Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Tead???? You been AWOL for awhile. Hope you will turn up sooner rather then later lol.

I usually quick dry in the oven at 170F still dont taste super great but not horrible either
I put mine in an envelope, fold it almost shut, then lay it on top of 400w hps light hood, and when light comes on the next day, it's ready. Better than microwave. Subbed, as I'm in the process of building a hempy grow, using 2 lt. soda bottles, in coco. Will start new journal, soon as I get going. $$ will be a problem till after Xmas. !! I did same style about 5 yrs. ago, and can't believe i saved the bottles. I was using soil mix at that time. Worked real good as I remember !! I quit because of plant counts, being over by about 10 fold, Ha !! Hopeing to learn coco as I grow !! Hey, that rhymes !! Now i'll go get caught up to date . I'm 5 weeks into bloom on another project, so drop over and check it out? Good luck Tead !!

Perhaps we're both dark individuals... but I've totally been worried and can see that damn train headed down the tracks.
1 yr. since this post, and we're legal in Ma., Ca., Me., Nevada, and I can't believe az. pooped their pants !! Get er done !! I find a lot of good stuff on these old reads !! Now let me go look for the growing part !!

Yes totally, I was just being lazy at the time. I know he's mentioned it before -in terms of ml/gallon.
There are thousands of potential reasons why someone would vanish from the forum, many of them very ordinary reasons like computer crashes and such. Posting on 420 is something that's going to become low priority when any pressing personal issues come along. It's worrying, but it's just a part of the forum we have to accept somehow, comes along with the ability to be anonymous. Hoping you're well wherever you are Tead.

:passitleft:

Was talking with the wife about stuff and I got on the topic of your food rants and she wanted me to ask ya what you think of "king cake"

Coming out of a solstice induced 'funk'... King Cake really seems like an awesome way jump back in... thanks!

Round cinnamon circle cakes with lots of icing and other sugar based colored glazes. I believe they have some European history, but the local version is a significant departure from those European roots.
So good... Mardi Gras is just around the corner and they'll be everywhere very soon!
There are several 'versions'. Usually versioning is based on various fillings. Fruit fillings are popular. Personally, I'm a fan of the Cream Cheese filled variety.
Of course.... then there are the traditions that go with the cakes....
Traditional King Cakes have a small plastic baby (about 1" long) hiding somewhere under/inside the cake. If you get the piece of King Cake with the baby inside, you're King for the day. Of course, your 'coronation' comes with no fanfare of fancy jewels and you discover that the only duty of your new 'position' is to bring a King Cake tomorrow so that someone else can be King for the day.
Fun. Plus, this kicks in on day1 of Mardi Gras season. The Carnival season actually begins on Jan. 6, which is King's Day (Feast of the Epiphany). Fat Tuesday is never on the same day each year because Easter Sunday is never on the same Sunday each year. Fat Tuesday is always the day before Ash Wednesday. This all translates into almost 2 months of daily King Cakes.

Hmmm... choco cake for breakfast anyone?

Damn it... another hempy grow to follow! :rofl:
I've used the hood drying in the past. At the moment, I'm running a bare cool tube with a reflector inside the tube... so trying to keep anything in place on the round tube is somewhat problematic. I like that method tho.

Welcome along SP! I like to see variations on the theme and coco catches my interest.

I put mine in an envelope, fold it almost shut, then lay it on top of 400w hps light hood, and when light comes on the next day, it's ready. Better than microwave. Subbed, as I'm in the process of building a hempy grow, using 2 lt. soda bottles, in coco. Will start new journal, soon as I get going. $$ will be a problem till after Xmas. !! I did same style about 5 yrs. ago, and can't believe i saved the bottles. I was using soil mix at that time. Worked real good as I remember !! I quit because of plant counts, being over by about 10 fold, Ha !! Hopeing to learn coco as I grow !! Hey, that rhymes !! Now i'll go get caught up to date . I'm 5 weeks into bloom on another project, so drop over and check it out? Good luck Tead !!

Let's peek at some photos from my feeding the other day....

Betty bikini action in late December... keeping my winter just a touch sexier.
IMAG48913.jpg

A broad shot of a overly busy veg tent.
IMAG48942.jpg

UltraDog. Just starting to develop first signs of bud. Did I mention that UD1 is a female yet?
IMAG48991.jpg

Pineapple chunk coming along.
IMAG4904.jpg
IMAG4906.jpg

Osmocote+ fed Critical Plus 2.0
IMAG4909.jpg
IMAG4906.jpg

DynaGro fed Critical Plus 2.0
IMAG4915.jpg
IMAG4911.jpg

DynaGro fed Critical Plus 2.0 in 2L pot.
IMAG49201.jpg
IMAG4916.jpg

Hmmmmm... not sure which plant this was from...
IMAG49211.jpg

I see Rifleman finally scared you enough to show yourself. :laughtwo: Hello stranger. Merry Christmas Eve.

:xmas::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I don't know about your home but this is the day we get excited about. Christmas is sleeping in and leftovers from the party the night before. Americans....all about having it right NOW! Lol!

I was thinking about you while watering my clones in smaller pots, considering how gently you've led me back to the reality that I enjoy the smaller plants. There's something very soothing about working with a plant that isn't the size of you. If I can learn to meet my needs like this I think I'd be very happy. I run on large quantities of high octane cannabis. That's a mighty big level of production for small pots to keep up with.

The Pineapple Chunk looks good enough to eat. Does it smell as good as the name implies?

Tead said:
Pineapple chunk coming along.
IMAG4904.jpg
IMAG4906.jpg

Coming out of a solstice induced 'funk'... King Cake really seems like an awesome way jump back in... thanks!

Round cinnamon circle cakes with lots of icing and other sugar based colored glazes. I believe they have some European history, but the local version is a significant departure from those European roots.
So good... Mardi Gras is just around the corner and they'll be everywhere very soon!
There are several 'versions'. Usually versioning is based on various fillings. Fruit fillings are popular. Personally, I'm a fan of the Cream Cheese filled variety.
Of course.... then there are the traditions that go with the cakes....
Traditional King Cakes have a small plastic baby (about 1" long) hiding somewhere under/inside the cake. If you get the piece of King Cake with the baby inside, you're King for the day. Of course, your 'coronation' comes with no fanfare of fancy jewels and you discover that the only duty of your new 'position' is to bring a King Cake tomorrow so that someone else can be King for the day.
Fun. Plus, this kicks in on day1 of Mardi Gras season. The Carnival season actually begins on Jan. 6, which is King’s Day (Feast of the Epiphany). Fat Tuesday is never on the same day each year because Easter Sunday is never on the same Sunday each year. Fat Tuesday is always the day before Ash Wednesday. This all translates into almost 2 months of daily King Cakes.

Hmmm... choco cake for breakfast anyone?

Sure, here ya go. I have chocolate cake every morning. It's got enough kick for any engine. Lol!

IMG_27809.JPG

Damn it... another hempy grow to follow! :rofl:
I've used the hood drying in the past. At the moment, I'm running a bare cool tube with a reflector inside the tube... so trying to keep anything in place on the round tube is somewhat problematic. I like that method tho.

Welcome along SP! I like to see variations on the theme and coco catches my interest.
actually, It's not hempy as I have my drain holes in bottom of bottles. So just sea of green I guess. If hempy is better, then I can go hempy with my next batch of 2 liter bottles, no problem.

I see Rifleman finally scared you enough to show yourself.

For reasons I don't quite understand, these words trigger a funny memory... I'll share.
Young Tead once wore way too much green. He roamed the hills and jungles of various lands with his brothers in arms while generally visiting chaos and 'creativity' upon those we encountered be they friend or foe... tho admittedly, the 'foes' got a touch less friendly version.
One of the real goals of all my comrades was training young ones just learning the warrior arts. One often finds mentors along one's journeys thru this training. Tead had many mentors along his path as well. We'll talk about one of those gents for just a moment... he deserves the words. Let's call him 'Harvey' (no... not the rabbit... gawd you're old!). Harvey was an old dog. He was in my world because he fucked up hard and got busted. His experience was deep and included some stints in Vietnam as an infantryman (mech.... lazy fuck!). His little book of tricks was very long to say the least.
Harvey and Tead had a little work to do before their comrades showed up for some normally scheduled training. It was a corner of the world covered in thick jungle and tended to be a regular training area that we visited a few times every year. We drop into a little clearing in the middle of this area from the skid of a little Kiowa OH-58 (always a fun ride!). Harvey and Tead spend the day wandering the area and planning the deployment and setup for the upcoming training session.
So, the daylight is waning. Tead and Harvey are starting to think about where they're going to crash for the night. We stroll into a bit of a clearing... a very standard little clearing with absolutely no marking or other indicator making it unique in any way. Harvey freezes and throws me a quick 'hold' hand signal. He drops down to one knee, brushes aside some minor dirt and undergrowth, and pulls a fifth of Beam right out of the god damn ground!
Tead learned many lessons from Harvey. Many he shared with other young gentlemen as they flowed thru his world. This one was shared a time or two and was always just so fun for me to do. The opportunity didn't come along often, but you know Tead had to jump whenever possible.

So, to address the original words... being chased down by another Leg is an honor I appreciate.
Harvey will always have a special place in my memory. His existence remains only in memory these days along with many others that shared that bond. I'm very lucky to have a chance to visit with them again this way... Thanks!

The Pineapple Chunk looks good enough to eat. Does it smell as good as the name implies?

Damn... I got to story telling and forgot to answer your question..... amateurish.
Hang on... the crits and the PC have unique smells and I forget which is which.... lemme go rub a bud with each hand....

Ok... grabbed a bowl on my way out... PC is super lemon-y. It reminds me of some lemon scented Mr. Clean. The Critical+ 2.0 is much more fruity smelling. Side note... the UltraDog is exuding that deep diesel-y smell and the whole shed is getting smelly.

Strange weather. No wind. 65f. Dense fog... so dense that it's raining underneath the trees. My tree covered deck is soaked, but my uncovered cement walkway is nice and dry. Shorts and sandals for Christmas... oh yeah!

Merry Christmas Tead :hug:

Back at 'cha. It's a quiet day around Tead's domain. No screaming brats or drunken uncles. I might even do some work today if I don't get too tied up cooking. My sweetheart likes to make a special breakfast treat on Christmas morning... but she'll not be awake for a few hours so Tead may have to cheat. Got a big chunk of ham to cook up this afternoon. Plenty of herb waiting for me on the back porch... should be a very mellow day.
How does an AngryBird spend the holiday?

Back
Top Bottom