Is the wick coiled on the whole bottom of the cup, or layed over and filled on? How many inches do you think are in there?
The wick is a piece of synthetic wool with a knot tied in one end. I pull the loose end thru the hole and out the bottom. Only a large knot is inside the cup with no extra wool. The knot is at the very end.
20230210_044436.jpg

Used wick with lettuce roots still in it.

The babies appear to like the swick jars.
At 10 days their size is a fine and they have roots popping out the bottoms on all 7. I need a plan real quick for them.
20230209_155639.jpg
20230209_155639.jpg
20230209_155626.jpg
20230209_155557.jpg
20230209_155532.jpg
20230209_155458.jpg
20230209_155407.jpg

And The Mutants

20230209_155642.jpg
20230209_160808.jpg

Also a 3rd bubble clone has roots now. So thats 3 of 6 in 8 days. Hopefully I get the other 3 soon.
What are you using for your swick n what’s inside the jar? H2O or nutes? CL🍀

What are you using for your swick n what’s inside the jar? H2O or nutes? CL🍀
The swicks are synthetic wool from my wifes used wool basket.

The jars are RO water.

So far I have spoon fed 1 tablespoon of fish fertilizer water to each seedling twice.

I topwater in 2 or 3 more tablespoons of water afterwards and mix the fish ferts at 1.25ml per litre of RO water.

I put the jars on heat mats until day 3 above ground is over.

The soil is my main potting mix.

I grind spagnum to dust, soak it overnight in water, then put an inch around blob on top of the pot about an 1/8" thick and plant my seeds crown up about 3/4 deep in the spagnum.

Then I cover them in as little spagnum as possible and wait for germination.

I don't presoak my seeds. Law of the Jungle. Pop quick or the fungii gets you.

The spagnum is naturally sterile so when the seed cracks it pushes its embriotic microbes into the sterile spagnum and innoculates it without competition.

Mothers Milk is created.

The seed finds its own links to the actual soil.

You need to drip 2 or 3 drips of water onto them about 4 times a day for 2-4 days til they pop, but I get stronger sprouts this way than when I presoak and plant conventionally.

I read about it, tried it, its a pain in the butt, but I always do it now.

Its my first investment in a 5-6 month journey.

Sometimes the tap root will push the seed up instead of burrowing so I just help it get into the soil and away it goes.

The swicks are synthetic wool from my wifes used wool basket.

The jars are RO water.

So far I have spoon fed 1 tablespoon of fish fertilizer water to each seedling twice.

I topwater in 2 or 3 more tablespoons of water afterwards and mix the fish ferts at 1.25ml per litre of RO water.

I put the jars on heat mats until day 3 above ground is over.

The soil is my main potting mix.

I grind spagnum to dust, soak it overnight in water, then put an inch around blob on top of the pot about an 1/8" thick and plant my seeds crown up about 3/4 deep in the spagnum.

I don't presoak my seeds. Law of the Jungle. Pop quick or the fungii gets you.

The spagnum is naturally sterile so when the seed cracks it pushes its embriotic microbes into the sterile spagnum and innoculates it without competition.

Mothers Milk is created.

The seed finds its own links to the actual soil.

You need to drip 2 or 3 drips of water onto them about 4 times a day for 2-4 days til they pop, but I get stronger sprouts this way than when I presoak and plant conventionally.

I read about it, tried it, its a pain in the butt, but I always do it now.

Its my first investment in a 5-6 month journey.

Sometimes the tap root will push the seed up instead of burrowing so I just help it get into the soil and away it goes.
Do you know if anyone has tried this but using @Bill284 method for solos? CL🍀

By "little as possible" I mean you still want a layer close to the thickness underneath, but if you can get it a bit lighter then perfect. Just not too much.

Spagnum is heavy so the sprouts need to push both up and down to make it.

His method is layering with perlite on the bottom then adding layers of Frass, bokashi ,Myco and more perlite with a grow cube on top a little higher than the solo creating a moat of perlite.
I don't see why not. You should try it lol. I bet it would work fine.

20230210_051425.jpg

I figured out a way to ensure another spray-bottle-into-the-clones incident doesn't (or at least shouldn't) happen again. 🤣

The craftsmanship is just *chefs kiss* beautiful 🤣

Back
Top Bottom