The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Purples

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

This will work! The color of the jug will also defuse some of the light. This is handy, new clones don't really like to much light. I use a paper towel on top on my dome tell I see the first roots pop out of the plugs.

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

im really big on diy, over the years i would guess i have saved myself 10,s of thousands of dollars, i figure if i can get the same or better result with whatever im ok with it not looking as pretty, my coffee can hydro cost me 0 to build and just some time, and i love creating things anyway, i looked long and hard to build my own hps rig, but ballasts to fit the 2 70watt hps bulbs i got new at a thrift shop for 1$ i could not find cheaper than it was to buy the 400 hps, and its more power than i would have had, see id rather spend my $$$ on things i cant build or create"yet" lol, like i figured out i can build an areo cloner for 9 bucks,cuz all i need is a pump, but if i can find 1 at the thrift shop or a yard sale...hehehe it becomes a challenge to see how much i can build,and save with diy, you would prolly be surprised at some of the things i have built,and on top of it all im really big on recycling or as its called now going "green" lol:high-five::circle-of-love::thanks:
if you have questions for me feel free and please do ask im always willing to help if im able:thumb:

You said it all right there, brother... For my entire setup for veg, and for flower, the only things I bought were the lights, pumps, timers and tubing. The rest I filched from work, or had lying around. All the cardboard for my flower box would have been just put in the baler and sent off to the recyclers. The bins in both are frikkin BUSTUBS for cryin' out loud! Who needs to purchase a grow cabinet when you can just make one for pennies?

coming soon...new growbox im putting on the finishing touches on a 26x18x18 inch veg/clone/sex/seedling/stealth chamber, also spiffy needs one for her project so i may make 2 its a cardboard box lol it has exhaust fan, odor control, 8 23 watt cfl light array, pretty xmas mylar wrapping paper interior walls, you diy fans will like this ,,pics little later today

coming soon...new growbox im putting on the finishing touches on a 26x18x18 inch veg/clone/sex/seedling/stealth chamber, also spiffy needs one for her project so i may make 2 its a cardboard box lol it has exhaust fan, odor control, 8 23 watt cfl light array, pretty xmas mylar wrapping paper interior walls, you diy fans will like this ,,pics little later today

Y'know... they make emergency blankets from mylar $2 at sporting goods stores, and pretty big, too.... just a thought.

Y'know... they make emergency blankets from mylar $2 at sporting goods stores, and pretty big, too.... just a thought.

They are $2 for 3.5ft x 5ft I use them. They work great and easy to work with.
Side note the ones I got had exactly 420 folds... Kinda funny to me any way...
thanks guys:high-five:
thats good to know, i have seen them at wallyz and have planned to use em, but i got this mylar wrapping paper for my favorite price FREE! LOL the stuff im using in this box is the same stuff just has a circular hologram design on it ,i think its kinda funny and cool i more or less built this box for spiffy and i figured she would love the sparkly lol shes a girly after all, you'll see soon im gettn work dun!!:high-five:

ok hers a update the lings are coming along nicely except for a small problem with 1 of the purple #1's it has some mottling of paleness and small random brown spots i think it might be a mag issue, from a few days ago,as the new leaves dont have it take a look last couple pics and lemme know what you think
and a sneak peek at the veg box last
DSCI00982.JPG
DSCI00971.JPG
DSCI0108.JPG
DSCI01091.JPG
DSCI00891.JPG
DSCI01031.JPG
DSCI0083.JPG
DSCI0087.JPG
DSCI0086.JPG
DSCI00841.JPG
DSCI00761.JPG
DSCI0078.JPG
DSCI0082.JPG
DSCI01041.JPG

What beautiful young ladies:party:
i have a question and can't find an answer i started a journal , is there an easyer way to get back to it than looking by page as it is different within 5 mins. Please forgive my rudeness,:adore:

What beautiful young ladies:party:
i have a question and can't find an answer i started a journal , is there an easyer way to get back to it than looking by page as it is different within 5 mins. Please forgive my rudeness,:adore:

yup-yup. Hit "Home" on you keyboard, click your name at the top, where it says, "Welcome, Lurch Farmer". On the next page, click the "Statistics" Tab, then "Find all threads started by Lurch Farmer". You should find your threads there.

Also, to find the threads you are subscribed to that have gotten responses. At the top of the page, on the menu ribbon, click "User CP", then "User Control Panel" under that. There you will see all the subscriptions that have gotten responses which you have not read. <Ctrl>+Click on each of the and you will open a new tab of the last post in the thread for each thread you have not visited since the last post.

Also in the User CP are other options. Feel free to look around. There is a side bar:

Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Edit Profile Picture

Networking
Contacts & Friends

Settings & Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List

Private Messages
List Messages
Send New Message
Edit Folders

Subscribed Threads
List Subscriptions
Edit Folders

Miscellaneous
Event Reminders
Paid Subscriptions

Blog

And you can also see rep earned in the footer frame of that page.

Hope this helps you, and

WELCOME TO:420:

How is Purple 1 doing? Did the spots increase in number?

I love the wrapping paper!! On the other end of the coin, I have used mylar to wrap a present when I didn't have wrapping paper. Its about the same price as "quality" paper my wife tells me.

ok hers a update the lings are coming along nicely except for a small problem with 1 of the purple #1's it has some mottling of paleness and small random brown spots i think it might be a mag issue, from a few days ago,as the new leaves dont have it take a look last couple pics and lemme know what you think
and a sneak peek at the veg box last
DSCI0083.JPG
DSCI0078.JPG
DSCI0082.JPG

This link is invaluable:
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

i been all over that thread jandre thank you the new growth on all sprouts looks great now i think it was a slight ph problem i fixed as soon as i found it, pics sometime soon,
*ok rant time* on another note i decided to make gumby and cannabutter today omg never again!! i worked my old broken tush off today:thedoubletake:
for practically no gain the haul on the gumby will be maybe 5 grams of really low grade stuff that looks like swamp dredgings:thedoubletake: and the butter is still on the stove i have watched every video i can find and what im seeing at home is not what they have going on ,i started with a big bag of trim and a jar of bud i water cured a couple months back, i dont have a scale so theres no hard numbers on anything, it seems after hours of simmering this water butter bud mix the butter is infused into the plant material i strain and squeeze and i can see and feel that the vast majority of the butter in in the trim! and theres a ton of stuff to strain, so my plan is to let it solidify and get rid of water and trim in said water, then reheat butter and restrain to get out the remaining trim, gasp my whole day and now tomorrow most likely into what was supposed to be a quick trip lol yeah right!! lol hopefully the butter will be worth it at 5 bucks a lb!! and more importantly a ton of my and spiffy's time, sure hope theres some killer cbd &g to kill some of the pain this project has caused!! lmfao!! :rofl: partly its cuz the material im using is low grade and full of fan leaves from the entire grow last year, even from veg, so i wasnt expecting much anyway ,
,so even if it was for a lb of primo top shelf hash the work was redonkulous!:surrender::surrender: no wonder why ppl charge so much for it, im defo looking into a bubble bag kit and going dry ice method in the future then i'll just add kief to the butter if i want c-butter!! that method looks amazing simple,fast,and all round better:adore::adore:, and to hell with this old knuckledraggin cave man way!! lol any thing left after dry ice will be my gift back to the earth via compost bin!!
*ok rant over*:sorry:

yup-yup. Hit "Home" on you keyboard, click your name at the top, where it says, "Welcome, Lurch Farmer". On the next page, click the "Statistics" Tab, then "Find all threads started by Lurch Farmer". You should find your threads there.

Also, to find the threads you are subscribed to that have gotten responses. At the top of the page, on the menu ribbon, click "User CP", then "User Control Panel" under that. There you will see all the subscriptions that have gotten responses which you have not read. <Ctrl>+Click on each of the and you will open a new tab of the last post in the thread for each thread you have not visited since the last post.

Also in the User CP are other options. Feel free to look around. There is a side bar:

Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Edit Profile Picture

Networking
Contacts & Friends

Settings & Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List

Private Messages
List Messages
Send New Message
Edit Folders

Subscribed Threads
List Subscriptions
Edit Folders

Miscellaneous
Event Reminders
Paid Subscriptions

Blog

And you can also see rep earned in the footer frame of that page.

Hope this helps you, and

WELCOME TO:420:

thanks for getting that one for me brutha you rokk!!:thanks::bravo::adore::high-five:

How is Purple 1 doing? Did the spots increase in number?

I love the wrapping paper!! On the other end of the coin, I have used mylar to wrap a present when I didn't have wrapping paper. Its about the same price as "quality" paper my wife tells me.

i think i have it figured she never got any more and all the new growth looks good, i think it was a rise in ph i didnt catch for a day or 2, thanks for askin bro! the babies are looking awesome btw they are starting to really dig the new box n coco n bpn:adore::adore:

thanks for getting that one for me brutha you rokk!!:thanks::bravo::adore::high-five:

Hehehe, That's what I'm here for! I help and try to make this community the best it can be. I joined this site because it is the best I've seen, and I think that whatever I do to help only makes us stronger. Even if I get long-winded at times. :rofl:

i been all over that thread jandre thank you the new growth on all sprouts looks great now i think it was a slight ph problem i fixed as soon as i found it, pics sometime soon,
*ok rant time* on another note i decided to make gumby and cannabutter today omg never again!! i worked my old broken tush off today:thedoubletake:
for practically no gain the haul on the gumby will be maybe 5 grams of really low grade stuff that looks like swamp dredgings:thedoubletake: and the butter is still on the stove i have watched every video i can find and what im seeing at home is not what they have going on ,i started with a big bag of trim and a jar of bud i water cured a couple months back, i dont have a scale so theres no hard numbers on anything, it seems after hours of simmering this water butter bud mix the butter is infused into the plant material i strain and squeeze and i can see and feel that the vast majority of the butter in in the trim! and theres a ton of stuff to strain, so my plan is to let it solidify and get rid of water and trim in said water, then reheat butter and restrain to get out the remaining trim, gasp my whole day and now tomorrow most likely into what was supposed to be a quick trip lol yeah right!! lol hopefully the butter will be worth it at 5 bucks a lb!! and more importantly a ton of my and spiffy's time, sure hope theres some killer cbd &g to kill some of the pain this project has caused!! lmfao!! :rofl: partly its cuz the material im using is low grade and full of fan leaves from the entire grow last year, even from veg, so i wasnt expecting much anyway, so even if it was for a lb of primo top shelf hash the work was redonkulous!:surrender::surrender: no wonder why ppl charge so much for it, im defo looking into a bubble bag kit and going dry ice method in the future then i'll just add kief to the butter if i want c-butter!! that method looks amazing simple,fast,and all round better:adore::adore:, and to hell with this old knuckledraggin cave man way!! lol any thing left after dry ice will be my gift back to the earth via compost bin!!
*ok rant over*:sorry:

Dude. Did you grind your trim up into tiny, almost flour consistency? That helps, and strain your butter/water when it is HOT AS HELL through a cheesecloth, let it cool overnight in the fridge and then drain off the water. A lot of it will have evaporated already, but hopefully you kept it TIGHTLY covered, as THC/CBD vapes at or about 220 which is a little higher than water boils, so as long as you kept the water in there via the lid, and your burner on its LOWEST POSSIBLE setting, you should be fine. The reason you grind so fine is so that you end up retaining as little butter in the herbal matter and what is left is easily squeezed out using the cheesecloth right before you chill it. If you have larger pieces, it is harder to press the butter out. When you put your butter in the fridge, be sure not to move it AT ALL until it is COMPLETELY cool so the oil/water does its thing so you can easily pour off the water. Yes there will be a small amount left, but that is easily patted off of the solidified mass when cold. Also, get a fridge thermometer you temp should be 34-36 degrees, colder and your milk and water will freeze, warmer and your butter will not fully solidify to an easily workable product... Yes-yes, the "Safe zone" is 34-40, but do you really like to handle 40 degree bacon? ugh.... plus your fridge will fluctuate 3-5 degrees over that, no thermostat is that good to keep it at exactly 33.

Hehehe, That's what I'm here for! I help and try to make this community the best it can be. I joined this site because it is the best I've seen, and I think that whatever I do to help only makes us stronger. Even if I get long-winded at times. :rofl:

Dude. Did you grind your trim up into tiny, almost flour consistency? That helps, and strain your butter/water when it is HOT AS HELL through a cheesecloth, let it cool overnight in the fridge and then drain off the water. A lot of it will have evaporated already, but hopefully you kept it TIGHTLY covered, as THC/CBD vapes at or about 220 which is a little higher than water boils, so as long as you kept the water in there via the lid, and your burner on its LOWEST POSSIBLE setting, you should be fine. The reason you grind so fine is so that you end up retaining as little butter in the herbal matter and what is left is easily squeezed out using the cheesecloth right before you chill it. If you have larger pieces, it is harder to press the butter out. When you put your butter in the fridge, be sure not to move it AT ALL until it is COMPLETELY cool so the oil/water does its thing so you can easily pour off the water. Yes there will be a small amount left, but that is easily patted off of the solidified mass when cold. Also, get a fridge thermometer you temp should be 34-36 degrees, colder and your milk and water will freeze, warmer and your butter will not fully solidify to an easily workable product... Yes-yes, the "Safe zone" is 34-40, but do you really like to handle 40 degree bacon? ugh.... plus your fridge will fluctuate 3-5 degrees over that, no thermostat is that good to keep it at exactly 33.

well i was not starting out yesterday with the plan of making butter, it just kinda went that way im not really a planner,more of a wing it with as much knowledge as possible kinda doode my fridge temp is average 34 i do meat curing so the temp in there is of the utmost importance,:adore: ham and canadian bacon dont get created at the wrong temp,so no worries there:high-five:, i will have to put the 5 gallon brew pot out side because thers no room for it in the frig,it didnt boil much i turned it off every time it started to boil,
and let it cool a couple hours did that about 8 times so far, i did not gring it at all i crushed it buy hand it was totally crispy dry after sitting in a pillow case for 4 months its full of everything from fan leaves to stems even saw a few seeds i even threw in a baggie full of roaches i found in the shed(wish i had known i had those) and kief from my lil' 3 screen 2 inch hand grinder i want this butter as strong as i can get it :thumb:
its still on the stove this morning as i ran out of gas around 2 am, i fell asleep sitting at the computer! :thedoubletake: when i can move i will prolly put it out side so it can solidify its below freezing here pretty much 20 hours a day:high-five: like having a free deep freeze 6 months out of the year, in some of the vids i watched the plant material was said to sink to the bottom, well thats not true in my case:rofl: of course so my plan is to solidify so i can reduce my working volume to a gallon or so rather than a five gallon pot of near boiling crap:thedoubletake:not easy to work with!!, then i can manage getting the stuff seperated , i dont have cheese cloth but i do have strainers,coffee fliters and one of those gold reusable fine mesh screen coffee filters:high-five: also i may still have a paint filter mesh bag the type used in a 5 gallon bucket to keep chunky boogers from getting into your $2k paint pumps,got it from my bro in law to filter hops out of fermented beer or wort as its called, as i recall it worked excellent, hope i can find it:high-five: hopefully i can pull this off before i got so frustrated i just throw it all out, i think im gonna throw the "gumby" hash in the mix as well since that tornrd out looking like a piece of cow dung or an owl pellet :thedoubletake: :rofl: not the least bit like putty/sticky/resiny ,im so gonna do dry ice method in the future!! so i will report back later any comments/advice is much appreciated as always
:thanks::high-five::adore::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom