The 420fied Plan

420, first good luck with the adventure! You sound like a man of planning and it does take that from the beginning. Like S Weed, Ive spent my time in the hills here in the "Emerald Triangle" doin what yer fixin to do.

The guerilla thing began around here in the 70's and has been perfected to a smooth science over the years. Well, lets just say a combination of smooth & shit happens. LOL

To give you an idea of a normal rogue op in our neckof the woods, 2 harvests are done. It all begins with a reasonable sized hothouse/greenhouse. All the plants are started at the same time around Feb. By April-May height is apprx 2-3 ft tall. Half of the hot house is then sectioned off, darkened with no-light and flowering is induced. Those are planted in May and harvested in Aug. 2 reasons- The man isnt looking for grows in Aug and the early crop brings high $$ because the stuff is scarce around then, if youre into the sort of thing.(winkin)

The remaining plants are planted in late May, early June and harvested on a normal summer run, harvesting in Oct which is usually a larger yield due to the longer run. Some of the old timers can get 3 harvest durin a summer run.

The key in this whole process is using clones. No males, smaller plants and quicker maturity time. If the males are eliminated before the crops are begun, it's not so much about wasted space, tending, pollination risks etc, it's all about detection. 5 plants are harder to see/find than 10 while youre waiting to see which is which.

Last thing to keep in mind. You will never see them comin. As I said, the earlier you can harvest when the man isnt lookin, the better youre chances. Any "tricks of the trade" I can share with ya with, holler. Good luck man, yer a real cowboy...MF

420, first good luck with the adventure! You sound like a man of planning and it does take that from the beginning. Like S Weed, Ive spent my time in the hills here in the "Emerald Triangle" doin what yer fixin to do.

The guerilla thing began around here in the 70's and has been perfected to a smooth science over the years. Well, lets just say a combination of smooth & shit happens. LOL

To give you an idea of a normal rogue op in our neckof the woods, 2 harvests are done. It all begins with a reasonable sized hothouse/greenhouse. All the plants are started at the same time around Feb. By April-May height is apprx 2-3 ft tall. Half of the hot house is then sectioned off, darkened with no-light and flowering is induced. Those are planted in May and harvested in Aug. 2 reasons- The man isnt looking for grows in Aug and the early crop brings high $$ because the stuff is scarce around then, if youre into the sort of thing.(winkin)

The remaining plants are planted in late May, early June and harvested on a normal summer run, harvesting in Oct which is usually a larger yield due to the longer run. Some of the old timers can get 3 harvest durin a summer run.

The key in this whole process is using clones. No males, smaller plants and quicker maturity time. If the males are eliminated before the crops are begun, it's not so much about wasted space, tending, pollination risks etc, it's all about detection. 5 plants are harder to see/find than 10 while youre waiting to see which is which.

Last thing to keep in mind. You will never see them comin. As I said, the earlier you can harvest when the man isnt lookin, the better youre chances. Any "tricks of the trade" I can share with ya with, holler. Good luck man, yer a real cowboy...MF

I hear ya bro. I don't have access to a greenhouse to induce like you so that's why I'm dead-set on running the fem'd autos.... for those very reasons you stated. They stay small, and the man won't be looking at all in June/July. Also, I won't have the luxury of tending them, hence the crystals...etc.

If I run autos my harvest will be mid July......perfect.

I look forward to sharing ideas with you for a long time to come.
:roorrip:

420fied... See you put alot of time in planning. ALL the power to you and the very best of luck! Seems everyone on 420 will benefit from your hard work towards uncharted waters. What would life be without Challanges...boring. This my friend is far from boring! I am glued here with fingers crossed hoping for your success. I will be watching and cheering with all I have. Be safe, invade slowly!

420- Fo sho brother balls! One last thing I forgot to mention and probably one of the most important. Around here, the fellas have spent 30+ years figuring out which strains are indigenous to our area in regard to outdoor bizness and which were just a waste of time. We ended up with only 2 strains for the northern coastal region.

I spent a lot of time goin against the grain tryin to grow the exotics (White Widow, Big Bud, N Lites etc) simply because i figured I'd corner the market but alas, the boys were right. In our area, fog is common, damper fall weather (molds), specific bugs etc and the exotics just dont do well vs the risks & efforts applied.

The mj plant is no different than plantin a veg garden. Different strains do better in different regions. It can mean the diff between success and failure even if all else goes well. You want somethin that will thrive and be as bullet proof to your area/region as possible and not spend your time bein frustrated growin somethin that just aint happy were it's at...peace n good luck...MF

420- Fo sho brother balls! One last thing I forgot to mention and probably one of the most important. Around here, the fellas have spent 30+ years figuring out which strains are indigenous to our area in regard to outdoor bizness and which were just a waste of time. We ended up with only 2 strains for the northern coastal region.

I spent a lot of time goin against the grain tryin to grow the exotics (White Widow, Big Bud, N Lites etc) simply because i figured I'd corner the market but alas, the boys were right. In our area, fog is common, damper fall weather (molds), specific bugs etc and the exotics just dont do well vs the risks & efforts applied.

The mj plant is no different than plantin a veg garden. Different strains do better in different regions. It can mean the diff between success and failure even if all else goes well. You want somethin that will thrive and be as bullet proof to your area/region as possible and not spend your time bein frustrated growin somethin that just aint happy were it's at...peace n good luck...MF

MF,

Thanks for the insight. I'm curious as to what 2 strains you have found to be the best for your area?

While my local reads Cali, I am indeed far from there(other coast). I am at 39* latitude, though.

420fied... See you put alot of time in planning. ALL the power to you and the very best of luck! Seems everyone on 420 will benefit from your hard work towards uncharted waters. What would life be without Challanges...boring. This my friend is far from boring! I am glued here with fingers crossed hoping for your success. I will be watching and cheering with all I have. Be safe, invade slowly!

Thank you. Planning is everything.

I'm in, you crazy fool. Good luck!

Wish I could be there to watch and/or help. Can't wait.

Thanks. It's going to be a challenge.

Your grow sure has peeked a lot of interest and some great advise already. I am sure you are going to do just fine. Won't miss a second of this one and have already learned so much...

hey 420f - The two strains of choice round the hood here is #1-Black Afghani- it flourishes, is one tuff girl and yields are outstanding. We avoid the seed route with these gals because bein a Sativa, from seeds they grow monsterous which can bring the "death from above" boys. Harder to conceal. The clones only reach around 5ft which in the right location(s) is tolerable. It's all about stealth brutha!.

#2 choice are any of the purps. Grand Daddy, Mendicino Purp, the Kush Line, Hazes & the like. The new kid on the block is Trainwreck. The entire purp line is easy to work with, hearty in all senses and packs a wallop...

In our local, the biggest thing we fight is the molds (grey) due to our predominately cooler climates. The purps do well combatting it being an Indica but the Blackies have to be watched. Our coastal breezes, for the most part, saves our crop bacon...Again, good luck buckaroo! :peace: MF

note: findin the strains that best suit your area can be an arduous task. It isnt like readin the back of a package of corn kernals. LOL To speed up the process, do a little covert investigating as to what the boys in the area are doin if ya have that luxury. Someone has to have done their homework. You strike me as a pretty imaginative person. I have no doubt you can get it done if you deem it crucial. LOL

woohoo another journal, great work 420fied

hey 420...Last last thing I promise, then I'll leave you alone. LOL I read your beginning plans several times, all the while thinkin something was odd. Couldnt put my finger on it, thought about it for a while and then it occurred to me.

I dont know of anyone in my area that is doin the rogue grow these days. My previous posts were kinda based on the good old days.LOL Our Prop 215 pretty much changed all that. What everyone got busy on when Prop 215 came about was how to grow more in a smaller space. Utilizing clones, 2 & 3 and even a few 4 crops a summer became the standard, using the hothouse method.

Being primarily rural here with either large backyards or an acre or 2 to work with, one you got your 215 med card, it was Katie bar the door. 1 med card is worth 6 legal plants but if ya become a caregiver to 5 buddies, that means you can grow theirs for them which is another 30 plants. Combine that with 3 grows a season and well, things begin to add up. And they say were just a bunch of dumb loggers up here. LOL To say the least, it became a case of there aint no earthly reason to be huckin all the supplies up to the grow on the quad with 5 gallon water/Gerry cans in your lap and bags of dirt coverin up the headlite. LOL

I find it interesting the different approaches that have to be taken depending on where ya live. Sorry for the ramblin...:peace: MF

Ok 420, three pages of posts in one 24 hour period, at this rate your journal will be appox. 1095 pages by the end of harvest. LOL

Ok 420, three pages of posts in one 24 hour period, at this rate your journal will be appox. 1095 pages by the end of harvest. LOL

Ha! It'll get much better when I start adding pictures of the clone racks, the holes, locations, etc.

Most of it now is just babble. It'll get really serious in the spring. I may run some aero until then to pass the time. I have some new genetics germing now.

ok, just got here 420, and boy do i have some opinions. lol.

man, i cant wait to see you do this. you gave such a good description in your last journal i felt like I did it with you, and now we get to do this!!! lol, fun.

ok, first off, i wouldn't strap your self to just autoAK, there are a lot of nice auto strains out there now, and with your set it and forget it style grow they should all cope about the same, so maybe some variety would be nice. also if you are going to buy in that kind of quantity, most seed banks will offer you a good discount, i could pm you which one i use, and give you the owners name to email.

but, if it's ak47 you want, just fem some seeds. you could do it first try i'm sure, I did. the two easiest ways are either STS (method i used in my last journal) or colloidal silver, which seems way easier to me but i have yet to try it. also, let me know, i will direct you to my instructions on STS, or there is one in the how to grow section here. or I can tell you how to make the colloidal silver. you could easily do this now and be ready with your beans by spring.

another option is if you did get normal seeds and pollinate with a male, you could always veg them for 3 weeks indoors before you put them out on may first, this would mean you have to carry 8-12" plants out to the sites, but you could sex them before you plant them, and then they would finish end of june!!!!!!!!!!!

in fact with autos, you could run 3 separate cycles without over lapping, all in the same holes if the medium is still good. lol.

i vote for you running a feminized auto journal, (could probably just use this journal) and we will help you make a thousand feminized autos. it is not as hard as it would seem from the prices you pay from a "bank". yeah they make bank alright.

other outdoor things. . . dud you should get some of those camo animal cameras that you put in the forest and they snap pics on a motion sensor (used to track wildlife), that way you could see if anyone does anything in the area. they are about 100 bucks at dicks sporting goods. could probably get them cheaper online.

another thing, it seems like you know what you want to put in the mix, but man andy botwin and i are both running modified versions of subcools supersoil, would seem to be absolutely perfect for what you want to do. should check it out, i'll pm you an offsite link.

i have more, but i'm getting tired. . . we have time to talk. lol.

About the colloidal silver method I have a pretty basic example on my journal and I will PM you on a link that I got the idea from and it is more in depth. I also think that it would be a good solution for you any way I will PM you so you can check it out and factor into you decision.

OK.... I've did my research and will definitely be doing the Colloidal Silver method. Thanks to you guys for bringing it to my attention. I am a noob in that particular area (breeding, femming seeds).

Here's an interesting post that I found in a thread that sonzor directed me to. I think it explains the process perfectly. Also, sonzor does a wonderful job of documenting the process with pictures in his journal.

Here goes:

"Howdy folks, heres my experiance with homebrewed colodial Silver which has given me 100% success with 100s of plants which equalled 100% females and 00.00% hermies and 00.00% males

i first used a 30yr old 3amp auto battery charger, but then switched to a more conventional discarded lil black AC ADAPTER which puts out DC9v 200mA

IMO anything will work( i don't recommend plugging directly into a wall socket though LOL)

i bought some alligator clips and attached them to the outlet wire on the charger,and clipped them on 2 pure silver 1oz ingots

i hang them iacross from each other in a pint jar "with out letting" the DISTILLED WATER ONLY touch the metal clips

plug it in and let it sit over night.

i find a silver sheen on top of the water usually and lil silver tails hanging from the ingots, they all disappear when the waters disturbed

put the solution in a spray bottle and start spraying your choice of females about 2weeks before you plan to switch them to 12/12

and when their in 12/12 continue to spray them till you see pollen balls start to develop, then stop.

i,ll spray them 3 times a day or once every day or twice every other day, it doesn't seem to matter. my Thai79 didn't show balls for 6 wks, Sour Diesel started to show after about 10days in12/12.

i have found the ball structure to be more like female buds then normal balls ,because the plant is female, and the balls don't dry and open and spread ther spunk into the wind like normal males,( in my experiance). every time i,ve had to pluck the fat ripest balls and sprinkle the pollen manually over the females. a small price/hassle to pay to produce gobbs of 100% female seeds IMO

anyway,the silver is a minor investment and theres nothing to lose in trying. and CS is healthy and non Toxic

you all have lil chargers from toys, radios, cell phs laying around, any will work IMO, the 3amp batt charger i used first seemed like a Nuclear Reactor as far as CS production goes, but it worked fine too. but was just to damn big and rusty etc to have on the kitchen counter hehehe

repeat- use Distilled Water only, my tap water didn't work and it stunk when brewed and its PH 7.00 and 140ppm every day,every year from a 460' private well (as good as it gets,i adj my PH and PPM meters with it) but it doesn't work for CS

stay safe GK

edit, i read 1000s of words on the subject of producing CS and treating the plants. and thought manOman what a Hassle, so i cobbled my stuff together as posted above, tried it with 1000% success(first time i got 7gms of rm Sour Diesel S1 seeds) every one a fat lady just like the mum, grown here,and by my friends in Cali. and Australia) all finished with the same fat juicy results with no males or hermies."

You guys may have just saved me thousands of dollars. I will build my CS unit today and report later.

Back
Top Bottom