The Beginning Has Begun

image13571.jpg
image13572.jpg

Think there looking a bit better after a good drink,Thursday.going to to give the soil anotherbgood soaking tomorrow. Any ideas on when I should add some nutes? My soil said 4-5 wks worth of food already in it.maybe give it another week or so,but half measures.

The twin that survived seems to be out-growing the rest of her sisters. I've got a good feeling that "faith" will be a good sized plant with a good size yeild! Come monday ,that will be 3 weeks since I dropped my seeds into the soil/perlite polystyrene coffee cups ,after soaking them for roughly 12 hrs. I'm amazed at how quick there coming along and without adding any extra nutes. I'm equiped with some knowledge on how much I'm giving them when the time comes to add nutes,nutes from bio-bizz.5ml into a gallon of water. I've shop bought water which has a ph of 7.2 but as the soil is acting as a buffer.when I checked the run-off ph from that last soaking it was 6.9.only checked the 1 plant but hopefully they should be more or less the same. Anyways,sorry for babling on a bit,just sharing the info,putting it out there.

As this is my first attemp guys,should I be considering the scrog method? I've seen some cheap chicken-wire type stuff that could be modified and secured on to the tent uprights. I'm guessing that it encourages the plants to grow up through the holes and adds some support to them aswell? I could be way off the mark here not sure? Cheers

Hey guys you have went a bit quiet? Hope everything is well on your side of the continent. That's my babies 25 days old from seed and 23 days old since sprouted. I'm very pleased with how things are turning out so fae! Not too many issues to deal with so far either. I can clearly see the small pointy out bits on the stem which tells me there female.it was all females I started with but with the hot temps I was cautious about hermies. Seem to be fine through,happ days.

The spots could be caused by too much evaporation throughout the leaf. They do not need that HUGE fan (regarding their size) yet.
Too much "wind" could cause your leaf to dry out in spots. In severe cases the entire leaf could just die in 1 light cycle. Happened to me when I gave my babies too much direct airflow...and I have to emphasize direct...

You won't need that fan until the second week of flowering...maybe 3rd when the pistil shootout really starts. Since you have a proper air circulation (if i remember right) which means you have enough air movement. Don't ruin that with a massive fan:D

A little bit of air movement helps as it strengthens the stems. A pc fan will do that and your not gonna burn your ladies:p

Disregard my advice if you didn't even switch that shit on :D

How goes it my friend,great to hear from. The fan you see in the pics is a 12" 2 speed.its rather old and was just a quick fix to blow cooler air inside the tent due to the high temps I'm dealing with.my tent door is always open at the bottom so the fan is drawing in some cooler airand blowing it about the tent.it seems to be doing the trick. I'm going to order a 4" tent pocket fan that will fit in at the bottom nicely. Also I'm planning on drilling through to my bathroom cupboard,add some ducting to fan so I can get cooler fresher air into the tent.this way hopefully the temp will be kept low enough for me to keep the tent door shut at all times and re-attach the carbon filter. I'm ordering my fan from amazon later today

They look nice and healthy. Even if you feed them at the wrong ph! :) I didn't check the previous post where you said you feed them at ph7.2 try to aim 6.5 in soil. You will probably lock out some nutrients later on...in flowering, when they're going to be hungry....reeeeeeealy hungry:)
Maybe the spots indicate that as well...sorry for making it confusing. Gotta watch a lot of things while cultivating these ladies isn't it? :bitingnails::rofl:

But for now, they look healthy and progressing as they should. For a scrog method u better top them somewhere. For me is easier to fill up the net with side branches rather than with a main stem with branches.

About the ph situation,my water was averaging 7.6. I measured the run-off ph,it was reading 6.9. I read somewhere that if you have a good qaulity soil,it should act as a buffer for the ph side of things.also I thought 6.9 ph for the run-off was not too bad.
I haven't really any idea about the scrog method? I shall look more into this. Is it ok just to leave them be?

Search for the best ph range in soil on the forum. The runoff ph should be close to what you water with. : P
Google is your friend and I think there's plenty of topics about scrogging on the forum as well...many grow journals as example of how it should look or how NOT should =)) etc

I've always found the picture below to be a helpful pH reference guide.

pH_chart7.jpg

Just let the plant drop it. After while u can try to remove it. If they ain't need it anymore it will come off easily. It is completely normal to drop older foliage. Usually when they don't receive enough light or have no use for the plant in any way.
Hope that helps

Also.......the very 1st leafs to come out are now kinda dead looking,its it cool to tri them off at this stage? There very small and discoloured,cheers.

Agree with Highfly, if they're pretty dead, they should just come off naturally or with a very small pinch. If they had any green left to them, the plant would feed off any nutrients :;):

Back
Top Bottom