The Beginning Has Begun

Nice one,cheers guys. I've just ordered a small 4" in-line fan for tent pocket,it will fit nicely in the intake pocket at the bottom of the tent. I'm hoping that by adding this fan,my temps are kept down and I can keep the tent zipped up at all times cause the smell is just starting to surface,although me n the wife like it,best to keep it to a minimum. Once the new fan is up n running I will re-connect the current fan to the carbon filter and hopefully things keep ticking over smoothly

Yes. You want to gradually raise the light over time to prevent the top of the plants from getting too hot.

/Obi

image13866.jpg
image13865.jpg
image13864.jpg
Heres my little beauties after 4 wks

Gave them a decent drink last night,3 out 4 seems to be stretching well. I'm going to start with some nutes at half strength at the wknd. I'm a little unsure about what week I should flip the light to 12/12? I'm thinking maybe week 7? And as I babies are getting bigger and bushier,I'm thinking that maybe 4 plants will be too much,after all,my tent is just shy of a sqaure metre! Also my 420 buddies,when and where should I take cuttings for clones?and will I need stuff to start them off? I've read a bit on the subject but value you guys opinion. Cheers guys,peace out

Also my 420 buddies,when and where should I take cuttings for clones?and will I need stuff to start them off? I've read a bit on the subject but value you guys opinion. Cheers guys,peace out

I just took 4 clones, you can see what I have done, and what I'm doing to keep them going in my Clone grow - see my sig below.

To answer your question for now, here's what I've done:

8/22/14: 4 Clones taken @ 8am. Rockwool soaked in Olivia's Cloning Solution @ 6.0 ph, 320ppm. Used Olivia's Cloning Gel on cutting. I grabbed the best two I could from near the bottom of mother, but she wasn't very thick at the bottom, so I also grabbed two from closer to the top. I am keeping track of which are which, so we shall see if the old advice of grabbing clones from the bottom vs top holds true with this mother.

Right now - the healthier clones from the top are exploding with growth, while the bottom two have died :(

One of my babies is looking a bit sorry for herself,she seems a bit light in colour.I'm gonae take her out and get a pic. My theroy is that...... due to her being a twin,there will be twice as much roots in there,well more than the others anyway.so I'm guessing,just guessing that she may have run out of food.as my soil stated there was 4-5 wks worth of food and they will be 5 wks old on Tuesday. The other 3 are doing well so this is what I thought could be wrong. Pics to follow guys,cheers

Since installing my small 4" fan for bringing cooler air into the tent things were going great till I re-conected my carbon filter.the temps hit anaw incredible 37 degress celcius!! It didn't stay like that for long before I dis-conected the carbon filter fan again and using it to draw hot air out. As I'm on a shoe string budget,I'm struggling a bit with ideas to keep temps down?the smell is starting to linger big time so I could defo be doing with the carbon filter up n running.help please!

image13974.jpg
image13975.jpg
image13976.jpg
A wee update guys.......well that is 5 wks the day since I started my seeds.as they never came up through the soil until about the Tuesday/wednesdsy,there not quite hitting the 5 wk mark. I've started giving them some nutes(biobizz-bio grow,npk: 4-3-6) at half strength,2.5ml per litre.only split the litre between them plus another litre of just water.I will keep an eye on them over the next few days. Still having a re-think about air and temps? Seriously thinking of just buying a new reflector/cool tube as the temps are outrageously high when the carbon filter is hooked up. Anyways,here's a few pics from 10 minutes ago. Peace out
Dusty

Since installing my small 4" fan for bringing cooler air into the tent things were going great till I re-conected my carbon filter.the temps hit anaw incredible 37 degress celcius!! It didn't stay like that for long before I dis-conected the carbon filter fan again and using it to draw hot air out. As I'm on a shoe string budget,I'm struggling a bit with ideas to keep temps down?the smell is starting to linger big time so I could defo be doing with the carbon filter up n running.help please!

Hi Dusty. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with temp regulation.

I have my charcoal filter in the tent drawing air through it (to clean it) and then expelling into the room clean smelling oxygenated air. Could you do the same?

Place all of the ventilation gear (fan, filter, duct work) outside the tent and raise the light as high as it will go inside. Monitor your temps for 24 hours.

Place the white pre-filter inside your carbon filter, attach the inline fan directly to the carbon filter (air flow into the filter), stand the fan/filter combo upright and attach duct from inline fan to the upper most air vent in the tent to draw the heat out and filter the smell.

That is where I would start.

/Obi Wan

Some questions to ponder:
Is the light too big?
Is the air entering the tent too warm?
Is the extraction fan too small?
Is the carbon filter too small (restrictive)?
If you are doing OK without the carbon filter perhaps the filter is not well matched to the fan?

I'll try to think of other things that may help.

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom