August 9/23
20230809_120720.jpg

Time to plant 4 Durban Poison seeds in 10 gallon cloth pots. I fill the pots and insert this where the seeds will go.

20230809_120705.jpg
20230809_120741.jpg

My soil is already almost optimally moist but 2 litres gets poured in. No run-off. Then the hole gets filled with a mix of 2 solos full of used soil well mixed with 1 full tablespoon of myco.

1 solo of soil to fill the hole and another to lightly cover the entire pot surface with a high myco dusting.

20230809_122226.jpg

4 spikes added.

20230809_164640.jpg

1 blob of saturated spaghnum moss for a seed to go in.

20230809_164553.jpg

And a dome.

20230809_164547.jpg

Into the veg tent they go. They will all be top watered. No SWICK'ing this round.

Recycled soil May 17

20 gals recycled soil
2 gals coco
5 cups prilled dolomite
1 cup blood meal
.5 cup bat guano
1 cup glacial rock dust
3 cups feather meal
3 cups bone meal
1.5 cups greensand
.3 cups SRP
2 cups organic basmati
.75 cups gypsum
3 cups kelp meal
2 cups alfalfa meal
1 cup oyster shell flour

Aug 9/23
Extra calcium per 20Gallons
1 cup prilled dolomite
1 cup oyster flour
.25 cup gypsum
Mixed in at potting.

I added the extra calcium to combat the Cal/Mag deficiencies so often brought on by high powered LED lights

Worm farm amendments per 4gal tray.
kitchen scraps/coffee grounds
2 oz cannabis bud
2 oz cannabis leaf
2 tablespoons kelp meal
2 tablespoons alfalfa meal
1 tablespoon greensand
1 tablespoon rock phosphate
1 teaspoon SRP
1 tablespoons oyster flour
1 tablespoon glacial rock dust
2 gals coco
1 gal perlite

Spikes
1 part feathermeal
1 part bat guano
1 part bone meal
.5 part kelp meal
.5 part alfalfa meal

Are you thinking that this Gelato could also be treated as a calmag issue?
It's possible. After I dose them, sometimes there's some pretty strong positive growth that I can only attribute to the cal/mag. Very possible.
What does EarthBox actually say about it?
They show a row 2 inches deep filled with x amount of dolomite lime. A cup or two? I don't have the sheet here but I'll post it. It's a lot of lime and it's put in a place in the pot where roots weren't all that thick. That top 2 inches was damp and did have roots but few. I'd want to find and remove it before re amending the soil.

Wow, so you just put a blob of the moss on top of the soil, with the seed inside it? Does it sprout and then root through? Is it on the surface or a bit buried?

It's possible. After I dose them, sometimes there's some pretty strong positive growth that I can only attribute to the cal/mag. Very possible.

They show a row 2 inches deep filled with x amount of dolomite lime. A cup or two? I don't have the sheet here but I'll post it. It's a lot of lime and it's put in a place in the pot where roots weren't all that thick. That top 2 inches was damp and did have roots but few. I'd want to find and remove it before re amending the soil.
Thanks Otter. I think I'll add calcium to the next watering in a couple of days.

Wow, so you just put a blob of the moss on top of the soil, with the seed inside it? Does it sprout and then root through? Is it on the surface or a bit buried?
The seeds buried in the spaghnum moss. The spaghnum is sterile so it allows the seeds to set up its own biome before the roots poke into the soil.

Tan/brown spots on the leaves were the tell for mine. Then for the mag call it's lighter green between veins. Calcium is heavy and I assume harder to elevate?
I have a few tan marks which are not the same as the spots I see from calcium deficiency. The muti is calmag. I am hesitant. I'll decide closer to the next feed. It's not spreading fast.

Hi Gee, sorry you lost your three cuttings but I know you are far from precious about your experiments. Wishing you well with the sproutlings.

I tagged you in Perkpot's journal because they have been growing on SWICK and are at advanced stage of flower, looking to be in great health. I've asked Perkpot how they managed the SWICK to get such excellent results. I look forward to their response next time they are online.

Hi Gee, sorry you lost your three cuttings but I know you are far from precious about your experiments. Wishing you well with the sproutlings.

I tagged you in Perkpot's journal because they have been growing on SWICK and are at advanced stage of flower, looking to be in great health. I've asked Perkpot how they managed the SWICK to get such excellent results. I look forward to their response next time they are online.
Thanks Carmen but their demise doesn't really matter. I cut them just to see how well they would root. I should have used soil instead of a bubble cloner. They were small cuts. I didn't really think that one through.

The mothers are growing outside in the yard so I really don't pay much attention to them, so when it was time to cut the clones I got the bubble cloner all set up and went out back to get the cuts.

I am so used to sativas and huge cuts I didn't realize how small the indicas clone branches would be.

So long story short I put small cuts into the bubble cloner even though I had my doubts of it working out.

My plan was to veg them in used dirt and chop them down to make cannabis meal for the worms so it wasn't really a loss.

I am pumped about growing these 4 Durbans though. I had 4 beauties going nicely until my light failed so I am really craving flower mode. It's been a long time since I flowered out some plants that weren't an experiment.

These ones will get top watered with dripper lines once they are in the flower tent.

I still have the 2 ex-swickers flowering but they aren't very pretty plants. They lost almost all the fan leaves but yet somehow are managing to flower not too badly. Weed is a tough plant lol.

If they don't hermie I will be very impressed. If they do hermie then the worms will get them.

I really need a nice normal science free grow lol. Hopefully my new light doesn't come with a big learning curve.

I'm also curious to see if the new UV add-on bars will make much of a difference. In theory it should add frost.

I just realized that when I cleaned the veg tent I plugged the lights straight into the wall and not the timer. They are 4 days old but have been under 24/0. I will correct that today. I hope I didn't screw them up.
Photoperiod plants? I grew photoperiods on my table top last year and they were under 24/0 before flip because they were with autos at first, and I keep autos on 24/0, funnily enough they were the ones on SWICKS too. They grew up just fine. I'm sure your babies will be okay.

I see Perkpot is using a wick. I did far better growing with wicks than in perlite tubs but the wicks eventually plugged with roots and whatnot so I gave up on it. I hope he gets them to harvest. I would be very interested to see his rootball.

I just brix'd an outdoor PK. It was 21 before stretch. Stretch is about 1 week in now and it brix'd at 25. At 25 it appears that even the grasshoppers leave them alone now.

20230815_201538.jpg

The one with the red tag is the one I brix'd.

20230815_203602.jpg

The desert over the fence is lit right up tonight. I was hoping to catch the colors in a pic with the ganja plants but they are too heavy to move into the light.

I just brix'd an outdoor PK. It was 21 before stretch. Stretch is about 1 week in now and it brix'd at 25. At 25 it appears that even the grasshoppers leave them alone now.

20230815_201538.jpg

The one with the red tag is the one I brix'd.

20230815_203602.jpg

The desert over the fence is lit right up tonight. I was hoping to catch the colors in a pic with the ganja plants but they are too heavy to move into the light.
Gorgeous, Gee!

Back
Top Bottom