!

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I hung them up for four days and every couple hours I was finding and killing them. A spider also moved in and had four or five in his web. He's already tripled in size from just a few days ago! I stopped seeing the caterpillars for about a day or so then jar'd the buds up yesterday. I haven't seen any in the jars, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all. There is no way there was that many on the plant or I would have seen at least some. I've been going through all the plants with tweezers and only found a couple. They must've come from eggs, there also wasn't a ton of damage. I only harvested 3/4ths of the plant and the rest seems good still too. But I did spray it with B.T. Drying it stunk up my house too much so I ordered another carbon filter and will make a box to dry the rest and hopefully contain any critters and smells.

Having mites, and considering the damage of one missed egg in my home was why I tried PsyCro's Fresh Harvest Infused oil. I wasn't going to run that risk, and oil can be used in capsule form or straight from the jar if the intent is euphoria.

That mite problem turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. It taught me how to control an infestation, showed me the value of stress on cannabis, and led me to FHO. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Awk!!! Now you know why you don't bring outdoor plants in to dry unless you can isolate them. :laughtwo: That's a move you won't try again. That spider is your friend. I cultivate relationships with my house spiders. They keep down the populations of other insects one can find in an urban setting.

Ha! That never occured to me. Makes sense now that you made the connection for me. :hug: If I start to see caries I hold you responsible. Lol!

Having mites, and considering the damage of one missed egg in my home was why I tried PsyCro's Fresh Harvest Infused oil. I wasn't going to run that risk, and oil can be used in capsule form or straight from the jar if the intent is euphoria.

That mite problem turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. It taught me how to control an infestation, showed me the value of stress on cannabis, and led me to FHO. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Fortunately my indoor plants are out in the garage so they are isolated with plenty of spiders. I just need to isolate the worms from my girlfriend's clothes and our Christmas decorations and everything really. And my whole house smelled like a dispensary for five days or so. I'm sure my kid (he's 19) thinks I'm crazy.

I have a small tent I used for clones that I could use for drying but I will heed your warnings and not be bringing anything from outside to the garage. I have a 4" exhaust fan (from the clone tent) and ordered a 4" carbon filter and will make a cardboard drying box that will hopefully keep both smell and any bugs from escaping much. I also have a small green house type thing and a herb drying net I might just dry them outside if it ever cools down for a few days in a row. I fear drying outside would skunk up my neighborhood even more then I already am. I think I'm pushing my limits and luck as it is. I'll sure be glad when I harvest all the outdoor stuff and only have the garage.

I just need to isolate the worms from my girlfriend's clothes and our Christmas decorations and everything really.

LMFAO³!

And my whole house smelled like a dispensary for five days or so. I'm sure my kid (he's 19) thinks I'm crazy.

He might say that - to you. But...

And my whole house smelled like a dispensary for five days or so.

I'd bet that he's told at least one of his friends that Pop is pretty cool (for an old fart, lol?).

Did you wash your buds after harvest?

I would also freak out to see so many of them crawling at once, probably scream too :laughtwo:. I have some cute spiders on my balcony, they're so helpful :love: .. my own little murdering machines :rofl:

Saw a spider mite web line that was over 30 cm long. How..why..fuck those little pests.. :high-five: It was right after I detailed cleaned the whole balcony with bleach, like always these assholes never leave, every year same story. It's getting really frustrating as you can tell from my language. :rofl:

:circle-of-love: Sue, I am trying your cloning bag method, and just curious how often do you open the bags and how long do you leave the clones in there before permanently removing the bag?
:cheer:

You can see the love here as it is shaped like a heart. Intentional, Sue? :love:

These things happen spontaneously in my world my frugal friend. :battingeyelashes: I didn't notice it until I took the picture.

I would also freak out to see so many of them crawling at once, probably scream too :laughtwo:. I have some cute spiders on my balcony, they're so helpful :love: .. my own little murdering machines :rofl:

Saw a spider mite web line that was over 30 cm long. How..why..fuck those little pests.. :high-five: It was right after I detailed cleaned the whole balcony with bleach, like always these assholes never leave, every year same story. It's getting really frustrating as you can tell from my language. :rofl:

:circle-of-love: Sue, I am trying your cloning bag method, and just curious how often do you open the bags and how long do you leave the clones in there before permanently removing the bag?
:cheer:

I once took in a cast-off refrigerator that'd been sitting on my friend's back porch without having first been cleaned, and placed it right in my kitchen. I thoroughly cleaned, not thinking about what might be living underneath. I went to bed proud that I'd managed to find food storage at a bargain. The next morning there was a dead roach in the butter I'd left out overnight by mistake.

Thus began the only period with roaches in my home. My basement was a spider's paradise, dark, dank and unused. They made swift use of the entire cockroach community in less than two weeks with no help from me. I stood back and let nature take its course.

My respect for the spider world is immense. :battingeyelashes:

I open the bags to refresh the CO2 every three days. It takes from 5-14 days, depending on the chemovar, the cutting, and atmospheric conditions. In the solo cup hempies I wait two full weeks before I check.

Thanks Sue, your fridge story sure makes me feel less guilty about causing the worm invasion. The girl would kill me if she ever saw a roach.

This is the guy I really blame he had one job to do:
420-magazine-mobile1742229685.jpg

I once took in a cast-off refrigerator that'd been sitting on my friend's back porch without having first been cleaned, and placed it right in my kitchen. I thoroughly cleaned, not thinking about what might be living underneath. I went to bed proud that I'd managed to find food storage at a bargain. The next morning there was a dead roach in the butter I'd left out overnight by mistake.

Thus began the only period with roaches in my home. My basement was a spider's paradise, dark, dank and unused. They made swift use of the entire cockroach community in less than two weeks with no help from me. I stood back and let nature take its course.

My respect for the spider world is immense. :battingeyelashes:

I open the bags to refresh the CO2 every three days. It takes from 5-14 days, depending on the chemovar, the cutting, and atmospheric conditions. In the solo cup hempies I wait two full weeks before I check.
I used to have all sorts of infestations.. :welcome: to apartment life :laughtwo:.. I won those wars :high-five:.

The bags I found around are a little small, think I will have to get something bigger. Whats the light schedule they're on?

I used to have all sorts of infestations.. :welcome: to apartment life :laughtwo:.. I won those wars :high-five:.

The bags I found around are a little small, think I will have to get something bigger. Whats the light schedule they're on?

Thankfully, this is a very clean building. No insects except a brief run with bedbugs (diatomaceous earth did them in) and the daughter had mice get in from the roof last year.

Lighting is the tricky part. I have mine sitting off to the side of 20/4 lights. You need to find a safe distance from the lights that works in your environment. TOAST keeps his under a single CFL, I keep mine back a good distance. They need to grow roots, not leaves, so the less they have to process the energy for leaves the better. I can tell I'm too close when the leaves start to yellow.

Thanks Sue, your fridge story sure makes me feel less guilty about causing the worm invasion. The girl would kill me if she ever saw a roach.

This is the guy I really blame he had one job to do:
420-magazine-mobile1742229685.jpg

Good grief, he's a beast! :laughtwo:

Thankfully, this is a very clean building. No insects except a brief run with bedbugs (diatomaceous earth did them in) and the daughter had mice get in from the roof last year.

Lighting is the tricky part. I have mine sitting off to the side of 20/4 lights. You need to find a safe distance from the lights that works in your environment. TOAST keeps his under a single CFL, I keep mine back a good distance. They need to grow roots, not leaves, so the less they have to process the energy for leaves the better. I can tell I'm too close when the leaves start to yellow.

I had mice too :circle-of-love: One was white and friendly and caught its neck in the printer cables and had to get rescued by scared human :rofl:. We had to renovate whole apartment, and found the way they were coming in from the basement.
:high-five:

Put the cuttings in soil in my tent, on the lowest power setting on my light (dim-able). :love: Will change to 20/4 :thanks:

Good morning everyone :love:

Welcome to my living room jungle. :laughtwo:

IMG_166040.JPG

IMG_166134.JPG

The smell from the closet would likely knock some of you out. :laughtwo: The veg shelf is so overgrown at this point I'm considering a string of CFLs above the front group. Is there ever enough space for the grow? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Next Tuesday I have a housing inspection. That means I will be finding some way to camouflage this area to keep him away for the less than five minutes he'll be in my home. This is mostly a safety inspection, and the only reason for his being in this area would be to open the window. They've never done this before, and I can make this corner somewhat unapproachable. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_166237.JPG

I'll be relocating the overflow plants to the daughter's apartment and doing a little rearranging before the visit. It's usually first thing in the morning, so the biggest hassle is all the resetting of the timers. I still have nine days to prepare. This only happens once a year. If I were in a legal state this would likely still be a part of my reality. Oh..... I do live in a legal state, :laughtwo: but the way I grow crosses all the lines. It's going to take some further education before those who believe they have a right to control our freedom to grow this wonderful plant will understand that we're no threat to anyone, no matter how many cannabis plants we grow.

Worry more about those guys running around in the woods with automatic weapons dreaming of glory days of anarchy. Cannabis cultivators aren't interested in forcing change. Pick better legislative battles than herbal cultivation. Free the economy up. Let us share. Watch what happens. :love:

Yep, I'm in a joyful mood. The first two hours of my day were spent in the delights of gardening and documentation of all that I did for them. I'm getting better at keeping track, which means I'm improving my observation skills. I'm actually beginning to feel the plants and notice slight nuiances. This does not mean I don't make the occasional slip-up. Lol! In the past 24 hours I've let two hempy girls go drier than they were comfortable. You don't let hempy dry out. :laughtwo: I caught them both, and I'll be more alert in the future. I'm still working out the watering schedules for the pots.

