The Cazzy Shack, A Grow Shed Build

I'm in! Nice build going on. I love it when a skilled trades person gets into growing. The grow rooms are so well done. I'd love to be able to build a room like that. You've made the right choice going with DBHBB for sure. I do HVAC for a living so if you need help there, I'm here. Only observation I can make right now is on your comment about using a portable AC. It looks like your room is going to be sealed? Sealed would be the way to go but until you can afford a mini split you'll have to have a way to bring in air when you run the portable. Those exhaust room air to the outside so you need to bring air to avoid exhausting all the air out of your room. I'm guessing you know this but just wanted to point it out just in case. Welcome to the high brix gang and here's to your little buddy getting better....:passitleft:, what strains will you be starting out with?

I'm in too. Retired but keeping busy with planning, prepping & starting an organic grow myself. Will be on top of your progress. Our thoughts & prayers for Caz. Congrats for the upcoming nuptials.

The name comes from my 8 y/o Vizsla named Caz. I got him when he was 5 from a family who couldn’t handle his amazing loving personality and crazy amounts of fun energy. He likes to go dirt biking with me. Unfortunately back in Janurary he was diagnosed with a severe cancer in his blood. So far he is fighting the good fight and after his surgery he has not shown any symptoms thanks to the medicine he is on. So the shed is going to be named after him.
Started this build back in November of 2018. Hoping to start growing inside it by the end of May or June. I am an Electrician with framing experience. Plan on growing in my Under Current System along with the Doc Bud High Brix Kit. Just mixed my soil so it will be ready in a month. I have a veg room that is 5x6 with just under 10ft ceilings. The flower room is 8x9 with 10ft ceilings.

I have a 60amp sub panel with multiple circuits for each room. Separate circuits for ac in each room and 120v and 240v outlets in the ceiling for lights. Will be doing a combo of LED and HID supplemental UV Fluence lighting in the Flower room. I will be doing a grow journal when I get started. On each wall I have 2 gang duplex outlets 15amp for fans at 4ft. Then a single duplex outlet at 20in for anything else that is 20amp.

I plan on setting up a sink with some sort of drainage. Running water will be via outdoor faucet from my house to an outdoor faucet on the shed so that it can be disconnected during the winter months.

For environment controls I have a stand alone portable ac and portable heater. Might change it to baseboard electric heat. Plan on getting a split unit eventually. I am going to run ventilation pipes in the attic area for vent fans and ac exhaust. Still need some help on this area.
82C3FF8E-4C9B-4694-B5E4-CA8A62C7A974.jpeg
27D46122-8C20-4B1C-9CA0-59C2DF7135C4.jpeg

Any questions comments or suggestions are more than welcome. Wish I was able to post more pictures but I was difficult doing it during the winter with the sun setting at 4pm. I live in Mass.
This is Caz
3DD3D475-E60E-4446-9478-429DFEFAFCAA.jpeg
I LOVE a quality build out, and a friendly mate to keep you company along the way. Keep up the awesome work, and I look forward to the new beginnings, and following along.

I'm in! Nice build going on. I love it when a skilled trades person gets into growing. The grow rooms are so well done. I'd love to be able to build a room like that. You've made the right choice going with DBHBB for sure. I do HVAC for a living so if you need help there, I'm here. Only observation I can make right now is on your comment about using a portable AC. It looks like your room is going to be sealed? Sealed would be the way to go but until you can afford a mini split you'll have to have a way to bring in air when you run the portable. Those exhaust room air to the outside so you need to bring air to avoid exhausting all the air out of your room. I'm guessing you know this but just wanted to point it out just in case. Welcome to the high brix gang and here's to your little buddy getting better....:passitleft:, what strains will you be starting out with?
This is why I love this site and community so much. The support here is like nothing else you can get anywhere. Thank you so much. I will absolutely be using ur HVAC knowledge. I appreciate the heads up on making sure I’m pulling enough air in. I’ll drill a 4-6 in hole in the ceiling where I can replace the plywood easy enough to pull some air in and have the exhaust go out there too. Just have the intake end at the ceiling since the unit will be on the ground and I’ll run flex to the other side of the room. Planned on pulling air from the flower side to the veg side via an exhaust fan on a thermostat. Ur thoughts? I’ll let you know the strains when I take a look what I have. Got a bunch of seeds at the beginning of the winter.

I'm in too. Retired but keeping busy with planning, prepping & starting an organic grow myself. Will be on top of your progress. Our thoughts & prayers for Caz. Congrats for the upcoming nuptials.
Are u a veteran too? I was an Army Combat Medic in the Infantry for 8 years. Deployed to Afghanistan once. Spent a little over a year in Zabul Province Arghandab District at a Combat Outpost COP Lane. RIP Corporal Lane.

Are u a veteran too? I was an Army Combat Medic in the Infantry for 8 years. Deployed to Afghanistan once. Spent a little over a year in Zabul Province Arghandab District at a Combat Outpost COP Lane. RIP Corporal Lane.
I was in Zabul. Sucks balls.
Combat Engineer.

Yes. A DIY recipe based on "Coots". Plus a tea.
I’ve heard good things about that. Do u have worms in ur soil? I want to do a live soil that has worms. I have a worm farm. Red Rigglers I think they are called. I would like to set up a no till with top dressing and clover. That will be a side project. Planning on growing in DBHBB

I’ve heard good things about that. Do u have worms in ur soil? I want to do a live soil that has worms. I have a worm farm. Red Rigglers I think they are called. I would like to set up a no till with top dressing and clover. That will be a side project. Planning on growing in DBHBB
Ha, I am pretty sure we are on a similar grow tactic. I just negotiated some 7 gal fabric bags & a ziplock of EWC, so I am at least moving forward with my limited retirement budget & bag seeds.

What base were u at? Our main base and the rest of our platoon was down in Qalat at FOB Smart. What year? I was there 2010-2011
Was at wolverine. But not for long. There was a huge demand for my skill set.
KAF was where we reset. Even made it to Helmand province. Bactwo valley fire base and fob Sweeny and ramrod and places that did have names.
I was there 09-10 with 5th brigade 2 ID the kill brigade.

Was at wolverine. But not for long. There was a huge demand for my skill set.
KAF was where we reset. Even made it to Helmand province. Bactwo valley fire base and fob Sweeny and ramrod and places that did have names.
I was there 09-10 with 5th brigade 2 ID the kill brigade.
We had guys at Sweeney and I had been to wolverine.

This is why I love this site and community so much. The support here is like nothing else you can get anywhere. Thank you so much. I will absolutely be using ur HVAC knowledge. I appreciate the heads up on making sure I’m pulling enough air in. I’ll drill a 4-6 in hole in the ceiling where I can replace the plywood easy enough to pull some air in and have the exhaust go out there too. Just have the intake end at the ceiling since the unit will be on the ground and I’ll run flex to the other side of the room. Planned on pulling air from the flower side to the veg side via an exhaust fan on a thermostat. Ur thoughts? I’ll let you know the strains when I take a look what I have. Got a bunch of seeds at the beginning of the winter.

If you have enough AC to keep the temps under control without needing ventilation to help with the temps you should only need like a single 6" exhaust fan and some sort of passive inlet to handle humidity spike at lights out. 3k watts of lights will support 12 nice sized flowering plants at once which will put out more humidity than you will be able to keep under control with just a dehumidifier when the lights are off unless you want to spend a small fortune on a commercial dehumidifier.

If you're running a single AC for both rooms I would put the AC in the veg room. You want your veg plants 5-10 degrees colder than the flowering plants so it's probably the only way to make it work. Plus your flower room will require more cooling than the veg room since it will have more lighting. You could keep your veg room around 70-75 and then when the flower lights are off you should be able to get that same temp and hopefully keep the temp rise to 5 - 8 degrees when the flower lights are on. I don't know that a thermostat between them will be necessary i'm guessing you will have the problem of not enough cooling for the flower room without making the veg room too cold in the process with the amount of lighting you're looking to run but it may come in handy when the seasons change.

Not sure if it's to late for the lights you may already have but if not cool tubes are awesome for MH/HPS setups. They remove the majority of the heat from the light right out of the room so you don't have to cool it with the AC. If you can't keep the temps low enough in your flower room without making it to cold in the veg room these might be the cheapest solution to make it work.

Hope this helps, let the questions fly!
Have a good night! :passitleft:

So great!!!

This is apx the same size as I intend to build in my backyard, however, the design of it needs to be flexible enough to convert between winter and summer modes. As where I live gets to -30f in the winter and 90s in the summer at times. My current shop that I built in the winter is already overheating and its not even hot out yet.

I be starting with a 12x16x10 structure. (9x12 flowering) + (7 x9 veg room) +( 7x3 air manipulation room)

The air manipulation room will have gear for moderating temps and for filtration of exhaust.

In the summer,
AC and lights will vent out to the air room and then a huge filtered fan to exhaust outside.
In the winter,
This room will act as an intake room and will warm the air if is too freezing, before sending directly to the plants.
Filters will move to flowering room and vent straight outside.

Any comments or advice, things that you learned, would be great to know.

You wiring looks great btw :)

Looking neat and proper @YzMedic! This is going to be on great grow show to follow. Looking good! :bravo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom