Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

The new 6" 4 plant cloner. I could probably squeeze in 8.

TD20171218_082037.jpg
TD20171218_082337.jpg
TD20171218_082706.jpg

The 1gallon ziplock freezer bag fit the 6" PVC perfectly.

I flood the perlite pot when I pull them out. Plug hole, fill with water, wiggle out clone. Sometimes, if I let the roots get big, I have to dump the pot out roots, plant, and all.

That's what I do, too. It's the only way to untangle the roots. Cloning them in one container is much easier than one clone per solo cup.

Right i have a whole table full of 20oz foam cups each with alil baby starting in it lol man having 3 or 4 of these wud be way easier then 20 lil cups haha but yea bro i was wondering do u finish all ur girls in the pvc pipes or is this the first time with the pvc?

Hey man, just stopping by. Wanted to let you know that I think that OG Kush has earned a permanent spot in the garden, at least for the next few months. Everyone is loving her when they want to melt into the couch. And the smell, man, that's something else!

Hey man, just stopping by. Wanted to let you know that I think that OG Kush has earned a permanent spot in the garden, at least for the next few months. Everyone is loving her when they want to melt into the couch. And the smell, man, that's something else!

I was lucky enough to get some of TheRedDragon's OG Kush, and the daughter's eyes brightened when I read the label off to her. :laughtwo: Then she tried the Jamaican, and the search was over. Lol! I personally prefer a good sativa at any point in the day or night.

The new 6" 4 plant cloner. I could probably squeeze in 8.

TD20171218_082037.jpg
TD20171218_082337.jpg
TD20171218_082706.jpg

The 1gallon ziplock freezer bag fit the 6" PVC perfectly.

Oh, I like the looks of this. Those Halloween buckets I found would be perfect. I'll have to find a bag that'll fit, but by gosh, I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier. :high-five:

Right i have a whole table full of 20oz foam cups each with alil baby starting in it lol man having 3 or 4 of these wud be way easier then 20 lil cups haha but yea bro i was wondering do u finish all ur girls in the pvc pipes or is this the first time with the pvc?

I've been starting cuttings or seeds in 2" round 5" tall PVC pots. When they get roots, I move them to their finishing pot... usually a 12" tall 6" diameter PVC pot with a hempy hole about 3" up.

Wow... permanent ehh?!?! That's sayin something!
Don't make me sing another love song to the OGKs.

I was lucky enough to get some of TheRedDragon's OG Kush, and the daughter's eyes brightened when I read the label off to her. :laughtwo: Then she tried the Jamaican, and the search was over. Lol! I personally prefer a good sativa at any point in the day or night.

I've not really stretched around and tried other versions of OGK. Dunno why. Seems kinda dumb if you think about it. If I love one OGK, why not try some more?
Meh.
Indicas seem to do better in my world. Perhaps they like the heat just a touch more than sativas.

Oh, I like the looks of this. Those Halloween buckets I found would be perfect. I'll have to find a bag that'll fit, but by gosh, I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier. :high-five:

Meh... one bag's pretty much the same as the next. Yours work great and have been working great for a good while. Mine might save a touch of room in the tent.... that can be very valuable.

I got a touch crazy with the camera yesterday... hang on.

Quick shots of the outdoor world...
Ox, UD1, Malawi, UD1
DSCN62732.JPG

Malawi, GDP, GDP, CrUD, NL
DSCN62721.JPG

Some seeds. I've become too lazy to put a ziplock bag on them and just use a translucent solo cup (go-cup) as a humidity dome.
DSCN6275.JPG
DSCN62761.JPG

Some clones working on roots
DSCN62701.JPG
DSCN62692.JPG

Now we'll dive into the veg tent plants. I setup a light and a camera on a tripod.... fancy photos!

A little Ox clone just starting out
DSCN62601.JPG

Ox
DSCN62682.JPG

UltraDog seedlings.... the one on the right got knocked over and reset about a week ago.
DSCN62673.JPG

This is an OGK re-veg. Crazy lookin... but she'll be pumping out new veg growth any day now.
DSCN62632.JPG

This in an OX I'm trying to grow really large.
DSCN62611.JPG

Malawi
DSCN62621.JPG

Another Ox
DSCN62641.JPG

An SSDC auto.
DSCN62652.JPG

PLINY Lights x Cali Dream
DSCN62662.JPG

The indoor garden as a whole...
DSCN62711.JPG

Ever think of using a plastic egg carton as a cloner?? I use to use these plastic soda bottles cut and inverted to make a single family dwelling for clones.. Worked great,,, burn acouple holes in the top for air flow and there ya go......... But here's my N-Rigged cloner
Nigger_Rig_Cloners.JPG

These Hempys,, I see the drain hole,,, which is top level of the water reservoir right? That the same setup that uses them 'Dutch' pots I think. Naw they are called 'EuroGrower Bato Bucket'. They do a top drip and the shape of the pot always leaves a small section full of water. I almost bout one. Hella functional setup if you want a good heavy duty unit. I think it grows out 8 plants ontop it's own water supply reservoir. Neat and clean. and the pots are large enough to handel a good size root mass.

Hey I got a question???? You get a GOOOOOD rain... One of them that flooded the lawns into puddles and it all runs to the street..... Is there alot small white stuff floating down to the street after the rains? A long line of perlite floating from your drive all the way to the sewer opening?? Looks like you got a good sized waste pile started..... Do you waste alot after afew grows? If so look into a community garden to take your waste in the spring planting. They wood love some perlite, hell even used soils they love......... I can get rid of acouple truck loads every spring or winter..... Even after leaching soils out they still retain alot of goodies whem mixed with native shit...

Busy over here,. GL and Keepem Green

I didn't answer that very well... lemme take another swing at it.

Been doin the PVC pots for a good long time now. Cloning in the 6" rounds is new for me, but I've been cloning in the 2" rounds for quite a while now.
If you're doing large amounts of clones, perhaps a cloning tray of some sort would be a better choice. The little rounds I use really fit in my small world, but 20 would be overwhelming. I would think that the foam cups are pretty much just as functional as my little pvc rounds.... I just had a bunch of PVC hanging around rather than foam cups.

If you dive into PVC, your local plumbing supply shop is your best bet. They'll cut it to whatever lengths you ask for... it can be difficult to get a straight cut on a 6" round. They have the orange caps... 'pressure test caps' that hold 40psi... easy to get on or off... easier when you warm it with hot water from the sink first.

You can get white or green PVC and black ABS. I use the white because I want to reflect heat rather than absorb it.
There are many size options. Some of it very expensive, some cheap. You can get the orange caps for most sizes.

Ever think of using a plastic egg carton as a cloner?? I use to use these plastic soda bottles cut and inverted to make a single family dwelling for clones.. Worked great,,, burn acouple holes in the top for air flow and there ya go......... But here's my N-Rigged cloner
Nigger_Rig_Cloners.JPG

These Hempys,, I see the drain hole,,, which is top level of the water reservoir right? That the same setup that uses them 'Dutch' pots I think. Naw they are called 'EuroGrower Bato Bucket'. They do a top drip and the shape of the pot always leaves a small section full of water. I almost bout one. Hella functional setup if you want a good heavy duty unit. I think it grows out 8 plants ontop it's own water supply reservoir. Neat and clean. and the pots are large enough to handel a good size root mass.

Hey I got a question???? You get a GOOOOOD rain... One of them that flooded the lawns into puddles and it all runs to the street..... Is there alot small white stuff floating down to the street after the rains? A long line of perlite floating from your drive all the way to the sewer opening?? Looks like you got a good sized waste pile started..... Do you waste alot after afew grows? If so look into a community garden to take your waste in the spring planting. They wood love some perlite, hell even used soils they love......... I can get rid of acouple truck loads every spring or winter..... Even after leaching soils out they still retain alot of goodies whem mixed with native shit...

Busy over here,. GL and Keepem Green

Man... you're just full of good ideas this morning!

I can't use an external res of any type really. It's the byproduct of living in such a hot world. Any sitting water with nutes would become a rot ridden mess without tons of hydrogen peroxide and a hellofa chiller. Been there... done that... it looks like this....
roots_30veg23flow.jpg
badgirl4.jpg

Wow those are old!

These are the reasons I stay with the simple perlite hempy pots.

Never even considered the perlite floating down the street or donating it to the local community garden.
My raised bed garden is about 6" up, so the water would need to get pretty deep. Usually when such events occur, there are better things to worry about than a bit of white flotsam floating in the mess.... but still... it would sure make Tead chuckle a bit.
I've got tons of it. Too lazy to recycle it, but not too lazy to run some bags of it over to the local community garden. Thanks!

Man your garden looks so nice and healthy! Those are all osmo+?

I too have fallen for the OG Kush. I've plenty to choose from but keep going back to the OGK jars.

I got a touch crazy with the camera yesterday... hang on.

Quick shots of the outdoor world...
Ox, UD1, Malawi, UD1
DSCN62732.JPG

Malawi, GDP, GDP, CrUD, NL
DSCN62721.JPG

Some seeds. I've become too lazy to put a ziplock bag on them and just use a translucent solo cup (go-cup) as a humidity dome.
DSCN6275.JPG
DSCN62761.JPG

Some clones working on roots
DSCN62701.JPG
DSCN62692.JPG

Now we'll dive into the veg tent plants. I setup a light and a camera on a tripod.... fancy photos!

A little Ox clone just starting out
DSCN62601.JPG

Ox
DSCN62682.JPG

UltraDog seedlings.... the one on the right got knocked over and reset about a week ago.
DSCN62673.JPG

This is an OGK re-veg. Crazy lookin... but she'll be pumping out new veg growth any day now.
DSCN62632.JPG

This in an OX I'm trying to grow really large.
DSCN62611.JPG

Malawi
DSCN62621.JPG

Another Ox
DSCN62641.JPG

An SSDC auto.
DSCN62652.JPG

PLINY Lights x Cali Dream
DSCN62662.JPG

The indoor garden as a whole...
DSCN62711.JPG
Man teads for those lookn good. And they r jus osmo girls man that's easy enuf lol. Yea i jus germed and popped a tail on 2 blue dream's and a girl scout cookie. So my nex few harvest are guna be insane tastey lol I'll have so many strains to choose from haha but yea man girls r lookn real good great job bro.

Man teads for those lookn good. And they r jus osmo girls man that's easy enuf lol. Yea i jus germed and popped a tail on 2 blue dream's and a girl scout cookie. So my nex few harvest are guna be insane tastey lol I'll have so many strains to choose from haha but yea man girls r lookn real good great job bro.

Thanks baby!
The machine just keeps rolling... seedlings and clones fed into one end, buds out the other.... just a matter of keeping the wheels rolling.

Speaking of which....
The time is nearing.... outdoor light will pass the 12hr mark around March 15th (is that the 'Ides of March'?).
I'm going to address the issue by continuing the machine as normal until that date, then moving the plants indoors under a 12/12 lighting schedule.
Of course, temps are giving me a challenge as usual. I left the AC mounted this year, so the warmer days are easy to deal with (82f yesterday), but the chilly days give me a challenge. I really don't have a heated darkened area for the big girls when the temps drop below 50f (predicted lows in the 40s). Gotta figure something out... the last cold front really gave the girls a good bit of grief and I don't want to do that dance again.

A local Christmas Eve tradition is big bonfires on the levies to guide Santa in. I don't usually attend the event, but Tead's feeling pretty tempted this year.... I may have to roam out and enjoy some smoke out on the levies this year.

Thanks baby!
The machine just keeps rolling... seedlings and clones fed into one end, buds out the other.... just a matter of keeping the wheels rolling.

Speaking of which....
The time is nearing.... outdoor light will pass the 12hr mark around March 15th (is that the 'Ides of March'?).
I'm going to address the issue by continuing the machine as normal until that date, then moving the plants indoors under a 12/12 lighting schedule.
Of course, temps are giving me a challenge as usual. I left the AC mounted this year, so the warmer days are easy to deal with (82f yesterday), but the chilly days give me a challenge. I really don't have a heated darkened area for the big girls when the temps drop below 50f (predicted lows in the 40s). Gotta figure something out... the last cold front really gave the girls a good bit of grief and I don't want to do that dance again.

A local Christmas Eve tradition is big bonfires on the levies to guide Santa in. I don't usually attend the event, but Tead's feeling pretty tempted this year.... I may have to roam out and enjoy some smoke out on the levies this year.
The bonfire idea sounds like it wud be fun have fun n hope u have a good holiday.

Fire up a fatty for me while you're out there. Merry Christmas Eve Tead. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom