Techman's 720W LED Indoor Flower Session

Techman

Techman's 720w LED Indoor Flower Session

Hello Folks. I'm making some time to share with you my personal, confidential and not to mention most favorite hobby. This is my first try at a grow Journal, I hope you enjoy.

First off let me start off by stating that I am not a professional grower. This is only my 3rd year growing personal meds and most of the time I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I've grown plenty of food, as I have always had an outdoor garden, It's playing God inside I'm not the best at.

Secondly, A shout out to all the great folks here at 420. I've learned quite a bit and I don't think I've seen a friendlier; more mature, and helpfully group of people anywhere. Thanks again.

Anyway.....I'll be happy to receive all input and help as I try to get these 4 girls thru the next 45-50 days without too much damage.

Let's see if I can provide some adequate info on this grow.....

Soil - FFOF/FFHF with several scoops of garden lime thrown in.
Nutrients - Fox Farm GB, BB, TB, Indonesian Bat Guano (0.5-13-0.2), Cal/Mag, & Molasses
Water - Rain Barrel Collected (ph 6.5 - ppm .003)
Lights — Led -12/12 cycle
Temp - was 80-84 before today (thats another story) - 76-80 w/new 10,000btu AC.
Space —5x5x8' closet inside a 16x16 sealed room.("My Setup)
Pesticides — Azamax applied weekly throughout veg and two weeks into flowering. For the room, a daily sweep up and a good perimeter spray inside and out every now then has kept me bug free.

The Strains(All vegged under a 6 bulb T-5 Floro)
Grow_Room_027.jpg

From Left to Right.....

Lady 1 — Afghan— Indica dominate(short-med, fat & fast flowering)

(baby pic, isn't she cute!)

Grow_Room_946_.jpg
Grow_Room_011.jpg
Copy_2_of_Grow_Room_004.jpg

Pot size appx 5gal
- Cloned on 5/24/2013 from a 2 year old mother
- 20 days into flower - flipped on 8/22/2013

This lovely lady was going to be my first SOG but turned into a beautiful SCROG instead. These buds are usually really really sticky with a nice fruity smell. The smoke is smooth and mellow and the high is heavy and long lasting.

Lady 2 — Blue Dream50/50 Indica/sativa(medium tall, fat & fast flowering)
Grow_Room_014.jpg
Grow_Room_0152.jpg
Grow_Room_029.jpg
Grow_Room_0052.jpg

Pot size appx 3gal
- Cloned on 6/28/2012 from a 2 year old mother
- 20 days into flower - flipped on 8/22/2013

Ahhh Blue Dream...What can I say...A fast growing, highly resinous, aromatic, large bud making piece of heaven!!!!!. Oh yea and it gets me high as f _ _ k too!!

Ladies 3 & 4Unknown Sativa (tall, lankly, longer flowering period)

Grow_Room_017.jpg
Grow_Room_019.jpg
Grow_Room_030.jpg

Maybe I'll have a naming contest after they finish..... what do you think?

Pot size appx 3gal
- Cloned on 5/31/2012 from a 2year old mother
-14 days into flower — flipped on 8/28/2013

These strain love to stretch; in fact I don't think it stops growing the entire time. The buds are on the smaller side but usually very solid and filled with resin. It's has a strong dank smell but smokes smooth and tasty.

Lights - I'm using a non-sponsor brand, so I won't mention the name. (If you want to know who the manufacturer is send me a PM)
Grow_Room_025.jpg
Grow_Room_0072.jpg
Grow_Room_022.jpg

Here are the specs:
720 Led Watts(240 led's@3w), 480w draw, 2 switch reflector style
It is a fairly large panel (32"X19") Appx 23lbs
Light spectrum: 730nm, 660nm, 630nm, 610nm, 460nm, 440nm, 6500K, 2800K
Switch one: 660, 460, 630, 610, 730 - Switch two: 660, 630, 460, 440, 6500K, 2800K
The inferred thermometer reads between 87-94 when pointed at and around the lamp.
I've had this light since May 2013 and I have completed a few grows with it. It works very well. I switched to LED's from a 600w HID. I've never used it for veg so I can't comment on how well it does there. I'm running the light at just under 3' above the tops right now and they seem to be doing very well. I'm not sure where the "sweet spot" for this light is. I had it a lot closer on the last run but it seems like the plants are doing better with it further away.

Feeding
As for the feeding schedule, I have the Cal/Mag mixed at 1tsp/gal in a 5gal jug. This goes in every feeding along with 1tsp of molasses per gallon of the cal/mag mix. The others (BB, TB & Guano) I plan to use every other watering at the recommended dosage up until two weeks out.

Do I ph my water - no, I recently got a tester, I test to see what it is but I make no adjustments
Do I PH my soil - no
Do I ph my run off - no
ppm meter — Yes does it make a difference to me — not at this time.
Defoliage — No
Crush/Bend Stems — Uggg....Yes, Trying it out.

I try to post new pics every Monday until harvest. Yes I know I'm a crappy photographer....The wife said she will step in and provide us with some quality photos for next Monday...

Hmmm let's see, I've covered the set-up, strains, Lights, temps and nutrients..... got the pics uploaded... Time to click post and send it to ya....

Enjoy....:blunt:

Nice Techman! Great Afgan. Wish I had a variety going like you. Your led seems pretty high up, I would move my plants closer together and lower it to about a 1'. They are gonna need all the LUX they can get late flowering and led's lose around 3/4 potency past 2' or so I'm told. Do you have only the flowering switch on now or both flowering and grow?

Hey Cloud,

1' seem a little close, this light is pretty strong. I'll get the actual height measurement tonight. and Yes, both switches are on (Full Power)

I adjusted the LED to about 24 inches above the canopy. This light really puts out, No problem covering my 5x5 space. All the girls got a drink of Calmag, Guano & Molasses yesterday. No signs of any problems yet.

Jeeeezzzz, where is everyone?

Anyway,

Funny thing on the two Sativa, One looks to be about a week behind the other. Kinda strange since they were cloned, and vegged exactly the same time.

I also took Cloud's advice, I squeezed everything in and dropped the light to about 1'. My cheesy light meter is maxed out at the top and 1/2 way at the bottom so it seem there is good penetration.

I'll get some pics updated tonight.

Sorry, No pics last night...I will try again tonight to get some. As for the two Sativa, I know why 1 is behind. I did the branch twist\snap thing on one of these and it looks like it set her back a little. Speaking on that subject, I don't think I am going to do anything else to stress/damage my plants including defoliate, snap/twist, or break stems. This just slows things down and I have seen far too little benefits in my grows from using those methods.

I will continue to top, fim, LST and clean up lower branches as those methods seem to cause the least stress and damage. As a matter of fact, I will have some very interestingly LST trained plants moving to the flower room after these are finished.

see ya.

Well....this camera sucks! Here are a few pics to hold you over until we get this camera issue resolved. I have a journal of the feedings that I will post soon so we can see exactly what went into these girls.

I believe were at day 26-27 on the Afghan and Dream, and 19-20 on the Twins.

DSC029882.JPG
DSC029991.JPG
DSC030121.JPG
DSC030142.JPG

See the difference in the one on the right that was "Snapped"
DSC030272.JPG

by the way, I thought I had a few friends here.......

Greetings 420'ers Hers is my Update. Everything is looking good!!

Afghan - Day 32
Grow_Room_260.jpg
Grow_Room_262.jpg
Grow_Room_267.jpg

Blue Dream - Day 32

Grow_Room_259.jpg
Grow_Room_257.jpg
Grow_Room_255.jpg

Sativa Twins - Day 25

Grow_Room_284.jpg
Grow_Room_280.jpg

My GEHL LED work great! 720W (480 Draw) >$500

Well I couldn't resist adding more photos...This is why I love Blue Dream...

BD_608.jpg
BD_600.jpg

Here is my new clone maker

BD_612.jpg

and here is my old school clone maker

BD_614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom