The Beginning Has Begun

image13219.jpg
picked this up today,kept my reciept Just in case.
Defo re-planting in the next day or 2. I'm gona mix some of the soil mix I'm using the now(john innes #1) with the soil number 2 mix (john innes #2) putting the #1 stuff at the top end of the pot and the #2 at the bottom.it will all be mixed with perlite of course. There is a third bag I can buy which is called #3. This stuff is Just potting soil with enough nutes for different stages of the plants growth but I'm thinking that because I'm using my town nutes soon,I can skip on the #3 soil. Input guys,please
Cheers

I would of gotten a bulb more in the 6500k range since you have a hps light already.

Either way though, it couldn't hurt to put it in there.

Just thought I would throw this out here. 6000k-7500k is a good range for vegative growth. 2000k-3500k is good for flowering. The numbers are the degree kelvin of the bulb, aka the light spectrum it emits. During the spring time the sun puts out more blue light, during the fall it puts out more red/yellow light. Degree kelvin is just a measurement of the colors the bulb is putting out. I'm not sure about the color ranges above 10000k.

The red light in the 2000k-3500k makes the plant stretch, and the blue light in the 6000k-7500k keeps the plant bushy and the nodes tight.

Just read that my 400 watt hps is putting out about 45000 lumens. This is ok,I might add the other if it will sit alright.might wait to there bigger and clip it on to the side with another on the other side. Gonae mix my soil n stuff tonight for my baby kush and the twins. Still very unsure about the twins??

You are completely mistaken the "term": taking care of a plant.
Let the plant do its job whilest maintin the best possible environment for her. Remember the first rule, less is sometimes more. Just an advice.
You will not need that cfl beside the 400w in that box. Adding a little extra will always help but for a 0,8m2 grow area, the 400w is completely fine. Concentrate on the environment first, if that is set to perfect then consider adding more light. If you do it right you will be more than pleased with that 400w HPS. Trust me...like you know me...lol;)
There is no best time to transplant for a plant...just do it whenever you want.
About the pot...those things could cause you a lot of problems. Drill a couple of holes on the very bottom of the pot and make your life easier;)

I'm gona re-plant my twins and kush tomorrow,I have there pots ready. Anyone think I should keep the twins together?? I'm very wary about tring to split them. I'm considering either kepping them together or thinking of chopping the weaker plant?

Got my ph meter today. As rain water isn't as accessible as tap water I'm using tap water,boiled and cooled over night. The ph is reading 7.2 and the tds meter reads 339 ppm. I'm confident my water ph is not far from ideal 6.5. I will check the run off ph in due course

My timer let me down the smorning and I reckon my little babies lost out on about 90 mins of light. Will this be ok?

Just tell them it was a cloudy morning. They will move on.

/Obi

Also named my babies.....
Katie kush,sally,becky and faith(bigger twin) are skunk #1. I've called the other twin hope!lol.
As you can see,4 pots is about all am gona get.possibly could squeeze 1 more in the middle but I'm happy with 4. Starting to think I could have Just kept the twins together?

Back
Top Bottom