Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

Think of your quantum boards as being the sun. To move a plant from indoors to outdoors you have to "introduce" it to the sun. Day one just a few minutes of full strength then under a shade bush or tree. Increase the length of time in the full sun each day and in no time they are raising their leaves towards the sun wanting more.

Yeah I get it now :laughtwo: I had them around 45-50% for a while and they were happy as hell. So I thought what's another 25%..... lesson learned. I'm still amazed at how much light these put out

Tonight I sampled a bud from one of the green pheno Sensi NL X DDA plants I grew. They've been in the curing jars now for 10 days. The high is pleasantly strong but not racy like I find the Dark Devil. But interestingly I feel the high in my forehead as sativas will often affect me. I took four hits only and I will anxiously await finishing up it's full 4 week cure. It's far enough into cure that it doesn't have a "good" smell. But that will come as it cures.

This is the stuff that had my eyes watering as I trimmed it.

Tonight I sampled a bud from one of the green pheno Sensi NL X DDA plants I grew. They've been in the curing jars now for 10 days. The high is pleasantly strong but not racy like I find the Dark Devil. But interestingly I feel the high in my forehead as sativas will often affect me. I took four hits only and I will anxiously await finishing up it's full 4 week cure. It's far enough into cure that it doesn't have a "good" smell. But that will come as it cures.

This is the stuff that had my eyes watering as I trimmed it.
It's hard to describe the odor on this purple pheno. I can say that the smell is absolutely potent. Berries and funk maybe. I have been toying with the idea of just freezing her after harvest and making her into water hash.

My Devil's Pitchfork F2 showed me balls today so he got tossed out. One more Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps needs to show sex, my other Male is so far along I think if the young one drops balls I will toss him, contrary to my original plans.

Very much anticipating my lights purchase. I'm committed and all, just get nervous purchasing from new suppliers. $151 is a ton of money in my world, especially for a "hobby" designed to SAVE money. Lol.

So many life changes can sneak right up on a guy. Wife wants to get bunk beds for the kids and give me an entire room to run things in. The catch is that I have to hunker down into full-time stay at home dad. I had been looking forward to going back to work this spring, but that doesn't seem to be on the menu. She just signed up for 2 years of school and I said yes because, well she's my wife and since we may be stuck here awhile she might as well do something good for herself.

As far as running "things".... She was talking about letting me get set up to build custom grow lights. Not sure how much money I could really make. Maybe lots, maybe I am too late in the game to have an impact. Still undecided as the initial startup cost is a bit more than our limited budget. I have a few decent ideas rolling around upstairs...

Having an entire room open to me also gives me the option of adding more grow spaces so I can do all kinds of stuff. No more waiting to fit different breeding programs into my tiny little tent... Autoflower and pheno hunting city in that room.

Back on track. With about 10 day until my projected harvest of Sensi NL and Sensi NL x DDA, I began flushing them yesterday. Flushing for me right now is pouring about a quart of below room temperature tap water everyday. Starving the plants of nutrients until they are forced to consume themselves, which in my world equals smoove burnin buds that are dry in under a week...

Chopped my Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps male, stuck him in a cup of water, and banished him to the kitchen where he will hopefully mature and give me just enough pollen for my purposes. Waiting on our younger one to show sex so we can plan accordingly.

Culled one Male Punto Rojo x Unknown. Healthy bugger, hope the sibling is a girl.

Everything else is right as rain. Just waiting impatiently for the next project to begin.... things rattling around in my head a lot today... Stabilized high thc Dark Devil Photoperiod. Devil's Pitchfork F3 run. Reversing to make auto fems. Custom IBLs. And Trailer Trash Betty's future.

Peace

It will be quite awhile before anything is up and running if I go that route. However, until then I have first world problems. Lol.

I cannot wait to get the Sensi NL and the NL x DDA out of there to free up some space. They will be 8 weeks in 2 more Sundays. No doubt they will be finished. Today was day 2 of being fed straight water.

I ended up with a lot of healthy female plants that I simply could not bring myself to kill/cull. This has made rotating plants a bit like playing the original Donkey Kong, jumping over $#!+ and climbing ladders. However I have an awesome variety of phenotypes that should give me a nice stash.

Stud cutting still alive... going through internal battles at the moment about doing the pollination. I would still harvest the pollen for a better time. I will probably have enough pollen in the next 2 days but I don't want to accidentally pollinate my mature sinsemilla Crop... wonder how long I can keep the Male cutting alive in a cup of diluted nutrients. Wonder if he will last two weeks on southern kitchen window light and a cupboard for bedtime?

Way more rambling than I intended. Photo drop tomorrow showcasing the Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty phenotypes and the Devil's Pitchfork x NL x GG#4.

Eh, it's my journal so I am going to ramble on. Sort of like taking notes for myself. This journal is one of my most important tools and that is why I have avoided moving onto more focused journals like tutorials, micro projects, or journaling about just one or a small subsection of my genetics.

As most of my young ladies are kicking into or just finishing stretch, I am overcome with uncertainty about my next project. I don't want to have an empty tent again in 6 weeks wondering why the heck I didn't start some fresh seedlings earlier. With my big breeding run over the summer too far out, I am going to need to decide on some kind of fast flowering filler plants...

I think that my most viable options are:

Devil's Pitchfork F2s started under 24hrs light, in my mars300 space bucket. I would pop those about 2-3 weeks from now in order to see if any have dominant auto genes before throwing them in the tent where autoflowering males are revered, photo males tossed and.... it's one option.

Another option would be to plant, get ready for this mouthful, Devil's Pitchfork x Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL. The seeds are limited edition and should finish in roughly 8 weeks of flowering. The seed mother NL x NL was a huge yielder of beautiful dense buds from top to bottom. The father was Punto Rojo x Unknown Swami genetics x DDA and contains some hidden gem phenotypical expressions, of that I am certain.

Third and final option would be to plant all but 2 of my DDA and all but 2 SSDC and do a big autoflower Sinsemilla run. Typically they are harvested at 77 days from seed. This would be the most efficient use of my time and space, but is the least desirable in my opinion due to yield and poor phenotypic variations between these two cultivars.

There are my notes for the day. 3 weeks minimum to have a decision made. Leaning toward DP x NL x NL purely for potential yield.

No Colombian Gold possibilities?
This summer beez. Running them alongside Punto Rojo crosses. I have a recommendation from one of my donors (he has experience with this particular Columbian Gold) to pick a male Trailer Trash Betty and cross with CG. He says the CG holds tons of potential, but can be made more potent and faster flowering with the addition of Betty... this may also cut that racey feeling and bring the high down into the body a bit, making it more desirable for non sativa folks..

Trailer Trash Betty is also the cultivar I plan to use for my eventual Dark Devil Photoperiod project.

No pics yet, slow going day waiting for wife to go to her school interview. This is really happening.

Just purchased 10x Bxrc-30e4000f array series Vero 18's.

changed my mind about ordering from China right at this moment. These should do the trick and give me some more build experience.

Time for the showcase. Lol.

This one here started off with a bit of whorlled phylotaxy but turned out just fine.

Here are two phenos in one hempy.

This one looks like she might be purple

This one is the oldest, just look at that frost. And that almost black coloration. Not labeled, but she is also Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty.

And finally we get to the last of my Devil's Pitchfork hybrids. Sharp skunk smell, very excited. Her mom was the epitome of potency.

Just for good measure I thought a few different angles of the tent would look nice. Good things are coming.

That concludes today's little show case, lots of potential in here.

Yes, they are cobs. 3000k. I wanted 2700k but I couldn't find them in any bigger size than the Vero 13. I accidentally found this lot of 10. Came to about $8/PC with shipping, I think they are $12 each on digi key unless you buy 50 or 100. They have integrated solderless chip holders, saved me some time and money there. Was thinking about using aluminum square tube with a 12v fans pushing and pulling air through for active cooling.

So... Punto Rojo x (Mazar x Guerrero) appears to be maturing and not really tightening up. I will pull her out for a few pics this afternoon. She might even be ready to start flush. Lack of density wouldn't surprise me but it sure would be sad. I plan on either hanging her whole at harvest to get a longer drying time or chopping, freezing, and making her into what will be fire hash.

I look forward to watching your video tutorial with step by step details how to make the hash.

This will only be my second time making it, first time having proper starting material. I'm not too sure about a video tutorial... I would have to have Mrs. Gu video the process. Have to figure out how to upload a large file like that as well. That plant still has a bit to go.

I will admit that a video tutorial would be much more helpful than the standard photo style, even though I am more than a bit camera shy.

Back
Top Bottom