This is perfect for a lightweight like me.....more of a smoker....I have a butter machine but am terrified to make medibles....baby steps when it comes to Shawnee....hope you all don't think less of me.....I can smoke anyone under the table tho.....

Anyone here can smoke me under the table :) 5 hits this year !

Now that we have tasty homegrown, my wife has broken out her vape. I always consider that a gift to me, I love edibles made with ABV from the vape.

Pecan Canna Brittle

Pecan_Canna_Brittle.jpg

Pecan_Canna_Brittle_2.jpg

.....in the microwave. "Wha..whaaaaat???"...yep, in the nuker. :)

Recipe coming up shortly.

Pecan Canna Brittle Recipe:

Damn those pictures were huge. :laugh:

Okay, here's how I did them following a quick microwave recipe from the net. First up, cautions and tips:

CAUTION: When adding the vanilla extract, pour it in slowly and keep your hands and face away. It's going to bubble up and splatter bubbles in an exploding kind of way. Keep yourself from serious burns by being careful, please. :)

CAUTION: Do not set your glass mixing bowl in the sink with water until it has cooled! It is extremely hot, introducing it to cool water immediately could cause it to crack or shatter.

Work Quickly: When you are ready to pour the mixture onto the pan, you must do this quickly as it sets up in a hurry.

Tip: Coat a little butter on a spatula, covering it thoroughly, to help the mixture slide off onto the pan. This prevents a sticky mess of fast hardening brittle on the spatula. :)

Tip 2: If you use a light baking sheet or pizza pan, you can easily loosen the whole sheet of brittle by taking the pan by the sides and bending downward gently. Pizza pans are great for this, as you can go around in a circle and loosen the whole sheet of goodies easily. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool further if needed.

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup white sugar or if you have it, 1/2 C. canna sugar and 1/2 C. regular sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon canna butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Equipment: Spoon for stirring, rubber spatula for spreading mixture onto pan.
Large glass microwave safe bowl or large glass measure bowl (I use a 2 Quart glass measure bowl with spout and handle). Rimmed baking sheet, or pizza pan.

Directions:

Butter the baking sheet or pizza pan.

Make sure your glass bowl is microwave safe!

Combine pecans, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in your microwave safe glass bowl. The mixture is going to boil up as it gets heated, you want something deep enough that it will not boil over and also have room for stirring when that step comes.
The bowl will be hot! My large measure bowl has a handle, but I still used oven gloves when removing it from the microwave. You need to treat this just as you would something going in and out of a hot oven.

Heat in microwave for 3 1/2 minutes; stir and heat for 3 1/2 more minutes. Stir butter into pecan mixture and heat in microwave for 2 more minutes.
Stir baking soda and vanilla extract (carefully and keep your hands and face clear!) into pecan mixture until foamy; pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow to cool completely before breaking brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container.

Step by Step:

Mix Sugar, Corn syrup, pecans, and salt in the bowl. It's going to be a very thick mixture.

mix_it_up.jpg

Microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes, then stir it up:

mix_it_up_2.jpg

Microwave another 3 1/2 minutes, then add the cannabutter and mix it in. Microwave another 2 minutes. You don't have to melt your cannabutter in advance, that hot liquid will do it for you just fine.

mix_butter_in.jpg

Slowly add the vanilla, and then the baking soda and mix it in until foamy.

vanilla_and_soda.jpg

Pour quickly onto the buttered baking sheet or pan, spreading it with the buttered spatula if needed.

onto_the_pan.jpg

Let cool, and remove from pan. Break into pieces whatever size you prefer. I added some whole pecans to the top while the mixture was hot. You could sprinkle on some sea salt right after you pour it too.

Pecan_Canna_Brittle.jpg

:circle-of-love:

Jesus God, Canna, you are the Julia Child of canna cooking....can I be your agent.....I have tons of marketing experience.....:circle-of-love:

Canna Blueberry Pancakes in a jar:

You have heard of Muffin tops...right? (think the Seinfeld episode....classic)

Well, I had pancake tops. "Huh?" "Pancakes don't have tops like muffins!"

This one does:

canna_blueberry_pancake_top.jpg

I watched Sunny Anderson make something on "The Kitchen" that I had to try. This is Blueberry Pancakes in a jar, for breakfast on the go. Of course I kicked it up, using cannamilk for the batter and infused maple syrup.

canna_pancakes_in_a_jar.jpg

canna_blueberry_pancake_in_a_jar_2.jpg

This is done in the microwave too!
Layer a microwave safe mug or canning jar (medium size) with fruit, Blueberries are used here. Mine were frozen, Sunny used fresh. Because mine contained a lot of liquid, it caused them to rise up when the liquid boiled, making a pretty thick layer of blue. :laugh:

Pour a layer of pancake batter on that.

Add some more berries and pour another layer of batter on, another layer of blueberries and top those with some infused maple syrup.

Fill about an inch from the top and sprinkle sugar on the top. Cover it with the lid and it can be stored in the fridge for the next day.

Here's mine all layered. Because I used frozen berries, there was blue liquid spreading around, but I don't mind that.

canna_blueberry_pancake_in_a_jar.jpg

Microwave the jar for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Take that metal top off, please! :laugh:

Mine overflowed a bit, so next time I'll put that batter in a little farther from the top. Here it is just before finished in the nuker:

blueberry_pancakes_in_a_jar.jpg

Hint: Do not over mix your pancake batter. I over mixed mine a bit. It will cause the glutens to become active and makes for rubbery pancakes. Only mix until it is blended, small lumps of dry ingredients is fine. The tendency is to mix it really really well, that won't make for a fluffy or cake light pancake.

I was curious on whether the pancake mix in the bottom was done, so the first thing I did after eating the pancake top was dig to the bottom with a spoon. It was done.

Give it a try, take it with you if you're in a rush, and enjoy a filling breakfast when you get there.

It's Saturday and it's Cannafan in the kitchen.....

I got your back :high-five:

Nice how they taste ?

I've not tasted it yet, I just removed them from the molds.
Its a mix of white and dark chocolate, with coconut oil and unsweeted dried coconut. With 13.5ml of marijuana/coconot oil, 15ml was just a bit too much! :laugh:

Very nice. How is the strength?
I begin to feel something after 30 min. after 1 hour its a good high, and after 2 hours its a very good sativa high with the head that feel like a conehead! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I like a lot more the high from the oil than smoking. :thumb:

The taste is ok, I should have mix the mari-oil with chocolate before put it in the molds.
Still learning!

I begin to feel something after 30 min. after 1 hour its a good high, and after 2 hours its a very good sativa high with the head that feel like a conehead! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I like a lot more the high from the oil than smoking. :thumb:

The taste is ok, I should have mix the mari-oil with chocolate before put it in the molds.
Still learning!

Well, at least this kind of learning gives you "high" rewards! :laugh:

So I ordered a magic butter 1. Dies a stick of bitter of half cup oil. Anyone have any idea of a nice recipe that doesn't require a lot of fresh buds. My harvest won't be ready til may. Sometime. So don't want to waste my good nugs. Thanks everyone no rush as it won't be here til next week thanks all bon appetite.

So I ordered a magic butter 1. Dies a stick of bitter of half cup oil. Anyone have any idea of a nice recipe that doesn't require a lot of fresh buds. My harvest won't be ready til may. Sometime. So don't want to waste my good nugs. Thanks everyone no rush as it won't be here til next week thanks all bon appetite.
Hey everyone hope all is well.

Quick question got this today as canna told me to get. How much bud should I use? Do I need to decarb? What is best way to decarb? Also any quick recipes it says10 -20 mins any recommendations on time?

I appreciate the help group .
420-magazine-mobile1381578646.jpg

I tried something that a show on viceland called bong appetite inspired me.
I vacuum sealed 3g of flower and 1g of keif then boiled for 100mins in water.
Put into a glass bottle with caramel coffee creamer and vacuumed sealed the bottle and let sit for 3 mins and released seal then sealed again. Did this 7 times. Lol. Probably didn't need that many but it worked.
Next morning I put 2oz into 12oz of coffee and woohoo off I went.
Now my plans are endless once I harvest a good supply.

Back
Top Bottom