Tales From The Krip!

thank you on clone info :) Tried to reps ++ you..but must have done that somewhere before... because it doesn't let me.... :rofl:
You are being so helpful :)

I hope the BS doesn't spread out to my parts of Europe.. they are presenting a "study" on med cannabis next month...and then a vote will be made....

Thanks, Birdie! :thanks:

UPDATE: I NO LONGER HAVE A STEALTH VEG TOTE! :thedoubletake:

Well, my stealth veg tote WAS working out great! I had culled the weaker of the two Sour OG clones, and had the White Widow and Cherry Bomb seedlings in there along with the cloned top of the Cherry Bomb.

I just went to check on them and noticed the Cherry Bomb seedling needed to start some LST since she was pretty leggy, so took her in, tied her up, and put her back in the tote.

It was then that I noticed the Sour OG clone was starting to get towards the top of the tote, so I reached down to do a little supercropping and noticed that she's in flower! :thedoubletake:

My stealth veg tote is now a stealth flower tote!

Other than the fact that it's still "stealth", it's really not good news since it means it's likely that everything will be starting to flower soon, too. It's exactly what I was afraid of but was hoping I had more time.

I've got seeds to replace everything except the Sour OG, and plenty of other seeds too, but really was hoping to get a "jump start" once all the grow was back up.

Oh well...It could be worse and with a little more cloning and some quick work on my side, I may still be able to stay ahead of the game.

That being said, it appears they finished the mold remediation today. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as they had thought or portrayed it to me as, but there's a large part of my house that still needs to be put back together (much more than just the kitchen, now!) and that will take at least another month, or so, assuming the mold test next week comes out clean.

I'll try to get some pic's this weekend, but will be busy making the first batch of RSO for my dad. He's been very anxious to start since I sent him those videos/info but, with me not having a kitchen or real work space, I just haven't had the opportunity.

I ordered some items last week, including an induction cook top and a hot plate, picked up a large bottle of Everclear (151 since the 190 isn't available here) and have the Everclear along with about 60oz. of buds in the freezer.

The buds are a mix of Sour OG, Sour Diesel, and Skunk. Since I don't know what strain will be best, or even help at all, I decided to give him a little of everything I had on-hand. This way, he's most likely to see SOME benefit from at least one of those strains and, assuming so, we can start honing in on some strains that provide the MOST benefit for his conditions.

I will TRY to document the process along the way with some pics, but again, I think most of us are familiar with it, although I do have a couple of "tricks" I'll be happy to share.

Happy Labor Day Weekend to ALL!!!

:Namaste:

K

Drive bye. Hey I got more than my shares of rants and raves....... Alittle Single Barrel brings em on. JK? I don't do changes well, cept the new herb laws that have opened, and the worlds changing. I guess I should go back to Arkansas, they are afew years behind the rest. And that's a good thing. But I was just throwing my 2 cents out there, great cloner, I got the same unit. My manifold leaked though around the bottom abit, but then there is pematex. Light wieght and the fan does help with the temps. You really 'don't' need anything to start them clones with, but I use Viatgrow. A friend use to start some in straight soilless with nothing, but he didn't really get a good return. Worked.
Keepem Green

Hi
O well flower tote :) Waiting for update :)
And btw.. is White Widow an " easy strain to grow" ?

It's my first time growing WW and so far, she's been a very slow starter for me. The Cherry Bomb, however, has been VERY easy. She sprouted quick as a seed, took off quick, and her first clone sprouted roots quick! :)

MADE SOME RSO! :yummy:

I made a batch of RSO today that I will use to make caps for my dad and also, give a little to my neighbor for his dog who recently had a front leg removed due to cancer and even so, has only been given another year to live. I hope the oil can help them BOTH!

Here is the process I used...

First, I put a little over 2 oz. of bud in a 1/2 gallon mason jar in the freezer along with two empty quart mason jars and a couple of stainless steel canning funnels.

By freezing EVERYTHING we can get a much cleaner extraction (less chlorophyll & plant waxes, etc.).

I didn't document this process, but after 24 hours in the freezer, I setup the two quart jars with the funnels in put TWO natural coffee filters in each funnel.

I then filled the 1/2 gallon jar with the buds with a little more than half of a big bottle of Everclear 151:

DSCN36823.JPG

I used a wooden spoon to agitate and grind the buds and alcohol and then strained the mixture into BOTH funnels to speed up the process.

Here's a tip...

In addition to a lot of gardening, I also sprout my own seeds (mung beans, alfalfa, etc.) and use one of the lids that fits on a wide-mouth mason jar:

DSCN36854.JPG

It makes it very easy to strain the contents right into the funnels! :thumb:

While that was straining, I did a second wash reserving about 1 cup of the alcohol. By the time the second wash was agitated for three minutes, there was plenty of room to top off both funnels which were still draining.

I then emptied the soaked herb into a larger strainer held directly over one of the funnels and compressed the herb to get as much of the last bit of alcohol out as possible.

I then rinsed the empty 1/2 gallon container with 1/2 of the leftover cup of alcohol and poured over the herb the large strainer, and then took the last 1/2 cup of alcohol and, again, poured it over the herb in the large strainer, all to drain into one of the funnels.

After compressing the herb in the strainer one last time to, again, get as much of the alcohol out as possible, here's what was in the two quart jars:

DSCN36833.JPG

Even though I just purchased an induction cooktop for the occasion, I decided to use a "tried & true" double boiler setup over a $17 hotplate:

DSCN36802.JPG

There's no exact temperature settings, but the double boiler should keep everything under 212*F and I use one of these to see where everything is at:

DSCN36812.JPG

Poured the extraction into the double boiler just over the level of some lower rivets on the pan:

DSCN36842.JPG

And, setup a fan just to add some further safety, even though I was working outdoors:

DSCN36862.JPG

And, started evaporating off the mixture:

DSCN36875.JPG

The entire time, the temps didn't get much more than 150*F:

DSCN36884.JPG

As it started evaporating off, I added the remaining extraction:

DSCN36923.JPG

You can see the level is now much below those lower rivets on the pan:

DSCN36933.JPG

It starts getting darker as it boils down:

DSCN37202.JPG

DSCN37211.JPG

I knew I was going to get some potent stuff when I saw what looked like rosin forming on the sides of the pan:

DSCN37223.JPG

When the level got down to about 1/2 cup, I put what I could into a smaller "butter warmer" and back on the same hot plate to decarb:

DSCN37245.JPG

I got about 5 ml in a syringe that I'll use to make cap's for my dad, and another ml or so in a small container I'll give to my neighbor for his dog.

Me? I get to clean the utensils! :yummy:

DSCN37254.JPG

DSCN37234.JPG

I'll let you know how my dad and the dog respond!

:Namaste:

K

MORE BS FROM OUR TRUSTED FEDERAL GOV'T

Don't even get me going on this one! The courts deny gun rights to card holders and say it does not violate the 2nd amendment, as if they cared about the Bill of Rights in the first place! :thedoubletake:

Just a quick history lesson...

The 18th amendment was passed to approve prohibition of alcohol. It was later repealed.

Why did they have to create an amendment to prohibit alcohol?

Because it was NOT constitutional for the Fed's to prohibit it in the first place!!! They actually had to CHANGE the law to do it!

So, let me ask you....

We know the 18th amendment prohibiting alcohol was repealed...

Where's the amendment prohibiting MMJ in the first place????

Seems to me like they skipped over the constitution by prohibiting it without an amendment to begin with!

Now, with states rights "trumping" (yes, pun intended! :) ) Federal law, the Fed's use it as a way to take away the 2nd amendment and then claim the exact opposite?

Seems pretty ludicrous to me! :hmmmm:

Sorry for the short rant! :sorry:

Here's the article:

US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

I have a friend in a legal state, about to get his med card so he can switch from opiates to cannabis for his many layers of pain. This article scared the shit out of him and forced him to rethink going legal and above board. Now his only option is to go drug-free for the month it takes to clear his system in advance of the required drug test the DEA insists be done by his pain doctor and just live through the pain.

If the intention of the federal government is to make us more determined while they drive us further into stealth mode, they're going to achieve just that. This is a reprehensible overstep from a government that has lost all sight of reality. We've become the laughingstock of the progressive world. They're doing everything possible to stop the flood, and it's doomed. If California votes to go recreational, all bets are off. In the meantime, all they're doing is perpetuating needless pain and suffering.

There must be something we can do to force their hand and the change the country cries out for.

Rant aside, how pleased am I to hear the damage wasn't as bad as projected, even though it means you must still wait until they put the pieces back together again. And kuddos on the oil production. It's about time, eh? Life...... What can you do but roll with the punches?

And rats! on the tote morphing into a flowering botique. :straightface: On to plan B. That would've been sweet, had it worked as you'd hoped. I like the way you blast right past the obstacles to another approach. :high-five:

Sorry I'm so absent here K. I have good intentions, if that counts for anything. :battingeyelashes: :love:

image16779.jpeg

To start him out, I made 74 caps for my dad by mixing the RSO with coconut oil at a 20:1 ratio using 3.5g of the RSO:

DSCN37263.JPG

This should give him the recommended dose of 1/20 g of RSO for his Parkinsons and, if needed, he can always take two.

NOTE: I put the syringe I use to fill the caps in the pic. It's a 10ml (there's no markings on this one!) "oral irrigation syringe". It has a curved tip that makes it much easier, IMHO, to fill the caps than a normal syringe or pipette. ;)

I JUST HAD AN IDEA!!!

As I was surfing some of the journals here and thinking about how quickly I can get back to growing under my current situation, I just had an interesting thought!

Here's what I was thinking:

1) I'm stuck, for now, in that temporary veg tote where I already have the Sour OG clone in flower along with the White Widow and Cherry Bomb seedlings and a cloned top of the Cherry Bomb. Even though the WW and CB were started at the same time, the CB is way ahead in terms of development.

2) One of my old :420: buddies had in his signature, "When Life Throws You Lemons, Make Lemon Haze!"

3) I was just discussing on Cannafan's thread about stressing a female plant to get pollin.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Maybe I should convert that temporary veg tote, that's now become a temporary flower tote, into a temporary breeding tote??? :hmmmm:

I just need to stress out one of the plants and keep it in the same tote with the others (or, collect the pollin and use it to "knock up" the others! :) ) and I should be able to get some female seeds and some interesting crosses.

The plants sure aren't going to be big enough to produce much buds, but will be more than large enough to produce plenty of seeds!

That would, at least, make this whole exercise worthwhile - actually, VERY worthwhile!

I'll have to see how I can time it.

The easiest would be to start working with the Sour OG since she's already in flower. But, if I can get that White Widow into flower, even though she's been a slow starter, I'd rather use her pollen to pollinate the others.

I wouldn't mind trying some phenos of a WW x CB cross! :yummy:

OK...I just checked on the girls in the veg tote and the Cherry Bomb is just starting to throw out some pistils. So, I made a quick decision and brought the Sour OG, which has been showing pistils for a week, or so, now, inside the garage and left the garage light on.

The light is only to interrupt what would otherwise be a dark period in hopes of stressing the plant to get some Sour OG pollen.

My plan is to put it back out in the morning and back in the garage under lights at night for the next three days. Then, back outside for a few days, then repeat until I start seeing her hermie.

Then, I can make some Sour Cherry and and Sour Widow OG seeds! :yummy:

I'll be real happy if this works out! Maybe I should spring for some CS and spray the Sour OG just to make sure I get some pollin? :hmmmm:

Good to hear the remediation was completed quicker than expected! I hope your house gets put back together quickly and things get back to normal for you. I'll be interested to see how the breeding experiment works out. Thanks for the step by step on the RSO process.

:thumb:

EARLY RESULTS OF THE RSO CAP'S FOR PARKINSONS ARE POSITIVE!!! :yahoo:

I just spoke to my dad again today to get an update on how he was doing with the RSO cap's after his first couple of days.

When I spoke to him yesterday, he sounded tired/stoned which is how he said the caps were making him feel. When he answered the phone today, I could immediately tell he sounded better and asked him if he had taken a cap yet today, assuming he hadn't.

He said that he had and he was starting to adjust to the meds so was feeling much less tired.

More importantly, both yesterday and today he's reported significant improvement in his tremors!!! The way he describes the tremors is that he can feel them "inside" and doesn't feel them inside anymore, or to a much less extent.

My mom confirmed his tremors were much less severe, too!

So, while it's only been a few days and we're all waiting to see how it works in the long-term, the initial signs are very positive for his Parkinsons. :thumb:

EARLY RESULTS OF THE RSO CAP'S FOR PARKINSONS ARE POSITIVE!!! :yahoo:

I just spoke to my dad again today to get an update on how he was doing with the RSO cap's after his first couple of days.

When I spoke to him yesterday, he sounded tired/stoned which is how he said the caps were making him feel. When he answered the phone today, I could immediately tell he sounded better and asked him if he had taken a cap yet today, assuming he hadn't.

He said that he had and he was starting to adjust to the meds so was feeling much less tired.

More importantly, both yesterday and today he's reported significant improvement in his tremors!!! The way he describes the tremors is that he can feel them "inside" and doesn't feel them inside anymore, or to a much less extent.

My mom confirmed his tremors were much less severe, too!

So, while it's only been a few days and we're all waiting to see how it works in the long-term, the initial signs are very positive for his Parkinsons. :thumb:

This is great to hear.

I went to a Cafeteria for lunch today. While sitting there surrounded by folks in their 70s, 80s and possibly older; it dawned on me that I could live quite a few years longer. :oops:

That Wood be great Mr Krip. I know Miss J has been a pretty heavy pot smoker for like 10-12 years. Well when she first started taking the RSO treatment she was getting alittle toasted. And the doses are so small taking it straight, she started with about 1/2 grain of rice, 3 times a day. It's her goal to take 60 mills in 90 days. She takes a tad and wipes it on a little square of bread and squeeze it around it. I know alot of people cap it, which wood make dosing alot easier. You could thin it abit but then I heard horror stories of people precapping and alittle solvent was left, eating thru the caps, and leaving a sticky nasty mess. Best wishes and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom