Aha! I knew it PeeJay .... Good one. I am sooo doing this. MsBadger, I'd like to party with you for sure! Any chance of the Philly recipe PeeJay? But not of it starts with, 'first milk the cow'. .... been there, done that :)

LOL, Joyle.....yep I did the "Milk the cow" thing when I was younger too. That's how we had fresh milk and cream in our house on a daily basis. We also had to do "clean up behind the cows" on a farm to pay for it. Blech!
Anyway...I'm going to find a good tutorial for cream cheese making for you, I have done one but it's on a different private site that I can't post here. They are all over the internet, so I'll find one for you. ;-)

This one is a pictorial and pretty basic. I actually use cultures made specifically for making cheeses, but in this tutorial the yogurt suffices just fine.
How to make cream cheese (Homemade Cream Cheese) | Sharmis Passions

When my cheese is ready I mix whatever flavoring I like into different tubs of it. I have made some very odd concoctions, but have loved every one of them!

I was just thinking that Ms. MOTM is going to get a Magic Butter Machine and she'll be able to make some bangin' glycerin tincture and have a go at the tincture truffles in a few weeks...

Alllrighty then! I'm researching all I can on methods to use the Magical Butter Machine.
I ran into some posts by Doc Bud (Staff Writer), I thought I would post this one here. This isn't really about the Butter Machine that I want to post as much as the information he gives on dosing amounts. Thought the rest of you might find it interesting too.

More on Magical Butter

A few days ago I took what was left of my finely ground decarbed and mixed it into a jar of Nutella. Makes my evening toast snack a WHOLE lot better. LOL
Now today, I was cruising around the magic butter machine site and see that they have a recipe for how to make your own nutella.
Here's their recipes page. The Nutella recipe is a few pages in, but you might enjoy seeing the other recipes. You don't have to have a butter machine to make the recipes if you are already making budder or oils on your own.

Recipes | MagicalButter.com

A few days ago I took what was left of my finely ground decarbed and mixed it into a jar of Nutella. Makes my evening toast snack a WHOLE lot better. LOL
Now today, I was cruising around the magic butter machine site and see that they have a recipe for how to make your own nutella.
Here's their recipes page. The Nutella recipe is a few pages in, but you might enjoy seeing the other recipes. You don't have to have a butter machine to make the recipes if you are already making budder or oils on your own.

Recipes | MagicalButter.com

:thumb:reps for that canna. Haven't been to the site for awhile. Lots more things to use my MB for.:peace::circle-of-love:

LOL Canna. I see all these yummy treats on here, but I'm content with my toast and tea before going to bed. It puts the kibosh on my insomnia and I sleep like a baby. You'd think with all my years cheffing that I'd be all over producing the treats presented here... Canna-nutella would be nice on my toast for a change. I might even get up off my ass and make some of that.

:thumb:reps for that canna. Haven't been to the site for awhile. Lots more things to use my MB for.:peace::circle-of-love:
I just know you are going to make some awesome stuff. You have got be gettin' antsy! :high-five:

LOL Canna. I see all these yummy treats on here, but I'm content with my toast and tea before going to bed. It puts the kibosh on my insomnia and I sleep like a baby. You'd think with all my years cheffing that I'd be all over producing the treats presented here... Canna-nutella would be nice on my toast for a change. I might even get up off my ass and make some of that.

It is really good if you grind that weed up into more of a powder, not too powdery...but you being a former 5 star restaurant Chef...I'm sure you know what I mean. There is a form of Nutella found online called "Nugtella". I believe it's a dispensary in CA...or one of those legal states. They supposedly have a really special process with how they make it and the recipe just cannot be found anywhere, that I've seen. Do you think it's a simple as taking a jar of Nutella and doing what we're doing? :laugh:

Oh, and sometimes I like to add a wee drop of mint extract to mine. I love mint!

So, get off your arse and make something to knock you back on your arse. I did. :rofl:
I'm going to sleep really well tonight.

Thanks for that Cannafan :) In my dairy cow milking days I remember now making something similar to this but I recall using junket tablets as a substitute for rennet. It turned out more like cottage cheese though. I have an idea that would be because I didn't continue to the five hour hanging process. I am definitely going to make this cream cheese just because I can!

Joyle, junket tablet are rennet. My mother is British and used to make us junket with fresh berries. You've given me a comforting craving...

Comfort is important. Frankly, I'm a hedonistic eater. Appetite is not a problem. If I had some of your cookies, snicker-snickers, etc. around I'd probably eat five or six before the cannabis ever kicked in.

Chamomile tea and canna butter toast with a little asertive herbacious honey or cinnamon sugar whilst doing some recreational reading or watching inane TV before bed is a comforting ritual. It is more than just the effects of the herb alone. It is a signal to put the worries of the day and tomorrow behind me.

Rather than fruitlessly tossing and turning thinking about what is yet to be done, how I could have done what I did better, etc, I crawl into bed and think more esoteric thoughts. Zzzzzzzzzz. The comforting ritual augments the medicinal qualities of the herb. I don't need to medicate in the day. It's night that the demons come out and torment my sleep.

Canna can poke me all she wants to get off my ass and do more canna cooking. It's hard for me to disrupt the comforting ritual, however. I get all sorts of devilish notions when I think about cannabis cooking. Imagine feeding all the adults eggs Benedict swathed in cannabutter hollendaise sauce for breakfast at a holiday gathering? The children could raise one hell of a ruckus and the adults would sit by the fire in their jambos and chill.

Ahhh, its a pleasant picture, until someone with no tolerance goes paranoid and freaks out in an anxiety ridden reefer madness analog. lol.

Cana butter toast and tea... It will be hard to motivate me away from that effective and pleasant ritual.

Thanks for that Cannafan :) In my dairy cow milking days I remember now making something similar to this but I recall using junket tablets as a substitute for rennet. It turned out more like cottage cheese though. I have an idea that would be because I didn't continue to the five hour hanging process. I am definitely going to make this cream cheese just because I can!
Hi Joyle, you can still buy the junket tablets in some stores in the section where they have gelatins and such. But more and more stores are discontinuing them. I bought a crap load of them off Ebay once so I would always have some. Also, the rennet is getting harder and harder to find in the original "animal rennet" form, it is now a veggie rennet. It works, but I really like the texture I got from the animal rennet much better. Subtle difference, but there.
You can also make your own yogurt to use as a culture. I think the site I was most fond of when I was heavy into making homemade cheeses was someone called "The Cheese Queen".
Here's the site link if you're interested:
cheesemaking - Online Store

Pizza31.jpg

Did Someone Say Pizza?

IMG_20130925_213919.jpg

Imagine feeding all the adults eggs Benedict swathed in cannabutter hollendaise sauce for breakfast at a holiday gathering? The children could raise one hell of a ruckus and the adults would sit by the fire in their jambos and chill.

PeeJay, this really tempts me...I mean REALLY tempts me. LOL Can you imagine? No more married couples nit-picking at each other during dinner and card games....no grandpa's that the kids can call "Grumpa"..he would be too giggly for that. LOL
No screaming at kids, no beer cans and mixed drink glasses to clean up afterward....ahh the comforting thoughts that gives me. And the hilarious possibilities!!
But, I shall refrain from such temptations......I think most of the family would not "get" the humour. (as they are quietly thinking to themselves that was the most relaxed feeling they've felt in years)
:rofl:

Fresh CannaCoco Crispie Treats

Greetings, I made these yesterday for the Super Bowl (I'm from WA :cheer: )

Here is what you need:

Treats:
pam or other cooking spray
6 cups coco crispies
6 oz marshmellows
3 Tbsp fresh cannabudder (recipe included)

double boiler
Budder:
1/3 to 1/2 stick butter (unsalter)
8oz fresh leaf, or one of these:
CAM00002.jpg

if you do have one of these, turn it into one of these:
CAM000212.jpg

and one of these:
CAM000254.jpg

Then set up a double boiler with plenty of water in the bottom, and get it screaming hot.
Add your butter and let it melt while you do the next few steps.

Put the fresh leaf in a blender with about a cup of water like so:
CAM000272.jpg

Give 'er a spin, and when it looks like creamed spinach pour it in the top of your double boiler.
CAM00029.jpg

Cover the top of the boiler tightly and turn the heat down to low.
Now go do something else for somewhere between 6 and 24 hours,
making sure that you do not allow the double boiler to run dry, and that you do not open the top pan.
CAM000301.jpg

Sorry i forgot to take a pic when it was done.. When you get done simmering it, it will look dark and glossy on top. Take the top pan off the stove and let it sit for awhile to come down closer to room temp while you get a strainer set up.
Use cheese cloth or (clean,new,washed) panty hose and set it into a funnel (a colander would be the right tool if you have a properly equiped kitchen)

Anyway, the idea is to dump the mixture through the colander and the cheese cloth. When all the liquid is through, squeeze as much as you can out of the plant matter. I usually twist it up into a tea bag like shape and squeeze the crap out of it.

Now put the liquid in the fridge and LEAVE IT ALONE for 4 or so hours so that the butter gets solid. If you mess with it you will get little grains of butter instead of a solid piece. If you screw it up just warm it up so it melts and try again.
IMG_20140201_160946.jpg

When its hard poke a hole in it and drain the water off. i use a strainer to catch it.

Soooo.. Now we can make the yummies.

Set your double boiler back up and get it screaming hot again. Now add your budder to the top bowl and let it get as hot as its gonna. Then you can start melting the marshmellons into it:
IMG_20140201_170119.jpg

Continue adding the marshmellons until they are all fully incorporated. Should look like green taffy:
IMG_20140201_171507.jpg

Then add your crispies and stir em up. Coat a lasagna pan with pam and if you have a potato smasher (ricer) hit the bottom of that too. you'll thank me.

Dump it all out into the pan and flatten it out, working quickly:
IMG_20140201_172607.jpg

Go have a smoke while it cools, and voilla: Super Bowl Treats! Go Weed Hawks!

IMG_20140201_174434.jpg

:yahoo: Great Tute Mordjah, and :welcome:

I love that you used coco krispies instead of regular rice krispies! I wish I had seen this earlier this morning, I would have made some for sure. You are going to love the game now, as well as anyone else in the crowd. I'd bet they are very potent. LOL
Thanks very much for posting that, I'm sure others are going to enjoy!

:cheer:GO SEAHAWKS!!:cheer:

Sorry .. I went AWOL . I should stay permanently from this foodies thread. I get the munchies just looking at all the piccies. I too was curious re. Junket tablets/rennet. I knew that rennet comes from pigs ... the bladder I think, yuk! Here's a bit of research ..... Cheese rennet is 80% chymosin and 20% pepsin. Junket is 80% pepsin, so it is much weaker than cheese rennet. Even if you use more of it to compensate for this, there is so much pepsin in junket that it increases protein breakdown to the point where there are problems when the cheese ages. Not a big problem when making soft cheeses luckily for us :) I trialled a batch of cheese and chive savoury biscuits ( savory crackers?) but my sickies gagged on the overwhelming 'green' taste. Oh well, back to the drawing board ha ha. I'm looking for a savoury sativa morning 'dose' for my grandson .... Any ideas?

Joyle, if taste is an issue, you might want to try making RSO caps.

You can adjust the strength to meet his needs and there is no taste

Honey slide on toast is good, but again there is a slight taste, but more subtle

I hope this helps

My favorite sandwich is smoked tongue on wry

Back
Top Bottom