Yep, a gentle simmer is the way to go. It's just an extraction process isn't it? The decarb happens when the treats are cooked in the oven doesn't it? Does anyone have a youbeaut homemade device for squeezing the last drops of butter from the dregs? We've bent the handle of one garlic press and snapped the handle off another. I'm wondering about a screwable vice .....?
Do you have a juicer squeezer? Like they use for lemons? That should work out great in my opinion. It's hand held, flip one side over the other.

Good ideas Heady and Canna! I probably sound a bit anxious but we're buying the stuff at the moment so 2 teaspoons is a bonus :) Heady, you mention 'the chunk and what sticks to it'. I wonder what that stuff is? I too keep it but it's not butter and not water .... odd isn't it?

Here's a little trick to getting your butter cut into 4 0z. sticks. Save the carton the pound of regular butter came in. Line it with plastic wrap, so it won't leak if it's not a good tight sealed box. When your butter is ready to be used or frozen, melt it down a little and pour it into the container. Let it set up in the fridge. Now you can cut it into quarters. Perfect stick of butter. :thumb:

Yep, a gentle simmer is the way to go. It's just an extraction process isn't it? The decarb happens when the treats are cooked in the oven doesn't it? Does anyone have a youbeaut homemade device for squeezing the last drops of butter from the dregs? We've bent the handle of one garlic press and snapped the handle off another. I'm wondering about a screwable vice .....?

Hi Joyle.. I cut two pieces of 5/8" plywood into 1 foot squares. 5/8" bolt through the centre. I then wrap the last of the dreqs in cheesecloth around the centre of the plywood and then squeeze the hell out of it with an air powered impact wrench.. Works very, very well. :)

I don't make sweets usually with my edibles.. Or haven't in a while! Here's a pretty normal thing for me to cook

image7554.jpg

It's Portuguese sausage and cabbage.. I sometimes use bacon! :) it's got oil (medicineeee).. soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke (2tsp, 1 tsp, .5 tsp ishhhh)... Um... Oh yea, and a lot of fresh grated ginger :)

I don't make sweets usually with my edibles.. Or haven't in a while! Here's a pretty normal thing for me to cook
It's Portuguese sausage and cabbage.. I sometimes use bacon! :) it's got oil (medicineeee).. soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke (2tsp, 1 tsp, .5 tsp ishhhh)... Um... Oh yea, and a lot of fresh grated ginger :)

:ciao: THsea, and :welcome: Thanks for sharing, that looks yummy. At first I thought that was artichoke hearts in there. Then I thought....well that would be good too! LOL Soy sauce sauce is a favorite of mine.
:thumb:

Wow! Thank you for that Mick45 .... so simple .... definitely doing that! Wow! Cannafan whipped cannabutter! Eat your heart out Pancake Parlour :)

:ciao: THsea, and :welcome: Thanks for sharing, that looks yummy. At first I thought that was artichoke hearts in there. Then I thought....well that would be good too! LOL Soy sauce sauce is a favorite of mine.
:thumb:

Thank you! :) oh yea, Soy Sauce for the win! :high-five:

I actually use low sodium tamari ( gluten free soy sauce, but I got it because I like the taste, I don't have celiac disease).. But I switch back and forth with Braggs Liquid Aminos and tamari... :) gotta switch it up to keep things interesting.

I'm probably going to make a thread in 420 kitchen soon, but I really like this thread! A little place for everyone to show off their edibles ;) rock on!! :rocker:

Wow! Thank you for that Mick45 .... so simple .... definitely doing that! Wow! Cannafan whipped cannabutter! Eat your heart out Pancake Parlour :)
I agree. LOL
I'm making up a bunch of waffles tonight with some decarbed weed mixed in them and I'm going to heat up my syrup in a small crockpot and try infusing it. We'll see how it goes. ;-)

Okay, I've read several times that you can use the male plants for cannabutter. Does anyone know how long you have to let the male plant mature? Does it have to go the full 9 weeks like the females? (Mine are white widow and master kush, breeder suggestion is 9-10 weeks flowering)

Canna, I usually do a major defol at 25 days flowering and I have found the fan leaves pruned off then are great for cannabutter. A couple ounces per pound should be fine. If not strong enough, eat twice as much. :)

Morning Canna,:cheer:

Adding this reply to your canna thread as well :high-five:

My crockpot on low gets to 175 on my stainless steel meat thermometer......

I use the high setting on mine and don't worry about the temp.

Also, very important.
Some people just can't get buzzed off medibles no matter what.

My Mrs took 5 batches to begin feeling effects while other would tell me they can't feel their face....my other friends tried my triple threat brownies(3 doses per brownie) and said they barely felt a buzz.

A quick 5 min exercise about 1 hr into digestion also helps get it into your blood stream for full effects.

Have fun with, it's great when you get it figured out.

My crock pot temps are 175* on low and approx 200* on high

I believe if you try De carbing prior to cooking and adding Lecithin you may prove that no one is immune to properly prepared magic!

I believe if you try De carbing prior to cooking and adding Lecithin you may prove that no one is immune to properly prepared magic!

Worth a try for sure Vegas Flower. :thanks:

I was wondering if any of you think that a persons weight has a lot to do with how much they do or don't feel effects of edibles?
I am at around 118 lbs., 5' 6" right now and one caramel can give me a good buzz...and two make me sleep like a baby through the night.
I gave a couple of them to a friend to try recently and he said he ate one and never felt a thing and was up until 3:00 a.m. with his normal sleeplessness. He weighs up over 220 lbs. just shy of 6' His tolerance level would be quite low because he does not use cannabis or smoke it at all.
Any thoughts on this?

I was wondering if any of you think that a persons weight has a lot to do with how much they do or don't feel effects of edibles?
I am at around 118 lbs., 5' 6" right now and one caramel can give me a good buzz...and two make me sleep like a baby through the night.
I gave a couple of them to a friend to try recently and he said he ate one and never felt a thing and was up until 3:00 a.m. with his normal sleeplessness. He weighs up over 220 lbs. just shy of 6' His tolerance level would be quite low because he does not use cannabis or smoke it at all.
Any thoughts on this?

Just logic says he would need twice the dose to get the same proportions as you my petite little thing :). On the other hand when I first started back on edibles after a long time away, I didn't feel a thing for 5 or 6 attemps with pretty high doses. One day, suddenly, I was high as a kite. Go figure.
Good news. My Magical Butter machine is churning away making a batch of White Widow butter. I am so undecided what I want to make with it. :)
:peace::circle-of-love:

Any thoughts on this?

In my experience the first time a person takes an edible there is very little effect if any. It is almost as if when the substance is introduced to the body the body has to first figure out how to metabolize the new toxin.

I also believe that weight must be taken in to account with dosage the same as traditional medicine. A babies share of the tynenol wouldn't affect me at all but increase that dosage 4 x or 8 x and I think it would begin to work. All IMHO of course....

Any thoughts on this?

Like any medicine each dose or even THC effects each individual differently.

I have had 1st timers get ripped as heck and long time users get nothing at all.....I advise the ones struggling for effects to just jeep trying, eventually it kicks in.
This may take several batches....taking before consuming large meals helps or wait a couple hrs after a big meal.

@canna..
My weight and size are almost like your friend...1 caramel gets me buzzed, 2 and it's good night Irene

Just logic says he would need twice the dose to get the same proportions as you my petite little thing :). On the other hand when I first started back on edibles after a long time away, I didn't feel a thing for 5 or 6 attemps with pretty high doses. One day, suddenly, I was high as a kite. Go figure.
Good news. My Magical Butter machine is churning away making a batch of White Widow butter. I am so undecided what I want to make with it. :)
:peace::circle-of-love:

Well, I'm going to give him a few more and tell him to try again. We're trying to help his restless leg syndrome that keeps him and wifey awake all night.
Congrats on the budder in progress!! I'm excited for you to finally have some goodies. :thumb:

In my experience the first time a person takes an edible there is very little effect if any. It is almost as if when the substance is introduced to the body the body has to first figure out how to metabolize the new toxin.

I also believe that weight must be taken in to account with dosage the same as traditional medicine. A babies share of the tynenol wouldn't affect me at all but increase that dosage 4 x or 8 x and I think it would begin to work. All IMHO of course....

Makes perfect sense Vegas. I tried to tell him that the difference in our weights was probably a factor, but he thought I was calling him fat and got a bit miffed with me. Heck, in comparison to me everyone is fat and that's not a bad thing cuz I"m trying like hell to gain weight. LOL So I'm going to wait a bit before I give him some more to try. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like any medicine each dose or even THC effects each individual differently.

I have had 1st timers get ripped as heck and long time users get nothing at all.....I advise the ones struggling for effects to just jeep trying, eventually it kicks in.
This may take several batches....taking before consuming large meals helps or wait a couple hrs after a big meal.

@Canna..
My weight and size are almost like your friend...1 caramel gets me buzzed, 2 and it's good night Irene

Thanks Heady, we will try again. And it's interesting that two get you sleeping with the differences in our weights.
I do know that the first person I gave a few caramels to is over 6' and weight is healthy for his height, but he is a constant mj smoker and has a very high tolerance level built up. He said he ate two caramels and didn't really notice any effects, so he went downstairs and smoked a blunt. Personally I don't think he gave the caramels enough time to kick in. They take about a half hour to 45 minutes for me.
I'm going to give him one of my huge peanut butter cups.....just one of those royally kicked my buttski. We'll see how he does with that. LOL

I'm in the mood for cooking today, and I"m thinking Pizza Lasagna with some decarbed cannabis. YUM We'll see if I have enough ingredients first. I'll fly a pic in later if I make it. ;-)

Sounds about right Canna...I'm 6'3" 235

That "higher" dose should fix him :rofl: and it takes 45mins for me on an empty stomach, otherwise it takes me up to 1-2 hrs with or after a heavy meal.

I made a Curried chicken and wild rice soup with 1/3cup of butter to a full pot last weekend.

We served in breadbowls about 1.5 cups of soup per serving.....I have never been so MEDICATED ever in my life...I had bed spins for a couple hrs too :loopy:

Creamy Curried Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Curry_Chicken_with_wild_rice_soup.jpg

INGREDIENTS

½ cup butter (I used 1/3c of Medicated butter)
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
½ – 1 cup frozen corn
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup carrots, sliced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed(I used boned thighs)
½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
¾ cup all-purpose flour
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups "cooked" wild rice(I used a wild blend from bulk bins in grocery store)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup slivered almonds: optional (I did not add almonds)
2 cups nonfat half-and-half (use normal half-and-half if you prefer, but you won’t believe how delicious this is with the nonfat variety!)
DIRECTIONS

Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery, corn, chicken and carrots and sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Add the mushrooms and sauté 3-4 more minutes. Then add flour and stir well. Over medium heat, gradually pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly. Bring the soup just to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let simmer, while stirring, for 5-6 minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
Next, add salt, curry powder, mustard powder, parsley, ground black pepper and almonds. Allow all the ingredients to heat through and then pour in the half-and-half. Let the soup gently simmer for about 10-12mins stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, then add the "PRE COOKED" rice, and simmer stir another 10 mins. The soup should not boil but should simmer over low heat so that it thickens slowly.

Back
Top Bottom