11:10, and I think it's time I fed Sue. Lol! Get out there today and be joyful beyond imagining. Let yourself be so thrilled with life a time or two, or three or four...... that you can feel the emotion running beneath your skin like a flow of energy. Can anyone else feel that? I refuse to believe I'm alone in this ability. I can ramp up gratitude to such an extent that I can feel the flow beneath my skin as all the cells pick up the vibration and sing together.

Can anyone else reading this do that?

:oops: Wandering off that path headed towards breakfast. :laughtwo: OK, I'll set the spiritual traveler off to the side seat while I feed the body. Then I think a walk is in order. I can feel the river calling.

Until later my friends. :ciao:

You got the oil dose still a bit high, I see. :laughtwo: Having fun with it? :battingeyelashes:

Hello Sue and the others that have replied to yesterday's post, lol let me say that this does was a test on the Panama; which previous does had not worked. I had tried a 3 ml dose before with no luck so I in turn tried again yesterday and within the hour felt nothing again and decided to try another 3 ml at about 1:15 after my first dose. It was about 25 min later I felt it start.

The peak was OH MY GAWDDDD TO MUCH!! To be honest I think that if I had be a weaker minded man I would have freaked the freak out. I finally can down and then peaked again from the other three ml. All in all I was higher than I have ever been for 4 hours at peak and other 7-9 on chill. I was good after that but damn, I won't do it again. I think the does is 1ml maybe 1.5 for now lol.

It was definitely a feeling I have never experienced before. I could literally feel It move though ever inch of me. Such and energy the Panama had ....

Next Tuesday I have a housing inspection. That means I will be finding some way to camouflage this area to keep him away for the less than five minutes he'll be in my home.

Err... Put two pounds of bud in a sack and set it on the coffee table, lol? "I found this when I went for a walk this morning. I don't know what it is, but it sure makes the apartment smell good."

Five minutes or five seconds, I'd be hovering somewhere between terrified and "Katy, bar the door!"

This is mostly a safety inspection, and the only reason for his being in this area would be to open the window. They've never done this before, and I can make this corner somewhat unapproachable.

Open the window before the landlord gets there. Talk your daughter into sitting on the floor - either there or, for that matter, lol, where the guy will have to step around her as soon as he walks through your door - with a trash can after taking a strong emetic. It's amazing how hard it is to concentrate on a thing when someone is hurling up their toenails right beside them. Unless the guy is a heartless b@stard, he might offer to return another day. And you can reply, "No, that won't be necessary - but if you can possibly hurry up..."

He might just back into the hallway, motion for you to join him, and ask: Do your windows open? Fire escape / balcony / porch safe to stand on (or escape by way of)? When your refrigerator's compressor kicks on, do your lights dim to "candle?" See any sparks, smoke, or fire? Smell like anything is dead in the walls? Well... Okay, then, that's a pass. And I hope you get your daughter to a doctor and/or exorcist soon. Umm... BYE!"

I've never had to endure an inspection, per se. But I once had to deal with the landlord's maintenance drunk coming in to do about two hours of work (for eight or so hours). I didn't change the litter boxes for a couple days, had a huge pot of sauerkraut on the boil (all day long :Mr. Yuk is GREEN: ), and smoked like a chimney the entire time he was in the apartment. Now, I'd be scared - but back then I was just highly annoyed.

It was only later, when the local K9 officer read me the riot act, that I realized that people driving past at 60 MPH on the big road could probably smell the plants regardless of any other odors that I produced. LMFAO. (And also the importance of "not being a d!ck" to cops, even when you can get away with it. This one was pretty cool about everything - because I had been a nice guy to him in our occasional interactions, so he wasn't overly keen to cause me no end of trouble.)

Get out there today and be joyful beyond imagining. Let yourself be so thrilled with life a time or two, or three or four...... that you can feel the emotion running beneath your skin like a flow of energy. Can anyone else feel that? I refuse to believe I'm alone in this ability. I can ramp up gratitude to such an extent that I can feel the flow beneath my skin as all the cells pick up the vibration and sing together.

Can anyone else reading this do that?

Only upon very rare occasion, and not without breaking the <COUGH>spirit of the forum guidelines ;).

In a "sober" state? Nope. But I do work on it from time to time (thanks in no small part to you) usually on a Wednesday. Many people feel down on Wednesdays. For me, it's generally about halfway between my last traumatic experience... and my next one. So if I'm ever going to accomplish anything, I figure it'll be on a Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom