Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

Thanks guys. She is really starting to pick up the pace... so I guess still another 6-8 weeks, lol. Also she always had a pleasant odor, but today I noticed it was much stronger.

Wish I had the time and space to scrog one of these gals. This one is in a 2.5qt nursery pot. I pulled her out to give the wife's uncle a peek. He said "well, that looks pretty f****ng good" and decided to take a look at the garden.

Even with the longer flower time, these are still my favorites to grow.

So, I have all of my tools/parts ready to "build" a new light. Considering doing a little tutorial, well maybe not a tutorial because I have never done this before, but at least photographed record of what happened. Waiting on an important call, then feed the kids. Hopefully I can get some cooperation around here and I can get this done.

After that gets built, the thermal adhesive cured, and "fixture" hung; I can move on to fiddling with the old mars300. Seems some folks had upgraded theirs to cob panels a few years ago.

Ah, onto the plants... DDA# 2 is working her way to ripeness. Fans are getting that dying feel to them. She is still kicking out quite a few new pistils though so I will wait to flush.

Columbian Red Point x Unknown is taking her time, but steadily getting there. Couple brown pistils but nothing to get excited for. The aroma development is exciting however. Very funky sativa scent if that makes sense.

Sensi NL x GG#4 is really looking nice. Thirsty girl heading into full flower mode.

Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL got a big supercrop last night. I hated to do it, but I couldn't justify raising the lights for just one plant. She will be fine. Already had the bud sites facing up this morning.

Now the babies... (Columbian Red Point x Unknown) x DDA's are growing nicely. Haven't shown sex yet. They smell pleasant. The TTBs are just as healthy but they stink. Like really stink. Not even 6" tall and stinks to high heaven. These plants are the ones that will be the deciding factors in my next breeding escapade. I will be up-potting the healthiest female of the bunch into a coffee can hempy. The others will remain in their root bondage to see if I can bring a female all the way to finish in that size container and save room for more babies to get started in larger Hempys.

Ugh, time to do stuff...

Didn't bother with pics of the build today. Couldn't find my sandpaper to clean up the aluminum, hands were shaky, and I had a very limited time to do the work.

This chip is 50watts and holy effin effers, it is bright. But she heats up pretty quick. After the adhesive cures I will hang this in the tent with the passive intake blowing directly on the heat sink.. My connections are solid, I gooped the adhesive on the exposed terminals. The cord I am using is rated for 75watts. This will get plugged into a 15amp surge protector and that will get plugged into the analog timer which is also plugged into a surge protector.

I wondered why my temps were up all day today.. the Mars is working again. Must be a bad connection in the case. I have to do a little investigating. Well... I guess I have plenty of lights now, lol.

I just hope I can keep that new one cool....

I found a Chinese COB company with warehouses in CA. They sell regular chips 50w 60v 1400ma in 3000k 4000k 6000k 450nm and 1100k as well as carrying a 12w UV COB. Nothing costs more than $7. They do custom wavelengths but you have to order a large quantity.

I thought it might be fun to convert the old Mars into a cob fixture. One driver runs a 50w 6000k cob and the fan, the other runs a 50w 1100k cob and a 12w UV cob... ahh, just dreaming. She works fine just the way she is (after I fix the bad connection this weekend)

I am actually considering foregoing the colloidal silver treatment for any of my current plants. It is still kind of a toss up. Until I know what the sex of the four babies are I won't know anything. Lol.

Insomnia is just plain killing me. I'm so tired all of the time, but still cant sleep. Edibles tend to make me too groggy in the morning so I smoke, but I can only smoke so much. Arg. Might be time to start making tincture again.

Insomnia is just plain killing me. I'm so tired all of the time, but still cant sleep. Edibles tend to make me too groggy in the morning so I smoke, but I can only smoke so much. Arg. Might be time to start making tincture again.

Or grow yourself a pure Afghani or Kush and wait till you see a bunch of amber crystals before you harvest it. Say 25-30% amber should be what the doctor ordered.

Got the new chip into the tent. Thermal transfer seems to be occurring nicely. Set my intake up where I wanted it, blowing on the cob heatsink. Turned on at 9:15am pst will check on it at 10:15 am. If this works I will have a ceiling of light. If it doesnt, I have more work to do.

I put both blurples over the left side of the tent where my sativa runs the show. QBs running at about 70% power. High noon it is. When running full power I will be sitting at 40w/sq ft for lighting. 430w of light + 60w fan. A big step up from 24w/sq ft.

I will take some pics a bit later.

I am thinking that either the mars300 or my wm/scrap heap cob need to go into some sort of dedicated auto space. I have several options to fabricate said cabinet, but the neighbor that actually has tools is in Walla Walla working until the job is done... unless I just fire up the space bucket thingy or pack a boat load of plants in the very well lit space I already have. I guess I will know more after the 1hr test.

Had to drop Sensi NL x GG#4 down from her pedestal today. Lol. These NL crosses have some nice vigor.

Edit to add... the chip was fried in under an hour. If that intake couldn't keep it cool, my little 12v fan wasn't going to touch it. Looks like I cant build a grow light for $8.11 after all. Lol. She was bright while she lasted. I still have plenty of light in the tent, just no extra

You're plants were looking really nice PRIOR to getting the Mars light back. Adding that should give you plenty of light for a super grow.
Thanks, and yeah it's not a big loss. $8 and I bought tools that I can and will use on future projects. Next time I will be working with real cobs and real drivers, but the need is not immediate at all. And not worrying about lights leaves me room in my brain to contemplate seed making..

The cord I am using is rated for 75watts. This will get plugged into a 15amp surge protector and that will get plugged into the analog timer which is also plugged into a surge protector.

Your "75watts" rated looks like 16/2 so good nuff.

Just use a chord of an old appliance and screw or solder to the power supply, and good.

More that 1 surge suppressor is not as safe as JUST 1. Best to figure out how to only use 1 surge suppressor/power strip for each 15A circuit (go large). If you have one strip up front of the timer, take that one out and go direct from wall to timer. Get a Y connector if you need more electric for say a fan on 24/0. (what I do)

Y connector male 120v plug --> 2 120v female outlets.

15A circuit = 1800watts and that won't be safe - 1500w max for a 15A circuit.

51SnM4CXGxL._SL1000_.jpg

I kept blowing strips until I looked into it closer. This fixed.

Bigger strip - I researched cause I was purchasing. Trippe eh. What I got (2 of em)

61C9E+ojEUL._SL1377_.jpg

Where am I... high AF, 'scuse me for getting off on a tangent.

Soaked two of my (Columbian Red Point x Unknown) x SSDC seeds overnight. Planted them in 20oz gravel hempy with coco cap. I suspect they will poke through in 2 days.

DDA# 2 is getting close to done. Leaves are getting pretty dry. The top being more mature than the lower half, I will probably chop the apical and move the lower portion of the plant closer to the light. I am trying to find out when MY best harvest time is. Just effin around because I can... and I probably won't chop the first portion until middle-late next week.

Sometime in the next few days I expect the young'uns to show sex. I have enough grow media to up pot two females. Whichever Male I decide to keep will be staying in the tiny pot. I will use the Male to pollinate just a few budsites on on all appropriately aged females. Then I will store just a bit to pollinate one of the next two babies.

Ugh, boring day...

You have aphids? I'm thinking someone - @SweetSue ??? - had "tracks" like that and ended up treating with spinosad or something.

Or maybe not - everyone knows I'm a little crispy around the edges ;) .
Both DDA's I have grown have lime green leaves with the lighter pigmented blotches on the leaves. Not a pest, as only DDA seems to carry this trait and I do everything possible to keep pests away from my grow since having dealt with almost all of them in the past in one way or another.

Any other blotches you see on plants in my tent are caused by being lazy with my ph this last round... it was up to 7.5 in dtw hydro. Lol, it is fixed now. Back where I like it at 5.5, not 200x more alkaline. Also everything I grow shows signs of all kinds of deficiencies after about 6 weeks into flower.

My Punto Rojo x Unknown going right now is 11 weeks old from seed, 8 weeks into flower and looks like she could go another 6... before I start flushing, lol.

I was just getting ready to say the variegation is normal with these seeds. I’ve had it show up on mine. Never made the plants slow down at all.

Hey... lovely blackness on the ripe DDA. :high-five:

Hey... lovely blackness on the ripe DDA.
Thank you :rollit: I am excited to have some seedless buds this time around.
:passitleft:
That DDA is going to be delicious!!
The smell is tempting me. Overripe berries and lemon or maybe grapefruit. Either way, smells fantastic. :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom