The Living Medicine Cabinet

Unless the light is something more than passive I doubt it would have a negative impact. I have never grown indoors but grew a good bit out doors and the full moon is rather bright down here.

See that's something I have always wondered about. I wonder if with indoor growing where the light schedules are so rigid that slightest bit of light could cause a hermie? It also makes me question why both plants in my last grow hermied. I'm certain it was stress induced, but by what then? There is a significant amount of ambient light at night outdoors, so where did this idea of needing complete darkness come from?
Hmm

I have wondered that myself as I have been able to walk to my magic garden in the dead of night, opening and closing gates, not spooking cattle nor tripping over whatever all without electric light.

The one oasis of relative sanity in North Central Florida, home of Mud Crutch (now known as Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Don Felder and Bernie Leadon of the Eagles, the last home of Bo Diddley and home to one of the first homegrown made in America strains, Gainesville Green.
:tokin:

The one oasis of relative sanity in North Central Florida, home of Mud Crutch (now known as Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Don Felder and Bernie Leadon of the Eagles, the last home of Bo Diddley and home to one of the first homegrown made in America strains, Gainesville Green.
:tokin:

I always thought Florida had an undeserving bad rap. Never been there my self though. Georgia is as far south as I've ever made it.

Florida is at a disadvantage, due to our location we seem to act as the refuse pipe for the rest of the nation. By this I mean, we have our crazies and those of the contiguous states. It is rather beautiful in my area but I avoid the rest of the State as best as I can.
O, I almost forgot that could add that this is likely where, in the 70's, Soma gained quality knowledge about growing and breeding our beloved plant.

Gotta brag a little, you understand. However, I look forward to moving back to CO or maybe OR.
:thumb:

Florida is at a disadvantage, due to our location we seem to act as the refuse pipe for the rest of the nation. By this I mean, we have our crazies and those of the contiguous states. It is rather beautiful in my area but I avoid the rest of the State as best as I can.
O, I almost forgot that could add that this is likely where, in the 70's, Soma gained quality knowledge about growing and breeding our beloved plant.

Gotta brag a little, you understand. However, I look forward to moving back to CO or maybe OR.

oregon is where its at

CO is in my very near future plans. I should be out there in about 1 1/2 - 2 years. Can't wait to leave VA. Its time for a change.

oregon is where its at

Hows the whole job situation out there? Portland was at one point pretty high up on my list, but career opportunities, or rather variety, seemed kind of bleak. Whenever I brought it up to people from there, they always told me to have a jobn waiting for me or i could be screwed. I don't know how accurate that is though.

Two updates in one day? How brazen!

Nothing too crazy, but its impressive to me how fast these are growing compared to my last go around. The girls are already twice their size from this morning. Just goes to show you what a good light can do for you. I'm sure the 24/0 isn't hurting. Thanks for talking me into it everyone!

WP_20150709_18_07_47_Pro.jpg

As luck would have it I was put to pasture in 2011, not that I am all that happy about it but it is what it is and at least I will not be looking for clients.

there is a ton of work in portland provided your not picky, lots of industrial. im right outside of portland

I am picky. I want to see if my current job (related) can morph into something hovering around sustainable land management. I have a few friends that live in CO that are situated in a way that I could expose myself to a a world of permaculture and environmental design. I don't know where I would stand with that in Oregon as someone just starting out.

Literally and figuratively as I understand. What other points would you highlight over CO? Oregon is one of the States I have yet to visit along with Oklahoma and Arkansas but I could not careless about those two. :)

Literally and figuratively as I understand. What other points would you highlight over CO? Oregon is one of the States I have yet to visit along with Oklahoma and Arkansas but I could not careless about those two. :)

well im only an hour and a half from the coast if that counts. dont get the snow so much here though. could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. we get snow in eastern OR and on the mountain...ummm portland has the most strip clubs per capita than anywhere else (even though ive never been to one) also the bicycle capital of the world as i understand it. the tv show grimm is filmed in portland also if you enjoy beer as i do oregon is like the craft brew mecha also there are a ton of farmers markets who carry all organic items from food to soap

...ummm portland has the most strip clubs per capita than anywhere else (even though ive never been to one) ...

Sure you haven't. :laughtwo:
I never really understood the draw, beyond the obvious...like a diabetic visiting a candy shop.

Hey everybody!

Got another brief update to throw at you. Until the plants leave the seedling stage, I won't have much to talk about. But please feel to make my journal a home for discussion if you so please. :)

Both girls are starting to develop their first set off fan leaves. And you can definitely already notice the difference in growth patterns, one being an Indica (Afgooey) and the other being Sativa (C'99)

WP_20150710_20_04_25_Pro.jpg

Try as I might, the problem of low humidity is rearing its head again. 23-32% RH isn't too bad. But because the small space can get kind of warm (High of 92F in Cab), and I need to turn the fan up to compensate for that - Humidity drops. Its around 48% RH in my apt on average, but was probably higher today because of the non stop storms rolling in over the area from the south.

WP_20150710_20_04_35_Pro.jpg

Took this last photo so you all could get some perspective on my space. I keep fantasizing about what 4 or 5 small plants would look like in there ala DrZiggy. Man what a stash I could have someday! :)

WP_20150710_20_10_20_Pro.jpg

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!

wow i hadnt realized it was so small!!! but i have seen people grow in a pc case so you should do just fine. ever thought of growing autos they pretty much stay short and bushy. temps are a bit high but i cant imagine mine are any better. i actually have no way of telling other than feel *sticks face in tent* "my temp senses are tingling!" *turns on A/C* lol but at least here in OR it stays pretty humid 45% outside. this is turning into my favorite journal im following..AHHHH IM SO EXCITED!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom