The Legion Of Doob: Perpetual Chaos

:adore: on the Dabpress Doob... I am 100% resolved to get one. You have the 6ton yes? Can you get that model but with an electric powered press - or whatever the hydraulic component is (I’m still learning about what all the different components of the ‘machine’ are).

I can see it as a way to making my medicinal oils without even needing the MB2 and even better - without plant matter. Double win! And then I’ll get to try a dab :eek: triple win!

:adore: on the Dabpress Doob... I am 100% resolved to get one. You have the 6ton yes? Can you get that model but with an electric powered press - or whatever the hydraulic component is (I’m still learning about what all the different components of the ‘machine’ are).

I can see it as a way to making my medicinal oils without even needing the MB2 and even better - without plant matter. Double win! And then I’ll get to try a dab :eek: triple win!
Yes I have the 6-ton. I don’t think it comes with a hydrolic option. But for like $100 more they do have the 10-ton version.

Yeah for edibles and oils it’s great! The no plant matter part is huge for me. I basically stopped making the infused condensed milk altogether due to the mess of straining it. I haven’t made any with rosin yet but it’s now on my mind. Infusing corn syrup with rosin really took me to a new level, although it worked very well with flower too. I’m really digging the press more than I thought I would.

I just pressed 5g of OG Kush Malawi Cob cured buds into 1g of rosin. I have this dab bong that I’ve never used, but just washed. If you never see me again know it’s cause I coughed myself to oblivion, with a smile on my face. :rofl:

:passitleft:

Oh yeah I took pictures of the cob pressing, I didn’t press the big part on the left.
B2E77432-B75A-4C91-87B4-E3C7D1D3D893.jpeg
C5B4F313-4926-4B2B-A01A-F5746D974F59.jpeg
7ADD94D6-213C-49DA-90A7-96E0E0A6B731.jpeg
D98797BE-818A-4150-B038-14EED3DAAA4A.jpeg

There are hand powered presses, meaning you lock it in by a cam/arm

Can't think of the brand, but all the good ones are hydrolic

Some do have pressure sensors and fully auto.. but yer talking over $1000

I have the 3t ando e it

Cool thanks Chris - yeah, I’m trying to find out if something that eliminates the need to use physical strength is possible without spending $1000 :)

Really I need to read about every coompnent invited and how they works tp gether so I can get a better idea of what all eh options actually mean, what they are. I really have not enough idea right now. Any of you know of good resources that just explain all the parts?

Dabpress doesn't sell an electric, or pneumatic pump for their presses. You can put something together yourself for their 10 ton presses. I'm quite content with the Strongway manual punp I have. If you need to, a longer handle can be used with it. Dulytek has a five ton press that's got this included, but is expensive at $1800 USD.

Dabpress doesn't sell an electric, or pneumatic pump for their presses. You can put something together yourself for their 10 ton presses. I'm quite content with the Strongway manual punp I have. If you need to, a longer handle can be used with it. Dulytek has a five ton press that's got this included, but is expensive at $1800 USD.
Saw one for $749 from them, fully hands free, it's on sale
DULYTEK® DW6000

Thanks CHris. That unit looks great. With the exchange rate that is over $1000 for me, even on sale. It’s good to know about those ones tho so thanks!

Would it be less ‘capable’ becasue it’s only 3ton?

And a question to those of you that have the 6ton Dabpress with bottle and lever, like Doob’s, how much strength/force does it require to use it? Imagine for me that you’re 75yo, with a bit of arthritis :D could you use it?

Ok Amy a couple of factors to consider. I have the 6 ton and have tried it different ways. I'm a big man at 280 lbs. And thought the more human pressure I could put to it the better. Wrong. If you're going to do an alcohol rinse after you squeeze them then I use very little pressure. I bring the plates together with hardly any pressure for 30 seconds to kinda warm things up. I then put a slight amount of constant pressure by leaning on the handle for the next 3 min. I then let it sit for 30 seconds under this pressure. I then release the pressure and pull the parchment paper, puck, and rosin out. I have a jar that the pucks go into that I keep in the freezer. Once I have a good amount I'll rinse them out with alcohol. With all this in mind I feel I'll be getting the most out of the plant one way or the other so I don't weigh things too see what % I'm getting by squeezing.
When I first got my press I thought more pressure is better. Not true. I feel a slight constant pressure yields the most flavorful rosin and trying to put more pressure than needed yields busted bags and other problems.

Would it be less ‘capable’ becasue it’s only 3ton?

And a question to those of you that have the 6ton Dabpress with bottle and lever, like Doob’s, how much strength/force does it require to use it? Imagine for me that you’re 75yo, with a bit of arthritis :D could you use it?

I squeeze my 7 gm pucks to just having a bit of pressure on the handle to start. Then after a minute I take it up to 1000 lb on the dial. That's 1 ton on the puck as the piston in the jack is 2 sq in. Two and a half minutes later I take it up to 2500 PSI, or 2-1/2 tons on the puck. That tells me that a three ton press will do nicely for 7 gm pucks. The three inch square plate size is good as well.

A 75yo, with a bit of arthritis :D could move the world with a long enough lever. I have a 30 ton bottle jack that has a two part 4 foot long handle. My point is that should you have a problem with any of the manual presses, getting a longer piece of pipe to use as a handle will let you use it. That applies for any of the Dabpress products from the three ton right up to the ten ton I have. I think your biggest problem will be pulling it out to use the press, as it weighs a bit, and is awkward to carry.

The presses with a separate pump can be used with an electric or pneumatic pump as well. There is a suitable single-acting electric pump available on Amazon for $360 CAD or $270 USD. That's about double what manual pump would cost. This may be an option for you if you get one of the ten ton models.

It makes sense a larger pump should mean less force is needed

IE... 10t easier than 3t

My 3t seems real easy to me, I don't reef down the pressure. But getting a cheater bar, meaning longer pump handle will help a lot as well to eliminate human force needed

Hey thanks everybody :thanks: That helps a lot. It’s good to consider the overall weight of the unit too on terms of handling it, positioning it, storing it etc. so thanks Salty for mentioning that part. My decision will probably be guided by finding a balance between enough power in teh unit and a unit that isn’t too cumbersome and doesn’t weigh a ton itself! Might even be the 3ton.

In any case, pretty much all of it sounds better than cleaning the friggin MB2. Heavy and awkward o_O

Wow just saw this on Reddit, a lolipop with a biodegradable plantable stick that has a seed in it. Kind of cool. Anyone tried one yet?

1D0BE74D-7C2F-46B4-83A6-21AFA276ED32.jpeg

That’s funny! The packaging has the character of the era when cannabis prohibition really kicked in (1940s, 50s)
You just hve to get one now Doob! :popcorn:

I have a feeling Amy they’re all going to be pretty heavy, my little 6-ton feels like it weighs almost 6-tons. Seriously it feels like it weighs a bit more than a full 5gal bucket of water, so not super bad but I’m not exactly moving it around all the time either.

There’s also foot hydraulic pumps that seem easy enough, but I’ve never seen one in person.

Doing actual dabs with the rig and torch was a little excessive for me. I did it twice and the first time I coughed fairly bad and got the sweats. The second I was better prepared and took a larger dab but hit carefully and coughed a lot less. It just seemed a bit wasteful, it was a very strong short lasting high. The same amount of rosin in the dab pen lasts me about 3-5 hits instead of one, and the high although not quite as intense, lasts at least an hour or more instead of about 20 minutes from smoking it all in one hit. Was fun but back to my regular scheduled joints.

What do you guys think of “Driptech” the press comes with legs to angle the press to make the rosin drip right off on to a silicone mat. Do any of you guys use that? Seems like it would allow a higher temperature pressing without the rosin being under that high temp for as long. But also the rosin in the back has to drip all the way through the bag to drip out so it’ll be under the heat longer...

Back
Top Bottom