The Beginning Has Begun

Hey obi,see when you mentiined taking the white pre-filter off and putting it inside the filter? Is that what you meant?

Yep. Exactly. But only if you reverse that air flow so that the air is being blown into the carbon filter instead of sucked out of it.

Doing a bit of research there on my lower fan leaves,they are turning yellow and looking worn out but only at the bottom,should I be worrying at this stage?

Sounds like they are ready for some food.

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Right let me get this right,if I remove the carbon filter from the tent,remove what was said, do I then put it on the exhuasted air that's coming out the tent?therefore still cleaning the air but cleaning at the exhuast end? That makes sense to me obi!nice one,I shall try this method. My temp is down to 27.5 at the moment withouth any new changes but defo have to deal with the smell. Cheers obi

By scrubbing the exhaust you should have a little more room inside the tent to raise the light, improve air flow and hopefully control heat a little better. My thought is to try everything possible with the equipment you have before considering things that would drive up cost.

Sounds like you are on the right track with feeding. Watch the lower leaves. The aggressive yellowing should slow and stop after a feed or two.

Happy growing
/Obi Wan

image13992.jpg
image13991.jpg
image13993.jpg

Will get this sorted out the day!think this will work! Will have an update later on

Answered some of the questions you asked obi
Light could be too much for the small 0.8m2 space I have,seriously condsidering a cool tube for my next grow! I'm removing the fan later today to keep unwanted heat out of the tent.
The air going into the tent is quite cool,not too cool,room temp or just a bit cooler.
The 4" extractor fan is capable of moving up to 187 m3/hd
I'm going to sort it out later on when the light comes back on,will let you know how its going

See by raising the light to the top?will that encourage my plants to stretch? Do you think they look a bit bushy?
Cheers very much obi,haven't done anything yet but will get on it the day

Nice update and good questions.

Your plants size look good. Raising the light may encourage some unwanted stretch but you have to find a balance between heat and light. You could try to tie them down a bit (LST) to combat vertical growth if it looks like it will become a problem.

/Obi Wan
:peace:

image14043.jpg
image14044.jpg
image14045.jpg
temps and smell are both down.havent raised the light as high as I can yet. I'm monitoring things at the moment.
On my plant that looks a bit sick,there looks to be small white whispy wee strands,only 1 or 2 near the pistols(small,thin,green,pointy at branch joints?)tried to get pics but finding it hard,getting a loan of a macro lens for my phone,will get pics up.
Peace out
Dusty. :high-five:

Came home tonight,2200,temp is sitting at 30. It goes up n down depending on outside temp.and its pretty god dam sunny in scotland for this time of year,also a whole load of other stuff but that's another story!Ha! Right so on to my next question...... how long shall I veg these babies? Its been 5 wks today since they were all up out the soil.I'm thinking maybe 6 wks? Is the small white whispy bit a sign? Other plants look like showing signs of this aswell,not a great deal but there visible.

Also,should I think about cutting off some dead foilage and as this will cause stress,wait at least a wk before I flip light to 12/12? Is there any cheap way of starting clones? Seen a soil by the same brand as I'm using and it says its for cuttings and seedlings.would I have to purschase a clone treatment gel stuff? Seen it on amazon,not too expensive.clonex its called

Temps are still high! Worst was,sorry highest was 33 degrees celcius. Still not wanting to bring the light up to much. And desperate to find out when to turn the lights to 12/12. Should I keep the fan running on the 12/12 cycle?

The outside temps are still pretty high,there to go down over the wknd so fingers crossed they do. Gave them a good drink tonight with no nutes just water. Add more over the wknd.
Off to find out the outcome of my lovely country,peace out

Oooooossshhhhttttt!! Bit disapointed to be honest,I thought my fellow scotman would have grown a big pair a hairy balls and voted yes! Not to worry,hopefully the english don't shaft is right up the back door. I would have wrote and protested to an independent scotland to legalise weed!

Still looking for pointers on when to switch the light to 12/12? My babies will be 6 wks old tomorrow man. Still have 1 sick and not so tall plant compared to the rest. Defo think its a nute lock out as the run off ph was 7.8 on her.the others were 7.3. I'm going to persevere with this crop and look into getting ph up n down for the next

You can switch to 12/12 at any time now. Sooner = shorter, smaller plant. Later = taller, larger plant.

Cheers!
/Obi

Back
Top Bottom